• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

FrankWza

Fuck i gotta finish horizon quick before i sink my teeth back in. Enjoy all! And watch the spoilers. Game and dlc just went on sale so lots of new players coming.

Looking into getting this game, seeing as I'm hearing nothing but good stuff about it.

That being said though, as a person who entered Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3 and went "Myeah, alright, that's enough of that for me", does Nioh set itself sufficiently apart to overcome that feeling of having had enough of this type of game? I've watched some gameplay, and it seems like it's different, while still being similar in some fundamental ways. Somewhat like Bloodborne, which I loved and even went ahead and 100%'d.

So, knowing all that, would you guys recommend I take the dive?

Kudo

Looking into getting this game, seeing as I'm hearing nothing but good stuff about it.

That being said though, as a person who entered Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3 and went "Myeah, alright, that's enough of that for me", does Nioh set itself sufficiently apart to overcome that feeling of having had enough of this type of game? I've watched some gameplay, and it seems like it's different, while still being similar in some fundamental ways. Somewhat like Bloodborne, which I loved and even went ahead and 100%'d.

So, knowing all that, would you guys recommend I take the dive?

Bloodborne and Nioh being one of the few games I've plat too, I'd say you'll like this.

Damn, really fuck that OS/Nobunaga level. Way too much shit to get through before you even get to them with no checkpoints like in other levels. Fuck that level.

I heard from Reddit one of rewards for the new mission is a confirmed yasakani magatama, can anyone confirm?

if it is, it's way of the strong only

I got a 150+6 Yasakani Magatama from one of the new missions in Way of the Strong. I didn't look at any of my rewards until I'd cleared them all so I'm not 100% sure which one I got it from, but I had my accessories sorted by Newest and it was the one at the top, so I assume it's one of the ones in the final region.

It's better than my current Yasakani in every way except...it's missing Youkai Close Combat Damage, so I stuck with my previous Yasakani :(.

xuchu

..Also anyone wanna drop items with inheritable attack up? Just standard attack, not bare handed.

Sure. I just died in NG+ disappearing ranjatai, which is a third region mission. 19 attack up gloves and 20 is max. It goes up to 34 attack at max familiarity.

Still looking for some inheritable bare handed attack damage gloves if anyone has it though.

PSN: Talos_AI

Thanks for dropping.

Another LM F*CKING A OH on this mission that spawns two umbrellas that freeze you in place, allowing the two skeletons, one giant skeleton, and Flying Bolt to f*ck you in the ass all while frozen. Nice. (This of course happening AFTER the four spiders just jab you all at once for a quick instant kill.)

xuchu

Thanks for dropping.

Another LM F*CKING A OH on this mission that spawns two umbrellas that freeze you in place, allowing the two skeletons, one giant skeleton, and Flying Bolt to f*ck you in the ass all while frozen. Nice. (This of course happening AFTER the four spiders just jab you all at once for a quick instant kill.)

Haha the key is learning the spawn points. Have fun with the next wave after that.

i did my daily session yesterday while the patch dropped. finished the mission and went straight to the new regions. this is some ninja gaiden level shit and i'll love it. think i have 2 missions left and i'm done with regular mode. was too tired and trigger happy yesterday, sucks when you arrive at the boss and have no elixir left, lol. today will be a good day.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ran the gauntlet of new side missions first on NG+, then on the lower difficulty. Yeah...that was a mistake lol. Had a freaking blast though and some really tense fights on NG+. Great stuff all around, I can't freaking wait for the DLC!

Ran the gauntlet of new side missions first on NG+, then on the lower difficulty. Yeah...that was a mistake lol. Had a freaking blast though and some really tense fights on NG+. Great stuff all around, I can't freaking wait for the DLC!

I didn't even bother doing them on NG. Sounded like a chore after just finishing on NG+.

Just picked up the game. Been stuck on the beginning of the first mission after the title card. I've played through all off darksouls and blood borne no biggie, this game though is a different beast. The combat seems way more complex. I've been dYing in the same place for like 3 hours now lol. Handling 3 dudes at once is tough, and then them yokai things. Ahh man this is gonna be a sink in for me I can tell.

Any advice for "Demon King Build" that I can add?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Level 119

Spirit - 25 (use all of GS bonus)
Magic - 50 (for enough skill points)
Dex - 5 (base)
Skill - 10 (soft cap)
Str - 17 (to wear armor)
Stam - 28/36 (Agility at B for "Armor set only"/"Armor set plus Kodama bowl")
Heart - 10 (soft cap)
Body - 17 (to wear armor)

--------------------------------------------------------------
- Sword of Meditation by all accounts is a useless move so the fast activation is pointless

- "Bonus from Amrita Absorption" combos well with "Earn Amrita (Strong Attack) 30" and is the main bread and butter. Onmyou spells that will add to this are Extraction/Carnage/Steel/Kekai, I intend to get all of them, max out if possible.

- "Extend Elemental Effect by 50%", actually refers to duration of buff, and "Elemental attack damage by 10%" are the second bread and butter. Onmyou spells that will add to this are all the weapon buffs, definitely max out all.

- "Amplification" if I use the Onmyou headgear, "Awakening" if I don't.... Not sure which is better :v If I choose to put on a headset I would need to add 8 more points into stam to be Agility B

- Using Sword/Spear/Dual Sword, but my understanding is that the scaling for weapon damage would be insignificant compared to the base item stat? So maybe pumping stats into them isn't a good idea?

Did I accidentally make the game too easy? I just went through the poison mine and absolutely DEMOLISHED the boss with my living weapon.

I'm using the full Warrior of the West set (since that's all the revenants seem to drop) and I'm just cruising through. Even the first twilight mission wasn't bad at all.

This isn't me bragging, I'm legitimately concerned I overleveled or am wearing something super over powered.

Did I accidentally make the game too easy? I just went through the poison mine and absolutely DEMOLISHED the boss with my living weapon.

I'm using the full Warrior of the West set (since that's all the revenants seem to drop) and I'm just cruising through. Even the first twilight mission wasn't bad at all.

This isn't me bragging, I'm legitimately concerned I overleveled or am wearing something super over powered.

Don't worry about it, it's like picking up the Drake Sword from DS1- everyone does it.

Full West Warrior gear would serve you well for a couple of missions because of the set bonus.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Beat the Muneshige fight, ended up doing a fair bit of cheesing with bombs and arrows (realised that arrows cancelled his windup supers). Boy, that Raikiri is certainly something.

Just picked up the game. Been stuck on the beginning of the first mission after the title card. I've played through all off darksouls and blood borne no biggie, this game though is a different beast. The combat seems way more complex. I've been dYing in the same place for like 3 hours now lol. Handling 3 dudes at once is tough, and then them yokai things. Ahh man this is gonna be a sink in for me I can tell.

I'd say a good bet is to try and avoid combat with groups as much as possible, that's what'll do you in this game. Draw them out, that's what stones and ranged weapons are for.

IvorB

Probably old news now but I beat N
obu
and Y
uki
. These double boss fights are something else. My eyes were legit watering through concentration and tension while doing this fight. Also a bit unfamiliar with the dual swords but I like them. Did a bunch of the new missions before starting one of the Way of the Strong main missions because I just needed to relax a bit after all the hardcore stuff.

Hystzen

3rd region imo is where the game wakes up and get better level design and harder enemy layouts and bosses

Where's a good place to farm revenant with the good stuff ? :p
I feel kinda bad farming that way but I'm a bit tired to be pl by all the players in coop :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
New missions? Wuuut

Haven't finished Horizon, DS3DLC just came out.... what am I even gonna play when I get back home? #thestruggleisreal

What the fuck... Man happy for you guys but this shit seriously pisses me off. I already put down the full price and they haven't released a single piece of content.
Yeah bought the deluxe digital edition, this sucks :/

Man that nerf from behind cost me like 4/5K damage. I'm still op AF but can't do 20K from behind anymore :(

The new missions are fun, great for farming, nothing crazy difficult and always something new to play. A meeting on the other shore can rest for now, I'll be farming the new ones for quite some time.

So I'm starting to get higher level weapons dropping but not with better stats. Is this when I start Soulmatching to get my better stat gear up to a higher level?

Damn , just tried the new
dual ninja
fight ..

That was something. Both are relentlessly attacking me, trying to stun me and have got almost no time to heal or act.

And both are freaking fast.

This is ... something

Are some of those new titles broken? I got most of them but can't unlock some of the no hit titles even tho I did it many times without ever being touch.

Caim

Are some of those new titles broken? I got most of them but can't unlock some of the no hit titles even tho I did it many times without ever being touch.

Yeah I think someone (maybe it was Zack?) said they didn't get a title from one of the missions.

Another poster said that if you get hit on an attempt, you need to quit to the map and do it again, or it won't count even if you don't get hit on the next attempt.

Another poster said that if you get hit on an attempt, you need to quit to the map and do it again, or it won't count even if you don't get hit on the next attempt.

I did most of them on my first try and still didn't get some of them even thos I met the requirement. I was able to unlock some of them on The Way of the Strong and some of them I had to do on The Way of the Samurai cause they would not unlock for me on The Way of the Strong. Some of them won't unlock at all no matter what difficulty.

I'll wait till first DLC, maybe they will fix it till then.

I think I overleveled a bit, still just training and trying to master dodging / R1 use and I'm almost level 30, haven't fought the
big demon boss with the ball chains yet, the one inside the boat.

Top Bottom