• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the hardest thing in this game only took 20 tries for me lol. You really need to pick your moments in that fight because there aren't many. Don't really see how anyone could say it is easy unless they use sloth or what have you.

Don't worry. Any day now, Synt will show us his video explaining why Shore is an easier fight than the tutorials where all you do is buy a skill.

Silvard

Pretty sure that's what my sword is. Has Change to Attack Spirit A+ and Fire elemental damage, among others.

Would you please be so kind as to equip it and leave a revenant at the start of The Disappearing Ranjatai?

Please add me to PSN so I can loot it off you: SilvardCT

Shouldn't pretty much all divine versions of this weapon meet that requirement? Y'know, besides the clearly fucked up ones that literally only have two effects for some reason.

No, the one you get from
killing the Orochi
has no inheritable trait spot, for instance.

Hobbes211

I wish the hardest thing in this game only took 20 tries for me lol. You really need to pick your moments in that fight because there aren't many. Don't really see how anyone could say it is easy unless they use sloth or what have you.

It ain't mandatory.

Lol! The only context missing from this is that it's probably attempt 900. When I finally finished I was already close to throwing my controller. I had tried using saki, every combination of buffs/spells. I'm just glad I don't have to ever do it again.

Would you please be so kind as to equip it and leave a revenant at the start of The Disappearing Ranjatai?

No, the one you get from
killing the Orochi

Right, but it seemed to me like the ones from that fight were all predetermined to have identical stats. Like, all the melee weapons I got from it had all the same attributes in the same order with the same values.

I'm checking my inventory/warehouse and seeing if I've got anything I can hook you up with.

Out of curiosity, why the interest in that weapon all of a sudden?

EDIT: Ohhh, I misread your requirement. I thought you just needed something with full slots. I'm guess you just don't want to have to keep reforging over and over again for one of the slots?

myco666

Lol! The only context missing from this is that it's probably attempt 900. When I finally finished I was already close to throwing my controller. I had tried using saki, every combination of buffs/spells. I'm just glad I don't have to ever do it again.

Come on, I am not that bad. It only took around 90 tries lol.

No, the one you get from
killing the Orochi

Oh shoot, just turned game on and saw it doesn't have inheritables. Sorry about that.

Wagram

Curious. What kind of build are you running and what is your loadout?

Mostly mid to light gear with Axe/Katana. I switch up depending on the situation. I use very little Omnyo/Ninjitsu, but I have a few spells like Cat Walking, Fire Weapon etc.

I mean...i dont think 1 person has replied to anything youve said besides me a week ago when i told you to put a blindfold on and play. At this point its amazing you're not about to finish nioh part 2 yet. Whats taking so long man?

I don't see how that matters. It's a message board and people share their opinions. I'm not demeaning anybody's skill level or saying the game is bad. If anything I think someone getting offended by my posts says more about them than I.

Silvard

Right, but it seemed to me like the ones from that fight were all predetermined to have identical stats. Like, all the melee weapons I got from it had all the same attributes in the same order with the same values.

I'm checking my inventory/warehouse and seeing if I've got anything I can hook you up with.

Out of curiosity, why the interest in that weapon all of a sudden?

EDIT: Ohhh, I misread your requirement. I thought you just needed something with full slots. I'm guess you just don't want to have to keep reforging over and over again for one of the slots?

Exactly. Thanks to GAF I have a great selection of inheritable traits I can simply transfer over, so that's at least one slot I don't have to worry about.

As for the interest in the sword: it's the highest base damage sword in the game. You sacrifice at least a two piece bonus from any set if you have a Yasakani Magatama, so I want to see how well it performs. I already have 99 spirit and skill.

I'm also interested in a pair of Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken (the dual swords with the Onmyo Damage Bonus) too if anyone has any, under the same conditions. 6 slots without an inheritable, or 7 with. Please check your stuff guys.

myco666

Oh that's your video? I dunno man, I really love this game but I couldn't put myself through that hell. I'm planning on getting the platinum, but that's some next level dedication.

I don't think its dedication. It is just me being stubborn as hell and not being a good learner.

Holy , fuck people who just run forward in co-op with no care in the world except themselves.

No bow, nothing.

Yeah I don't get why people don't 'communicate' and just keep on going. Worst are the ones that will just kick you out after you helped them in only one small section.

Exactly. Thanks to GAF I have a great selection of inheritable traits I can simply transfer over, so that's at least one slot I don't have to worry about.

As for the interest in the sword: it's the highest base damage sword in the game. You sacrifice at least a two piece bonus from any set if you have a Yasakani Magatama, so I want to see how well it performs. I already have 99 spirit and skill.

