• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's 3DS 2011 Lineup (with 3rd parties too)

ivysaur12 said:
I really didn't think Kid Icarus looked bad at all? Yeah, a little cheesy, but I'm not buying it for its intricate post-modern interpretation of middle-class ennui. It looks fun.
fjp26p.jpg

Poyunch

Kuran said:
And my final comment on this is that I would prefer a PSP2 title, so this series can finally lose some of its last-gen limitations and get some real improvements in it. (Losing the zones AND increasing the graphical fidelity seems too far-fetched for 3DS at this point)
Why would you want to lose the zones? I know it would make game feel more realistic but shaking off monsters and even looking for them would be lost. Then there would also be the AI behavior and ecology to worry about.

The game would have to be redesigned heavily. The series is on a PC there's nothing keeping the game from changing. There's just really no reason to.

I always wondered why journalists never do direct feed audio from DS/PSP demo units. It's so nice that NWR did it for most games.

I'm hoping that OoT's (and Starfox 64's to a lesser extent) music is of higher quality on the 3DS than on the N64.

Steel Diver for some reason seems really cool with the audio.

Josh7289 said:
Anyway, the presentation of this game is so incredible. The art and graphics and 2D/menu design, the music, the fast pace and action, the chatting. Everything is just so energetic. I love Sakurai's style.
Yaay, someone else who can see Sakurai's awesome style!

I remember playing Meteos one day, and just by being in the menu, I thought "Wow, this seems like something Sakurai would make" and it turns out he did make it.

Kuran

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Why would you want to lose the zones? I know it would make game feel more realistic but shaking off monsters and even looking for them would be lost. Then there would also be the AI behavior and ecology to worry about.

The game would have to be redesigned heavily. The series is on a PC there's nothing keeping the game from changing. There's just really no reason to.

What do you mean shaking off monsters would be lost? Monsters chase you from zone to zone now, too. It would just be a bit more dramatic. Like zombies in Resident Evil being able to open doors.

The game could use a redesign! I love the formula but I want to see them take it to the next level.

If the graphics are taken up a notch, it would be great to see the textures become so good that camouflage would actually work... so some monsters could hide in the scenery, or stalk you. I also want to see the level design become more vertical-friendly, and give gunners more range to look up and down. Right now that's pretty limited on PSP MH. (I can't really shoot at a monster that escapes the zone by flying.)

I think the lack of zones could also offer way more strategy. Gunners could actually become spotters, seek higher ground and shoot paint balls at monsters that are way across the other side of the map. Of course the level design won't be so you can see everywhere, there will be mountains/tall-trees and inaccessible geometry providing structure and balance.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Why would you do that? said:
I always wondered why journalists never do direct feed audio from DS/PSP demo units. It's so nice that NWR did it for most games.

We would have at Nintendo World, but weren't allowed.

Someone apparently inserted an Acekard into one of the Demo 3DS units at the NYC conference and it worked. Can anyone confirm this? It's been circulating 3DS fan forums.

Instro

CrazedProfessional said:
Someone apparently inserted an Acekard into one of the Demo 3DS units at the NYC conference and it worked. Can anyone confirm this? It's been circulating 3DS fan forums.

Im pretty sure all the 3DS units at the event had a specific game locked into it, so I dont see how someone would have managed to put a flashcard into the device.

Boney

Banned
JoeFenix said:
Am I the only one who LOVES this corny Starfox 64'ish dialogue?

That kind of stuff is memorable and adds personality to the game, I'm glad it doesn't take itself seriously!
Yeah I love it, game looks ace.

Also, for shooting, you only need to aim in the direction of the enemy, shots will auto track the target, on the ground.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I know it's been said already, but $50 for a handheld game is ludicrous. I fully expect DOA to hit $30-$40 within a month of release, if not sooner.

Amir0x

Banned
Captain N said:
Any information or images from pet Zombies in 3D? Gamestop.com has the game listed.

Basically a virtual pet but instead of pets you have zombies. Zombies are so totally in right now.

No images of it yet, but it's published by Majesco, developed by 1st Playable Productions', you play mini-games to buy more cute zombie accessories and dumb shit like that.

Captain N

Amir0x said:
Basically a virtual pet but instead of pets you have zombies. Zombies are so totally in right now.

No images of it yet, but it's published by Majesco, developed by 1st Playable Productions', you play mini-games to buy more cute zombie accessories and dumb shit like that.

so we're getting this instead of A Boy & His Blob?

antonz

CrazedProfessional said:

That image was posted on here and it was photoshopped more times than a Victoria Secret Model.

Wizpig

boomerisgod said:
Not sure if it was already announced but Resident Evil Mercenaries won't be released until the Summer according to this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uS8Ad7zIlls
This is quite bad, what about Pilotwings in Europe? if that, too, doesn't come out day-one... what do we have, Nintendogs and ANOTHER REMAKE of Rayman 2?

Damn it Ubisoft, Rayman 2 also came out for the original DS! worse then Activision...

I have to say that I'm quite exited for the 3DS for its technology but, in terms of the games announced.... meh. Paper Mario and Resident evil are the only things I am looking forward to (maybe Pilotwings, although I've never played any game in the series before).

Kid Icarus makes no sense to me as a shooter. They should've just hire Treasure to make a Sin and Punishment game or something like that instead.

Wizpig

drohne said:
why go back two decades for a game to revive if you're going to disregard its blueprint altogether? anyway, just having some fun at the expense of this game's sonicesque tackiness -- might even play decently for all i know
Heh.
A perfect reason to make it new.

Please stop this "they made a SEQUEL, i LOVED that game, they should have made the sequel just like i imagined it!!" line of reasoning.

This post was quite funny, especially the Sakamoto part since that's 100% true, but other than that you are sounding a little too hater-ish towards this new Kid Icarus game, and i'm sure not even you think the game is looking so bad.

To me, it's looking freakin' awesome, but the controls... the controls... the stylus with the right hand... i'm a lefty... etc. :(

Takao

Banned
Would someone who know's Japanese be able to tell me what this:

「ほるまがメダロット作ればいいんじゃね?」って!

ゲームのなのかアニメのなのか漫画のなのか、ほるまのなのか藤岡先生のなのか、によって申請先も違うんだよね。

審査に…落ちたら面白いね…

means?

It's from the Japanese Medabots blog, and Google translator tells me something about a "Medabots Horu" and a new anime series? I can't be certain, so I'd like clarification.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
MidnightScott said:
I have decided to make a thread about the 3DS in 2011 [..] I have always enjoyed maintaining lists about stuff so I figured why not. (One of the mods should just make this the official thread if possible.

Yeah, the OP is so useful already that you shouldn't bother adding games or, god forbids, when the machine releases and what for

MidnightScott
Last activity: today
Last OP update: January 8

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwhntDyPQxA

In the NA line-up vid, it shows that Ubisoft's bringing over Cubic Ninja and Animal Resort. And Majesco is bringing over Fish On.

Takao said:
Would someone who know's Japanese be able to tell me what this:

「ほるまがメダロット作ればいいんじゃね?」って!

ゲームのなのかアニメのなのか漫画のなのか、ほるまのなのか藤岡先生のなのか、によって申請先も違うんだよね。

審査に…落ちたら面白いね…

means?

It's from the Japanese Medabots blog, and Google translator tells me something about a "Medabots Horu" and a new anime series? I can't be certain, so I'd like clarification.

If true...

SHIT!!! :D

Get Nalvana on the dub and get Joseph Motiki back as Metabee!

Amalthea

Banned
Wizpig said:
To me, it's looking freakin' awesome, but the controls... the controls... the stylus with the right hand... i'm a lefty... etc. :(

You'll get used to it... after hours of playing with cramped hands, you will learn to enjoy the pain before it fades.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wizpig said:
This is quite bad, what about Pilotwings in Europe? if that, too, doesn't come out day-one... what do we have, Nintendogs and ANOTHER REMAKE of Rayman 2?

Damn it Ubisoft, Rayman 2 also came out for the original DS! worse then Activision...

I'm totally investing in a thumb stylus (or grabbing another Nintendo thumb strap)

You should be able to be proficient with that, even as a lefty.

Something like the Thylus. Not sure if they still make it anymore, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uDfIj_qvE

Link1110

The Kid Icarus demo looks awesome. I was wondering why they don't make games like Space Harrier any more, then I see that Nintendo made a clone of it. I'm definitely getting that.

Dash Kappei said:
Yeah, the OP is so useful already that you shouldn't bother adding games or, god forbids, when the machine releases and what for

MidnightScott
Last activity: today
Last OP update: January 8

:p

I started a blog and am updating it with game profiles. There are lots of 3DS threads on this forum, so it's kind of pointless. :3

Poyunch

Kuran said:
What do you mean shaking off monsters would be lost? Monsters chase you from zone to zone now, too. It would just be a bit more dramatic. Like zombies in Resident Evil being able to open doors.
Is this something added in the latest portable Monster Hunter because no monster in Tri ever zoned out and followed you if you ran away to a different zone. It may eventually run into you again but it never actively chased you through the map except in each designated area.

Kard8p3

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/24/super_sfiv_3d_edition_collaboration/

Capcom staged a bunch of collaborations for Super Street Fighter IV and its predecessor. Will Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition get some promotions as well?

The answer is yes! Assistant Producer Tomoaki Ayano confirmed at the official SFIV blog last week that a collaboration of some form is on the way or the 3DS launch title.

Ayano didn't share specifics on the collaboration, but did write "What game it will be is a secret." Yes, different from the Chinese restaurant collaborations of past SFIV games, it looks like the 3D Edition collaboration concerns another game.

We'll get details on the collaboration at "a certain game's official site" on the 26th, said Ayano. He noted that this is exactly one month ahead of 3D Edition's release.

Boney

Banned
Mentioned this at it's own thread, but thought I'd post it here as well.

From Gallop himself on Ghost Recon

“You have six characters you control, each with unique abilities and equipment. You can level them up, gaining abilities and more equipment options. … The unique thing with GRSW is the level of detail in the missions and the tactical system. During missions you have various allies, and a whole variety of objectives — rescuing prisoners, blowing up bridges and trains, assassinating key villains, and so on.

The tactical system, and the way the weapons work, have a bit more of an Advance Wars feel — indirect launchers, area effect, EMP grenades, etc. There is a unique ‘support fire’ mechanic. Machine guns are best for this — they will return fire if nearby allies are attacked.

The battlefield is very detailed, with cover effects, and elevation having significant tactical effects. You need to capture ‘command flags’ to collect ‘command points’ which are spent on various powers, including calling in a massive airstrike. Each character gains power points to launch special power attacks - super shot, rapid strike, wide impact — depending on the weapon types used.

He also mentioned that there'll be no online nor StreetPass options.

Ghost Recon forever alone :(

Smiles and Cries said:
what does this mean? A guess fighter? ala DoA?
Well, in the past it means that you saw advertisements with Street Fighter characters selling Chinese food. I would assume that this news is just as boring.

Linkup

The slide pad on those videos looks pointless when you are flicking it around like that. In fact, I would say those two videos have increased my dislike of the slide pad. I was thinking since it was an improvement over the nub it would be ok, it still looks sucky. I don't know, I played some racing games on the PSP and I just felt like using the D-pad instead.

Top Bottom