• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my main play-through. Freaking amazing game, especially the last act and that second to last boss fight. Wow!

Now that I've got a taste of some sweet green gear, I had to jump right back in with NG+. I'd really like to platinum it, I think I finished with around 75% trophies complete so it seems feasible just a matter of how long it will take?

Basically went the whole game without reading guides or tips, was super fun to explore and try to figure out stuff on my own. Got my ass handed to me occasionally I admit, but other times I killed a big ol' boss in one try and that's one of the greatest feelings in gaming.

I expect this to show up on lots of GAF end-of-year lists :)

Man, that level with dual Birdo Tengus and On
yroki
is no joke. The Tengu were the bottleneck for sure though. Relentless with the wind magic stuff.

I feel that most of the weapons without elements on them are totally useless. I almost never go for an element-less weapon, for the debuff and the extra damage. Shame that elements aren't just selectable at the forge when you hit a certain point in the game.

Use Suzuka. the also equip spirit stones. when you living weapon close to finished use a stone to replenish. You should be able to brute force them. The final guy is easy, so you can remove the living weapon, or keep it if you want to finish quicker.

I think they're all different. Fire is DOT, Water is a 7% damage buff, Lighting is slow, not sure about Wind or Earth.

Yeah I was specifically talking about water.

Wind is damage nerf and earth I am not sure about either.

I don't think Wind is damage nerf. I think wind is supposed to make it easier to break their stamina/guard.

And Chaos2Frozen is right, Earth is increased Ki consumption for the enemy inflicted with the effect.

N° 2048

I don't think Wind is damage nerf. I think wind is supposed to make it easier to break their stamina/guard.

And Chaos2Frozen is right, Earth is increased Ki consumption for the enemy inflicted with the effect.

Yep:
Wind: Wind reduces the enemy's resistance to break and their ability to parry. Enemies afflicted by wind can be charged down more easily.

Zesh

Yep:
Wind: Wind reduces the enemy's resistance to break and their ability to parry. Enemies afflicted by wind can be charged down more easily.

Does the green projectile that Raven Tengus use do something else then? I know that it reduces the damage you deal, and I assumed that it was because of the Wind effect.

myco666

I hit a bit of a brickwall after that fight fyi. I am pretty underleveled right now but I just have bad luck with Fire.

Saika
? He can be a pain but there are few things that make the fight bit easier.

He always seems to teleport behind you so when you see the teleport just turnaround and start attacking.

If he does any attack while he is up in the air go under him and attack. This will make him land on his face so you get a final blow and you can follow it up with whatever setup you use.

Man, that level with dual Birdo Tengus and On
yroki
is no joke. The Tengu were the bottleneck for sure though. Relentless with the wind magic stuff.

I feel that most of the weapons without elements on them are totally useless. I almost never go for an element-less weapon, for the debuff and the extra damage. Shame that elements aren't just selectable at the forge when you hit a certain point in the game.

That was definitely some serious business but there is a slight delay so you might be able to take other one out before the other one appears. What I did was just keep kicking the first and then just spam highest damaging combo when it was out of Ki.

Jamiaro

I just started The Way of The Strong. Is there anything I should do in the first three main areas before I start tackling the main missions in order?

Fandangox

just finished the game clocking at 38hrs... not bad

I always try to answer who is the hardest boss in the game after completing a souls game but this time with Nioh... no one really stood out... maybe I'm just forgetting it.

Mitsunari and Saika Magoichi
very tense battles but other than that nothing comes to mind. So Gaf, who is the toughest of them all??

Yuki Onna is probably the toughest. Sakon is close.

My favorite bosses were Yuki-Onna, Magoichi and
Giant Toad

Trakan

So reforging is not exactly RNG? So you have to change a step when you save scum in order to get a different result?

I wonder if anyone will figure out their algorithm...

I can only hope it's a bug. I'm save scumming and have been at it for HOURS going for Change to Attack Dexterity A+. I can't imagine reforging legit with how it is now.

zewone

Living Weapon Reaper is OP

Dyboxzx.gif

Trakan

The way I would get mods to appear on slots that were frustrating me simply rerolling over and over would be rerolling multiple slots at once. It didn't dawn on me until today that what was most likely happening is what I described above, and I tested it out. It appears to be true.

I literally rerolled the same slot, and only that slot a thousand times.

I was trying to get Change to Attack (Body) to appear, but the only mods of that type that would show up were Change to Attack (Skill) B- and Change to Attack (Heart) A+. It absolutely would not ever produce any of the other stats. Similarly, all element types (including Paralysis) would appear but Poison and Earth.

After changing the slot above it once (doesn't seem to matter what slot you reroll either), after around ten rerolls of the initial slot, Change to Attack (Body) A+ appeared, and both Poison and Earth also appeared within a few rerolls.

Do you think the inherent transferable skill could have anything to do with this? I've gotten Change to Attack: Dexterity B- so many times but I can't seem to get A+. I'd believe if I was just unlucky, but I'm starting to wonder if that skill has something to do with it.

Nose Master

Mansies. Endgame mission spoilers:
I got Tachi down to 15% with only regen spell, once. I'm so horribly under leveled and geared, but I refuse to grind. :mad:.

Wait. Do you get i-frames while doing that running flail attack with DK, or is your hitbox just so quick and jank it's easy to dodge?

Mutombo

I decided to quit after during the boss that is a sort of copy of Nue (Nue is actually in front of this boss, if you want to) world 4. I just traded it in for Resident Evil 7.

I just - I don't know. No matter how fun the combat was, every fight was a repetition of the previous one. I didn't feel like I was conquering a world, I felt like I was going through the motions. I have to drag myself away from the TV with Souls games, but I sort of stop caring after an hour (or two) of Nioh play.

I would be interested in a part 2, more enemy variety, less but better bosses, and smart level design. The combat feels amazing, the game gives you a good challenge, but once you get the hang of your weapons and the right skills, the game will stop surprising you, and every death will become a nuisance, instead of an error that you have to learn from.

7/10.

KodaRuss

Saika
? He can be a pain but there are few things that make the fight bit easier.

He always seems to teleport behind you so when you see the teleport just turnaround and start attacking.

If he does any attack while he is up in the air go under him and attack. This will make him land on his face so you get a final blow and you can follow it up with whatever setup you use.

Yes, when I finally beat him I dont believe I even got hit. Just everything that could go wrong went wrong with me on that fight every time. He can just stun and put out so much damage quickly I died so fast. Next boss I beat on the first try. There is always one boss that just has my number in these games and many times they are not that hard in the end.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question about the (world 4)
sewers mission
:
I defeated Honda by destroying the crystals, and I feel bad. I wanna redo the mission and fight him. Is there anything special that happens if you defeat him legit? Can you even do that?

Also,
if you destroy the crystals in the level, the possessed soldiers seem to die, whereas if you fight them they just say "thank you" or "I'm ashamed" and stop being hostile. Does anything special happen if you "save" them all?

Yes/no answers are perfectly fine if possible :)

catspit

I'm going to have to force myself to stop playing this game now that I'm at NG+. At least until DLC drops...

All this farming/grinding/loot/stat based stuff is giving me anxiety. I'm doing the same stuff over and over again and for what? I have no idea. It doesn't give me a sense of progression yet I still want to keep going.

This is why I stopped playing games like Diablo and Destiny.

I think 90 hours put into the game is good for now.

Yeah.. Only point I would see is for the DLC or to help people in CO-OP.

Peroroncino

Guys, what was that -1 to set requirements talisman called? And how did you farm it? I completely forgot and google isn't too helpful either.

zewone

sewers mission
:
I defeated Honda by destroying the crystals, and I feel bad. I wanna redo the mission and fight him. Is there anything special that happens if you defeat him legit? Can you even do that?

Also,
if you destroy the crystals in the level, the possessed soldiers seem to die, whereas if you fight them they just say "thank you" or "I'm ashamed" and stop being hostile. Does anything special happen if you "save" them all?

I 'beat' him legit because I didn't know about the crystals killing him. He revived with full health so I then figured out to break the crystals.

Question about the (world 4) :

Also,

1. I believe it's doable without breaking the things; I don't recall breaking any of the things when I beat him. But you absolutely can't let him cast his regen spell.

2. I didn't notice that, so I don't know for sure, but I doubt anything different/special happens.
Guys, what was that -1 to set requirements talisman called? And how did you farm it? I completely forgot and google isn't too helpful either.

Yasakani Magatama. Ctrl-f this page for a reddit link.

You can post them now. Just hide the images in spoiler tags.

Hey, would you mind putting the gif you quoted in spoiler tags please? Some people just started playing the game and that spoils something pretty major.

It's edited, but I don't think spoiler tags like that work on mobile so I just took it off.

It's edited, but I don't think spoiler tags like that work on mobile so I just took it off.

Yeah I think you're right. Well, I know images still show up if in spoiler tags, but I don't know if gifs would auto-play. Gonna check.

Edit: Okay yeah, spoiler tagged gifs still show up in mobile as well :/. Well, nothing to be done.

Pompadour

Thats still a bunch work but that isn't the biggest problem. Problem is that in order to get that sub-mission I kinda need to respec. I have all my samurai points in kusarigama so dual swords would be at the starting condition meaning no kick, no dash ki pulse and no parry when using that weapon. While those are not mandatory the game does feel restricted when you don't have anything unlocked.

I just did it with the kick as the only unlock. The early game enemies are still easy, they just take and do more damage.

N° 2048

Yeah I think you're right. Well, I know images still show up if in spoiler tags, but I don't know if gifs would auto-play. Gonna check.

Edit: Okay yeah, spoiler tagged gifs still show up in mobile as well :/. Well, nothing to be done.
Just post link in spoiler tag. Don't use IMG tags.

sewers mission
:

The respective "Crusher" Title can only be obtained
if you beat him straight up and specifically in the Defiled Castle.

Thats still a bunch work but that isn't the biggest problem. Problem is that in order to get that sub-mission I kinda need to respec. I have all my samurai points in kusarigama so dual swords would be at the starting condition meaning no kick, no dash ki pulse and no parry when using that weapon. While those are not mandatory the game does feel restricted when you don't have anything unlocked.

It does feel restricted, but still it's not that much work. I got Single Kat, Spear, Kusarigama, and Axe to 500k Proficiency within 2-3 hours doing NG+ missions and I had 0 skills unlocked on any of them. Also dash ki pulse is a global skill. When you buy it on one weapon you have it on every weapon.

Baalzebup

Ladies and gents, please help: I can't seem to figure out how to parry with dual swords. I have the skill activated and upgraded(the one that says parry L1 + triangle). Tried many times with lesser fiends, but cant seem to be able to figure it out. Tips?
Yes, stop trying to parry any of the Fiends. You simply can't do it. Human enemies are parryable, though not *everything* they do is parryable. Some of the parry abilities extend to the human sized skeletons, but I've had issues with The Shrike even on those. And by issues I mean never been able to get it, even though I have the timing down for other enemies.

Freeman76

Loving NG+. Played for a few hours and not found a single upgrade though, is it mainly through drops or crafting that we upgrade?

Yes, stop trying to parry any of the Fiends. You simply can't do it. Human enemies are parryable, though not *everything* they do is parryable. Some of the parry abilities extend to the human sized skeletons, but I've had issues with The Shrike even on those. And by issues I mean never been able to get it, even though I have the timing down for other enemies.

I literally spent 10 minutes trying to parry a human sized skeleton after seeing this info in this thread a few days ago. I don't think it works.

EDIT: DERP, SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST.

I got a load of divine drops after the last boss and so far not found better. Will try some revs :)

Well at that point, disassemble divines into divine fragments and start crafting your own. Also you are now able to upgrade from +1 through +10 on gear you like. To do that, you have to soul match a +1 or higher gear to the desired gear.

+0 soul matched to +1 goes to +1.

+1 requires another +1 to go to +2.

+2 requires a +2.

Etc, etc.

Baalzebup

I literally spent 10 minutes trying to parry a human sized skeleton after seeing this info in this thread a few days ago. I don't think it works.

EDIT: DERP, SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST.
Haze and Water Shadow work for sure. It is the dual sword parries that don't seem to work on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom