• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nintendo's conference in a nutshell

Zilch

Banned
omg rite said:
Uh, the problem is that most people are smart and agree with me. Sony's conference was the start of what the industry itself calls their "downfall". Nintendo showed 3 huge games and it won't hurt them in the least bit.

No one will care about Nintendo's conference in 2 weeks.

Of course, if you don't like my opinions, you can ignore me instead of being a jackass. I know that'd be very hard though.

Yes, I know what you said about their software lineup selling well is true. But the conference was incredibly embarrassing so maybe instead of whining about the accuracy of someone's post you could just watch the video and laugh.

indie85

Banned
omg rite said:
No, sorry buddy. It hasn't. You're trying to make it worse, and while it was disappointing, it had nothing that reached the level of embarassment Sony's conference had IMO.
Fixed. Alot of your posts would be more bearable if you added that amendment.
FYI: Most people in this thread think the opposite to you.

Death_Born said:
Fixed.

1fwv2b.gif

Yes. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Zilch said:
Yes, I know what you said about their software lineup selling well is true. But the conference was incredibly embarrassing so maybe instead of whining about the accuracy of someone's post you could just watch the video and laugh.

The video is funny, but I just have a huge issue with hyperbole. It bothers me.

Haunted

omg rite said:
Uh, the problem is that most people are smart and agree with me. Sony's conference was the start of what the industry itself calls their "downfall". Nintendo showed 3 huge games and it won't hurt them in the least bit.

No one will care about Nintendo's conference in 2 weeks.

Of course, if you don't like my opinions, you can ignore me instead of being a jackass. I know that'd be very hard though.
While I do agree that nothing touches Sony 06 in terms of being a total disaster, you gotta admit that jarosh's NIntendo 08 vid is pretty fucking funny.

edit: awesome. :)

GhaleonQ

omg rite said:
No, sorry buddy. It hasn't. You're trying to make it worse, and while it was disappointing, it had nothing that reached the level of embarassment Sony's conference had.

Because Wii will continue to be huge. The three games they focuses on will sell great. If they showed 3 "hardcore" games throughout Nintendo's conference it wouldn't be looked at like it is in this thread.

l_8054317f54165343e353672d97d21226.jpg

CitizenKane.jpg

CitizenKane(1941)1.jpg

kane_rosebud_i.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Hehe, i think the video in the first post was pretty nice made, i laughed a few times hehe :) I didnt think the Nintendo conference was that bad though.

LCfiner

This video gets

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

...out of

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The selective bleeping with he Kindergarten teacher was fantastic.

oh, concerning Sony E306 E3 vs. Nintendo E308... Sony may have had better games on display, sure, but their presentation is still worse as the $599 price essentially doomed their chance of PS2 level success.

While Nintendo's showing his year was super lame for the core gamer, we all have to admit that they stuff they showed will be very successful.

If E3 06 marks the end of a market leader, I wonder if this conference will mean something for Nintendo as well. Seriously, I really think Nintendo is overdoing this kind of casual/non-game stuff.

ZeoVGM

Banned
AnimeTheme said:
If E3 06 marks the end of a market leader, I wonder if this conference will mean something for Nintendo as well. Seriously, I really think Nintendo is overdoing this kind of casual/non-game stuff.

Nope.

Not that GAF won't be using drummer-boy gif for a long time. (As they should!)

Zonar said:
Please for the love of god tell me it was not that bad

It was even worse to watch live, mainly because at the time, we were all in the chat really excited for some new 'core' game being announced later in the show (since AC was revealed so early, most of us figured more was on the way). But what we got was, well, what you see in that video.

Zonar

Toy Soldier said:
It was even worse to watch live, mainly because at the time, we were all in the chat really excited for some new 'core' game being announced later in the show (since AC was revealed so early, most of us figured more was on the way). But what we got was, well, what you see in that video.
I'm sorry to here is was that disappointing.

No bullshit,

No sarcasm.

I am truly sorry to hear it was that fucked up.

Mantorok

Miyamoto looked really sheepish when playing the sax, he occasionally glanced at the crowd left to right with a very grim kind-of what-the-fuck-am-I-doing-here-holding-a-wiimote-up-to-my-mouth-looking-like-a-prat look on his face.

I feel really sorry for him, he didn't really look happy to be doing this...I mean after-all, with his reputation he shouldn't be promoting Wii-Fucking-Music, give the guy a fucking break.

Threi

notag
twinturbo2 said:
:lol
Between this and the Duke Nukem Trilogy "trailer", E3 has been redeemed. :D
Watch the Ubisoft and Konami Conferences for epic lulz.

Like i said if you are looking for entertainment this E3 delivered.

*edit*

Damn hairdude is epic.

RagnarokX

Mantorok said:
Miyamoto looked really sheepish when playing the sax, he occasionally glanced at the crowd left to right with a very grim kind-of what-the-fuck-am-I-doing-here-holding-a-wiimote-up-to-my-mouth-looking-like-a-prat look on his face.

I feel really sorry for him, he didn't really look happy to be doing this...I mean after-all, with his reputation he shouldn't be promoting Wii-Fucking-Music, give the guy a fucking break.
No, I think he was just trying look serious or something. He seems to be fully supporting this game.

Regardless, it provided excellent gif material and that made E3 more fun.

http://i35.tinypic.com/qzklqb.gif

Mantorok

RagnarokX said:
No, I think he was just trying look serious or something. He seems to be fully supporting this game.

Regardless, it provided excellent gif material and that made E3 more fun.

He looked awkward man, serious doesn't suit him, he's the fun cuddly guy who creates Mario games, not a frigging Mozart.

The game is a farce, he knows, we know it, and Nintendo know it, shame the casuals won't.

Still my favorite thing about the whole glue party scene at the end is that the drum guy is actually don't nothing. His tapping of the feet and pretending to play drums affected nothing in the actual game. He was literally just sitting there pretending to be pretending to be playing drums.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
God, Wii music looks like the worst thing to ever actually happen to gaming. How are the mainstream newspapers not already making fun of 'you just flail around and music happens'

?

Just sooo bad.

ari

Banned
Backflip said:
Great video. It's funny how a little bit of editing can turn the worst conferences in enjoyable videos.
sony 06 and the ninty 03 conferences don't need it.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
catfish said:
God, Wii music looks like the worst thing to ever actually happen to gaming. How are the mainstream newspapers not already making fun of 'you just flail around and music happens'

?

Just sooo bad.

It reminded me of when I was young and would watch Seseme Street or some similar program where muppets would fake play instruments by just holding them and kind of spazzing all over the place...

Top Bottom