• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Freeman76

Easily my GOTY so far but for the life of me I cannot understand the weapon system during NG+

I am using the divine weapons you get at the end, and when I team up with people I am MILES behind EVERYONE i meet in terms of damage.

I found several +1 and +2 weapons which have nowehere near the same atk as my standard ones I got at the end of the game. I am ready to give up now which is a shame but this system is so obtuse or I am just unable to comprehend it lol.

Easily my GOTY so far but for the life of me I cannot understand the weapon system during NG+

I am using the divine weapons you get at the end, and when I team up with people I am MILES behind EVERYONE i meet in terms of damage.

I found several +1 and +2 weapons which have nowehere near the same atk as my standard ones I got at the end of the game. I am ready to give up now which is a shame but this system is so obtuse or I am just unable to comprehend it lol.

I remember you've been having this problem for like 2 weeks now. Can you please show us a screenshot of your weapons?

Freeman76

I remember you've been having this problem for like 2 weeks now. Can you please show us a screenshot of your weapons?

Ha yeah Ive not played much in the past couple of weeks but everytime I come back to it I am faced with this. Will get a screen tomorrow.

Deku Tree

All amrita gain on everything (and especially the magatamas with amrita gain during living weapon), attack +35 on everything, close combat damage in critical conditiion, 2 set bonus Mikawa, 6 set bonus Sanada Crimson

Then it's a matter of doing the penultimate (lv310) mission over and over again while keeping the buff from Saisetsu-shin Sake up throughout. I use 3 of them per run.

How long does it take to do 40 levels that way at 10 million per level?

End-gamers, does it matter if I don't get the smithing text for a set, as long as I get the divine version of the set from loots? ^^;

I have gotten all greens on the Demon King set, not all of them are Lv 150 but that can be fixed with soul matching right? So really the only downside is the high body and strength requirements.

I need to know this so I don't actually have to drive myself crazy farming him.

End-gamers, does it matter if I don't get the smithing text for a set, as long as I get the divine version of the set from loots? ^^;

I have gotten all greens on the Demon King set, not all of them are Lv 150 but that can be fixed with soul matching right? So really the only downside is the high body and strength requirements.

I need to know this so I don't actually have to drive myself crazy farming him.

You don't need the text.

You don't need the text.

Oh thank god (T_T) like, I don't mind attempting it after I've gotten my gear to outclass the content but atm I'm not strong enough to make it efficient.

So what's the max equipment level in the game? I thought it was 150 but apparently it's 160? Does that include the +10 thingy?

Oh thank god (T_T) like, I don't mind attempting it after I've gotten my gear to outclass the content but atm I'm not strong enough to make it efficient.

So what's the max equipment level in the game? I thought it was 150 but apparently it's 160? Does that include the +10 thingy?

Just like weapons, it's 160+10 for armor. But some people are just luckier than others. I've been forging weapons for the past hour, reverting my save when I run out of materials. Something like 800 weapons crafted so far and not a single 160.

EDIT: AS ALWAYS, THE TRICK IS TO COMPLAIN TO GAF AND THINGS IMMEDIATELY GO YOUR WAY. BOOM, BABY 160+10 FUTATSU-MEI NORIMUNE & HONE-BAMI TOSHIRO.

Trakan

How long does it take to do 40 levels that way at 10 million per level?

I did it for a bit until I got bored. You need the right gear which requires some time to craft and reforge. You'll also gain way more amrita if you have accessories with very specific amrita gain perks, but I was getting 40-50 million amrita per run of Ghosts of Sawayama. You also need to farm another stage for the Sake but that doesn't take long at all.

So, for Axe and Kusarigama users, what are the "must-have" skills for both weapon types? I'm planning on leveling my proficiency for both weapons to do the mystic arts missions.

I'm guess I'll have to get the combo-ender moves for both but what else?

So, for Axe and Kusarigama users, what are the "must-have" skills for both weapon types? I'm planning on leveling my proficiency for both weapons to do the mystic arts missions.

As far as axes go, you can either get Tri-Spark (mid stance, hold triangle) to spam humans till death, or you can go the safer (but slower) method of using Roar (guard + X) because the AI will drop its guard if you use it from a distance and you can link it into a Final Blow when you've rolled them unto the ground.

For Yokai, invest in the Inner Light mystic art and the Kintaro Kata, then you're pretty much set to mulch everything with high stance combo with ender.

For bosses, go full Mad Spinner build. Get all the Close Combat/Skill Ki Reduction buffs you can, proc Battle Focus (R1 + O), apply any other omnyo buffs, then let it rip.

Buffing yourself with rage, then using two quick high stance axe attacks into Heaven and Earth is just devastating, NG+ included. If it takes all their stamina, you can ki pulse into another quick hit to knock them down, then perform a killing blow, or you can just grapple them on the spot. 200 toughness really helps with the axe, also. Poise through, and smash them.

Kusarigama has nice skills like Reaper and the chain pulls, but I think the low and high stance quick attack combos shine, and is usually just what you need. The high stance version is especially powerful, and seems made to break Yoki horns with no effort. It absolutely can wreck slower bosses, but the delay coming out of the combo can get you hit against the faster ones. Kinda a nice pro and con with the weapon to keep it balanced.

As far as axes go, you can either get Tri-Spark (mid stance, hold triangle) to spam humans till death, or you can go the safer (but slower) method of using Roar (guard + X) because the AI will drop its guard if you use it from a distance and you can link it into a Final Blow when you've rolled them unto the ground.

For Yokai, invest in the Inner Light mystic art and the Kintaro Kata, then you're pretty much set to mulch everything with high stance combo with ender.

For bosses, go full Mad Spinner build. Get all the Close Combat/Skill Ki Reduction buffs you can, proc Battle Focus (R1 + O), apply any other omnyo buffs, then let it rip.

Buffing yourself with rage, then using two quick high stance axe attacks into Heaven and Earth is just devastating, NG+ included. If it takes all their stamina, you can ki pulse into another quick hit to knock them down, then perform a killing blow, or you can just grapple them on the spot. 200 toughness really helps with the axe, also. Poise through, and smash them.

Kusarigama has nice skills like Reaper and the chain pulls, but I think the low and high stance quick attack combos shine, and is usually just what you need. The high stance version is especially powerful, and seems made to break Yoki horns with no effort. It absolutely can wreck slower bosses, but the delay coming out of the combo can get you hit against the faster ones. Kinda a nice pro and con with the weapon to keep it balanced.

Thanks guys!

Two question:

1) what about the axe low stance combo Ender that throws people?

2) what about the Kusarigama's kick?

Trakan

Just get blade spin for kusarigama and annihilate everything.

Just started playing this game today. Got to the boss in the first Japan level without much issue, then got stuck. I don't know why, but I'm finding this boss really hard... and this is coming from someone who got the Platinum in bloodborne.

Did anyone else find the first boss fight really hard? The level was fairly straight forward, but man that boss fight... seems to one-hit me pretty easily.

Thanks guys!

Two question:

1) what about the axe low stance combo Ender that throws people?

2) what about the Kusarigama's kick?

1. Neat when it happens, but it's on the tricky side to actually trigger, since they have to run out of ki when you are using it.

2. Kick is a nice interrupt with decent range, and always good to drain ki with. Little different to use than the sword, since one is a combo move, and the other is a skill out of blocking.

Just started playing this game today. Got to the boss in the first Japan level without much issue, then got stuck. I don't know why, but I'm finding this boss really hard... and this is coming from someone who got the Platinum in bloodborne.

Did anyone else find the first boss fight really hard? The level was fairly straight forward, but man that boss fight... seems to one-hit me pretty easily.

Stay behind him, he has a really good counter attack so don't over commit to a combo.

Don't try to dodge the spinning balls, guard it.

Don't stand near the walls when he throws balls, they can bounce off.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
When it comes to accessories, do you guys prioritize defense multiplier at all? There's some cool bonuses I want to have on (like Kodama sense) but they're currently on a low level Magatama with low defense multiplier.

When it comes to accessories, do you guys prioritize defense multiplier at all? There's some cool bonuses I want to have on (like Kodama sense) but they're currently on a low level Magatama with low defense multiplier.

Defense is nice until you hit post game. Then you're looking for specific special effects.

But definitely keep your Sense accessories until you find better ones or Guardian Spirits that have built-in Sense.

Prioritize Kodama sense above all else.

Once you find all the Kodamas in a stage you can switch it out. There are some missions with no Kodamas so obviously you don't need to put on a Kodama sensor

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Finally unlocked the Treehouse.

So.many.clans!

A few questions:
- Are these clans protections available in single player?
- I'm assuming the bonuses' % change depending on clan performance, correct?

Defense is nice until you hit post game. Then you're looking for specific special effects.

But definitely keep your Sense accessories until you find better ones or Guardian Spirits that have built-in Sense.

Prioritize Kodama sense above all else.

Once you find all the Kodamas in a stage you can switch it out. There are some missions with no Kodamas so obviously you don't need to put on a Kodama sensor
Thanks guys. 👍

Silvard

Just like weapons, it's 160+10 for armor. But some people are just luckier than others. I've been forging weapons for the past hour, reverting my save when I run out of materials. Something like 800 weapons crafted so far and not a single 160.

EDIT: AS ALWAYS, THE TRICK IS TO COMPLAIN TO GAF AND THINGS IMMEDIATELY GO YOUR WAY. BOOM, BABY 160+10 FUTATSU-MEI NORIMUNE & HONE-BAMI TOSHIRO.

Grats!

Finally unlocked the Treehouse.

So.many.clans!

A few questions:
- Are these clans protections available in single player?
- I'm assuming the bonuses' % change depending on clan performance, correct?

Clan bonuses are active for you no matter where you are in the game. The buffs will be active in your list of passives in the status menu.

The % numbers of those bonuses will increase based upon how long you've been in the clan.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Clan bonuses are active for you no matter where you are in the game. The buffs will be active in your list of passives in the status menu.

The % numbers of those bonuses will increase based upon how long you've been in the clan.
That's even better than I thought. Thank you!

IvorB

So my first attempt at messing around in Two Kings the other night yielded this murdering. I just laughed and turned off the console after that. Looking forward to making a serious attempt on these guys.

So my first attempt at messing around in Two Kings the other night yielded this murdering. I just laughed and turned off the console after that. Looking forward to making a serious attempt on these guys.

If those 2 are alive and close to each other , get out , move somewhere else.

This fight key point is to move to position yourself in a way that you can attack yet be able to evade quickly should something happen.

Random OCD question:

Noticed last night that my game disc had a low-quality print, the bottom blue part with the PS4 logo is fine but the NIOH part is low-quality.

I don't mind that much but I'm just curious if anyone else have the same "issue".

Banned
I think I'm finally near the end
where you are fighting on a war battleground with lots of soldiers around
. Is he the final boss? How many more missions or do I have left?

Trakan

I think I'm finally near the end
where you are fighting on a war battleground with lots of soldiers around
. Is he the final boss? How many more missions or do I have left?

Roughly 3-4 main missions? You have another region yet.

deim0s

So am getting back to this at lv89 and tried the Twilight mission - Where Dark Forces Gather/lv 100.

I died twice, where it piles on you with rolling monks and a revenant and it cleared itself! Bug?

IvorB

If those 2 are alive and close to each other , get out , move somewhere else.

This fight key point is to move to position yourself in a way that you can attack yet be able to evade quickly should something happen.

Yeah gotta lure one away from the other. I was just messing around; didn't even have the right guardian spirit loaded. Didn't really have time to get into it. I have some ideas in mind for the real attempt so fingers crossed :).

Mentok

Banned
So am getting back to this at lv89 and tried the Twilight mission - Where Dark Forces Gather/lv 100.

I died twice, where it piles on you with rolling monks and a revenant and it cleared itself! Bug?
Lol I had that happen to me too. I think it's because there's a guitar playing yokai. You kill him, there's no summons when you come back. Mission cleared.

I'm not really understanding how Clans work myself. I joined one quite some time ago and for some reason assumed there'd be some big Clan sized ass-kicking orgies somewhere for whatever reason.

Is it basically red graves with their clan's symbol next to it you fight (in the opposing color) to gain Glory for your clan and that's that?

Does one accumulate enough samurai skill points (if doing all side missions obviously) to focus on two weapons instead of one? I was really into dual swords but I keep getting great sword drops that far exceed my current dual set.

I'm not really understanding how Clans work myself. I joined one quite some time ago and for some reason assumed there'd be some big Clan sized ass-kicking orgies somewhere for whatever reason.

Is it basically red graves with their clan's symbol next to it you fight (in the opposing color) to gain Glory for your clan and that's that?

I wish it were as glorious as you made it sound.

But yeah, your 2nd paragraph is more on the mark- you gain glory by killing revenants to contribute to your clans "color" for that week. Killing a revenant of the opposite color grants double the amount of glory.

Flipside

Is there any benefit to get your base weapon to maximum familiarity before soul matching it with a higher level (+1, +2, etc.) weapon?

I did have to get max familiarity with a weapon I used as material for inheriting a stat but I didn't have the base weapon maxed out on familiarity. I was wondering if it would have been stronger otherwise.

Oh man a bit lttp with this game I'm on the 3rd level and hit a brick wall. I was really enjoying myself before hand. I didn't think it was that hard of a game as long as you were careful and I beat the first 2 bosses on my first try but this succubus is kicking my ass. I have to stay a decent range from her just to avoided her attacks because of quick she is but by the time i'm able to move back in to counter attack she's already on her next attack. ANy tips?

Flipside

Oh man a bit lttp with this game I'm on the 3rd level and hit a brick wall. I was really enjoying myself before hand. I didn't think it was that hard of a game as long as you were careful and I beat the first 2 bosses on my first try but this succubus is kicking my ass. I have to stay a decent range from her just to avoided her attacks because of quick she is but by the time i'm able to move back in to counter attack she's already on her next attack. ANy tips?

That boss was also my first real stumbling block. Personally I found that boss to be the only really hard encounter where I was actually stuck for a while.

At first I thought it would be impossible but I noticed that I became better at dodging her attacks the more I tried. Hino-enma really taught me to be patient. Dodge an attack, get a few hits in, move out again. I used the kusarigama mid stance to slowly drain her ki, used shuriken when she was up in the air and I chose the moves I could safely counter without getting hit (for me that were the flight charge, her grab and sometimes her regular combo).

There are probably people who have way better tactics than the ones I used but the above really helped me. I thought the boss was a great learning moment that actually made the rest of the game a bit easier. This was the first time in the game I was forced to take things slowly and use all the tools/game mechanics available to me.

It feels awesome once you manage to beat that boss :)

there's definitely a shrine close to yuki-onna's fight right? the weird architecture of the ice has me trekking from the entrance shrine

taybul

How do you guys manage what you pick up? As someone who obsessively picks up everything I have no real need for 95% of it and I'm not sure if I should just sell/disassemble everything I'm currently not using.

How do you guys manage what you pick up? As someone who obsessively picks up everything I have no real need for 95% of it and I'm not sure if I should just sell/disassemble everything I'm currently not using.

Disassemble everything you don't think you'll use. You many want to keep some spares like different elemental weapons but for the most part just disassemble them

Top Bottom