• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nintendo's conference in a nutshell

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
indie85 said:
:lol
I dont think i'll ever get tired of drum guy

loldrums.gif

:lol :lol

Oh my, I think he forgot to do his hair that morning.

When watching the conference I actually muted the sound when Wii Music came on, because it was too embarrassing to handle, so it's the first time that I actually here how it sounds. Shiiiit, my wrist watch sounds better. :lol

Loudninja

Souldriver said:
When watching the conference I actually muted the sound when Wii Music came on, because it was too embarrassing to handle, so it's the first time that I actually here how it sounds. Shiiiit, my wrist watch sounds better. :lol

I did too:lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Linkzg said:
Nintendo '08 beats Sony '06, Nintendo '03 and Microsoft '07 combined.
Nah, Sony 06 is still up there. Nothing still beats the "battles based on Japanese history" -> "giant enemy crab" transition.

They should just share the top spot as 1A and 1B.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Linkzg said:

I still say Sony '06 "wins" because it has more catchphrases/memes come out of it. Giant Enemy Crab, RIDGE RACER, $599 US dollars, Attack its weak point!, etc.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
XiaNaphryz said:
Nah, Sony 06 is still up there. Nothing still beats the "battles based on Japanese history" -> "giant enemy crab" transition.

They should just share the top spot as 1A and 1B.

Sony 06 was funnier and more "OMFG".. The ridge racer, the giant enemy crab, realtime weapon change.. 599 dollars... ahh.. crazy...

Haunted

:lol

;_;

Nintendo conference, Capcom conference, Nintendo Q&A. Truly a trifecta of suck awesome we've seen this year.

dralla

Andrex said:
I still say Sony '06 "wins" because it has more catchphrases/memes come out of it. Giant Enemy Crab, RIDGE RACER, $599 US dollars, Attack its weak point!, etc.

but nothing cringe-worthy like the Wii demonstrations

Dante

This is WAY worse than Sony 06, simply based on the drummer guy, and the Caribbean crack band. :lol That's prob the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen come from one of the press conferences.

Linkzg said:
Naah, I still think the Sony 06 conference has the edge. It was like at that exact moment, at that conference that Sony lost it's leader position in the industry. It's more telling than the Nintendo 08 one, although the Nintendo one was far more embarrassing to watch. Also, the gifs and meme coming out of Sony's 06 conference are waaaaaay better than this. So here's this giant enemy crab, riiiidge racer, five hunderd and ninty nine us dollars, whoops, attack it's weak point for massive damage, the innovative sixaxis, ... Priceless. :lol

Mamesj

Banned
Awesome. Sony '06 still wins if only for the implications. the sheer number of memes that came out of it was incredible and there are even more retarded moments that didn't get meme'd. it's completely iconic of the downfall of the Playstation franchise, from wayyyyyy high in 1st place, to a guaranteed spot in 3rd.

If anything this Nintendo conference will help them print more money. Un-fucking-fortunately.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Guh... Disappointed.

I expected something on the same level of awesomeness that Sony's "E3 06 in a nutshell" video.

Seriously, there's not even one "AS A SWORD!!" in that video. Come on, this conference has so much potential :(.

Maximilian E. said:
Sony 06 was funnier and more "OMFG".. The ridge racer, the giant enemy crab, realtime weapon change.. 599 dollars... ahh.. crazy...
No, sorry buddy. Nintendo has taken Sony's crown of crappiest E3 Press Conference EVAR.

Animal Crossing being the bone they threw to "core" gamers lolololololololol

k79

Banned
That woman really talks to the audience as if they're all 6 year olds. She should be standing in front of a class with 6 year olds where that Mary Poppins crap still works. I just can't believe you talk and emote like that in front of a room packed with adults.

I felt ashamed for her silliness.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
polyh3dron said:
No, sorry buddy. Nintendo has taken Sony's crown of crappiest E3 Press Conference EVAR.

Animal Crossing being the bone they threw to "core" gamers lolololololololol

Actually, the more I see Jarosh clip, the more i begin to cringe at the whole spectacle.. maybe you are right. Some things are more embarrassing but all n all, I must say that Sonys06 has the edge.. I laughed way more.. this was more "ooo noo please stop it now"..:D

Cheebs

Both were hilariously bad but Sony 2006 has to take the cake since it's outcome led to a direct negative impact on the market place. Nintendo's won't. But oh my god that drummers face and that duke nukem trailer are the best things to come out of e3 this year. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Yeah the Sony conf in 06 was pretty funny while the wii music demonstration just HURTS to watch. Its knowing that showing this kind of stuff isnt going to dethrone them, its just going to help them sell more systems. Very painful :lol

J-Rzez

Once again, quality work sir. Someone please get this to Reggie asap. N'Gai lurks here, maybe he can talk to Reggie again like he did at that LBP showing, just have his PSP handy to show him this.

kurahadol

Awesome. :lol

I remember watching the conference and looking at the drum guy and just thinking "I seriously can't wait for gifs"

Top Bottom