• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

Pyrokai

MidnightScott said:
Alright I've updated the OP with the new information revealed. :)

Nice! Did you just add the info about the included 2GB SD card that comes with the system? That's pretty awesome! How much internal memory does it have, again?

mutsu

I like what Nintendo is doing here, only launching 1 first party title at launch to give 3rd parties a chance. Really solid launch lineup. Job well done.

dacuk

MidnightScott, is this part of the OP alright?

Features

* 3D Depth Slider allows you to adjust the amount of 3D effect on a game
* 3 Cameras
* Augmented Reality using the 3DS cameras
* Backwards compatibility for DS & DSiWare
* Virtual Console with GB/GBC and 3DSWare
* SpotPass service seeks out WiFi connections and downloads content in Sleep Mode or during Gameplay
* StreetPass service seeks out other Nintendo 3DS systems and exchanges content with them (ex. Similar to Dragon Quest 9's service)
* 3D Film playback deals with Warner Bros., Disney, and Dreamworks
* Mii Creator lets you take a photo of yourself or someone else and create a Mii. You can also import them from Wii, and by capturing special QR Codes to import Mii's directly.
* 2.4Ghz Processor
* WPA2 802.11b/g wireless (30 m range)
* Cartridge size up to 2 GB
* We are waiting to find out if it is region free, which it will more than likely be region restricted since DSi/XL are restricted.

Kenka

daCuk said:
MidnightScott, is this part of the OP alright?

Features

* 3D Depth Slider allows you to adjust the amount of 3D effect on a game
* 3 Cameras
* Augmented Reality using the 3DS cameras
* Backwards compatibility for DS & DSiWare
* Virtual Console with GB/GBC and 3DSWare
* SpotPass service seeks out WiFi connections and downloads content in Sleep Mode or during Gameplay
* StreetPass service seeks out other Nintendo 3DS systems and exchanges content with them (ex. Similar to Dragon Quest 9's service)
* 3D Film playback deals with Warner Bros., Disney, and Dreamworks
* Mii Creator lets you take a photo of yourself or someone else and create a Mii. You can also import them from Wii, and by capturing special QR Codes to import Mii's directly.
* 2.4Ghz Processor
* WPA2 802.11b/g wireless (30 m range)
* Cartridge size up to 2 GB
* We are waiting to find out if it is region free, which it will more than likely be region restricted since DSi/XL are restricted.

ha ha ha, let's better ask jackson about it. but it's probably more around 0.4 Ghz :lol

FoneBone

AceBandage said:
Also, the card size should read up to 8GB.
2 is just for games right now.
I don't think Nintendo's actually confirmed that cards will (eventually) go larger than 2GB, though they obviously will.

Wizpig

Achievements are nice because they offer some weird challenges etc.
I play a game a lot more if it has fun achievements that i wouldn't have thought of myself.

So it would be cool, but it's not like i care that much.
Still, "achievement haters" are the same as "achievement whores" imho.

Soo, KID ICARUS QUESTION TIME!

You control Pit with the analog, my left hand is there, so to aim i need to grab the stylus with my right hand.
Too bad i'm a lefty.
What do i do, Nintendo?

(Seriously though, it's frustrating having to use the stylus with my right hand...)

Poyunch

Wizpig said:

You control Pit with the analog, my left hand is there, so to aim i need to grab the stylus with my right hand.
Too bad i'm a lefty.
What do i do, Nintendo?

(Seriously though, it's frustrating having to use the stylus with my right hand...)
Dab3k.gif

I wonder if the next generation will have two thumbsticks. I guess I shouldn't think about this because the 3DS isn't even out yet. :lol

Wizpig

I can't deal with it, i honestly wasn't able to play the bonus mode of Castlevania PoR on the DS because of this.

Left hand = Dpad
Right hand = Stylus (touch screen attacks)

And you couldn't use ABXY.

wsippel

Banned
Wizpig said:
Achievements are nice because they offer some weird challenges etc.
I play a game a lot more if it has fun achievements that i wouldn't have thought of myself.

So it would be cool, but it's not like i care that much.
Still, "achievement haters" are the same as "achievement whores" imho.

Too bad i'm a lefty.
What do i do, Nintendo?

Are you able to play dual analog shooters? Then... use a thumb strap?

Wizpig

Stumpokapow said:
1995?

try 1985
Are those real pics? D: did they put achievements on a NES emulator?
comedy bomb said:
This thing is turning out to be a fairly large disappointment IMO.
What exactly, a console that isn't even out?

@wsippel: Different thing actually, dual analog shooters are easier to control for a lefty.
I never wrote anything with my right hand, it just feels wrong to have a stylus in that hand, and i'm not as precise with that hand as i am with the left one.

I guess you can try playing a DS game with your left hand if you usually use your right one... it's not easy.

wsippel

Banned
Wizpig said:
Different thing actually, dual analog shooters are easier to control for a lefty.
I never wrote anything with my right hand, it just feels wrong to have a stylus in that hand, and i'm not as precise with that hand as i am with the left one.

I guess you can try playing a DS game with your left hand if you usually use your right one... it's not easy.
I'm right handed, and I can't write for shit using my left hand, but I can use a trackpad just as well with both hands. And you don't have to write anything on the touchscreen after all.

Wizpig

:D :D That is awesome, great job.

@wsippel: it's the "gesture" of holding the stylus that's troubling.
i will try again, but...

Wizpig

wsippel said:
Then don't use a stylus. That was my point. Try a thumb strap:

nintendo-ds-feature-a-day-2-20041110005746805-000.jpg
Ah, ok :D

Sure, i have the one that was included in the DS phat, but do they even sell these as of today, in case i wanted a newer one?

Would be nice if they included one in the 3DS.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is that emulator/system available for the public, Stumpokapow? I remember reading about it and I thought it was amazing.

Linkup

The launch lineup is much smaller than I previously thought and loaded with more ports too. Actually, everything seems like a port in some fashion. I also think that's partly why the 3D stuff in the launch games isn't done as well as the stuff coming months later. Not 100% sure that's the case, but that's how it looks to me.

Regardless, not to many launch games when it really seems like more should be available. I have a tiny bit of hope the US launch will be better.

Linkup said:
The launch lineup is much smaller than I previously thought and loaded with more ports too. Actually, everything seems like a port in some fashion. I also think that's partly why the 3D stuff in the launch games isn't done as well as the stuff coming months later. Not 100% sure that's the case, but that's how it looks to me.

Regardless, not to many launch games when it really seems like more should be available. I have a tiny bit of hope the US launch will be better.
The Japanese launch lineup (the only lineup we know until the 19th) is not the US launch lineup is not the EU launch lineup. Having said that, most of those games aren't ports but are sequels. And where did you get the idea that the 3D stuff in the launch games isn't done as well? All reports are, for example, that Street Fighter IV's 3D effects are amazing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
bernardobri said:
Is that emulator/system available for the public, Stumpokapow? I remember reading about it and I thought it was amazing.

Not yet. I've written about it here a few times. I'm not satisfied with the number of games available yet or the front-end. I'll post a thread here when it's ready for a more open beta. Thanks for the interest.

wsippel

Banned
Linkup said:

"Launch" isn't just day one. It simply makes no sense to release too many games on a single day, especially titles sharing a similar target audience.

mutsu

Very solid launch lineup IMHO. It is a job well done to Nintendo to keeping themselves very low profile on launch by just having 1 first party game.

To me, having Street Fighter as a launch title is also significant. It is the first time ever that a Street Fighter game has launched with any system in Japan? Same is also true for Winning Eleven.

As for me though, I will be getting Professor Layton and Ridge Racer 3D. Might also consider Street Fighter.

There are still plenty of title with the launch timeframe of "Spring 2011", which means there will still be a lot of good games within the first 2-3 months of launch. I am more than happy with the lineup.

From the JP launch titles, all I would want is Layton. Maybe Street Fighter just to showcase the system. Not the best launch but certainly not the worst.

mutsu

Daigasso! Band Brothers (Nintendo)
Chokkan Hitofude (Polarium) (Nintendo)
Cool104 Joker & Setline (Aruze)
Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru (literally "I Would Die for You"; aka Feel the Magic: XY/XX aka "Project Rub") (Sega)
Kensyūi "Dokuta Tendo" (Spike)
Mahjong Taikai (Koei)
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)
Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo)
Zoo Keeper (Success)

That was the launch lineup for Nintendo DS in Japan.

I would take the Nintendo 3DS lineup anyday.

Reply to Wizpig:

I have the same concerns as you as a lefty but I think the controls are not as bad as it seems. here is a good video of the control setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDUBw8adXk

the stylus seems to be used only for targeting but not for the actual attacks. It looks like the L button is used for that. My precision with the right hand is horrible but as long as I don't actually have to lift the stylus it should be ok (I hope).

I wish Nintendo would just do away with the stinkin stylus and have two analog sticks .

mutsu said:
Daigasso! Band Brothers (Nintendo)
Chokkan Hitofude (Polarium) (Nintendo)
Cool104 Joker & Setline (Aruze)
Kimi no Tame Nara Shineru (literally "I Would Die for You"; aka Feel the Magic: XY/XX aka "Project Rub") (Sega)
Kensyūi "Dokuta Tendo" (Spike)
Mahjong Taikai (Koei)
Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (Namco)
Pokémon Dash (Nintendo)
Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
The Urbz: Sims in the City (Electronic Arts)
WarioWare: Touched! (Nintendo)
Zoo Keeper (Success)

That was the launch lineup for Nintendo DS in Japan.

I would take the Nintendo 3DS lineup anyday.
That one is STILL one of the best DS games in its entire lineup (damn shame it never hit the US). I'm sure hoping one of these launch titles is half as good as Band Brothers.

Keyouta

Kind of has already been said, but also note that the games that include online don't have a 'Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' put anywhere on the front of the box.

Keyouta said:
Kind of has already been said, but also note that the games that include online don't have a 'Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' put anywhere on the front of the box.

Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe they are holding off on revealing the online until just before release?

Top Bottom