I'm also interested in a pair of Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken (the dual swords with the Onmyo Damage Bonus) too if anyone has any, under the same conditions. 6 slots without an inheritable, or 7 with. Please check your stuff guys.

Do you happen to know what the highest base damage dual kats are? Going by the ones I have it's Futatsu-mei Norimune & Hone-bami Toshiro but it's definitely possible I just haven't gotten the actual best base damage dual kats ever.

lol at the Obsidian Samurai being
a black dude.

He's a real person.

Silvard

Do you happen to know what the highest base damage dual kats are? Going by the I have it's Futatsu-mei Norimune & Hone-bami Toshiro but it's definitely possible I just haven't gotten the actual best base damage dual kats ever.

The Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken. I want to see if the Onmyo Damage Bonus conflicts with other damage special effects or if it's unique.

The Shichisei-ken & Heishishorin-ken. I want to see if the Onmyo Damage Bonus conflicts with other damage special effects or if it's unique.

I just spent 50k glory trying to get a Shichisei. No luck, lol. I had several purple ones before I beat the game the first time. Got rid of them all.

Do you happen to know what the highest base damage dual kats are? Going by the ones I have it's Futatsu-mei Norimune & Hone-bami Toshiro but it's definitely possible I just haven't gotten the actual best base damage dual kats ever.

He's a real person.

Why is that funny? He's based on an actual person.

What's there to lol about? He's a real person.

Didnt know it was a real person. Just thought he was called Obsidian Samurai because black armor then he was a black dude under it. Just thought the title was pretty 'fun'.

Definitely the hardest thing about the Plat. Took me like 20 tries. I couldn't do it without Sloth either. Had some badass in here tell me it ain't that hard, but it fucking is unless I missed some easy trick. Dragging the fast
Nobunaga
away from
the Ice Lady
and turning it into a temporary 1:1 is obviously the strategy though. I'd argue 95% of the players out there don't have the skill and/or patience to emerge victorious against these two.

Also starting the fight with a cannon shot to
Nobunaga's
face definitely helps as you can impale him instantly on the ground. That's how I started every single attempt.

It ain't mandatory.

Guys, you can do it! Don't give up! Most important thing is to learn the moves of both. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had "impossible" missions in co-op, but then suddenly players cracked the code and won again and again, still a challenge, but for some it became almost "easy". Study, practise and patience is the way to get better and it's pretty rewarding :) O is actually a pretty simple boss, when you can anticipate hes moves. I did a No Hit run without any magic or buffs, that requires patience that not all would go through. But there are better players than me, so believe in thyself.

I did do it. This thread helped me as in focusing
Nobunaga
first which I hadn't done on my own. I guess I found the more stationary target more appealing.

myco666

Guys, you can do it! Don't give up! Most important thing is to learn the moves of both. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 had "impossible" missions in co-op, but then suddenly players cracked the code and won again and again, still a challenge, but for some it became almost "easy". Study, practise and patience is the way to get better and it's pretty rewarding :) O is actually a pretty simple boss, when you can anticipate hes moves. I did a No Hit run without any magic or buffs, that requires patience that not all would go through. But there are better players than me, so believe in thyself.

Oh I did that fight already. Just laughing how garbage I am when it takes me 5 times more tries to beat any boss in this game compared to normal people. Probably have the highest death counter here lol.

Yeah, oh you did without buffs?

I didn't buff myself. I used Sloth though.

Also, after having increased my weapon proficiency with all 5 weapons to 500k for the trophy, I realized that the spear I used for the entirety of the game was probably the lowest DPS. Very good moveset but I wonder if some bosses appeared spongier to me than they would have with an Axe or a Sword or what have you. I used the Axe exclusively to farm revenants on Ohashi Bridge for the 60 patronage points as one or one and a half combos killed every revenant. No way to accomplish that with the spear.

Mentok

Banned
So I have a question for you all. I keep getting elemental damage on my duals (right now with +11 earth), but I never see the elemental stack when attacking enemies (i.e. no additional coloured attack values). Hasn't been showing for a few weapons. Is this because I'm using Itokuri as my GS and it's +30 paralysis? Like I genuinely don't get it.

Also, what's everyone capping their character at (like in DS1 where the majority stayed around 120-130 for PvP)? I'm thinking of hitting 120 and then stopping (at 80ish now). I definitely don't think I'm going to hit the 190s some people have (for farming purposes, I want to stay at a lower level).

Silvard

So I have a question for you all. I keep getting elemental damage on my duals (right now with +11 earth), but I never see the elemental stack when attacking enemies (i.e. no additional coloured attack values). Hasn't been showing for a few weapons. Is this because I'm using Itokuri as my GS and it's +30 paralysis? Like I genuinely don't get it.

Also, what's everyone capping their character at (like in DS1 where the majority stayed around 120-130 for PvP)? I'm thinking of hitting 120 and then stopping (at 80ish now). I definitely don't think I'm going to hit the 190s some people have (for farming purposes, I want to stay at a lower level).

Yes. It overrides your weapon's element.

I'm capping myself at 750.

There's no PvP yet. Also, consuming a respec book sets you back to level 1 and returns all the Amrita you gathered up to that level, at which point you are free to spend it as you wish. You can respec from level 200 and spend only enough Amrita to hit 120. Nioh is way more forgivable than the Souls games in that regard.

I just fought the dual kat mystic art guy in NG like 15 times trying to get Shichisei-ken for testing. No luck. Sorry. I give up for now, lol.

It would be ridiculous if Onmyo Magic A could stack with Change to Attack Skill though.

One thing I did find in my searching is this anecdote from reddit though:

I'm just gonna throw this out there. With 417 Onmyo Power and a bunch of other factors, my +5 Shichisei-ken has 1006 attack but is outdamaged by my Kogarasu-Maru at 1035 with just 25 Spirit and all that. Point being that I had a magic build and it wasn't enough for some reason. Sorry to burst bubbles, and if that minor damage difference of 29 attack doesn't bother you then keep trying for them!

But this doesn't mention whether they tried to put another scaling attribute onto it.

Peroroncino

How to unlock Muramasa skin? I've seen someone running around with it but I've platinumed the game and still don't have an option to buy it.

myco666

Yeah, actually I meant beating it without any help of those sorts. But I guess it did not come across, sry.

On my succesful run I might as well not have used any buffs because they barely helped at all. Quick Change activated almost immediately and power pill went into one attack.

dreamfall

Can someone explain reforging to me? Like if a weapon has some great attributes and I'd like to apply that to a new weapon , how is it done? I think I'm confused.

Thewonandonly

God I FUCKING suck at this game!!!!!

I can beat all the souls games no problem but this umbrella bitch has killed me non stop for the last week. I think when I get home I will fall in shame and summon someone :(

Mentok

Banned

Damn it, I knew it! I love using Itokuri, but don't want to have my elemental damage over-written! I guess I went a little too high in my Spirit slot.

There's no PvP yet. Also, consuming a respec book sets you back to level 1 and returns all the Amrita you gathered up to that level, at which point you are free to spend it as you wish. You can respec from level 200 and spend only enough Amrita to hit 120. Nioh is way more forgivable than the Souls games in that regard.

Oh snap, I didn't realize that. I guess I never really thought about how the respec system works, I just assumed you had to stay the level you're at.

EDIT:

Can someone explain reforging to me? Like if a weapon has some great attributes and I'd like to apply that to a new weapon , how is it done? I think I'm confused.

REFORGING: you can change a slot on your weapons/armour. It's RNG though. so you have to keep reforging to get what you want.
SOUL MATCHING: is when you take the property from a weapon that has the |>| symbol and apply it to another weapon. It will ONLY transfer if you have maxed the familiarity of the weapon you are destroying.

God I FUCKING suck at this game!!!!!

I can beat all the souls games no problem but this umbrella bitch has killed me non stop for the last week. I think when I get home I will fall in shame and summon someone :(

I would agree she's a pretty rough difficulty spike.
Her
Nue
and the aforementioned fight against
Nobunaga and the Ice Lady
are definitely the hardest challenges I felt. The game is a little (too) easy to up her, than gets pretty damn tough all of a sudden. It doesn't prepare you too well for the fight sadly, at which point you have to basically catch up with your mechanics because the game allowed you to slack off until that point.

I think i have that sword. Psn ehjee

KAOz

Short bus special
Didnt know it was a real person. Just thought he was called Obsidian Samurai because black armor then he was a black dude under it. Just thought the title was pretty 'fun'.

Fun fact. Everyone in this game is a real historical person.
Including William.

JJShadow

Wow man, just when I thought no other boss could be as difficult as
Yoki-Onna
, this
Ishida Mitsunari
shows up to kick my ass, that Living Weapon form is really deadly. I've only tried 3 or 4 times and I'm pretty sure I'll defeat him sooner than later, buy what strategy did you use? Mid-stance spear seems to be quite effective according to some guides

The mid stance thrust on the spear got me through the entire game honestly. Felt like Dark Souls' pre-nerf Claymore. I switched it up occasionally because doing one move all game ain't that exciting but there was no need really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom