• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. There is a treasure chest surrounded by flames and rubble near the first kodama shrine in the mission Immortal Flame. How in the hell do I get to it?

Destroy one of the water barrels and blaze through the flame. You'll get a water buff which will allow you to do that.

Dubz

Re specced to sword and dual katanas. I'm going light armor, and spear just felt to cumbersome. Plus I keep getting amazing swords, which made it an easy decision.

Silvard

Hm.

So the question is then, 30% or 70%? I thought I could tell a difference but I didn't know if it was placebo and I was just playing poorly.

To echo what others have said, it depends on how you feel most comfortable. It's not like you become some sort of immovable object, you're still pretty agile at the 30% <--> 70% bracket. And over 70% too, for that matter. Ki consumption is the biggest issue but the game gives you a lot of tools (Ki pulse, Ki flux, Kekkai, Spirit Guardians, Sacred Water, armor special effects) to mitigate it.

cheesekao

Does anybody have a guide on how to build an unlimited ammo set? I'm guessing you have to you use Yatagarasu as a spirit and the Yatagarasu armor(does the text drop from the boss?) but trying to get unlimited ammo through reforging is pretty tough.

Fuck those gawdamn skull spawns in NG+ battle on the bridge against the axeman and raven tengu.. I was so close and then got sniped by one of them by surprise..

I was surprised. I one-shot the axe guy with a single parry. The tengu and heads died when he did.

ohhhhh maybe i should focus on him.. my strat was to kill the tengu first then move on to the axeman

Edit: beat it same way i beat axeman first time. Kusurigama low stance and push him into water. yee

Silvard

Is there an efficient way to farm the titles for killing humans with different weapons?

At the end of A Defiled Mountain, just before the boss. Get the nearby shrine and run into the group of enemies near the bonfire. A lookout will sound the horn to alert all nearby enemies (all humans) and you'll have a bunch of them to kill.

I am convinced that a proper axe build is the way to go. All the power of killing bosses in seconds with no sudden deaths due to no armor or toughness. Currently clearing NG+ quickly with no issues, while earning the "kill this boss without getting hit" titles. I use the "overload" build with the Kaido set, Atlas Bear, Mononobe Axe, and an "out of ki" mystic art. Just buff up and debuff with magic then do 2 combos (I don't have a +5 weapon yet to one shot) and the fight is over.

It isn't good for farming millions of Amrita or whatever since you move slow, but I don't really see a point in leveling past 150 when things are easy enough as is.

Plus, everyone uses the damn crimson set along with a katana or spear. You can be a "cool" kid with an axe.

Has anyone spoke to Danjo of the hidden tea house? There are two very curious things that he says:

1) A dialogue about the average soldier being easily deceived by people wearing the same uniform... has anyone tried to see if enemy soldiers have decreased aggro range if you wear all of their gear? Or even just transmog

2) A dialogue about the Hiragumo,

"When the mood is right, Hiragumo has the curious power to present to you people buried deep within the recesses of your memory. However, it cannot present women. If you want to really know a woman, you have to... Heh heh. well, I had better not divulge any further. You are not ready for such information. Go see the world first."

That is oddly specific

Press r3 on menu

jtfp.gif

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Any legit patch notes for 1.05?
Other than apparently nuking all of my non-equipped, non-locked inventory, including thousands of mats, all of my ammo, and all of my consumables and other items.

/sigh

I've been away from the game since Thursday.

Finally found a copy at a local BB ($5 off stack with GCU renewal). Going through a temp layoff, so I might have the time to dive in a bit before Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild.

Jimrpg

I am convinced that a proper axe build is the way to go. All the power of killing bosses in seconds with no sudden deaths due to no armor or toughness. Currently clearing NG+ quickly with no issues, while earning the "kill this boss without getting hit" titles. I use the "overload" build with the Kaido set, Atlas Bear, Mononobe Axe, and an "out of ki" mystic art. Just buff up and debuff with magic then do 2 combos (I don't have a +5 weapon yet to one shot) and the fight is over.

It isn't good for farming millions of Amrita or whatever since you move slow, but I don't really see a point in leveling past 150 when things are easy enough as is.

Plus, everyone uses the damn crimson set along with a katana or spear. You can be a "cool" kid with an axe.

YES! That's what I wanted to hear. I randomly picked axe for its higher initial damage. Good to know it holds up later!

What do you mean no sudden deaths due to no armor or toughness? Doesn't no armour mean you can get one shotted easier?

Phew, my playtime is at 209 hours and 18 minutes. This is with at least 40 hours of having the game on while passed out asleep, but that's still 169 hours of active play.

Is there any thing you can do to prevent or stop (Region 4 sub boss spoiler:)
Honda Tadakatsu from healing? This is the first time I've seen a boss heal to full health lol. I've eventually defeated him by spamming spearfall with him in a corner... Flux II was amazing for keeping up my Ki.

Aenima

Is there any thing you can do to prevent or stop (Region 4 sub boss spoiler:)
Honda Tadakatsu from healing? This is the first time I've seen a boss heal to full health lol. I've eventually defeated him by spamming spearfall with him in a corner... Flux II was amazing for keeping up my Ki.

All u had to do in that fight was
destroy the 3 cristals and the guy would be K.O.

Aenima

No, I mean the real fight later.

when he summons his Guardian spirit it puts a buff on him that can healing him over time to full.

Oh, I dont remember having any kind of trouble against him. I usually just do some dodges to get behind the bosses and spam attacks, i probably interrupted his moves. I was checking my youtube cuz i have been uploading all main boss fights but did not uploaded that one.

Deku Tree

Some information on the Agility levels:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/75035181

Seems like there isn't a huge difference between A and B, but there's a large drop-off for C. I'm thinking B might be the way to go.

I could feel a big difference in movement speed between A and B. You have time to get extra hits in.

"A and B Agility have the same dash speed"

Yeah I didn't feel that way when I was running A agility

RexNovis

Banned
Some information on the Agility levels:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/75035181

Seems like there isn't a huge difference between A and B, but there's a large drop-off for C. I'm thinking B might be the way to go.

This is definitely wrong. There is a big difference in sprint, dodge and Ki recovery speeds between A and B.

At what magic level comes after Omyno mage adapt? what are some good Omyno magic scrolls?

You need magic at lvl 20 for the final level of Onmyo magic

Defense dropping scroll, lifesteal, Spirit Summon scroll are all super useful. Sloth can straight up make almost any enemy a piece of cake.

My personal favorite is the shadowround talismans as they give you a high chance of not consuming projectors which for my ninjutsu build applies to bombs, shuriken, kunai and even projectile based spells along with ammo so it's super super useful.

Oh, I dont remember having any kind of trouble against him. I usually just do some dodges to get behind the bosses and spam attacks, i probably interrupted his moves. I was checking my youtube cuz i have been uploading all main boss fights but did not uploaded that one.

Huh... I guess it's one of those moves that if you keep the pressure on him he doesn't do it...

Jombie

Picked this back up after a long break, mostly due to illness, but beat Umi-Bozu after a few tries. Also went back through the previous zones to get all the kodamas.

So I've beaten every mission with the exception of the Twilight missions, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to go for the platinum or not. How did y'all find the experience to be? How much of a grind am I in for? I have 60% of the trophies right now, but the rest I'm assuming won't be easy.

PusherT

This is definitely wrong. There is a big difference in sprint, dodge and Ki recovery speeds between A and B.

You need magic at lvl 20 for the final level of Onmyo magic

Defense dropping scroll, lifesteal, Spirit Summon scroll are all super useful. Sloth can straight up make almost any enemy a piece of cake.

My personal favorite is the shadowround talismans as they give you a high chance of not consuming projectors which for my ninjutsu build applies to bombs, shuriken, kunai and even projectile based spells along with ammo so it's super super useful.

Does the shadowround talisman combo with the element shot magic (watershot/firehot etc)?

Three more patronage points until the platinum. What a trash garbage trophy.

So I've beaten every mission with the exception of the Twilight missions, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to go for the platinum or not. How did y'all find the experience to be? How much of a grind am I in for? I have 60% of the trophies right now, but the rest I'm assuming won't be easy.

Most of them aren't bad. The blacksmith one (as you see in my comment) is by far the worst.

Going to try to expand my horizons and learn all the weapons. Already know axe and Kusu. Now attempting dual swords.

NG+ and Tori Gate give more profiecency points right?

Edit: Also I enjoy fighting Umi Bozu now. Its a fun fight (when you light all fires)

No, I mean the real fight later.

when he summons his Guardian spirit it puts a buff on him that can healing him over time to full.
The way I did it was to get in his face and interrupt him whenever his spirit came out, whether it was to attack or heal. Taking a hit from it never caused much damage, so it seems to have been the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom