• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

ZangBa

I feel like I'm near the end of the gane. Fun game, but I think the alpha feedback really had them nerf the difficulty to the grohnd. This might be even easier than Lords of the Fallen lol.

I am extremely, extremely close to getting the Platinum for Nioh.

I just need to complete the remaining twilight missions (and 2 Kings).... and somehow get the Blacksmith trophy.

...At least it's not on the level of Titanfall 2's gauntlet trophy >_>

Jingo

I'm sorry, but you don't understand at all. You are as far as can be from understanding.

Discusions don't necessarily equal arguments. I wasn't making an argument. I was expressing my sentiments.

You didn't 'ask' for specifics, you demanded them because you didn't understand the 'argument' I was making. You came off as upset that you weren't getting them, angry that I wasn't providing them, and even this post has an frustrated air of exasperation. That you're still calling my posts an argument means you don't understand the basic purpose of my writing it down, let alone the fact that you seem to think I was trying to silence criticism of my posts by pointing out that this wasn't the kind of discussion I was looking for.

And the fact is that you're left in the same position as before I gave my specifics: Nothing except accept my displeasure at the boss. But you were going to have to do that anyway, even if I hadn't given the specifics because this was just me idly bitching about a boss I didn't like, not me trying to convince you that was bad boss. That's the difference. If this was an argument, you'd be entitled to those details because I was trying to convince you, and you need details to be convinced. That's not what I was doing, and it wasn't a call for help to try and beat the boss easier either.

You understand why I feel about the boss better now, but you don't understand why I wrote them.

The fundamental purpose of it was just expressing myself. You don't need to know why I feel felt this way about the Waterblob, just that I do. Because either way, you're just going to go along your way now because there was nothing to argue over in the first place. And it's not that you can't have a discussion about that, but it helps to know what it means when people say they are just writing down their thoughts instead of making an argument. It'll save you the feeling of feeling constipated about other people's lack of information.

Damm you seem like a complicated men, you came first here to "express your feelings" like you said cause the fight was bullshit trowing minions at you while facing the boss.

You were informed that you werent doing right and you could bypass that.

In your own terms the discussion would end there, but no, after the main problem is gone, you have 99 problems and minions aint one, "the fight is not fun" " no telling to his attack" " the arena isnt big"
Seems like no matter how people were trying to understand you and help you, you would counter just to prove your point on the initial matter.

If the boss isnt fun for you in any way, cheese it and move on, your putting yourself in despair for no good cause.

test_account

XP-39C²
I beat the game yesterday. A pretty good length on the game, great game overall! :) I also think this game has one of the hardest souls bosses, although it might be just because this is fresh in my memory. The boss i'm talking about is
Oda Nobunaga and Yuki-Onna combined
. Its not impossible, but i have to rely on luck. It really depends on what attack one of the parties are doing. I wont be surprised if its possible to cheese this boss somehow with using magic or something, but currently i'm trying to fight it "normally" (doging and attacking). The boss
two kings
is also pretty hard, but i've completed that one.

EDIT: Yes, i made it! :) I beat the boss now.

Sure, so long as I have the final word emphasizing that you do not get the sentiment here

Sure , whatever dude.
Hope you can sleep at night now that's you've won an argument on the internet over your feeligns.
----------------
Well i'm now 1 trophy left from Plat this game. And you guessed it all , it's the 60 request on the blacksmith.
It seems that i've already done 50 requests already so this shouldn't be a problem?

You guys have a money farming method ? I have everything but the last region unlocked in NG+

It would be nice if the someone could answer this ? i've put 2 point on muramasa to increase the upper limit AND the lower limit of the forget items yet when i forge items , they still are regular 150 green weapon and armor.
Am i cursed by luck or those 2 options at the blacksmith are not for what i think they are ?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I see Veelk is getting some practice at being a goalpost movin' drama queen again. Typical. xD He should practice at finding all the minion-spawning bonfires and/or handling bosses with minions better instead, maybe he'd finally find 'em fun.

test_account

XP-39C²
How do you change Twilight missions? Did a quick Google search and it seems that they appear random each day? But i've had the same two for many days now.

Umi-Bozu is actually one of my favorite bosses in the game by now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then again, I really like the entire stage and think the boss arena itself is quite atmospheric. Punishing his laser beam opening is satisfying as hell.

So what's everyone's secret technique for farming Blacksmith patron points? The twilight mission I would get eventually but 60 patron points seems impossible...

How do you change Twilight missions? Did a quick Google search and it seems that they appear random each day? But i've had the same two for many days now.

Might be overlapping timezone, but yeah there's no other way than to way for it to change.

I see Veelk is getting some practice at being a goalpost movin' drama queen again. Typical. xD He should practice at finding all the minion-spawning bonfires and/or handling bosses with minions better instead, maybe he'd finally find 'em fun.

I'm trying very hard to understand their point.... I dont like boss, so boss=shit?

I'm trying very hard to understand their point.... I dont like boss, so boss=shit?

His point.

it's such a fundamental problem that people have such difficulty to understand it ..but hey .he told me that there is no point in talking about it.
It's a waste of time as i've found last night #movinggoalposts
---------
Guys , any tips for money farming ? anybody ?

Mentok

Banned
His point.

it's such a fundamental problem that people have such difficulty to understand it ..but hey .he told me that there is no point in talking about it.
It's a waste of time as i've found last night #movinggoalposts
---------
Guys , any tips for money farming ? anybody ?
My method was to equip gold increase gear, stay a lower level and farm revenants for divine drops. Each one would drop a good 4 pieces. I'd farm all the revenants, pray at a shrine and repeat. Got up to 9mil so far this way. A good run can net you 1-2mil each time.

How many points should I devote to reaching the minimums to wear armor? I feel like every drop I see, I need 9 or 10 strength. Is there a sweet spot I should aim for? I am maining swords/dual swords, so not focusing on strength.

This guy did an excellent video on this game, he's also a big souls fan too.

Nioh - Dave Control Super Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJo6jAcxbNo

Seems like this game gone through one hell of a development cycle.

Wikipedia knowledge presented with Youtube "humour"...

ANwxY3x.gif

IvorB

Umi-Bozu is actually one of my favorite bosses in the game by now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then again, I really like the entire stage and think the boss arena itself is quite atmospheric. Punishing his laser beam opening is satisfying as hell.

Yeah I wasn't really appreciating the fight mechanically that much but I appreciated the spectacle of it. Bozi's animation for some of his moves and the audio were pretty intimidating. I like the rainy stage. I generally don't like edge-of-the ledge bosses though.

How many points should I devote to reaching the minimums to wear armor? I feel like every drop I see, I need 9 or 10 strength. Is there a sweet spot I should aim for? I am maining swords/dual swords, so not focusing on strength.

You said it. Only upgrade strength if you find an armor set with bonuses you want. 13 isn't bad to wear some of the nice medium sets, otherwise I'd personally just take it to 10.

Late Flag

Levels are easy to come by in this game. Get your Strength/Stamina/Skill/whatever up to the bare minimum to wear the armor you want. Get your Spirit up to max out your favorite guardian spirit. Get your Magic and Dexterity to the point that you can use and equip whatever magic and ninjutsu you want. Then just pour levels into whatever stat deals the most damage.

Also, keep in mind that respec-ing is easy and cheap. You'll get several books of reincarnation for free, and you can buy the first bunch of them very inexpensively at the two merchants. As long as your not respec-ing every time you want to move a point or two around, it's impossible to screw up levelling.

Wasn't he like this in the Salt & Sanctuary OT as well? I know I recognize the name/avatar from somewhere.

IvorB

Do people generally find those "two bosses at the same time" submissions easier after they've leveled their gear up in NG+? I'm now hitting for nearly twice what I was doing at the end of the game, so I would think that I would be pretty well-placed for those two missions (the NG versions, not the NG+ versions). Haven't tried them yet, though.

Only one way to find out. :) Just have a go; don't lose anything by trying. I want to try and finish all original mission before going to far into NG+ though. I just couldn't face it straight after the first one.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Oh it was surprisingly. First game/time where I received semi-nude pics for helping in coop ahaha. I was in disbelief at first last night and thought she he was fucking with me until she kept sending more and proved she was real. Is...is this normal these days?

Mentok

Banned
Oh it was surprisingly. First game/time where I received semi-nude pics for helping in coop ahaha. I was in disbelief at first last night and thought she he was fucking with me until she kept sending more and proved she was real. Is...is this normal these days?
Damn, I'm co-oping with the wrong people!

Damn son, what the fuck build were you running?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn, I'm co-oping with the wrong people!
Damn son, what the fuck build were you running?
Haha. To be fair, this is the only time this has happened to me on PSN. I'm still a bit puzzled but sure as shit not complaining. Honestly at first I thought it was one of you guys taking pics of your SO to fuck with me. But then she kept sending more elaborate ones with my name, date & everything(yes I know photoshop) so then I kinda stopped doubting lol.

My build: Lvl 750, custom blender light build. My dps is still shit for my level but am pretty much a walking god at this point so no worries.

Haha. To be fair, this is the only time this has happened to me on PSN. I'm still a bit puzzled but sure as shit not complaining. Honestly at first I thought it was one of you guys taking pics of your SO to fuck with me. But then she kept sending more elaborate ones with my name, date & everything(yes I know photoshop) so then I kinda stopped doubting lol.

My build: Lvl 750, custom blender light build. My dps is still shit for my level but am pretty much a walking god at this point so no worries.
Loool.

This is why this OT delivers again and again.

My method was to equip gold increase gear, stay a lower level and farm revenants for divine drops. Each one would drop a good 4 pieces. I'd farm all the revenants, pray at a shrine and repeat. Got up to 9mil so far this way. A good run can net you 1-2mil each time.
OK thank for this tip. i'll try that

balohna

I haven't picked this game up yet, but a question...

English VO or Japanese? As in, what are people playing with and what do you prefer?

Guys, any tips for coop session nudie pic farming? Possibly Tengu mask?

SkylineRKR

I feel like I'm near the end of the gane. Fun game, but I think the alpha feedback really had them nerf the difficulty to the grohnd. This might be even easier than Lords of the Fallen lol.

Yeah Nioh is rather easy. Most players who play past the first few levels will get the hang of it, and will have fought all different enemies types numerous times already. Which will become auto pilot work soon enough. They don't really get stronger but you do.

If you go somewhat deeper and tinker with its loot and abilities, then its laughable even. I actually refused to use Sloth and the like.

I found the last region to be a drag. I was pretty much done with the game by then. Its a good game but there is absolutely room for a sequel that improves on the level and encounter design. I think this game overstayed its welcome somewhat, too many levels and a bunch of them were shit.

Mendrox

Wasn't he like this in the Salt & Sanctuary OT as well? I know I recognize the name/avatar from somewhere.

He does the same show in the One Piece OT from time to time and kills every conversations with that lol

Also guys, the Blacksmith glitch still works. You can level up every point to the max in just a hour.

He does the same show in the One Piece OT from time to time and kills every conversations with that lol

Also guys, the Blacksmith glitch still works. You can level up every point to the max in just a hour.

Care to explain that glitch ? i read about one but it also said that it was patched.

Care to explain that glitch ? i read about one but it also said that it was patched.

You just spam "Talk" with Tome and it gives you points every couple minutes. Like, you literally just spam "Talk" for several minutes.

Just, I heard you have to be before a certain point in the game. Not really sure about that since I didn't do it.

ZangBa

Yeah Nioh is rather easy. Most players who play past the first few levels will get the hang of it, and will have fought all different enemies types numerous times already. Which will become auto pilot work soon enough. They don't really get stronger but you do.

If you go somewhat deeper and tinker with its loot and abilities, then its laughable even. I actually refused to use Sloth and the like.

I found the last region to be a drag. I was pretty much done with the game by then. Its a good game but there is absolutely room for a sequel that improves on the level and encounter design. I think this game overstayed its welcome somewhat, too many levels and a bunch of them were shit.

Yeah after the alpha, beta and demo I pretty much started on auto-pilot already. Still having fun with the game, though. I'm just using the standard katana with a couple of the ninjutsu skills, no sloth because I failed to find it in the menu the first time and was too lazy to look for it again lol. Don't really need it at all anyway, I think it might make the game less fun to use it anyway. The kick and parry feel OP enough as it is, but both are very satisfying to utilize, so I don't mind.

Veelk

Banned

I don't see whats goalpost moving about it when I acknowledged that I missed the mechanism that removes the minions from the boss arena. But I still didn't like it both on principle of being a minion boss fight and for other reasons. My first post was "I hate everything about this boss fight", after all. That's why "This is how to beat it" doesn't help me as much as they'd like. And it's not like I was asking for help. I was just casually about it, just relaying my experience here.

So I don't see the goalpost moving personally, though I can't deny the drama queen accusations as much.

I've never so much as heard of that game until now.

Well, right at the end of another playthrough. I think I'll stop here, before the epilogue and remaining sub missions, and continue this character when the DLC drops. Amazing game. Not sick of the combat at all, but I do feel the need for new weapons! Time to fully switch to Dark Souls 3 before the DLC comes out for that game, too. At this rate, I won't get Horizon for quite a while yet.

The Demon King set has a bonus that "Earn Amrita (Strong Attack)".

I'm guessing that it complements with Tengen Kujaku's bonus buff from absorbing Amrita in different stances. My question is does [Strong Attack] also applies to Skills that use the strong attack?

The Demon King set has a bonus that "Earn Amrita (Strong Attack)".

I'm guessing that it complements with Tengen Kujaku's bonus buff from absorbing Amrita in different stances. My question is does [Strong Attack] also applies to Skills that use the strong attack?

No. Skills are always "Skill Damage".

Top Bottom