• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 2016 Thread [*LIVE*] (No childish commentary allowed)

khaaan

Can someone confirm whether climbing towers will dot your map with markers? Or will climbing the tower point things out in your vision and it's up to you to mark them?

Meesh

After getting a good look at the Bokoblin art, and listening to their grunts and squeels all day during Tree House, I'm almost convinced Ganon will be that giant menacing pig brute we see in all those retro artworks. At least that's what I'm hoping, a complete final Voss throwback and while we're at it maybe some of those old bosses will return too.

oti

Banned
Chico (I don't know how her names is spelled, sorry) was a blast on the stream. I hope she's a regular from now on.

Ysarus

Have they confirmed that every shrine was designed by a different developer? Since they showed one where the “creator of the trial” was named an anagram of Aonuma. That would certainly prevent them from getting too repetitive.

Litri

The more I watch the different treehouse videos about this game in youtube, the more I love it. I mean, the magnet thingy is so fucking great.

Is there a presentation today as well?

Ck9HGB9UUAAL0n6.jpg:large

duckroll

Current schedule for Wednesday on Nintendo's E3 site:

10:00 AM PT - Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 Continues
10:30 AM PT - Pokémon GO Demonstration
10:55 AM PT - Nintendo 3DS Action/Adventure/RPG Debut Gameplay
12:45 PM PT - Monster Hunter Generations Demonstration
3:50 PM PT - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration

*Additional times to be added

What's up with the various decade old menu interface? Everything is done by pushing +, pausing the game and navigating the menu with the Dpad and Right Thumbstick.

Look at something like Darksiders 2, which Breath of the Wild sharing a lot of similarities. The Gamepad implementation in Darksiders was basic but useful, the user could quickly tap the items and equipment he wanted to use.

Also you have an open Zelda game like the original but the doodling map implementation of the DS games is not brough back?

Some steps forward some steps back i guess.

Save for the above important omisions, is great to see the Zelda team finally adopting more modern open world conventions and features seen in other games thaught, about time.

The Boat

What's up with the various decade old menu interface? Everything is done by pushing +, pausing the game and navigating the menu with the Dpad.

Look at something like Darksiders 2, which Breath of the Wild sharing a lot of similarities. The Gamepad implementation in Darksiders was basic but useful, the user could quickly tap the items and equipment he wanted to use.

Also you have an open Zelda game like the original but the doodling map implementation of the DS games is not brough back?

Don't get me wrong, is great to see the Zelda team adopt more modern open world conventions seen in other games thaught, about time.
I doubt the final game will be like this. They already had the map on the gamepad in a previous demo, they're probably withholding gamepad features for some reason.

Volotaire

Current schedule for Wednesday on Nintendo's E3 site:

10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 18:00 BST - Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 2016 Continues
10:30 AM PT / 1:30 PM ET / 18:30 BST - Pokémon GO Demonstration
10:55 AM PT / 1:55 PM ET / 18:55 BST - Nintendo 3DS Action/Adventure/RPG Debut Gameplay
12:45 PM PT / 3:45 PM ET / 20:45 BST - Monster Hunter Generations Demonstration
3:50 PM PT / 6:50PM ET / 23:50 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration

*Additional times to be added

Added some ET/BST times for peeps (BST = UK)

Added some ET/BST times for peeps (BST = UK)

Thanks! Was hoping for something more like this though:

10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 18:00 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration
10:30 AM PT / 1:30 PM ET / 18:30 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration
10:55 AM PT / 1:55 PM ET / 18:55 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration
12:45 PM PT / 3:45 PM ET / 20:45 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration
3:50 PM PT / 6:50PM ET / 23:50 BST - Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demonstration

Come on, Nintendo.

Peltz

It's games like Breath of the Wild that make me love this medium. No one revitalizes my passion for this hobby like Nintendo does.

10:55 AM PT / 1:55 PM ET / 18:55 BST - Nintendo 3DS Action/Adventure/RPG Debut Gameplay

Does anybody know if this is the same game as the new 3DS IP RPG?

Andyliini

Yesterday was wonderful, I loved every bit of Zelda we got.
But I'm hyped for today's stream too, as we get info and gameplay on more games. I'm most hyped for Dragon Quest VII and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, but I'll take anything. Especially if they have some surprise eShop-releases during the breaks.

I doubt the final game will be like this. They already had the map on the gamepad in a previous demo, they're probably withholding gamepad features for some reason.

I read somewhere (I think GN but I can't access the site at work) that they decided to remove the map from the gamepad and add a minimap on the screen. They think it's better like this.

