• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Windstorm being so strong is kind of a bummer because I love water sword so much. It's not possible to have both equipped right? I'm not at my PS4 right now to check. But yeah Dual swords seems like they will scratch the sword itch once I get some more skills unlocked.

Edit: I mixed god of wind and windstorm.

Pretty sure they are both high stance skills, so you can't have them both up at the same time. Not like single sword, where you can have different types of Iai quickdraw skills set to different stances.

Hybris

Pretty sure they are both high stance skills, so you can't have them both up at the same time. Not like single sword, where you can have different types of Iai quickdraw skills set to different stances.

Oh well, windstorm is kind of boring anyway, water sword all the way it is!

Demoskinos

So I kind of don't get how you're supposed to level up divine gear? Do you just have to get lucky and find + Items? I know you can raise a items + level by soul matching but it seems that you have to already have a +level item to do that?

catspit

So I kind of don't get how you're supposed to level up divine gear? Do you just have to get lucky and find + Items? I know you can raise a items + level by soul matching but it seems that you have to already have a +level item to do that?

Yeah, you soul match a +1 with a +1 to make a +2 etc. Later quests in NG+ with drop +3,+4 items to forge together. Lots of farming and gold needed.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ok, Iga-style might be what finally broke me. I can't do it. I mean 70% of the time I die to
Okatsu
anyway, takes forever to go down. I guess my DPS is too low?

I cleared all of the other available missions without much problem, except O&H who were were brutal but I finally did it. This though?
Hanzo and the frog at once?
I can't handle this... :(

Ok, Iga-style might be what finally broke me. I can't do it. I mean 70% of the time I die to
Okatsu
anyway, takes forever to go down. I guess my DPS is too low?

I cleared all of the other available missions without much problem, except O&H who were were brutal but I finally did it. This though?
Hanzo and the frog at once?
I can't handle this... :(

Are you doing this in the NG or NG+ version?

On NG+, I found that the end of the fight with the last two you mentioned can be really annoying if you can't get the first one to within a few hits from death before the second spawns.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
NG. And he's nowhere near death when the
Frog
appears. He usually has a full third of his health left at least, and he doesn't go down that fast.

SephiZack

Lol. That ending. So close.

Did you end up beating it solo?

Nope, have not done it No Damage. I was doing the level and a guy from the chat asked if I wanted to play some co-op and I thought "why not?"

I think doing that level No Damage is more suited for when I play by myself because I probably was boring everyone to death xD After I started playing in co-op the number of people that checked the livestream AND remained more than doubled (well from 3 to 7 is not exactly a lot but I saw the graph of the concurrent viewers and there was an upward trend after co-op)

Out of curiousity, how many times have your guys respec till you settled on your builds?

I think I respected once for build. Other times were just to farm revenants

I think I respected once for build. Other times were just to farm revenants

To be honest, stats doesn't matter as much as skill points. I'm concerned about wasting skill points into abilities that I might end up not using and having to respec to free up some points because even with 50 into magic I'm still short of Onmyou points to get a few more talisman.

Heck for Samurai I'm having trouble rationing out points for three weapon types lol.

NG. And he's nowhere near death when the
Frog
appears. He usually has a full third of his health left at least, and he doesn't go down that fast.

What I would do is get him to a sliver before the second is supposed to spawn (so a bit above 50% health; that's when the second spawns, I think?), and then parry the first so I get a full string of follow ups to kill him immediately (or at least really damn close) as the second is spawning.

Out of curiousity, how many times have your guys respec till you settled on your builds?

Just once, at the very end of NG+.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident with mine. I mean I only respecced so I could get rid of the Mystic Arts I bought for weapons I don't use. I bought mystic arts for every weapon for the trophies; that's a lot of wasted skill points.

Well I respecc once for that to shift my Dex points into more Magic points... Only to find out that I needed the Dex points to challenge Okatsu 2 more times for her character bio, but that's not as bad as realizing I would need to remove the points in the Axe and Kusarigama tree after I've already respec lol.

So yeah I was kinda burned twice already so I'm extra cautious of how I'm spending my next reincarnation lol.

What are people's thoughts on dual swords vs katana post patch?

I use them both and they feel pretty equal to me. Although I use two different elements and switch based on what works best against which enemy and have 33 in both skill and heart.

I haven't yet, but I'm only at the last mission of NG

RexNovis

Banned
Is anyone online at the moment that could help me with "The Return of the Gourd" on Way of the strong? We can yokai realm coop it. I can make it to the boss battle without dying but can never seem to kill the bosses

Is anyone online at the moment that could help me with "The Return of the Gourd" on Way of the strong? We can yokai realm coop it. I can make it to the boss battle without dying but can never seem to kill the bosses

If you still need help when I get home from class, I'll help.

Raven77

So after the game has been out this long, is the lack of enemy variety still as big of an issue as I kept hearing in the 1-2 weeks after release? I'm about to start playing this.

So after the game has been out this long, is the lack of enemy variety still as big of an issue as I kept hearing in the 1-2 weeks after release? I'm about to start playing this.

Eh it's a main issue I guess, it'll bother some more than others. Team Ninja is aware of it and will be addressing it in the first DLC at the end of April.

Edit: I would say the issue is better than Vanilla Destiny, and around a Ninja Gaiden game in terms of variety? Lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yea attempt number 25 and I've still yet to get queued with somebody who does anything but run away without LW -_-
These chicken-shit players crack me up. I like to taunt their ass(shiver scared taunt & laugh) every time they run away to pop that LW back up.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What I would do is get him to a sliver before the second is supposed to spawn (so a bit above 50% health; that's when the second spawns, I think?), and then parry the first so I get a full string of follow ups to kill him immediately (or at least really damn close) as the second is spawning.

Heh, something like that sort of happened at some point, so the
frog
spawned when he was at, maybe, 1/4th of his health, much lower than usual, but still a far cry from a sliver of health I'd want. Basically, I really think my DPS is far too low... :\

Heh, something like that sort of happened at some point, so the
frog
spawned when he was at, maybe, 1/4th of his health, much lower than usual, but still a far cry from a sliver of health I'd want. Basically, I really think my DPS is far too low... :\

What's the attack on your best weapon?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Mannn fuck some of these broken no-hit titles in the new submissions. I keep doing them w/out getting hit but it won't give me the title. ;__;
Also got an overflow of +4/5/6 weapons and armor and don't know what to do with em haha. Post-game loot problems aka best problems.

Mannn fuck some of these broken no-hit titles in the new submissions. I keep doing them w/out getting hit but it won't give me the title. ;__;
Also got an overflow of +4/5/6 weapons and armor and don't know what to do with em haha. Post-game loot problems aka best problems.

I'm holding onto the weapons/armor in case the new weapon type or new armor sets are awesome and I want to make +10s.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'm holding onto the weapons/armor in case the new weapon type or new armor sets are awesome and I want to make +10s.
This is exactly what I'm doing currently and why I won't bother to +10 any of my existing ones besides my main. I'm really hoping those sexy dual swords of Masamune have crazy damage multiplier and are OP as hell. XP
April almost here, give me that DLC!

xuchu

If you get hit on a crusher attempt you have to quit to the map by using a himorigi branch or the fragment in order to reattempt it. I got all the titles using this method for the new missions but it's very annoying as this was not the case for the all the crusher titles in the base game. This also affects quick conquerer titles as well. If you die and reattempt a mission you can check the time completed under titles and it will show you a cumulative time across all attempts rather than just the winning attempt as it, most likely, should.

Hopefully this will patched soon.

So any consensus on a good spot to farm for the yasakani magatama? Been trying to find that for a while!

Personally, I wouldn't bother farming at this point if you've finished NG+. The final new mission they added gives you a guaranteed one.

Return of the Gourd on NG+.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
If you get hit on a crusher attempt you have to quit to the map by using a himorigi branch or the fragment in order to reattempt it. I got all the titles using this method for the new missions but it's very annoying as this was not the case for the all the crusher titles in the base game. This also affects quick conquerer titles as well. If you die and reattempt a mission you can check the time completed under titles and it will show you a cumulative time across all attempts rather than just the winning attempt as it, most likely, should.

Hopefully this will patched soon.
Ugh, thanks for this info. Here's hoping they patch it soon. Thankfully I got all the conqueror titles earlier and just got like 7 crusher titles left. Got bored one day and went on a title run lmao.

Top Bottom