• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh "Defiant Honor" DLC Out July 25 ($10)

(Or part of season pass.)

Details on PlayStation Blog.

Includes new levels, weapon type (tonfa), magic items, guardian spirits, armor, enemy types, difficulty levels, and characters!

Haven't played at all since the first DLC, so happy the content is flowing.

35652011851_67f6506f02_h-755x425.jpg

Defiant Honor takes us to Osaka Castle, the largest and most impregnable castle of Sengoku era. This add-on features the legendary warrior Sanada Yukimura, serving Tokugawa Ieyasu's archenemy Toyotomi clan, who values honor above all else. As tensions brew between the Tokugawa and Toyotomi clans, Sanada Yukimura prepares his men for imminent conflict against the Tokugawa's forces by building a stronghold called the Sanada Maru on the outskirts of the Osaka Castle. With the castle fortified, Tokugawa's forces were faced with a difficult and bloody challenge.

In the midst of this chaos, our hero William, accompanied by Date Masamune who fights alongside Tokugawa, heads towards Sanada Maru in pursuit of Maria. It is a bitter winter in Osaka and the stage is ripe for a fierce battle for the ages. Bundle up and get ready for a brutal winter showdown!

This incredible clash would not be complete without providing you with the necessary ammo to wage an intense battle. Therefore, we will be delivering a deadly new weapon Tonfa, new armor, new magic items, guardian spirits and of course brand new Yokai and enemies to test your mettle!

New difficulty levels and Trophies will also be implemented for Defiant Honor. Legendary characters such as Sanada Yukimura who will later be revered as ”the greatest warrior of all Japan" are included. All this action takes place within exciting new stages and numerous sub-missions! So, there's plenty of combat to be held and new challenges to be mastered.

RSchmitz

I didn´t even try WotD, I don´t know how I feel about more difficulty options.
Hopefully the new enemies are cool.

I love this game but man I do not need more difficulty levels, Way of the Demon is bullshit already.

I still haven't beaten a few of the missions on the second difficulty level, let alone Demon LOL. But still it'll be good for amrita farming to just run through levels quickly.

xuchu

Oh shit, tonfas!! That's sick. In ninja gaiden 2 they had that sick tech move that made it so that you can I-frame cancel out of every attack string. Doubt it's gonna work like that in Nioh but excited for the weapon nonetheless. Odachi was cool but far too slow and stamina hungry for my playstyle.

Don't know how I feel about new difficulty. Loved WotD but honestly hoped they would save the next difficulty mode for third dlc. Ah, what the hell, I'll probably play the shit of the new difficulty mode anyway.

xuchu

35652011771_dfcc6ac954_b.jpg

Looks like they are also giving players the crimson sanada armour for those didn't preorder the game. It's a very good set and glad more people can equip it now.

Looks like a horse spirit too. Was Sanada known for horses? Thought that was the Takeda, but he has been long dead by this point in history. It's been a while since I brushed up on my sengoku/edo period history.

I love this game but man I do not need more difficulty levels, Way of the Demon is bullshit already.

This.

I'm absolutely not replaying the whole game again, and I'm not really sure how they could get much tougher than WotD anyway. Already most things kill you in 1-2 hits and debuffs are severely weakened against the endgame bosses.

xuchu

This.

I'm absolutely not replaying the whole game again, and I'm not really sure how they could get much tougher than WotD anyway. Already most things kill you in 1-2 hits and debuffs are severely weakened against the endgame bosses.

Yeah I agree, I don't want another difficulty just yet. What are they gonna do. Just make every enemy a red elite?
People already rush the boss/mission objective anyway outside of farming for 200+ gear which isn't even needed. I don't want inflated hp numbers and, yeah, already get 1 shot so increased attack ain't gonna make much of a difference.

Although, maybe they will put the harder coop triple boss sub missions in the new difficulty so people can try them solo. Always wanted to do that but wasn't possible.

Beating all mission on Way of the Demon was hard so I'm a bit afraid of a new difficulty.

As long as they don't nerf the ninja build, I'm in :p

deim0s

Wasn't able to explore what they've added the last update, so this is THE excuse to get into Nioh again.

Way of the Whatever? Bring it!

OSHAN

Looks good. I was waiting for info on the second expansion before pulling the trigger on the season pass. Looks like I have more Nioh.

I'm actually excited about the new difficulty. I know only about 10% or less of the player base has probably beaten Way of the Demon but I really wanna keep playing this game with a bit of challenge. As of right now it's too easy to be overpowered at max level, gear and build.

Van Bur3n

Whoa, look at those skeletons I've already fought.

In all seriousness though, really looking forward to this. First DLC was pretty good. Hopefully I won't have to fight Maria of the Astral Clockto- I mean of Spain again though.

xuchu

Fuck yeah, I am ready. No need for another difficulty level though lol...
I'll probably still check it out eventually

Agreed, I don't think it needs another difficulty mode. Maybe I could have accepted it with the third dlc but this means they will add yet another difficulty when the third dlc comes out. The game does not need FIVE difficulty levels.

Hell, Diablo II (the game that they are chiefly modelling the difficulty levels on) has 3 difficulty levels.

Whoa, look at those skeletons I've already fought.

In all seriousness though, really looking forward to this. First DLC was pretty good. Hopefully I won't have to fight Maria of the Astral Clockto- I mean of Spain again though.

Lol, they'll probably have Spanish Maria will steal the Rakuyo this time.

I had no idea they were still releasing content for this. Is there likely to be GOTY-type edition? I was going to pick the game up in a month or two when I've done with FF12, but I'll wait for that if it's likely to come.

xuchu

I had no idea they were still releasing content for this. Is there likely to be GOTY-type edition? I was going to pick the game up in a month or two when I've done with FF12, but I'll wait for that if it's likely to come.

They'll probably have a complete edition come out later in the year or early next year. No actual confirmation though.

So I never got the first DLC and don't know exactly how it works, but if I were to get that and this, would I be able to just start a fresh new game from scratch and whatever new weapon types and armors are available will be available throughout a whole new game? Or do you have to like beat the game first or get to a certain point like in a Dark Souls type situation?

Like I'd rather just start fresh from the beginning of the game and focus on Tonfas

Wagram

How was the first DLC in comparison to say the Crown DLCs from Souls?

Waiting for them all to come out and then I plan on doing it all. Already own the season pass.

Caim

So I never got the first DLC and don't know exactly how it works, but if I were to get that and this, would I be able to just start a fresh new game from scratch and whatever new weapon types and armors are available will be available throughout a whole new game? Or do you have to like beat the game first or get to a certain point like in a Dark Souls type situation?

Like I'd rather just start fresh from the beginning of the game and focus on Tonfas

Yeah if I recall you can already start the game with the Odachi if you own the dlc so Tonfa should work the same way.

Kalentan

Nice. On the final level I believe, so I need to beat that and the first DLC before I play this...

How was the first DLC anyway?

Baalzebup

Do these dlc extras mix the new enemy types into the main game now or are they just locked to new areas?
There were a few instances of some of the new enemies and/or variations finding their way to some of the old side missions in the Way of the Demon. I wouldn't expect any mix-ups to the already established ones though, so I would imagine their appearance at the current missions would once again be locked behind the next difficulty level.

Top Bottom