E-phonk

Banned
What's up with the various decade old menu interface? Everything is done by pushing +, pausing the game and navigating the menu with the Dpad and Right Thumbstick.
It's because on NX they'll use the scrollable triggers for this ;)

I read somewhere (I think GN but I can't access the site at work) that they decided to remove the map from the gamepad and add a minimap on the screen. They think it's better like this.

Yeah, read the same.

Ysarus

That was Kotaku, here it is. I wish they hadn't done that, sounds like they're just trying their hardest not to give the slightest advantage to the Wii U version over the NX one.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So I played a bit of the demo today (just barely), and I don't know if it might have been the kind of T.V.'s they were using, but there was definitely quite a bit of choppiness that I noticed. Nothing as bad as the shitty youtube stream of course, but still rather noticeable. It's certainly not as smooth looking as either Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and probably Skyward Sword as well.

And when the hell did Zelda controls get so damn complicated? They have a new bomb throwing scheme where you select the bomb with L and then if you want to throw it you hit R. What ever happened to the context sensitive buttons from OoT onward? :mad:

After getting a good look at the Bokoblin art, and listening to their grunts and squeels all day during Tree House, I'm almost convinced Ganon will be that giant menacing pig brute we see in all those retro artworks. At least that's what I'm hoping, a complete final Voss throwback and while we're at it maybe some of those old bosses will return too.
I'd love that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah. It sounded like Gamexplain already played it. I can't wait to see it!

This is calling it adventure too. Not sure if it will be a Monolith Soft game after all.

Where is it said that Gamexplain already played it?

The Boat

Hmm hope this isn't the case, that would be a step back from WW and TP HD. He doesn't outright say there won't be a map on the gamepad and well all know how these things go with mistranslations and all the changes until the game goes gold. Ignoring the gamepad after all this time would be absurd, the game would benefit a lot from the second screen.

Shinigami

Save for the above important omisions, is great to see the Zelda team finally adopting more modern open world conventions and features seen in other games thaught, about time.

Possibly to make it compatible/similar with the NX version? Maybe? Who knows.

It's because on NX they'll use the scrollable triggers for this ;)
If the NX has Shoulder Wheels or Capacitive triggers... great. But those are NX features.

Why the game is regressing on Wii U features when even the 2 previous Zelda Remasters are showing better Gampead integration so far?

i can't get over why they didn't bring the map features of the DS games. Hughe oversight there.

So I played a bit of the demo today (just barely), and I don't know if it might have been the kind of T.V.'s they were using, but there was definitely quite a bit of choppiness that I noticed. Nothing as bad as the shitty youtube stream of course, but still rather noticeable. It's certainly not as smooth looking as either Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and probably Skyward Sword as well.

And when the hell did Zelda controls get so damn complicated? They have a new bomb throwing scheme where you select the bomb with L and then if you want to throw it you hit R. What ever happened to the context sensitive buttons from OoT onward? :mad:
i haven't been paying much attention to the controls.

i think The bombs are not an item, they are a Rune. The interface is deviced so Runes and Items are sepparated in different groups. Since throwing other objects is also mapped to R, it was more consistent to have bombs work the same. Instead, when the bomb is out, L is used to remotely detonate it. i don't know how i feel about giving so much control over bombs, i think it would have been cooler if remote detonation worked like in the old games by shooting and arrow to it since it envolves more skill and planning from the player.

Where is it said that Gamexplain already played it?
Watch their Discussion video for Zelda/Pokemon. Andre mentions towards the beginning how the had a appointments and they played a game they aren't allowed to talk about until tomorrow (which is today). Sounds like he played a game Nintendo hasn't announced yet and makes me think it's the 3DS game.

Jobbs

Banned
:: sees thread title and OP ::

:: looks up last thread ::

sigh...

anyway.. I think they said more Zelda today. I sure hope so.

I'm watching Nintendo Voice Chat post show of Zelda and Jose gave a spoiler away because they were asked about the Shrine of Resurrection and what it could mean for Link.

He said during the game there were resurrection towers and and he feels like you'll be resurrecting Hyrule. I think that makes sense. I feel like you'll bring the world back to life.

Red

I'm watching Nintendo Voice Chat post show of Zelda and Jose gave a spoiler away because they were asked about the Shrine of Resurrection and what it could mean for Link.

He said during the game there were resurrection towers and and he feels like you'll be resurrecting Hyrule. I think that makes sense. I feel like you'll bring the world back to life.
Zelda > Okami > Zelda?

ASIS

Would have been better with a wiimote+ nunchuck but I digress >_>

so the world might change depending on the number of shrines completed?

Top Bottom