• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Yeah. And getting clipped during a dodge does suck. Because sometimes when it happens, I don't notice I actually got hit, and suddenly it's like "Wait, when did my health get that low?"

It's still better than getting interrupted and combo'd to death. Probably the way to go is mix mage gear (for the +defense from magic) and some Heavy armor.... Or just pure medium lol? But none of the medium armor have magic or spirit defense buff :v

Btw, have people figured out how you get recipe for non-boss gear? I've just completed the (region 6 sub quest)
Ghost of Sawayama
and collected the final magatama. Upon visiting the blacksmith I found out I could now finally craft Onmyou gear, but I don't know if it's because I've completed the quest or because I gave the magatama.

It's still better than getting interrupted and combo'd to death. Probably the way to go is mix mage gear (for the +defense from magic) and some Heavy armor.... Or just pure medium lol? But none of the medium armor have magic or spirit defense buff :v

My final main set is 3 light and 2 heavy. 3x red demon and 2x master swordsman. Being in the Ii clan, I get +8% toughness that increases the more pieces of red demon I'm wearing, which puts me at 258 toughness total. So a mix of light and heavy does work pretty well.

vgrr7X.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VwsTbOl50

wat

that was in the twilight mission right? same thing happened to me when i was leveling up and i panicked lol almost messed up and put a point in magic instead of spirit

but when you are praying it seems you are invincible because i didnt receive any damage

Any idea what would be good to transfer to my Gozutenno Axe? It has...

CC attack Ki reduction
Wind
CC life recovery
CC damage
Change to attack stamina
With high attack break the transferable skill right now (only a white skill)

I assume you can't have 2 change to attack stats, so I'm not sure what would be optimal.

Any idea what would be good to transfer to my Gozutenno Axe? It has...

CC attack Ki reduction
Wind
CC life recovery
CC damage
Change to attack stamina
With high attack break the transferable skill right now (only a white skill)

I assume you can't have 2 change to attack stats, so I'm not sure what would be optimal.

If you're happy with everything else, consider:

Close Combat Ki Damage
or
Guard Ki Reduction.

Personally, I don't think any of the healing attributes are worth a slot. On all my weapons I take Final Blow Damage instead of a healing attribute.

And you're right, only one "Change to Attack <Stat>" attribute.

-NeoTB1-

I'm finally getting this today. I didn't pre-order and Amazon went OOS pretty much right after launch. I would have gone somewhere else, but the Prime discount + lingering Amazon credit was too much to pass up. Excited to finally dive into it.

I'm finally getting this today. I didn't pre-order and Amazon went OOS pretty much right after launch. I would have gone somewhere else, but the Prime discount + lingering Amazon credit was too much to pass up. Excited to finally dive into it.

Welcome. Chaos2Frozen and I need company keeping this thread alive.

Close Combat Ki Damage
or
Guard Ki Reduction.

Personally, I don't think any of the healing attributes are worth a slot. On all my weapons I take Final Blow Damage instead of a healing attribute.

I would second adding on Final Blow Damage, from an axe user here as well.

LAM09

Finally got my copy this weekend. I haven't had much time to play it, but I've reached Japan. Seem to know the level like I played the alpha yesterday.

I thought I needed more twilight missions to unlock the 100% trophy, but doing the 20 magic mission gave it to me. I did that mission on my other save, so I wasn't thinking I'd need to redo it.

Just starting up region 3 in this 100% of missions NG+ run. It's going to be difficult for any game to top this for GOTY.

I am not sure if it's known but I have found a glitch in "A meeting on the other shore" that breaks
Yuki-Onna
's AI, which basically allows you to
fight against Nobunaga alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NZpW-AfXm4

There is a bar on the lower right of the map. Clearing main and side missions will fill it and you unlock more regions the more you fill it.

If you just want to spend money, I would forge a huge amount of armour, sell it and forge again. If you are talking about farming for lategame gear, reforging, soul matching and forging are all good options

Thanks for the help. For the smith question I was wondering what will get me the best gear in the game.

hyp

how does Final Blow damage work anyway? thinking about it logically, shouldn't a "final" blow be the last attack to down an enemy? does this essentially increase damage so that your chances of landing a final blow are higher?

FrankWza

Welcome. Chaos2Frozen and I need company keeping this thread alive.

I will pop in and out as well. Im 3 trophies from plat but i just got Nier so im gonna bang that out before dlc and finish my plat. I still want to play nioh though just to play sone of my favorite levels in ng+. Im glad im all set with the season pass

taybul

how does Final Blow damage work anyway? thinking about it logically, shouldn't a "final" blow be the last attack to down an enemy? does this essentially increase damage so that your chances of landing a final blow are higher?

I think it's just a name for the move you perform on a downed enemy. A lot of titles for things in this game don't seem to do what you think it would.

cyress8

Banned
Howd you do that?

Saisetsu-shin's Sake + Armor with Amrita Earned + Attack on every piece + Ranged Weapons with Amrita Earned on Yokai Kills + Suzaku Guardian Spirit @ lvl 30
Go to "The Demon Revealed" on NG+
Put yourself at critical health - pop living weapon ( lasts longer and hits harder when at critical health)
Kill Everything!

Get 120 Million xp every run now.

Only thing you really need would be some spirit stones which you can get in bulk from the mission "The Ghost of Sawayama" and you can keep it up to the end.

FrankWza

Saisetsu-shin's Sake + Armor with Amrita Earned + Attack on every piece + Ranged Weapons with Amrita Earned on Yokai Kills + Suzaku Guardian Spirit @ lvl 30
Put yourself at critical health - pop living weapon ( lasts longer and hits harder when at critical health)
Kill Everything!

Only thing you really need would be some spirit stones which you can get in bulk from the mission "The Ghost of Sawayama" and you can keep it up to the end.

Damn. Ok thanks. I got a lot of that sake i never touched. I actually used some branches so i wouldnt lose amrita when i went back to get my missing kodamas and springs but i wouldn't have sweated the amrita if i knew about this.
Edit:
What is the last level amrita upgrade like 30 mil or something?

I just beat Nue last night. This game is excellent. At what point in the game do I need to start worrying about upgrading or forging weapons and armor as opposed to just finding them from enemies I kill? Are there any forging/upgrading guides out there anyone would recommend. This game is really deep and I feel like I have only scratched the surface.

I just beat Nue last night. This game is excellent. At what point in the game do I need to start worrying about upgrading or forging weapons and armor as opposed to just finding them from enemies I kill? Are there any forging/upgrading guides out there anyone would recommend. This game is really deep and I feel like I have only scratched the surface.

Forging nets the best returns in NG+, because before that, you're only going to have a 1/3 chance of rolling a one-of-a-kind even if you use all purple materials on any single piece of gear. As you said, definitely better off just finding stuff. Reforge if you really want to, but you're probably going to keep finding even better things.

What weapon do you use? The game throws more swords at you than you could ever use, while some of the others can be on the rare side if the RNG gods are unkind. You don't need to over think it, though. Just dismantle most of the gear you find, then forge a weapon that doesn't use a rare material until you get a nice blue or purple.

cyress8

Banned
Damn. Ok thanks. I got a lot of that sake i never touched. I actually used some branches so i wouldnt lose amrita when i went back to get my missing kodamas and springs but i wouldn't have sweated the amrita if i knew about this.
Edit:
What is the last level amrita upgrade like 30 mil or something?

It caps at 10 million xp needed per level once it reaches that point in needed xp. I can gain 11-12 levels per run with each run taking about 8 minutes. Pretty much trying to speed run it at this point. You should only need 2 sake for the mission. Getting to the first boss in the castle on the first sake is the fastest I've ever done it and feels lightning quick.

Jingo

Man Sloth is great but really is a cheat mode, i was expecting it wouldn work on bosses or the time would be less but its the same thing, now that i have it i cant help but use it, i try to save it as last resort but its too tempting to know its there!

Forging nets the best returns in NG+, because before that, you're only going to have a 1/3 chance of rolling a one-of-a-kind even if you use all purple materials on any single piece of gear. As you said, definitely better off just finding stuff. Reforge if you really want to, but you're probably going to keep finding even better things.

Ah right on, thanks for the info.

What weapon do you use? The game throws more swords at you than you could ever use, while some of the others can be on the rare side if the RNG gods are unkind. You don't need to over think it, though. Just dismantle most of the gear you find, then forge a weapon that doesn't use a rare material until you get a nice blue or purple.

I use swords and dual swords mostly but Kind of want to up strength and go for hammer/axe as well. I've been dismantling like everything I find that I don't use so Ive got lots of materials so far. Thanks for the tips.

FrankWza

It caps at 10 million xp needed per level once it reaches that point in needed xp. I can gain 11-12 levels per run with each run taking about 8 minutes. Pretty much trying to speed run it at this point. You should only need 2 sake for the mission. Getting to the first boss in the castle on the first sake is the fastest I've ever done it and feels lightning quick.

Ok awesome. Thanks.

IvorB

Close Combat Ki Damage
or
Guard Ki Reduction.

I too only like to put damage perks on a weapon. I feel like I have plenty of healing sources already and I just want the weapon to hit as hard as possible.

So the title I'm missing is to kill a fiend with bear hands. I've done it 20 times and nothing. Which one is the firnd creature, it's the one with crystal spikes coming out of his back right?

Jimrpg

Kill Everything!

Wow so awesome!

I'm a long way from this but it's good to know things like this are possible.

"Defeated a Fiend with your bare hands" title says. I've done it many times, with no magis, no ninjitsu and items, not a single weapon in a weapon slot and still nothing.

The funny thing about those titles is that they're pretty literal with their meaning.

The killing blow just has to be done with your bare hands.

Just popped the dweller one earlier by weakening it with the axe then switching to fists to finish it off.

Though, to your specific issue, you might have to off one of the standard Fiends, without the crystals, if it hasn't already scored for you.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh also,

I did another naked run of Two Kings NG+. Wasn't happy with the one from before because I still had my guardian spirit equipped and I shot T
achibana
in the head at the start.

The Two Kings: Nioh (NG+) - No Damage; No Armor; No Guardian Spirit; No Ninjutsu; No Onmyo

I'm much happier with this run, though it is a lot slower than the previous one; dual kats lack so much damage compared to single kats when naked, due to single kats having that massive damage boost with the from-behind mystic art.
Holy shit you are insane. I hate you and I am jealous of your insane skills. In NG they killed me like 30 times and I spent a bunch of elixirs and even used some ki-draining magic.

Congrats

Oh also,

Holy shit you are insane. I hate you and I am jealous of your insane skills. In NG they killed me like 30 times and I spent a bunch of elixirs and even used some ki-draining magic.

Congrats

Thanks! I was worried people would be like "lol, you just spammed parries", but honestly I didn't even want to fish for parries. There were a few attempts where I killed T
achibana
only landing 1 or 2 parries, but then I'd get clipped by something stupid on H
onda
. It just so happened that on this run, T
achibana
decided to do his mostly easily parried attacks over and over, and I'm not going to NOT parry when I can.

For magic users, there's an amazing dual sword in the late game that scales A with Onmyou magic power:

http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Shic...ishishorin-ken

It has a unique design as well. I've only gotten a blue version of it, hoping to get a purple one before completing the story.

Unfortunately, Silvard tested and Shichisei's built-in "Onmyo Magic Damage Bonus A" is not as good as putting "Change to Attack (Magic) A+" on a different weapon, and you can't put both on that weapon.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I need some sense talked into me about my characters build.

I found a great spear and a good combo of equipment sets (warrior of the west x2 & legendary strategist x4) quite early in the game, which provided me with an excellent set of bonus effects that made the beginning of the game a breeze (enemy sense, treasure sense, change to attack B-, and Enemies defeated bonus A).

Long story short, between forging and soul matching, I've paid a very high price to keep all of those pieces competitive. I know there are far better pieces out there. I know I need to stop. But I've grown too attached. Help!

I think seeing superior sets/builds with better synergy will help me move on.

Unfortunately, Silvard tested and Shichisei's built-in "Onmyo Magic Damage Bonus A" is not as good as putting "Change to Attack (Magic) A+" on a different weapon, and you can't put both on that weapon.

Even so, its a guaranteed bonus vs a random bonus. Sure I would go for something better if I get it but at least this is a confirmed bonus if you can get this weapon lol.

Edit: btw it turns out the dual swords Kogarasumaru inheritent spirit bonus to attack might be good as well even with half the spirit as magic?

PvP is coming, right? I have a feeling that Tempest & Backwave will get nerfed for PvP. Too much advantage for Sword users. As it is, people who are good at Tempest & Backwave will dominate PvP.

PvP is coming, right? I have a feeling that Tempest & Backwave will get nerfed for PvP. Too much advantage for Sword users. As it is, people who are good at Tempest & Backwave will dominate PvP.

So, when two Tempest/Backwave users bump heads, do they just face each other and mash block?

Top Bottom