• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

EvilMario said:
q4e0A.jpg
So for like the first minute, I was all "THE 3DS IS FUCKING HUGE, GODDAMN"

then after a while I realize the 3DS was not at the bottom and it was, in fact, the second one down

and I went ":O"

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant wait to take pictures of my penis with the 3D camera.

vectorman06 said:
When does it start in pst?
3 hours before EST...

Keep in mind folks that Nintendo may not allow people to video the games running, same as E3. Your shakey-cams may end up being stealth-shakey-cams, which are far fewer in number and generally even harder to see.

Neiteio

Do any Western news outlets have reporters going to Nintendo World to take impressions/capture media and bring it back to us? Or are they just going to let this opportunity blow by?

Neiteio said:
Do any Western news outlets have reporters going to Nintendo World to take impressions/capture media and bring it back to us? Or are they just going to let this opportunity blow by?

I know some of the Vooks staff is already there. Not sure who else.

bigswords

DONT tempt me ! Damn it , even the launch of this console has more games than the PS3! :lol

There's going to be a uber revision where I regret buying this so early yea?

antonz

bigswords said:
DONT tempt me ! Damn it , even the launch of this console has more games than the PS3! :lol

There's going to be a uber revision where I regret buying this so early yea?
year and a half at the earliest for a revision id think and in that case for like 65-70 bucks+ unit you could trade in launch unit for new revision model

Hard to say what kind of revision would need to be done. I mean, in the case of the DS to DSLite, the Lite screen got replaced with a super bright one that was also cheaper to manufacture. DSLite to DSi was to try and battle pirates and prolong the DS's life, and experiment with handheld digital downloads. DSiXL was an attempt to make older gamers happier.

They could make a 3DS XL, but that wouldn't be an "uber revision", just something some folks would want over the default system. The only thing I could think of would be if a 3D screen tech came out that was quite a bit better than what it's shipping with, without changing resolution or anything.

Hieberrr

Man.. I don;t know about the other regions, but the current (confirmed) launch titles for North America suck asssssssssssssssssssssss!

Dreamwriter said:
Hard to say what kind of revision would need to be done. I mean, in the case of the DS to DSLite, the Lite screen got replaced with a super bright one that was also cheaper to manufacture. DSLite to DSi was to try and battle pirates and prolong the DS's life, and experiment with handheld digital downloads. DSiXL was an attempt to make older gamers happier.

They could make a 3DS XL, but that wouldn't be an "uber revision", just something some folks would want over the default system. The only thing I could think of would be if a 3D screen tech came out that was quite a bit better than what it's shipping with, without changing resolution or anything.
Yeah. While a revision of some kind is inevitable in the long-run, people are forgetting that the GBA and the DS had some pretty huge and easily fixable design flaws from the get-go. The GBA had an unprotected, easily scratchable screen with no lighting and relied on AA batteries, and the DS was a thick, unwieldy, unevenly shaped brick with poorly lit screens that was embarrassing when placed next to the slimmer, larger-screened, and more powerful PSP.

Unless they can drastically reduce size or improve the screens or add some other new gimmick, there would be no reason to release a 3DS revision as quickly as they did for the DS.

Of course, that means people will get impatient, finally buy a 3DS after waiting for the revision, then get angry at Nintendo for personally insulting them when the revision rumors hit the internet the next week.

EmCeeGramr said:
Yeah. While a revision of some kind is inevitable in the long-run, people are forgetting that the GBA and the DS had some pretty huge and easily fixable design flaws from the get-go. The GBA had an unprotected, easily scratchable screen with no lighting and relied on AA batteries, and the DS was a thick, unwieldy, unevenly shaped brick with poorly lit screens that was embarrassing when placed next to the slimmer, larger-screened, and more powerful PSP.

Unless they can drastically reduce size or improve the screens or add some other new gimmick, there would be no reason to release a 3DS revision as quickly as they did for the DS.

Of course, that means people will get impatient, finally buy a 3DS after waiting for the revision, then get angry at Nintendo for personally insulting them when the revision rumors hit the internet the next week.

I agree completely. I think that much of GAF is exaggerating the likelihood of a significant redesign less than two years after launch; if there is a 3DS [insert additional word/character here], I suspect it'll be more like DSi in that it'll actually add new hardware functionality, and will ship in 2014 or 2015 rather than 2012 or early 2013.

DarkWish

Dreamwriter said:
3 hours before EST...
Wait, am I calculating things wrong or what? As far as I know, the stage demonstrations begin at 11:00 am in Japan, which is 9 pm EST. I don't know why people are saying 8 pm, unless they're talking about something else.

DarkWish said:
Wait, am I calculating things wrong or what? As far as I know, the stage demonstrations begin at 11:00 am in Japan, which is 9 pm EST. I don't know why people are saying 8 pm, unless they're talking about something else.

The stage events begin at 11AM. The show doors, however, open at 10AM, meaning that that's when attendees will have access to all the playable demos and trailers that are on the show floor.

DarkWish

Father_Brain said:
The stage events begin at 11AM. The show doors, however, open at 10AM, meaning that that's when attendees will have access to all the playable demos and trailers that are on the show floor.
Oh okay, I understand now. Thanks!

Neiteio

Someone really ought to make a hype thread for this event...

The thing I'm most curious about is whether the MGS stage show will give us a deeper look at MGS3. I want to see actual gameplay, in actual levels with actual scenarios. I want to see Kojima playing the game in real-time and walking the audience through parts of it.

Think it will happen? Surely it must be something more than just the auto demo that will apparently be on the showfloor.

Boney

Banned
Hieberrr said:
Man.. I don;t know about the other regions, but the current (confirmed) launch titles for North America suck asssssssssssssssssssssss!
Yeah. Not even one game available for purchase. What the hell Nintendo!!

Hieberrr

Boney said:

LOL

A simple google yielded this:

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS – Nintendo
2. Nintendogs + Cats – Nintendo
3. Pilotwings Resort – Nintendo
4. Pro Baseball Spirits – Konami
5. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle – Level 5
6. Ridge Racer 3D – Namco Bandai
7. Samurai Warriors Chronicle – Tecmo Koei
8. Steel Diver – Nintendo
9. Super Monkey Ball – Sega
10. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition – Capcom

I'm not too interested in any of those :S Mayyybee SF4? But I was kind of hoping for something less pick-up-and-play.

Neiteio

Hieberrr said:
I'm not too interested in any of those :S Mayyybee SF4? But I was kind of hoping for something less pick-up-and-play.
Your avatar suggests you should be happily occupied with Pokemon Black and White versions around that time -- no 3DS needed! By the time you fully exhaust those games there should be something more substantial out, like Resident Evil Revelations. :)

Boney said:

I believe Super Monkey Ball 3D, DOA: Dimensions, Samurai Warriors, Madden, and Gardens (formerly My Garden) have all been confirmed for the US launch by their respective publishers.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There's no confirmed list of launch titles, and I doubt the list will even be the large. We might see a few more titles bring up at NoA's event on the 19th. But I have a feeling most of those titles 3rd parties will be showing will be into the summer/fall.

Boney

Banned
Father_Brain said:
I believe Super Monkey Ball 3D, DOA: Dimensions, Samurai Warriors, Madden, and Gardens (formerly My Garden) have all been confirmed for the US launch by their respective publishers.
With no real launch date, it cannot really be confirmed even if they are tracking for it and are 99% certain.

I say.

Still think going from the excellent gloss top/matte bottom combo of current DS Lites, to completely gloss again was a stupid, Stupid, STOOOPID design choice.

Hieberrr said:
Yeah, like others have said, there is no confirmed list of launch titles in any region, not even Japan. There are a few games where the developers have stated they will be launch titles (the list Father Brain gave), but that's it.

rj118

civilstrife said:
But isnt that the least likely place it will get in the way?

Yeah, I think the new position is perfect. My headphone cord stuck too far out from the DS lite and made playing games that needed the ABXY buttons a lot more cumbersome.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Neiteio said:

Yeah me and my brother are here as is the other local Nintendo site guys.

Will have stuff (impressions, video, pictures) on my site late tomorrow Japan time, but will be posting impressions and pictures during the day on my Twitter.

Andriasang is going too, I dunno if I can who though >_>

Honestly I don't think a lost of western media is going because, 1. Privilege, it's a public event so they won't stoop themselves to that 'level'. Waiting in line etc. 2. The 19th is the big media update day for NA and Europe, so they're... yeah lazy.

_Alkaline_ said:
I'm one of those crazy people who thinks the 3DS looks fine.
Me too. I'm actually surprised it's rather small and not thick at all. Since I still play my launch phat unit it will be a nice change for me :D .

Top Bottom