• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephiZack

Tenacity buffs all the effects of your living weapon if you activate when your health is at 30% or lower. Buffing its effects apparently also means making it last for fucking ever if you've got a Guardian Spirit equipped with a tenacity rating of A+ (which Paired Raiken does).

I guess that makes Suzaku even better than I thought considering it auto-activates at death if it can be activated AND it has A+ tenacity

myco666

4sd3nTZ.png

bqbF5QA.jpg

Living on the edge. How many debuffs can a person have?

Holy shit I wish he had HP numbers on.

To be fair it was zero since I had Quick Change on. That ninjutsu is so ass.

Baalzebup

That's a shame, it's impossible to find a Revenant with the Water or Lightning ones.
I actually have a half-decent version of the Lightning one. The elemental effect is "only" 15, but it doesn't have a transferable on it meaning you can actually reach full number of specials. I'll go and make a grave with it in NG+ Ranjatai.

My grave should be somewhere on the stairs right in front of the starting position.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I guess that makes Suzaku even better than I thought considering it auto-activates at death if it can be activated AND it has A+ tenacity

Suzaku's easily one of the best guardians, yeah, although I'm rocking the bear right now for fuck you amounts of damage.

Rizzi

Grrrr. I have killed Tachibana 30 times, and he refuses to drop the text for his katana.
Is 90 luck plus a luckbringer talisman not enough? X_X

Freeman76

Nearly 3 hours spent trying to beat these 3 cunts that break out of glass in London. I am so annoyed that they put this at the end :( Doubt I will ever get to NG+

Trakan

Weird, for some reason the game is saying I have zero crafting materials across the board. Like, zero of anything. Wood, Tamahagane, Lacquer, everything is at zero. There's no way I spent them all, so I don't really get what's going on.

xuchu

Weird, for some reason the game is saying I have zero crafting materials across the board. Like, zero of anything. Wood, Tamahagane, Lacquer, everything is at zero. There's no way I spent them all, so I don't really get what's going on.

You may have accidentally sold them. I've done the same too T_T

Adryuu

Started this yesterday and totally didn't expect the first mission (tutorial) and backstory with Marco Polo quote and all. Nice. I haven't seen any story trailer I think but it seems story could be ok.

I'm in for the gameplay though. So one question, is heavy armour worth the trade off? Or do I stick with <60% weight and few stamina point investment? Is <30% weight even worth it?

My intention is to main single katana and side weapon kusarigama and/or axe, by the way, but I can see having one of each and maybe swapping interests later. Didn't use much of spear in any beta though, but axes and duals were nice. Kusari left me impressed the little I played of the last beta too.

Is the katana holster animation when you shake off the blood on it gone for good? Shame if so...

Alo0oy

Banned
I actually have a half-decent version of the Lightning one. The elemental effect is "only" 15, but it doesn't have a transferable on it meaning you can actually reach full number of specials. I'll go and make a grave with it in NG+ Ranjatai.

My grave should be somewhere on the stairs right in front of the starting position.

Thanks a bunch, how long does the grave stay there? I won't be able to play for another 4 hours or so.

I guess I could have, though I don't know how. Why would the game let you do that?

So my strategy for getting rid of equips I don't want is locking all the stuff I do want, going to the blacksmith, picking Disassemble, going to the "All Items" tab, hitting R2 to highlight everything that isn't locked, and then disassembling everything.

In the disassembling function, only equipment shows up in the "All Items" tab.

If your strategy is similar to mine, it's possible you accidentally went into the "Sell" function instead of "Disassemble", went to "All Items", hit R2, and sold everything.

In "Sell", "All Items" includes literally everything including crafting materials.

myco666

Poop castle has weirdest gimmick I've seen in awhile. Which reminds me. How many dung balls that one guy wants and what does he give in return?

lawtowler

So I've done the side mission to get the Red Demon Armour helm and gloves. How do I go about getting the rest of the set? Killing revenants? Or is there a more surefire way?

myco666

I need to beat last dojo mission for dual swords to get last sub-mission? Thats really dumb.

How many times it is feasible to respec? I understood the price for the books go up everytime you buy them.

Espada

I'm on the verge of completing my playthrough of NG+. I still love the game, though I definitely agree with those who say we needed more enemy variety. I think part of the reason I'm shredding through this harder content is not just 1200+ attack power weapons, but just having memorized enemy attacks.

I hate the boss of Defiled Holy Mountain in Way of the Strong. Straight up touch of death combo, and one version has grab with nearly zero startup to it. What baffles me is that the same boss in Way of the Samurai gave me no problems at all.

It's not just the lack of enemy variety that's a problem, it's also the fact that most enemies are complete shite.

Those fire wheels. Terrible. Those floating heads. Terrible. Those stupid fucking umbrella things. Terrible.

In fact, I think the only things I enjoy fighting are the humans. Especially the ninjas.

xuchu

How many controllers were harmed in the process of getting a no-hit
Orochi
kill?

Yeah easily hardest boss to no hit for the crusher title. What a pain, i get that it's spectacle fight but you're fighting against the camera and have to dodge a billion off-screen projectiles. Someone suggested shooting or using a bow but I didn't see any appreciable damage (maybe because of NG+) and it just leaves you too open to projectiles as you're standing still for too long. Also just ran out of arrows after a few attempts anyway. And the stupid flame breath during the second phase with t
wo heads
, shit is hard to dodge cos of the angle and camera most times. During my successful run I think RNG decided to give to me by having them not do it.

Ended up changing strategies after a good 30 attempts. First I was using the dual sword water sword technique to burst down the h
eads
but I found it left me too immobile and often got clipped by a stray projectile coming out of it. Switched to single katana and kept it simple with high/mid combos and with the odd morning moon thrown in.

Doing all the other bosses no hit was a lot of fun and great added challenge but
Orochi
was just tedious. Apart from that title I had a lot of fun getting the titles overall though. Such a brilliant game.

It's not just the lack of enemy variety that's a problem, it's also the fact that most enemies are complete shite.

Those fire wheels. Terrible. Those floating heads. Terrible. Those stupid fucking umbrella things. Terrible.

In fact, I think the only things I enjoy fighting are the humans. Especially the ninjas.

I agree about enemy variety but it sounds like your definition of "terrible enemy" is anything that can't be stunlocked or killed in one combo, but yeah, sure. Terrible enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom