• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EVH said:
Doubt it.

That could still be the E3 demo. If its actually titled the 'Naked Sample' then it is, for sure, the E3 demo.

EatChildren said:
That could still be the E3 demo. If its actually titled the 'Naked Sample' then it is, for sure, the E3 demo.

Yup. Although I've seen it played in front of me, I doubt they're gonna let people go hands-on without supervision.

XPE

Vinterbird said:
Yup. Although I've seen it played in front of me, I doubt they're gonna let people go hands-on without supervision.

It take it by playable you some one moving the character about, not just the camera like at the E3 demo ?

XPE said:
It take it by playable you some one moving the character about, not just the camera like at the E3 demo ?

Yup. The auto-run/Naked Sample thing is the demo everyone played at E3/events and so on (which is really awesome and shows what the 3DS can do, espcially with the 3D). But by playable I mean actual gameplay.

XPE

Vinterbird said:
Yup. The auto-run/Naked Sample thing is the demo everyone played at E3/events and so on (which is really awesome and shows what the 3DS can do, espcially with the 3D). But by playable I mean actual gameplay.

Nice to know its comming along.

Hulk_throws_bear.gif

I'M READY

Rush2thestart said:
This will be something totally different from the Jan 19th conferences right?
Yeah, those are press conferences to reveal the 3DS launch info for the US and Europe, this isn't a press conference at all, just a place the public can go to play 3DS games.

EVH

Vinterbird said:

Does the playable demo look as good as the auto-run?

Gameboy415

Dayum, wish I was still in Japan so I could go.

I went to the event in 2006 to preview the Wii and it was awesome.
I got to play Super Mario Galaxy before the Wii was even released!

I also recall the demo attendant telling me "You are very skill gamer!" because I figured out all the controls before he could explain them and beat the (lava Octopus) boss. :lol

Nuclear Muffin said:
Edit: There's some new info on parental controls too!

Isn't "parental controls" just Nintendo's code phrase for "anti-homebrew updates"?

I'm kinda hyped about the augmented reality stuff. Kid Icarus might be a fun Space Harrier style game, and I really liked Pilotwings back in the day, though it was mostly for the fun skydive bubble bouncing. I want to get a 3DS, but I feel like the 3D screen should be larger (not wider -- I like the dimensions as they are and actually have wanted this dual aspect ratio since something like 2006), so I'm not Day 1. If the kiosks at my local toy/game stores convince me those screens are big enough for the effect to be awesome, maybe I'll be Day 8 like I was with the Wii. :)

(or maybe I'll be smart and pump another $300 into my mortgage principle)

All this shit is getting confusing, so is the conference thing on January 19th still going to be the one where they reveal details like price and all that?

wwm0nkey

-Pyromaniac- said:
All this shit is getting confusing, so is the conference thing on January 19th still going to be the one where they reveal details like price and all that?
Yes, this event will contain no first party news, just a chance to sit down and play the games

andymcc said:
I wonder if that new Xevious game is from the Pac-Man CE team...

Xevious 3DS was shown at E3. It's a direct port of the original arcade game with 3D stereoscopic visuals.

It's part of Nintendo's "Classics 3D" downloadable range. It's separate from the Virtual Console (since they're ports and not emulations) and will be priced higher than their VC counterparts. They'll probably have various gameplay tweaks in the way that traditional ports do (like the Mario Advance games) so don't expect them to play exactly the same as the original versions.

-Pyromaniac- said:

There is a separate Europe and US event later in the month, that will focus on stuff relevant to people outside of Japan.

Platy

How can anyone be dissapointed with a lineup that includes street fighter, metal gear, ocarina of time and resident evil (all in 3D !!!!) is beyond my understandings

$200 said:
but Minish Cap was horrible.

I only don't call you names because your avatar is too cute =3

But ... it is the lovechild of link to the past and wind waker and it is made by CAPCOM !

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nuclear Muffin said:
Xevious 3DS was shown at E3. It's a direct port of the original arcade game with 3D stereoscopic visuals.

It's part of Nintendo's "Classics 3D" downloadable range. It's separate from the Virtual Console (since they're ports and not emulations) and will be priced higher than their VC counterparts. They'll probably have various gameplay tweaks in the way that traditional ports do (like the Mario Advance games) so don't expect them to play exactly the same as the original versions.
Though they never announced that they will be priced higher, but yeah those aren't just rom dumps like on virtual console...

XPE

AceBandage said:
First trailer for ToA 3DS.
Hopefully it gets a western release...

Given that it has already been translated for the ps2 release it propbly has a better chance than any other tales game.

So this is just a demo not a press conference.

$200

Banned
Platy said:
But ... it is the lovechild of link to the past and wind waker and it is made by CAPCOM !
Well the story is meh and so are the dungeons (yellow chu as boss really?). Better than Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks maybe. Compared to Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages? No

$200 said:
Well the story is meh and so are the dungeons (yellow chu as boss really?). Better than Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks maybe. Compared to Link's Awakening and Oracle of Ages? No

not even that. Dungeons in ST are some of the best in the serie., MC were....let's just say too easy

jeremy1456

XPE said:
Given that it has already been translated for the ps2 release it propbly has a better chance than any other tales game.

The same could have been said for Tales of Eternia on PSP, Tales of Phantasia PSP, Tales of Symphonia PS2 etc.

Basically there's not a better chance of this one coming out here than any other Tales game.

Man, I want to see real gameplay of MGS3D, Kojima. What could be taking so long with a port that we've been seeing the same tech demo video for the last six months?

Top Bottom