• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh New Screenshots Master Trainers

orochi91

Someone did

giphy.gif
lol, accurate.

Baalzebup

There's an old guy with a cane who has a dragon as a guardian spirit.
The old guy is the senior Tachibana and original owner of the sword that he later dubbed Raikiri, though it might well be in Ginchiyos possession in the game. It will be interesting to see from where it will be rewarded in the full game.
I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen actually
I think the dual katana mentor is going to be miyamoto musashi himself, makes a lot of sense
Way too early. Musashi is still a teenager at the time.

Espada

The old guy is the senior Tachibana and original owner of the sword that he later dubbed Raikiri, though it might well be in Ginchiyos possession in the game. It will be interesting to see from where it will be rewarded in the full game.

Ah, so that's Ginchiyo's father? That's pretty cool, looks like the cast is organized into their own small groups. As far as who has Raikiri, Ginchiyo has it. You can see it on her hip in her official render, it's the exact same look as the Raikiri you use in-game.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. When I first saw it it looked like dark souls samurai with totally not geralt as a main character. Pretty much ignored it till now. Up till now I was surprised it had so much hype on gaf.

Also wanted to add that Nioh has a robust loot system cause the combat video doesn't mention that add all. Not sure how much depth it will have stat wise.
But from the betas the customization felt really good(you could basically work your way towards optimizing whatever piece of equipment you want and in the latest beta you could even transmog for the cosmetic aspect).

Also during beta a thing that I did fairly frequently were coop runs(2 people don't think more is possible) for bosses to farm them for certain drops. Felt better than Diablo 3 in release state(although that isn't saying much :p) but I got real D2 Baal runs vibes from that.

So there is also that aspect to the game although like I said I don't know how varied the stats on items will be, but I think it's worth mentioning given how understated it is given that the combat is the real star so far but it's something that could turn out to be incredibly great as well.

Baalzebup

I'm really curious why and how William is already good at sword fighting
I made the same observation a while ago, though I've been wondering about it since the early demos. Particularly why he is so adept at the very Japanese style of combat when has just arrived to the country for the first time, as opposed to more Western swordplay and footwork, but at the end it is just one of those Vidja-geim things and we can just nod and go on with the killing :)

Trell did drop a half-explanation from the Nioh manga on the same page.
Ah, so that's Ginchiyo's father? That's pretty cool, looks like the cast is organized into their own small groups. As far as who has Raikiri, Ginchiyo has it. You can see it on her hip in her official render, it's the exact same look as the Raikiri you use in-game.
Yeah, I though that was the case, but I wasn't sure since my memory of the picture was getting slightly vague.
Yeah it could be vidya gaems things lol. Anyway where I can read the nioh manga?
You'd have to ask Trell. Or Google, lol.

I made the same observation a while ago, though I've been wondering about it since the early demos. Particularly why he is so adept at the very Japanese style of combat when has just arrived to the country for the first time, as opposed to more Western swordplay and footwork, but at the end it is just one of those Vidja-geim things and we can just nod and go on with the killing :)

Trell did drop a half-explanation from the Nioh manga on the same page.

Yeah, I though that was the case, but I wasn't sure since my memory of the picture was getting slightly vague.
Yeah it could be vidya gaems things lol. Anyway where I can read the nioh manga?

Shredderi

Nah, I prefer an engine that runs at 60fps, which is what Nioh does.

I would prefer a game that looks good and runs at 60fps :>

But seriously, right now the visuals are the biggest thing running against the game for me. I'm just not, for the lack of better word, charmed by it. The gameplay looks good but it's not like I'm starving for games with good gameplay at the moment (more like drowning in them).

BigEmil

BAWS
I would prefer a game that looks good and runs at 60fps :>

But seriously, right now the visuals are the biggest thing running against the game for me. I'm just not, for the lack of better word, charmed by it. The gameplay looks good but it's not like I'm starving for games with good gameplay at the moment (more like drowning in them).
Your not getting that with this aging 2013 hardware and with that CPU a major bottleneck for a more stable 60fps asking for too much with this type of game.

Good job to Team Ninja for prioritising gameplay and performance > graphics

Lime

I'll actually buy this if I can mod out the Geralt protagonist with Yasuke.

EDIT: These are Famitsu scans, not sure if they're allowed here though :/

Shredderi

Can't watch pictures on my mobile for some reason. What's special about this yasuke I see mentioned here?

Kudo

There is some feature in the game to change your characters skin, I'd assume Yasuke will be available at some point.

Sorc3r3r

Yeah, this game is really growing on me, funny since it went,for me, totally undetected untill the last beta.

I had classified it like a forgettable Soul clone, happy to have been proven wrong.

So is William's Irish accent ever going to be explained?

If he is portrayed as an Englishman with an Irish accent I will fucking blow an aneurysm and make a western game featuring a samurai with a Chinese accent.

This game is going to be so freaking long. Can't wait.

I'm also glad it decided to have an actual plot with a dedicated main character to go along with it versus some random vague mystery that you have to solve. Don't get me wrong, I love what the Souls games do, but sometimes you just want everything to be right in your face.

I can't wait to start training with William's mentors.

What's the total character count we've seen from this game so far?

Espada

This game is going to be so freaking long. Can't wait.

I'm also glad it decided to have an actual plot with a dedicated main character to go along with it versus some random vague mystery that you have to solve. Don't get me wrong, I love what the Souls games do, but sometimes you just want everything to be right in your face.

I can't wait to start training with William's mentors.

What's the total character count we've seen from this game so far?

I can see how we're going to hit the 70 hours they said if that includes the twilight versions of stages + the master missions.

As for the character count? It's pretty high, I remember in the last batch of character reveals they showed off Sakon Shima.

bunkitz

Loving the sound of that master/training feature!

Oh shit, that is cool. I really love how Nioh is using real people during the time period it's set it and whatnot. I thought they made Yasuke up, but holy shit. I don't really know anything about Japanese history, so this is an exciting way to learn some things and a great way to fuel my interest to learn more about history in general.

Yeah when I came in to this game I knew it was about the first western Samurai, I do not expect to fight the first Black Samurai as well @_@

Top Bottom