• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinky

Banned
26 days 😩

latest

Galang

Banned
Hype! I'm just looking forward to E3 at this point as its not that far off when you think about it. If anything drops before that I'll be happy though!

Enforced

The only game I want for NX is kirby air ride sequel amd also themes. Nintendo can do whatever they want for the rest. :p

Hydrus

Nintendo needs to start talking, showing and release something amazing cause at this point I have very little faith in them. I regret buying a Wii u, and I'm not getting burned again. It's gonna be tough for them to go against a ps4k and xbone.5. Gonna need to have a killer launch and support.

Luigiv

This thread is insanity. As consumers do we really need to celebrate the beginning of a new Japanese FY? Nintendo will unveil the NX when they deem the time is right to unveil the NX in the grand scheme of the launch cycle. The fact that it will coincide with this financial year is nothing more than a trivia point. This day literally means nothing from our perspective.

Zalman

This thread is insanity. As consumers do we really need to celebrate the beginning of a new Japanese FY? Nintendo will unveil the NX when they deem the time is right to unveil the NX in the grand scheme of the launch cycle. The fact that it will coincide with this financial year is nothing more than a trivia point. This day literally means nothing from our perspective.
The thirst is real tho

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn Rosti, for such a relatively straightforward OP it sure does get me excited :D

Nintendo, I don't care exactly when, but you MUST unveil the NX Console before E3. It does more good than bad. That's all I really want in the future for now.

Zoon

What I want: NX console close to PS4K, launch in November. Handheld around XBone, launch in March.And before someone says how much I am willing to pay for that, as long as I know that I'm not paying for something I'll hate gaming with, I don't care.
But man, Nintendo is in a pretty tight spot right now. I've lost almost all hope I had in them and I really wish they make a comeback with the NX.

Is this a hype thread? Because it sort of sounds like a hype thread... Doesn't seem like there's actually anything new going on here. Isn't this frowned upon?

100% with you.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
SaL22.jpg

Damn excited. Here's hoping for good things.

J@hranimo

Banned
I know but, seriously, this is stupid. This is WUST all over again.

Come on man, he's just drumming up hype. Yeah it doesn't mean much for us because we're consumers, but anytime after the FY reports it should be prime time for NX stuff from Nintendo themselves.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I do not intend for this to be a hype thread, I know those are not allowed. I merely wanted to highlight the start of Nintendo's new fiscal year, in which we are bound to get actual NX information. It at least concerns something valid as opposed to other discussions as of late.

udivision

Rösti;199760290 said:
I do not intend for this to be a hype thread, I know those are not allowed. I merely wanted to highlight the start of Nintendo's new fiscal year, in which we are bound to get actual NX information. It at least concerns something valid as opposed to other discussions as of late.

I can't confirm or deny anything but I've been hearing that some of the mods are really upset about this thread of yours.

:-|

The_Lump

Banned
I know but, seriously, this is stupid. This is WUST all over again.

Why ya here then bruh? ;)

Seriously though, thread whining is in itself worse than any perceived annoyance you could feel about a thread.

OT: Yay. Although I feel the NX is going to be overshadowed by VR and PS4K/XB1.5 in terms of news coverage this year.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Definitely intrigued. It's odd - earlier this year, I thought Nintendo would have E3 all to themselves, but now, not only are they competing against PS4.5 and XB1.1 but also three VR headsets. The fight for shelf space will be intense.

Luigiv

Well, you can ignore it if it bothers you that much...

Oh, I will. Just figured I might be able to get through to a person or two and pull them away from the dark side of the hype if I posted a snarky enough comment. Probably a vein hope but you never know.

There was nothing in speculation history worse than WUST.

At the very least, people are more cynical about the NX because of it.
Maybe for some but if so many poster can "get hype" on one guy's whim over literally nothing then clearly WUST didn't pass on it's message to all.

jholmes

Rösti;199760290 said:

With all due respect maybe you shouldn't pass of rumours as fact, i.e. the Zelda NX bit, if you want this to be strictly about verified information.

I was stoked to buy a NX (despite not really knowing what it is), but now I'm going to have to wait and see what MS and Sony are working on. If MS drops a new Xbox with Rift support then I'm going to hold off on purchasing the NX.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
With all due respect maybe you shouldn't pass of rumours as fact, i.e. the Zelda NX bit, if you want this to be strictly about verified information.
Hence why I wrote "tentatively" and "could" about that. But I'll see to making it clearer. Thank you.

kenta

Has no PEINS
With the Wii and the 3DS, Nintendo announced via press release (and press tour) a number of details about the systems a couple of months before a proper E3 blowout. So what's the over/under on when they announce details about the NX? (official name, details about the system's concept, etc)

Thraktor

You know if you don't want to see a thread on Neogaf the quickest way to get rid of it is not posting in it, right?

More seriously, though, Kimishima has said that they wouldn't talk about NX until their new fiscal year. It's now their new fiscal year, so they should start talking about it soon(ish). I think that's worth knowing.

Miitomo and My Nintendo left a really positive first impression on me, I hope NX continues the trend !

I was going to ask a question based along the lines of this. What do you guys think off Miitomo and My Nintendo and what it means for the NX and Nintendo going forward?Kind of your impressions so to speak, as it is going to be a big year for Nintendo, and no doubt both of these will be important to Nintendo going forward.

For me, both are nicely presented and typical Nintendo, the user interfaces are well laid out and easy to use. Mostly. And it seems that they have a "Plan" so to speak which is encouraging.

3d MARIO as good as Galaxy.

FFVI remake and War of the Magi prequel

Something new that I didn't know I wanted

Is all I ask Nintendo!!!!

ika

The hype is real!!

I'm currently enjoying Miitomo (a bit slow interface, tho) and MyNintendo, and we (most of Europe) finally can buy digital games in our computers/devices and push the download to the console! Now all we need is an official MyNintendo/NintendoAccount/Miiverse/NNID native app so we don't have to relay on webs... Finally Nintendo is progressing and we can almost smell the NX coming... :D

GamerJM

Banned
I'd be going crazy with the wait for info if it wasn't for that incredible fake leak. I feel like that was enough entertainment for a couple months. I can wait for E3 now.

See, I'm the opposite. It just made me want to know more. The whole debacle made me come to the realization that no one knows what the fuck the NX is. The possibilities are endless if someone can literally convince half of GAF that its controller has no buttons. Its controller could be ANYTHING. The device itself could be ANYTHING. The Nintendo ninjas have been insanely tight with this one.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Let the games begin. /southern accent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom