• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you spec 15 points in magic or ninjitsu, beat the corresponding Adept dojo missions, and then respec to less points in those stats, will you still retain the ability to train skills that unlocked when you to beat the Adept trainings?

Atkison04

What is the quickest way to farm for plus 3 or 4 weapons? I'm kind of hitting a wall with soul matching beyond plus 4. Any tips? Thanks!

Stupid question, but is the attack damage displayed on the weapon the absolute damage it does, or is there some scaling done not shown? Does it factor in all special effects when determining that number?

Nose Master

Is the attack seemingly going down just because the familiarity is resetting to zero then?

WTF, you can get patronage levels just by speaking to the blacksmith? I've gotten 20-30 for
just speaking to both of them a bunch of times and making some simple dialogue choices.

okay that tracking for those ice spears is pretty insane. Any tips for the
Yuki-onna boss or whatever her name is

Edit: did everyone already abandon Nioh for Nier :(

Fandangox

okay that tracking for those ice spears is pretty insane. Any tips for the
Yuki-onna boss or whatever her name is

Edit: did everyone already abandon Nioh for Nier :(

Block it. If you are at the point where she spams more than 3 of those when she uses it, go low stance evade for the first wave, and try to block the rest.

psychotron

I was having some trouble getting beyond Umi-Bozu's second phase. Summoned someone and he killed the boss in 10 fucking seconds. I'm blown away.

mrmickfran

Umi-Bozu is giving me Dark Souls 2 flashbacks of CONSTANTLY FALLING DOWN THE FUCKING PIT

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT ONE HIT KILL
GODDAMN

Wagram

The final area (or what i'm assuming is the final area) looks really cool.

Also that feeling where you don't die all day only to walk off a cliff like a dumb ass. lol

Alo0oy

Banned
If you spec 15 points in magic or ninjitsu, beat the corresponding Adept dojo missions, and then respec to less points in those stats, will you still retain the ability to train skills that unlocked when you to beat the Adept trainings?

Yup, that's what I did, I leveled dex to 20 to access the mystic arts and then I respec'd.

Well my guess is that Kijo and Otomeko are general names,
"demon woman" and "big toad"
. While Hino-Enma and Yuki-Onna are very specific Youkai creatures?

I don't know lol

Yuki-onna is Japanese folklore and means snow women, you can read on it on wiki. She is a real yokai in Japanese folklore.

Yuki-onna (雪女?, snow woman) is a spirit or yōkai in Japanese folklore. She is a popular figure in Japanese literature, film, and animation.

Yuki-onna is Japanese folklore and means snow women, you can read on it on wiki. She is a real yokai in Japanese folklore.

Yuki-onna (雪女?, snow woman) is a spirit or yōkai in Japanese folklore. She is a popular figure in Japanese literature, film, and animation.

I know that's when I realize my 'logic' fell apart lol. I have no idea why they translated those three bosses, including
Byakko

But not the others

ironcreed

Banned
The fight with the giant ghost ninja wielding the axe on the bridge is probably my favorite encounter so far. It was just so Ninja Gaiden as I danced around him, took my time and sliced him up with my katana. Good stuff.

ChanMan

Ogress just became the hardest boss I have faced so far. Not sure what I am doing wrong I didn't even struggle with Yuki-Onna like this as I beat her on the 3rd try.

Wagram

Final story boss is a battle with the camera.

Finished the two kings quest as well. Definitely one of the tougher fights. Took 3 tries. Almost had it 2nd but I got killed for being greedy!

Opa-Pa

Rached the mines today after having fun clearing every side quest so far and,

Not the game's highest point, I take it. And I enjoy Blighttown.

NG+ end-game question:
Do you have to clear every mission to unlock the tower of london mission? I've clear the first 4 areas and then mostly just the main missions from the last two areas.

Cathcart

Last region and I still don't know how you unlock the two special skills on each skill page. The onmyo one that lets you instant cast sounds really cool. Anyone know how I unlock it?

This game wants me to re spec to single sword so badly. I get so many purple swords and barely any dualies.

I respecced like 3 times during my playthrough so far. I was a Ninja with a kusari, then I respecced to be a better ninja with kusari and sword, respecced cuz i didnt like sword and now im a Tank Axe/Kusurigama with Kunai, Shuryukens, and fire skuryukins maxed out so i can juggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom