• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony keep listing Nioh as a 'Console Exclusive' - PC version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent video

Recent email image
VI5BFD7.png

DKHF

Not sure about any other instances of them calling it one but that video shouldn't really be taken as proof since it has several errors (some already admitted to be mistakes by Shuhei Yoshida) in it.

LordKano

These tags means jack shit. They're saying Nier is a PS4 exclusive while it's not. Same for Dragon Quest Heroes.

Sony are publishing NiOh in America and Europe and Nier is listed as a PS4 exclusive in that video so who the hell knows

Isn't this the case for most 3rd party "exclusives" these days? For people who only game on consoles, it has the same effect.

People with Steam accounts get to sample from both sides of the moneyhat bin.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
ngbbs46117ffce2349.gif

By the way, are there other topics on NeoGAF than "is this game exclusive?" "what are the upcoming bombas" and "DAE think popular game is actually super shit?"

Shari

Recent video

Recent email image
VI5BFD7.png

That video features Nier 2 that's it's been confirmed coming to PC.

Also, this generation Sony has shown several times to make the distinction between Playstation exclusive and Playstation 4 console exclusive. These are all console exclusives even tho we know most won't come to PC.

Sony likes to blur the line like that to play with your hype.

low-G

That video says Persona 5 is a PS4 console exclusive... so either Persona 5 is coming to PC... or...

But yeah I am not expecting Nioh on PC.

dickroach

"Only on Playstation," but not "only on playstation 4" and "Console exclusive?"

if it's not an error, than a Vita version is in the works

Do you have any proof otherwise? Looking into it all I see are articles confirming its exclusivity.

Nier is announced for Steam.
As for this video, I wouldn't put any weight into it.
As for Ni-oh exclusivity, I wouldn't be surprised if it was limited to consoles. As for people saying Sony is publishing it, Nintendo also published Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge in the West. And Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2. We all know what happened after.

Nameless

It makes a lot of sense to release Nioh on PC given the abundance of Souls fans on that platform, but how about, you know, waiting for an announcement. These PlayStation exclusivity tags always seem to spawn a ton of port begging/speculating.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It would probably be a flaming pile of garbage even if it did come to PC. Have you seen KT's track record?

Begaria

Sony has had misused those labels in the past. There are all kinds of errors. It's causing more confusion than they really should be.

Dmonzy

Nier is announced for Steam.
As for this video, I wouldn't put any weight into it.
As for Ni-oh exclusivity, I wouldn't be surprised if it was limited to consoles. As for people saying Sony is publishing it, Nintendo also published Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor Edge in the West. And Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2. We all know what happened after.

Ah sorry I should have specified Nioh. Most places that confirmed it being exclusive was about a year ago so I didn't know if there was anything more recent

DKHF

"Only on Playstation," but not "only on playstation 4" and "Console exclusive?"

if it's not an error, than a Vita version is in the works
Uncharted 4 has just "Only on PlayStation" on the box, do you think it's coming to Vita? lol

brawly

You edited your mistake so fast that your gmmar ws al fuckd up.

My mistake? Anyone comparing Helldivers and NiOh is out of their mind.

It makes sense to put a small game on PC, but Sony won't put the next big thing on PC.

It makes sense to put a small game on PC, but Sony won't put the next big thing on PC.

You're right. At least Sony owned the Helldivers IP. It's not the first time a 1st party publish a Tecmo Koei game in the West.

silva1991

They confused thee exclusivity tags in the video between Nier and Ni Oh.

Nier should be = console exclusive

Ni Oh = PS4 exclusive

LordKano

Ah sorry I should have specified Nioh. Most places that confirmed it being exclusive was about a year ago so I didn't know if there was anything more recent

Ah, well Sony recently announced they were going to publish it and confirmed again that it was going to be an exclusive, at least for the initial release :
http://gematsu.com/2016/11/sony-publish-nioh-north-america-europe-asia

"small or big" games change nothing. Thing is, Helldivers (and Everybody's gone to the rapture btw) is proof that Sony is open to publish games on steam, even if it's their IPs.

At the moment, it's not. Nothing has been confirmed other than it's a PS4 exclusive. The official website says it's coming solely to the PS4, and that's how it is until either Sony allows it to go to the PC or their contract is up (I'm guessing it's the former).

MUnited83

For you.
Published by Sony. It's over.
someone quote me and post that Helldivers screen
The console version, in the West, is published by Sony. Doesn't really mean anything other than it being a timed exclusive. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 were also published by Ms on XB1. Didn't stop self-published PC ports from coming later.

Shari

Nioh is the next big thing? Also Sony ain't putting anything it's not their game, they're publishing it but nor you or anyone else knows if that publishing deal stops KT from publishing on another system.

And yes you wrote that comment and edited it so fast, that's where my reply is coming from.

Purest 78

Sony likes to blur the line like that to play with your hype.

I don't think Sony see's PC as competition. Honestly it's really not your Basic consumer that goes to Gamestop Consoles rule. So pretty much this marketing is to let people know it's not coming to xbox.

The console version, in the West, is published by Sony. Doesn't really mean anything other than it being a timed exclusive. Ryse and Dead Rising 3 were also published by Ms on XB1. Didn't stop self-published PC ports from coming later.
Is there any history of that happening in Sony's case? I'm not sure using MS as an example for Sony is enough.

MUnited83

For you.

Sony won't put it on PC. KT will, like Crytek dI'd with Ryse and Capcom did with DR3
Is there any history of that happening in Sony's case? I'm not sure using MS as an example for Sony is enough.
If Sony wanted to invest that much in the franchise why wouldn't they just outright buy the IP to prevent sequels from coming to other platforms? They only bought publishing rights, and only for the West. KT could even make a Japan-only PC version that released at the same time if they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom