• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

catspit

Ah, yeah, that would explain it. I've got almost 1800 on my main dual kats.

Though, I'm talking about for the NG+ version. I'm not sure how much damage would be good for the NG version.

I was just going to make a dual kat build.. How's yours setup? Weapon traits, armor set, guardian etc.

I was just going to make a dual kat build.. How's yours setup? Weapon traits, armor set, guardian etc.

Instead of typing out everything (numbers, etc) I made a short video where I show each piece of my equipment and also the set bonuses, then at the end I show the full list of my stats along with my guardian spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKtdRXPxXKQ

The percentages on my weapon attributes aren't perfect, but I'm fine with it for now.

Number45

I just realised today watching a build video on YT that skills from other weapon trees can impact my build, even if I'm using just swords. I mean I'm only in region 3 and taking it super slow but I've been dumping all points to swords even if it didn't seem like there are any skills I particularly wanted at that time.

xuchu

I just realised today watching a build video on YT that skills from other weapon trees can impact my build, even if I'm using just swords. I mean I'm only in region 3 and taking it super slow but I've been dumping all points to swords even if it didn't seem like there are any skills I particularly wanted at that time.

Yes, kusarigama tree has some of the best passives that all builds should use. Things like increased killing strike damage and damage from behind.

DAMN IT, I forgot to consider the fact that the new missions in NG mode would have different rewards than the ones in NG+. NG+ new missions done but I thought it'd be a chore to do the NG ones. Apparently though, some of the rewards are more forging texts, so I guess I'll go back and do them any way.

IvorB

Out of curiousity, how many times have your guys respec till you settled on your builds?

I haven’t respeced ‘cause that sounds like a mission. Plus I’m generally against respecing in RPGs unless I screw up big time. I like my character to develop organically. I don’t have some fancy build type with a fancy name. Basically, just want to be a tough f**ker who’s difficult to kill and does a lot of damage. I don’t use living weapon or much onmyou so I just focus on being as agile as possible, as tanky as possible and do as much damage with my weapons as possible. And I side line in ninjuitsu. Seems to be working fine so far. Maybe I will need to fine-tune it later.

Wow you need to get on that. Some of those passives/skills are essential.

BigEmil

So no one figured out why 30fps movie mode is so weird in Nioh?

Even Digital Foundry tested it and said themselves it felt and looks strange even though framepacing in Movie mode is solid. I played many 30fps games i went back to try movie mode on Nioh and it felt so off

On NG+ and I've got the Master Swordsman Armour set, all Divine thanks to the smiting text and a shit load of divine fragments. Looking to respect and focus on Katana and Onmyo. Anyone got any build advice?

Also how do I get 6 piece armour? Some of those set bonuses look delicious.

Kaibutsu

I really like the emails PlayStation sends out when you beat a game. Finished it yesterday but still 7 trophies short of getting the platinum. After 100 + hours I don't think I'm going to bother getting it.
C8GEczZXkAEmSnC.jpg:large

IvorB

I really like the emails PlayStation sends out when you beat a game. Finished it yesterday but still 7 trophies short of getting the platinum. After 100 + hours I don't think I'm going to bother getting it.
C8GEczZXkAEmSnC.jpg:large

I have never seen an email like this in my life.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God damn change to attack (skill). I need this inheritance and can't find this one for the life of me. :(
Any suggestions/missions for farm for this?

Mesharey

Finished all new mission in normal mode, they were good but my build was kinda op for normal mode, did some in NG+, will do a bit tomorrow and then wait for the DLC.

They really added something important and people asked for in the game.

I'm getting absolutely destroyed by the first boss. Any tips? I'm using a spear and dual swords. I feel like 3 hits kill me and I cant get a rhythm when trying to attack without being interrupted.

I'm getting absolutely destroyed by the first boss. Any tips? I'm using a spear and dual swords. I feel like 3 hits kill me and I cant get a rhythm when trying to attack without being interrupted.

Attack his back two times then back away.

Blocking the spin is safer than dodging.

Don't stand near walls, balls can bounce

I seriously can't get rid of this Warrior of the West set. All I seem to find is better versions of it.

I'm not a big fan of upgrade systems that let you upgrade items indefinitely. I'd like to switch my gear at some point!

I'm almost exclusively using the sword, so I can't switch over to that cool red spear set.

Edit: I should mention where I'm at in the game. I just killed the (third region boss spoiler)
ice lady

Also how far into the game am I?

I seriously can't get rid of this Warrior of the West set. All I seem to find is better versions of it.

I'm not a big fan of upgrade systems that let you upgrade items indefinitely. I'd like to switch my gear at some point!

I'm almost exclusively using the sword, so I can't switch over to that cool red spear set.

Edit: I should mention where I'm at in the game. I just killed the (third region boss spoiler)
ice lady

Oh the upgrade isn't indefinite, you'll soon find yourself out of cash if it keeps up.

Also you're roughly at the half mark point.

Baalzebup

The upgrade system very pointedly doesn't let you upgrade items indefinitely via gradually increasing the costs of Soul Matching each time you do one on a particular item (Divine items not included). Looting revenants isn't the upgrade system, it is circumventing it via meta-gaming the looting possibilities within the revenant system

You have two melee weapon slots and you get set bonuses from both. What is preventing you from going sword & spear? I know I used that combo for quite a while when I jumped over to the Red Demon.

ice lady

You're at about the half-way mark. Other answers are bolded.

Jingo

Im playing the new missions and i dont like most of them, they just add enemies to increase difficulty and for me thats not very creative, specialy the ones you have to fight hords of them just to get to the bosses, that didnt happened the whole game and just feels cheap, i know its free dlc but i hope the payed one dont have this bullshit, i really liked the missions you have to fight two bosses tough.

IvorB

I've gotten them for a few of their first party or exclusive games. Bloodborne, The Order and now Nioh. I want to say I also got one for Knack??...

That's a pretty sophisticated email marketing campaign.

Im playing the new missions and i dont like most of them, they just add enemies to increase difficulty and for me thats not very creative, specialy the ones you have to fight hords of them just to get to the bosses, that didnt happened the whole game and just feels cheap, i know its free dlc but i hope the payed one dont have this bullshit, i really liked the missions you have to fight two bosses tough.

I think it's great. They needed more combinations in the main campaign. Staying one step ahead of two rampaging tengu at the same time is terrifying and exhilarating.

Nioh, more than Dark Souls, equips you with the abilities to handle mobs of enemies.

You're faster than the average undead, more ninja than your standard hunter, and most important of all you have magic pokemons at your disposal!

Jingo

I think it's great. They needed more combinations in the main campaign. Staying one step ahead of two rampaging tengu at the same time is terrifying and exhilarating.
I also think its great fighting two tengu or two bosses at the same time, im just not a big fan of fighting plenty of enemies just to get to the bosses, anyway im only missing one, the dark samurai and nobugana, im being trashed all the time, any tips?

Nioh, more than Dark Souls, equips you with the abilities to handle mobs of enemies.

You're faster than the average undead, more ninja than your standard hunter, and most important of all you have magic pokemons at your disposal!

I've found Nioh to be much closer to Bloodborne than Dark Souls. At least in my opinion anyways.

Is there a list of the new missions anywhere? I just finished the Demon King Revealed and see 3 more in the area. Are these new? Some of them are higher level than 100 eyes.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

taybul

Does anyone else almost never use their Living Weapon? I'm in NG+ already and I've only used it maybe a dozen times ever.

Number45

Does anyone else almost never use their Living Weapon? I'm in NG+ already and I've only used it maybe a dozen times ever.
This is why I'm thinking of switching to Phoenix when I get it, or at the very least choosing it because of the passives rather than the on use benefits.

hichanbis

Banned
I use it against groups of mobs or when my life is down against a boss and I don't have any elixir left. Life saver.
Also my shinobi stocks refill afterwards so it's super useful.

I often use LW deliberately just for fun, like unnecessarily summoning in a Final Fantasy. Hell, I'm deliberately using and calling upon Narikama Tanuki (along with a partial Greater Good build to make some use of it) because I get a kick out of watching a giant raccoon dog just drop out of the sky and squash down a crowd.

IvorB

I also think its great fighting two tengu or two bosses at the same time, im just not a big fan of fighting plenty of enemies just to get to the bosses, anyway im only missing one, the d and n, im being trashed all the time, any tips?

Dunno, mate. Haven't gone that far yet. Mixing up the new side missions with WotS missions. I'm sure someone can help out though...

I never used it because I always forgot about it. Then the few times I would actually remember, the thing would be so disorienting when it kicked off it got me injured or killed. So I've basically dropped it which is fine. I just use them for the passives.

Jingo

Dunno, mate. Haven't gone that far yet. Mixing up the new side missions with WotS missions. I'm sure someone can help out though...

I never used it because I always forgot about it. Then the few times I would actually remember, the thing would be so disorienting when it kicked off it got me injured or killed. So I've basically dropped it which is fine. I just use them for the passives.

Done already, thank you:)

Hikami

Started this up now that I'm finally done with the Dark Souls III DLC.

Loving it so far. Question though, I got some golden armor or something from one of the options in the shrine. Seems to be better than most gear that's been dropping so far for me.. Is that gonna make some stuff too easy?

Started this up now that I'm finally done with the Dark Souls III DLC.

Loving it so far. Question though, I got some golden armor or something from one of the options in the shrine. Seems to be better than most gear that's been dropping so far for me.. Is that gonna make some stuff too easy?

Not really. It's only good for the first couple hours of the game, at most. It doesn't give you a weapon either, at least mine didn't.

SephiZack

I just made a video on fighting tips. It's mostly based on Katana, but it can be applied to other weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4X6CNZTHe0

If you're already at an advanced level, this video might be useless to you (or not, maybe).
Everything is basically random stuff that I made up as I made the video, so I probably missed a lot of stuff I could say xD I didn't want to say stuff that other people might have already talked about though.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I just made a video on fighting tips. It's mostly based on Katana, but it can be applied to other weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4X6CNZTHe0

If you're already at an advanced level, this video might be useless to you (or not, maybe).
Everything is basically random stuff that I made up as I made the video, so I probably missed a lot of stuff I could say xD I didn't want to say stuff that other people might have already talked about though.
Good stuff in general especially on that R1 double tap quick draw action! Will try tonight.

Hikami

Not really. It's only good for the first couple hours of the game, at most. It doesn't give you a weapon either, at least mine didn't.

Good to know thanks, think I'll keep it on then. Think I already went through this early area in the alpha or beta test anyways.

Top Bottom