• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

Frostman

I’m guessing that their recommended settings are for 1080p/60?

Day 1, but I don’t know how I feel about that 100gigs.

CHC

Oh

Mah

God

My waiting game paid off!

Actually I was just too poor to buy it, I never expected this....

entremet

New helmet for Steam release.

DLIogjMU8AAcB_j.jpg

Please don't be 30 fps

The PS4 version is 60FPS. Why would it be 30FPS on PC?

Gbraga

I didn't see that one coming. Didn't like the game at all, so no interest personally, but still a cool announcement.

kewlmyc

I'm excited, but the game is made by KT, so the capabilities of the PC port scare me.

The PS4 version is 60FPS. Why would it be 30FPS on PC?
Because KT always makes bizarre decisions for their PC ports. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Mifec

Yo lucebuce what's that about it never coming to PC?

Was obvious with Sony being the distributor that KT could just publish it on steam. When I said this before the game came out people said nope, well even KT likes money I guess.

Naliem

Day one. I was thinking about this game last week and said to myself I would buy it when the definitive edition came out on PS4. Now I'm getting the PC version :)

Wereroku

Yo lucebuce what's that about it never coming to PC?

Was obvious with Sony being the distributor that KT could just publish it on steam. When I said this before the game came out people said nope, well even KT likes money I guess.

Didn't Sony call it just a console exclusive as well?

Fandangox

You cannot co-op all missions, but most of them will let you co-op, you can tell which let you by an icon on the level select. You need an item to summon a player, but you don't need one to be summoned into another person's game, you get lots of the required item by just allowing yourself be summoned.

Izuna

Banned
Omg YES

Not even going to finish playing on PS4, gunna reset all my progress and play this.

Yoooo

I might even cheat engine my save file if possible, who knows. Replaying would be fine tho.

Luigiv

God damnit. I already picked up the PS4 version last time it was on PSN sale and it's just sitting in my backlog anyway. Feels bad man.

One of my favorite games of the year! Double dipping to play it in native 1440 and no more turbo jet engine while in the menus.

Ok, now I have some questions to people familiar with the game:
How does multiplayer work in this? Is it Souls-like? Can you play the entire game in coop?

It has elements that are similar to Souls games such as the amirita being like souls and the shrines being like bonfires, some of the levels feel like the interconnected areas in Demon's Souls and that is about it. You can play the game in a Souls like fashion if you wish as the combat mechanics are the most comprehensive I have come across but that is just one way of playing. It is just as much inspired by games like Warframe, Diablo, Destiny and pretty much every successful ARPG in the last decade or so, many of the mechanics in Nioh are far closer to what you can find in those games than the Souls inspired mechanics.

If you want to play it like a character action game you can, if you want to play it like a Souls game you can, if you want to go min/max looting where you destroy everything in a few hits you can. Within that there is then a huge amount of variety by using different skills, items, weapons, ninjitsu and onmyo. The first area feels the most souls-like until you get access to armour sets and skills then its up to you.

Not entirely sure how the coop multiplayer works since it has been updated. Originally you had to have beat areas to do it but I think that might have changed. I'm pretty sure you can play the majority of the game in coop going by a few comments in other threads. There is PVP but it was very unbalanced when I last played it. There is the revenant system where you can get higher level gear by fighting players that have died. There is an online guild type thing that gives you extra perks as well.

Top Bottom