• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh embargo lifts on February 2nd (+ game size)

I can confirm a significant amount of reviews won't hit embargo tomorrow. Skill level is a big part of it, and the game is massive.

Many big surprises in store for even those who have not been on media blackout.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I can confirm a significant amount of reviews won't hit embargo tomorrow. Skill level is a big part of it, and the game is massive.

That's cool I take that as a positive sign with many trying their best to give the game the time it needs.

Kudo

This makes me very happy, hype!
Sitting here and waiting
ORAA38U.gif

Your last sentence has me excited, but "massive" isn't necessarily a good thing. I hope the game doesn't drag on forever. Something like Bloodborne is a perfect length.

Sanctuary

- just like when Demons Souls came out, this game is a step up in difficulty some people aren't going to be able to get good in a limited amount of time

Why should they? Not every single game made now needs to cater to everyone in every possible way.
Also, was the first Sonic reviewed poorly due to borrowing so heavily from Super Mario Brothers? This is basically how genres begin anyway.

Bigger than Dark Souls 3 interesting.

Not necessarily. Dark Souls 3 seemed to reuse a ton of the same textures throughout the game. Despite Nioh being "level based", it might end up having more variety overall (even if it doesn't at first appear to be the case from the demos).

How's the dependency on RNG loot?

Probably not much at all, if it's balanced around being able to finish the entire game without picking up any loot at all at the highest skill levels.

Hanmik

the trophy for completing the last mission has a percentage of 2.1%... so not many have completed it (or haven't synced their trophies)

TreIII

Mmmmmph. As if this game wasn't sexy enough.

I just wanna be able to meet and fight Yasuke so badly...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Really hope this game reviews well. I mean im getting it anyway, but i just want Koei Temco to keep considering keeping the property afloat as opposed to sinking it due to bad reception

level1

I keep seeing concern about this game reviewing poorly because of high skill level and can't really understand where it's coming from..Which recent games do people feel were unfairly reviewed only because of their difficulty?

Really hope this game reviews well. I mean im getting it anyway, but i just want Koei Temco to keep considering keeping the property afloat as opposed to sinking it due to bad reception

Yeah, they've made some not so great games in recent times, hopefully they have a good one on their hands.

Allen Poe

Replacing the HDD is also an option ;)

TOO EASY

but nah, i plan on upgrading to a pro eventually, and i think i'd be fine with just a 1tb hdd (i dont play many PS4 games). so i'd have a spare hdd laying around once i did make the jump to the pro if I bought a larger hdd now.

You have pics of the other two magazine ones?

The other two will be shown in the near future they are codes in those magazines. They might be japanese region locked. So just get them from revenants from japanese players which have them equipped. Or people who already got them from japanese players.

viHuGi

Banned

Expected, isn't easy to review huge games like this and also very hard.

charsace

This game would have to 180 in the release version for it to review bad. And even if it reviews bad I'm getting it.

Inuhanyou

Still no announcement of a possible guide by Future Press or other?

I don't think enough people have their eyes on this game in general, especially not to give it a guide.

The majority of people who have dismissed this game have probably already passed it off as a weak souls clone like Lords of the Fallen, or not looked into the game to begin with.

I think it would have only gotten that attention if it was made by from

Nestunt

I don't think enough people have their eyes on this game in general, especially not to give it a guide.

The majority of people who have dismissed this game have probably already passed it off as a weak souls clone like Lords of the Fallen, or not looked into the game to begin with.

I think it would have only gotten that attention if it was made by from

yeah.. still, it would be nice with all that Team Ninja art

Inuhanyou

yeah.. still, it would be nice with all that Team Ninja art

i know. i'm very irritated that the game will likely be overlooked unless the written reviews are exceptional. Even if it gets good scores people who have not played it will still dismiss it as a souls clone surely.

Nestunt

It might get that Ninja Gaiden Black hype from reviewers. A 90+ game on Metacritic is rarely dismissed as "clone"

KodaRuss

It might get that Ninja Gaiden Black hype from reviewers. A 90+ game on Metacritic is rarely dismissed as "clone"

I hope that it does because it is its own thing in a lot of ways. This isnt Lords of the Fallen that is for sure.

Still not sure if I am going to get this day 1 or not though. Depends on how far I get in Dishonored 2 this weekend I think.

Szadek

i know. i'm very irritated that the game will likely be overlooked unless the written reviews are exceptional. Even if it gets good scores people who have not played it will still dismiss it as a souls clone surely.
IDK, there aren't that many "Souls clones" out there and many people that play these games are rather passionated about it.
So, I don't think that people will skip this game just because it's similar to the souls series, unless the reviews and player impressions less than stellar.

Iguess it also helps that quite few of them were disappointed by DS3.

Top Bottom