• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

slade

God I FUCKING suck at this game!!!!!

I can beat all the souls games no problem but this umbrella bitch has killed me non stop for the last week. I think when I get home I will fall in shame and summon someone :(

I died a lot on her too until I realized I could exploit one or two moves over and over to beat her. Specifically the L1 ∆ ∆ moves for my dual swords. The same strategy served me well against the next two bosses who I steamrolled. My two cents, pick a move that works best for you and just build your offense/defense strategy around it. For the boss after her, I used the running slash move with the dual swords and he went down in two tries.

Twookie

God I FUCKING suck at this game!!!!!

I can beat all the souls games no problem but this umbrella bitch has killed me non stop for the last week. I think when I get home I will fall in shame and summon someone :(

The mobs and chests in the level drops quite a lot of antiparalytic needles which you can use to dispel her paralysis if you get hit, you should consider adding that to your shortcuts.

also you can prepare omnyo scrolls that give resistance against paralysis

GL

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
just got gloves with the perfect 20 attack roll was drowning in 19.
Have people theory crafted the best in slot weapons for each type yet? Any weapons in there that are part of a set where the first set boni is that good to skip out on the last stat slot?

This is going to sound so pretentious but, why did they call some bosses by their mythological names and some not. I mean the
Ogress
could have easily been Onibaba or Kijo. I mean I can understand
Giant Toad
to some degree since it isn't meant to be Jiraiya but...idk, irks me.

Espada

This is going to sound so pretentious but, why did they call some bosses by their mythological names and some not. I mean the
Ogress
Giant Toad

All I know is that it killed me to see this in the bestiary:

Nioh Yokai Illustration said:
Giant Toad
(pronounced
"Giant Toad"
)

That goofy localization team forgot some as and apostrophes in some text entries but decided to slip that in.

Silvard

just got gloves with the perfect 20 attack roll was drowning in 19.
Have people theory crafted the best in slot weapons for each type yet? Any weapons in there that are part of a set where the first set boni is that good to skip out on the last stat slot?

20 attack inheritable?

So far the only 2 set bonuses for weapons which increase damage are Atagi Sadamune (Final Blow damage +15%) and Hikoemon Ichimonji (+30% damage while critical). That's assuming you're using just the weapon to form a 2 set bonus with the Yasakani Magatama. If you are wearing armor to get bonuses then that's something else, and you probably know what you want depending on your play style.

The highest attack weapons of each type are not part of a set, but tend to have a static special effect (or more than one). Either way, only 2 special effects which directly affect damage can be on a weapon at the same time, so the set "slot" isn't really much of a sacrifice. In weapons that aren't part of a set or have no static special effect you can't get 7 special effects anyway, so there is no reason not to go with a set weapon or one with static special effects.

Ogress
Giant Toad

Kijo is her name in the Japanese game, as for the other boss is named Otomeko.

Twookie

That goofy localization team forgot some as and apostrophes in some text entries but decided to slip that in.

Localization in general has been pretty shoddy for this game tbh. Some things are just so incredibly vaguely written to the point where you're never sure what they've written is actually supposed to mean, like for example the "Ki Pulse while dodging" skill description.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
20 attack inheritable?

So far the only 2 set bonuses for weapons which increase damage are Atagi Sadamune (Final Blow damage +15%) and Hikoemon Ichimonji (+30% damage while critical). That's assuming you're using just the weapon to form a 2 set bonus with the Yasakani Magatama. If you are wearing armor to get bonuses then that's something else, and you probably know what you want depending on your play style.

The highest attack weapons of each type are not part of a set, but tend to have a static special effect (or more than one). Either way, only 2 special effects which directly affect damage can be on a weapon at the same time, so the set "slot" isn't really much of a sacrifice. In weapons that aren't part of a set or have no static special effect you can't get 7 special effects anyway, so there is no reason not to go with a set weapon or one with static special effects.

Yes inheritable.
As for the static special effects thing I haven't looked closely on all the weapons but I felt like the set slot is most of the time a sacrifice because lots of weapons have elemental dmg as static effect anyway.

For example I'm running Fudo Kuniyuki & Yagen Toshiro currently which only had fire as it's fixed effect the other 6 slots were full customizable with me adding the 6th per inheritance.

brawly

This endboss...

ublwt.gif

Silvard

Yes inheritable.
As for the static special effects thing I haven't looked closely on all the weapons but I felt like the set slot is most of the time a sacrifice because lots of weapons have elemental dmg as static effect anyway.

For example I'm running Fudo Kuniyuki & Yagen Toshiro currently which only had fire as it's fixed effect the other 6 slots were full customizable with me adding the 6th per inheritance.

Please share :D

Yeah, but if you go through 5 special effects then what's left is usually Break or Parry or Guard Ki reduction or things like that, and it's debatable whether those beat out the damage reduction and 2 piece set bonus from a set.

6 slots (not counting the set one) is usually more than enough to get the most important special effects in:

1. Element
  2. Close Combat Attack/Familiarity Damage Bonus
  3. Close Combat Ki Reduction
  4. Close Combat Ki Damage
  5. Change to Attack (Stat) A+
  6. Healing Ability/Critical Effect/Finishing Blow/Etc

If unless you're specializing a lot, and it's not covered by a set bonus, you don't really give up much for that slot.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah there not being a 7th non conflicting stat to beat out 2 set boni at minimum is a good point. Yeah we gotta do another gaf farming session again need to stock up on materials nearing the full finish on ng+(- the mystic arts onmyou mission cause it fucking stupid xD stop giving me wooded weapons against yokai you dum dums),

Please share :D

Yeah, but if you go through 5 special effects then what's left is usually Break or Parry or Guard Ki reduction or things like that, and it's debatable whether those beat out the damage reduction and 2 piece set bonus from a set.

6 slots (not counting the set one) is usually more than enough to get the most important special effects in:
  1. Element
  2. Close Combat Attack/Familiarity Damage Bonus
  3. Close Combat Ki Reduction
  4. Close Combat Ki Damage
  5. Change to Attack (Stat) A+
  6. Healing Ability/Critical Effect/Finishing Blow/Etc

If unless you're specializing a lot, and it's not covered by a set bonus, you don't really give up much for that slot.

I've never used elemental dual kats that weren't elemental inherently. Is it possible to get elements even on special named dual kats that don't have an element (like Futatsu-mei)?

Finally beat Two Kings sidequest. I gave up after getting slaughtered and just moved onto NG+. Leveled up a bunch and was able to easily beat them with better gear and stats.

Trakan

Do skills count as close combat damage? I'm guessing no if there are specific skill damage modifiers, but I figure someone knows more than I do.

brawly

Just finished it. Great game. Not flawless but a fantastic first effort. Can't wait for more.

Had a little under 30 hours btw, did about a third of the side-missions. No twilight missions.

Silvard

I've never used elemental dual kats that weren't elemental inherently. Is it possible to get elements even on special named dual kats that don't have an element (like Futatsu-mei)?

Yup. I'm currently using the pair from the Master Swordman set with fire on them. It's a special effect like any other, it's not even that rare.

Yeah there not being a 7th non conflicting stat to beat out 2 set boni at minimum is a good point. Yeah we gotta do another gaf farming session again need to stock up on materials nearing the full finish on ng+(- the mystic arts onmyou mission cause it fucking stupid xD stop giving me wooded weapons against yokai you dum dums),

Yeah. Looking forward to getting those perfect gloves.

Since our last Ranjatai Bazaar I've also managed to acquire inheritable Close Combat Attack Life Drain. It's not that great on level 150 weapons compared to other life recovery options but it's super rare so it's there for the taking.

zma1013

Apparently you can run out of room to hold stuff. I just wasn't bothering to sort through anything, then all of a sudden I couldn't pick any weapons or armor up.

psychotron

I'm currently level 40. I get through levels and sub levels pretty well so far. A twilight mission opened up with a difficulty of 3, and I've done other missions at 5 with minimal trouble. Well I'm getting wrecked. Everyone is powerful as fuck with tons of HP. How do you do this? Lol.

IvorB

Any recommendations? Pretty much still only using Onmyo and nothing in Ninja tree looks good enough to give up a slot for.

Make sure you look through all the ninja passives. Some of them are great. Oh and the Sneak Attack move is for all weapons I think.

Yup. I'm currently using the pair from the Master Swordman set with fire on them. It's a special effect like any other, it's not even that rare.

My intention is to wear 3 of the Master Swordsman set to trigger +30% damage to Sign of the Cross with Yasakani (I still don't have mine though). I'd like the sword to be one of the 3 pieces.

Not sure what I'll do for my other 3 pieces of armor/ranged weapon.

I really like Fudo Kuniyuki as my fire weapon so I want to make the Master Swordsman dual kats water.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
It's super stupid that enemy projectiles can travel through other enemies. It would be fair if they simply hit the other enemies and didn't do any damage, but to get tagged by a fast moving projectile that you don't see coming and it travels through another few enemies is bullshit.

Silvard

My intention is to wear 3 of the Master Swordsman set to trigger +30% damage to Sign of the Cross with Yasakani (I still don't have mine though). I'd like the sword to be one of the 3 pieces.

Not sure what I'll do for my other 3 pieces of armor/ranged weapon.

I wish that set weren't that heavy. Kingo's is always great. 3 pieces would give you 20% damage from behind no it wouldn't, but you'll likely be over 70% weight. The only other set with a bonus to a dual swords skill is The Righteous Strategist .

I wish that set weren't that heavy. Kingo's is always great. 3 pieces would give you 20% damage from behind, but you'll likely be over 70% weight. The only other set with a bonus to a dual swords skill is The Righteous Strategist .

Yeah, too bad Moon Shadow is a shit skill for causing damage, so the 30% boost makes no sense. And yeah, the Master Swordsman set is heavy, that's why the plan is to only wear the two lightest pieces of the armor; the sword doesn't count toward weight.

I'm thinking maybe 2 pieces of Demon King's for an inherent Enemies Defeated Damage Bonus B which would affect all my weapons.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Looking forward to getting those perfect gloves.

Since our last Ranjatai Bazaar I've also managed to acquire inheritable Close Combat Attack Life Drain. It's not that great on level 150 weapons compared to other life recovery options but it's super rare so it's there for the taking.

Need to widen our net to not only weapons with good inheritable but weapons with perfect base rolls on 1 stat you would prefer to not inherit.
Also I feel people currently like the scale stats a lot but honestly from screwing around I feel like you can manipulate the stat pools with divine weapon that the scale affixes appear at a pretty decent rate. I feel like saving the inherit slot for another perfect roll stat seems best.

I wish that set weren't that heavy. Kingo's is always great. 3 pieces would give you 20% damage from behind, but you'll likely be over 70% weight. The only other set with a bonus to a dual swords skill is The Righteous Strategist .

I could do:

Master Swordsman sword
Master Swordsman armor 1
Master Swordsman armor 2
Demon King's armor 1
Demon King's armor 2
Kingo 1

This would give me (from set bonuses only):

from Master Swordsman
------
Damage Reduction 2.0%
Skill Ki reduction 12.2%
Close Combat Damage 10.2%
Sign of the Cross damage 30%
------
from Demon King
------
Damage Reduction 1.5%
<single kat skill improvement I won't use>
Enemies Defeated Damage Bonus B
------
from Kingo.
------
Damage Reduction 1.5%
Final Blow Damage +15% (which would put me at +50% final blow with my other stuff)

Jesus this sounds fucking sexy to me.

Silvard

Need to widen our net to not only weapons with good inheritable but weapons with perfect base rolls on 1 stat you would prefer to not inherit.
Also I feel people currently like the scale stats a lot but honestly from screwing around I feel like you can manipulate the stat pools with divine weapon that the scale affixes appear at a pretty decent rate. I feel like saving the inherit slot for another perfect roll stat seems best.

I agree. I save my inherit slot exclusively for CCD +20%. I'd rather reforge the scaling effect in, perfect CCD is much much rarer, but most people are content to get Familiarity A+ which is easy to get and just inherit the scaling one. They're popular which is why I keep them for people.

I've also started a collection of weapon that rolled innately with scaling effect or other max value effects, but it's not that big yet. So far I have Heart A+ Nami-oyogi and Tengu-kiri (this one has gone around a lot) and Body A+ Akaoni no Sankaku.

N° 2048

Ok, I'm good.

What an experience this game was. 100 fucking hours put in. Will do more NG+ stuff once DLC hits but onto Nier now! (getting from HK store today).

A couple trophies away from the Plat too but I'll do that later down the line.

One of the best games I've played in recent years. I can't wait for the DLC.

Damn. I'm gonna need to get my max equip weight to 50.5 to wear the mixed set I detailed above if I want to stay under 70%.

EDIT: By my calculation, this would be at around 42-44 Stamina.

Ugh.

I might need to give up on the Demon King part of my set idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom