• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh coming to Steam on November 7, Nioh Complete for PS4 same day

laxu

I bet this is going to be a terrible port with shit controller and resolution support. It's Koei Tecmo after all. I hope I'm proven wrong, would be nice to play this in 1440p or 4K 60 fps goodness.

Shengar

Because KT always makes bizarre decisions for their PC ports. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Bizarre is the right word to describe KT PC port quality. Some of them are plain awful, some other are good with mind baffling side note, and the rarest one is almost perfect port. You can't really know which one you are going to get with KT.

Also note the false advertising on some regions.

E9oCUrW.jpg

Well, it's still only on the PlayStation right now, so it's not exactly fault advertising. They can remove that once it isn't!

People saying it was this wasn't expected. This was never going to stay exclusive and a lot of that was pretty obvious when it was announced. This will also happen with Crash, and, Sega has their way, stuff like Yakuza and Persona as well.

Eolz

I don't get people bringing up yakuza when it's a completely different situation and publisher.
As others pointed out, this is more promising for games like Dissidia.

I've never really tried the Yokai realm myself, but from what people are saying it sure sounds fun! I just summoned companions the same way I do in Souls games, so I guess you can play both ways and stick to one you and your friend enjoy more.

Yeah Yokai way is the best way, It's more challenging, Removes the summoner glow, And gives you a revive bar so you can revive you're friend. Doesn't make it easier as the Yokai way is the harder way. So it's balanced fairly, And that's before the dreaded NG+ NG++ way!

Sloth used to be crazy broken now it is just good. They cut the effect duration and I don't think it works on some enemies anymore. Apparently some of the higher difficulties make it much worse.

Holy shit, it was even more broken before? Then I'm glad they nerfed it, because it made the game pretty easy as is. Didn't know that the higher difficulties make it worse though, guess that makes sense.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hope they add some kind of an Easy mode to the PS4 complete version for plebs like me :(

Always wanted to get into this game but the difficulty curve is an off-putting thing for me personally.

Wereroku

People saying it was this wasn't expected. This was never going to stay exclusive and a lot of that was pretty obvious when it was announced. This will also happen with Crash, and, Sega has their way, stuff like Yakuza and Persona as well.

I don't think Persona ever had the console exclusive label like this though did it?

Holy shit, it was even more broken before? Then I'm glad they nerfed it, because it made the game pretty easy as is. Didn't know that the higher difficulties make it worse though, guess that makes sense.

Oh yeah go watch some early youtube videos sloth plus the attack buff spell just destroyed everything in a few hits.

pa22word

I don't get people bringing up yakuza when it's a completely different situation and publisher.
Yeah after kiwami came and went without a peep regarding 0 on pc I'm at the point where I really doubt sega is going to bother.

I hope I'm wrong, but yeah if 6 comes out and nothing on the pc front then I'm almost positive sega isn't porting anything soon.

The best bet I think for yakuza on pc is probably either FotNS or Yakuza 7. Right now the barrier to entry is too complicated and the release dates so scattered that I don't think they'll bother.

Durante

Thanks for all the information on how coop works in this.

Now we somehow need to get Divinity:OS2 done before November 7th.

I hope they add some kind of an Easy mode to the PS4 complete version for plebs like me :(

Always wanted to get into this game but the difficulty curve is an off-putting thing for me personally.

You can summon people to play with you in co-op, makes the game much easier. And there are several builds that make it even easier, such as the Sloth spell we were just discussing here.

jmga

Because all games labeled as 'PS4 Console Exclusive' have released on PC despite of being treated like PS4 exclusives.

It is Nioh, a franchise that have sold pretty great on PS4. They will at least put effort with a PC port of a game with such importance to them.
Virtually all of their PC ports are trite and the best they've managed push out is barely a handful of subpar ones tops. Koei-Tecmo looking to release Nioh this soon (alongside the seemingly inflated system requirements) with little word on what's actually being done to guarantee quality this time around does not bode well in the slightest, even for something that sold well above their expectations on console. Their abrupt announcement shows no signs of them having learned their lessons and in the press release they spent more time talking about the pre-order vanity item than they did about PC features.

Coolade

Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a ”cinematic" option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

So it seems it's a direct console port with no extra graphical options. You have to choose between 4k and 60 but not both? Uh.....well um....I will be skipping this.

Izuna

Banned
I still can't contain my happiness. I am thinking of giving away my PS4.

Graphics options is lame af tho.

Via Polygon

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution."

So it seems it's a direct console port with no extra graphical options. You have to choose between 4k and 60 but not both? Uh.....well um....I will be skipping this.

WTF? Oh God, another shitty KT port? Durante pls!

pa22word

Via Polygon

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution."

If it's anything like previous kt games that'll just be the in-game stuff while the game will have a launcher for more detailed settings.

Via Polygon

I'm pretty sure even on PS4 PRO the resolution in action mode could theoretically go all the way up to 4k. It just went up and down in order to maintain 60fps

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

They need to be aiming at a stable 144fps with that action mode. *Lights Durante signal*

Coolade

If it's anything like previous kt games that'll just be the in-game stuff while the game will have a launcher for more detailed settings.

I just made an edit with some extra information from Eurogamer "Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

I did not sign up for 720p. So yes, add me to the list of people yelling Durante save us up at the sky :/

Ogawa-san

Absolutely not miffed, if anything I might just double-dip. But Nioh is the last TK game I buy on PS4, by now it's clear everything they do will hit PC sooner or later.

God help that online mode though.

low-G

Awesome! That's the only remaining high profile PS4 exclusive that I was waiting to see if a PC version would come.

Sounds good that they're talking about enhanced graphics, because a straight port would probably be a downgrade, knowing them.

Frostman

Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a “cinematic” option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

Hmmm....

Akronis

I just made an edit with some extra information from Eurogamer "Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

I did not sign up for 720p. So yes, add me to the list of people yelling Durante save us up at the sky :/

bahahahaahahaha get fucked KT. I'll give my money to devs that have earned it.

Durante

Via Eurogamer

Holy shit.

If this is true, K-Ts employee tasked exclusively with finding ways to make their PC ports less appealing has managed another homerun.

That said, I really don't see a way how they will prevent the PC community from running it at full settings with 60 FPS.

But I think it's more likely that they are once again failing hard at communicating.

Wow, so exactly 9 months from launch until the Complete Edition hits? That's even quicker from launch than Battlefield 1's Complete Edition, which seemed really quick (albeit was also more expensive for the DLC).

Sini

Via Eurogamer

I'll just continue not paying attention to this game then.

Arondight

Glad I waited since I always got the feeling it was going to eventually come over to PC. I really hope it's a solid port.

Zojirushi

Via Eurogamer

That wording is all kinds of ambiguous so let's wait for the release before freaking out.

prudislav

Via Eurogamer

"The PC version will include two visual presentation modes: Action Mode, which aims for a stable 60 fps frame rate, and Movie Mode, a ”cinematic" option with a 4K display resolution. Koei Tecmo's note to press suggests you can't deviate from either of these two modes, no matter how powerful your PC."

welp .... modders to rescue .... hipefully .... please ...

That wording is all kinds of ambiguous so let's wait for the release before freaking out.
also this ... could be similar "lost in translation"situation we had with Blue Refection

Top Bottom