• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haze and Water Shadow work for sure. It is the dual sword parries that don't seem to work on them.

:(. While I'm on this subject, I find it to be complete bullshit that we can't stance change in living weapon. Dual kat living weapon is so gimped. No access to windstorm or water sword because no high stance, and can't even parry even though the parries are mid stance, which is what living weapon is stuck in.

ALSO LOSES ACCESS TO FREAKING GOD OF WIND.

I literally spent 10 minutes trying to parry a human sized skeleton after seeing this info in this thread a few days ago. I don't think it works.

EDIT: DERP, SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST.

Yeah I can parry them with the Katana, but can't do one with the spear.

Haze and Water Shadow work for sure. It is the dual sword parries that don't seem to work on them.

The spear one doesn't seem to work either.

Baalzebup

The spear one doesn't seem to work either.
This actually sends me back on the memory lane to the Beta, where I noted that as well. I had some half-assed theories about how the 'knocked down' status of the skeletons is tied to their zero Ki state, unlike for humans who have different Ki rules. Because Twirl knocks them down without draining their Ki, I think they (the devs) just went 'derp' and made it not work on the skellies.

The same would apply to at least The Shrike, since it will also always finish with the enemy knocked down w/o making any kind of significant impact on the enemy Ki.
That's a really good point and is probably correct. Are there any other parries that leave the target standing? Although, doesn't the single katana parry where you stab them in the back of the head lead to knockdown?
It does so via the massive Ki damage, not because of the parry itself. Cause-and-effect and all that.

This actually send me back on the memory lane to the Beta, where I noted that as well. I had some half-assed theories about how the 'knocked down' status of the skeletons is tied to their zero Ki state, unlike for humans who have different Ki rules. Because Twirl knocks them down without draining their Ki, I think they (the devs) just went 'derp' and made it not work on the skellies.

The same would apply to at least The Shrike, since it will also always finish with the enemy knocked down w/o making any kind of significant impact on the enemy Ki.

That's a really good point and is probably correct. Are there any other parries that leave the target standing? Although, doesn't the single katana parry where you stab them in the back of the head lead to knockdown?

myco666

It does feel restricted, but still it's not that much work. I got Single Kat, Spear, Kusarigama, and Axe to 500k Proficiency within 2-3 hours doing NG+ missions and I had 0 skills unlocked on any of them. Also dash ki pulse is a global skill. When you buy it on one weapon you have it on every weapon.

I think it is considering it is just to unlock a sub-mission. Then again I don't enjoy replaying levels in this game so I guess that is why I think it is too much work.

They are universal? I swear I couldn't do it with spear equipped even if I had it unlocked in kusarigama. Guess I remember wrong.

gow3isben

Guys just checking up: Is this a PS4 exclusive or is it timed? And if not a true exclusive, which platforms will it come to? That other thread is giving me conflicting reports.

Guys just checking up: Is this a PS4 exclusive or is it timed? And if not a true exclusive, which platforms will it come to? That other thread is giving me conflicting reports.

There's no news one way or the other. I think Sony published out of Japan and there are very few instances of a Sony published game going multi platform.

Jingo

I need some help, i cant understand the stats on the weapons, i reached the first boss on the ship, i was having big troubles using a katana sword the familiarity at max, then i switched to one with lower stats and no familiarity and i was doing even more damage, but wasnt enough, i had a low stat masaraki axe, i used it and it was a night and day difference, staggering the boss, the damage it made, even if ir was a axe with much less stats then my firt sword, does the multiplier has any effect?

Therea just too much information on each weapon i never know what to choose:(

ChanMan

I need some help, i cant understand the stats on the weapons, i reached the first boss on the ship, i was having big troubles using a katana sword the familiarity at max, then i switched to one with lower stats and no familiarity and i was doing even more damage, but wasnt enough, i had a low stat masaraki axe, i used it and it was a night and day difference, staggering the boss, the damage it made, even if ir was a axe with much less stats then my firt sword, does the multiplier has any effect?

Therea just too much information on each weapon i never know what to choose:(

While viewing weapons if you press option button you can highlight each stat and it will explain what each one does.

Do I have complete first three region in order to unlock the rest? It's for the way of strong.
How does region 4 unlock in ng+

Not "complete". I only did region 1 and 2 and region 4 unlocked without me doing anything in region 3.

This training mission to unlock the spear mystic arts is a total joke in comparison with the sword one lol So fucking easy

I did all the weapon mystic art duels with no skills unlocked for any weapon (except dual katana because that's what I was maining). None of them are hard.

N° 2048

Just did the Axe mystic art dojo mission. What a joke how easy that was lol

Time to respec and try the Kusarigama.

Why am I still playing?

Just did the Axe mystic art dojo mission. What a joke how easy that was lol

Time to respect and try the Kusarigama.

Why am I still playing?

So part of my proficiency farming was fighting Tachibana NG+ with the weapons I had no skills unlocked for. It was still fairly easy on every weapon...except axe.

Axe with no skills against Tachibana NG+ is kinda painful/takes forever.

Kudo

All Mystic Arts unlocks were fairly easy if you've fought against revenants with the weapon.
What are todays Twilight Missions?

myco666

After messing around with spear I really feel like I made a bad choice when I decided to main kusarigama. Jumping around enemies feels great.

Alright, post game time. I talked shit about certain bosses but that was my anger getting the best of me. I thoroughly enjoyed the main missions all the way.

After messing around with spear I really feel like I made a bad choice when I decided to main kusarigama. Jumping around enemies feels great.
The spear is indeed awesome. I started out with dual swords but I ended up reaching max proficiency with the spear. It's a versatile weapons.

Well at that point, disassemble divines into divine fragments and start crafting your own. Also you are now able to upgrade from +1 through +10 on gear you like. To do that, you have to soul match a +1 or higher gear to the desired gear.

+0 soul matched to +1 goes to +1.

+1 requires another +1 to go to +2.

+2 requires a +2.

Etc, etc.

What's the best way to get +1 weapons? Just farming revenants?

JJShadow

Pretty much spammed Spearfall the entire fight.

Yeah, Spearfall is my favourite skill when fighting human bosses/revenants, there is something extremely satisfying about slamming people into the ground

Sword one was pathetic as well. Parry murders.

Well, at least in the sword one there is some challenge and the master is quite aggresive, but this spear master is so fucking passive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom