• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo to announce new Pokemon game soon

Grubdog

Banned
If Nintendo really are making a true new Pokemon RPG game for the DS, it will truly convince me that they are taking the DS seriously, and i'll be excited. But this lame looking Pikachu DS game has me a tad worried.

When I think about it, Nintendo probably could get remakes of Gold/Silver out in time for launch with a bunch of DS specific features if they reused some art assets...

I'm by no means a Pokemon fan, but a remake of this with nice, clean graphics, wifi trading+multiplay (hopefully using a builtin Pictochat "Buddy List" online play feature), a touchscreen Pokedex, and voice recognition "training" would probably get me to buy it without even thinking twice about it.

Plus there would be damned riots in Japan to buy the unit if they did that.

I think they should focus on making a more interactive world. Pokemon has always been about exploration. The DS could add very crisp and detailed 2D visuals that would put the series on a new level. It's time Nintendo really pushed Pokemon to a new standard of graphics. The jump from Gold/Silver to Ruby/Sap was not very impressive.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Grubdog said:
If Nintendo really are making a true new Pokemon RPG game for the DS, it will truly convince me that they are taking the DS seriously, and i'll be excited. But this lame looking Pikachu DS game has me a tad worried.

Wasn't a game, but a tech demo. Much of the stuff shown for DS at E3 were just demos, and they may not even become games, or part of games.

Top Bottom