• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Anybody recommend any ninja and omn (magic) skills?

I got poison from ninja.

Before I give you actual suggestions, let me get this out of the way:

Other people have suggested this to you already since you said you were having trouble, but if you want to completely trivialize any and all boss battles that could've been fun/challenging: Get Sloth from the Onmyo tree.

Okay, now that that's out of the way:

Ninja:

-Passive skills from the ninja tree are good. For example, you said you were having stamina management problems. There's a passive in the ninja tree that reduces the amount of stamina you use when you dodge

-Power Pill (Ninja tree) is fantastic. Quick activation and provides a really good boost to damage.

-The ninja tree also has the passive that lets you carry more elixirs
--------------------
Onmyo:

-The passives that increase the range of your ki pulse youkai realm purification

-Steel talisman if you feel like you're taking too much damage (raises your def by a lot while it's active)

-Weakness lowers enemy def by a lot while it's active

-Carnage lowers your defense and raises your attack by more than power pill. The most recent patch nerfed this to where it's not that much stronger than power pill, though, so maybe not worth it.

Note: Combining Weakness on bosses and Power Pill or Carnage on yourself can arguably trivialize fights just as much as Sloth, but at least the bosses still have a chance to hit you and make you dodge, unlike using Sloth.

----

Oh, honorable mention: Blinding Shell from Ninja is interesting. I never used it, but a Japanese youtuber I watch uses it a lot, and it works on bosses. Basically, once it takes effect, bosses lose all tracking on their attacks. Like if a boss starts an attack and you dodge, they'll attack in a straight line where you WERE instead of where you are. Even if it's a long combo attack.

SephiZack

You can have a primary and secondary guardian spirit

​primary has all passive effect of the spirit, secondary got only 1 exclusive effect

Level CAP will become 400

(I'm just copying what the official translator in chat is saying)

I'm gonna stop watching for fear of spoiling the traps etc, but apart from new weapon everything they have shown so far is reused from the main game ):

SephiZack

IT'S PVP TIME!!!

2 VS 2, 300 Seconds per Match (side with more HP left wins after 300 secs)

1 VS 1 is best of 3, 100 Seconds per Match

Levels are equalised during PVP

People gain amrita on hit/being hit for super (living weapon?)

They're showing a PVP fight soon

OH! You can save up to 10 different equipment presets to change between different sets quickly

In Team PVP, you have a team gauge (the one from yokai realm) and as long as you have gauge left, you can resurrect (even if both in a team die)

You keep your equipment/onmyo/ninjutsu during pvp, but apparently they are rebalanced

SephiZack

Okatsu transformation is 120k glory, other girls are 90k (holy moly I hope this is a wrong translation lol)

PVP HAS DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!!

They will update the website at midnight (I assume Japan time) with the changelog for the update tomorrow

Livestream finished, well lots of pleasant announcements. But yeah, the Odachi looked like it took movesets from Axe/Spear or something like that

xuchu

Okatsu transformation is 120k glory, other girls are 90k (holy moly I hope this is a wrong translation lol)

PVP HAS DEDICATED SERVERS!!!!!

They will update the website at midnight (I assume Japan time) with the changelog for the update tomorrow

Livestream finished, well lots of pleasant announcements. But yeah, the Odachi looked like it took movesets from Axe/Spear or something like that

Wut?!

Also great persona videos Zack!

Hybris

Wtf that's absurdly high compared to the current options. Took me forever to farm up glory for 3 of them since I don't have PS+. I really hope that's mistranslated...

I've been playing bayonetta for the past couple weeks. Kinda want to finish the pure plats on that before coming back to Nioh... though I'm not sure I'll be able to stop myself from coming back to it tomorrow.

Caim

Add a new story "Tohoku chapter"
* To play the Tohoku chapter, you need to clear this story.

Add new weapon type "Odachi"
※ It becomes available from the beginning.

Additional difficulty mode "Shura no Michi (Way of the Demon?)" added
In "Shura no Michi" you will be able to acquire more powerful equipments, the limit of Divine equipment level via Soul Matching, and the level cap of the guardian spirit will also rise.

Change effects so that the effect value will increase according to the number of effects for the special effect displayed with effect value D- ~ A +

Add new guardian spirits and many new accessories.

New titles.

New ninja and samurai skill(s).

Various bosses are getting adjusted.

Fixed a bug where Yagyu sometimes won't attack

One of Ax's skill got buffed so that it will be faster.

PVP is accessed from the Torii gate.

The amount of amrita per level starting at 233 has been recalculated.

If you were deleveled due to the calculation you get a free respec book.

This isn't everything, but I did what I could.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
RIP 750?
Excited about all the new loot. Curious how way of the demon will shake out. The rewards have to be really good or else I don't think I'll be motivated enough to do it all over again.

Deku Tree

RIP 750?
Excited about all the new loot. Curious how way of the demon will shake out. The rewards have to be really good or else I don't think I'll be motivated enough to do it all over again.

Well 750 is still the level cap but if you are currently there your gonna be scaled down.

Seems like the scale down only affects people over lvl 233 so it doesn't affect me.

SephiZack

Well 750 is still the level cap but if you are currently there your gonna be scaled down.

Seems like the scale down only affects people over lvl 233 so it doesn't affect me.

I think they mentioned in the livestream that level cap will become 400, that's why they are reworking the experience

Deku Tree

I think they mentioned in the livestream that level cap will become 400, that's why they are reworking the experience

If it's 400 then are stat caps still 99 each? 400 makes me more confused.

Are they forcing you to make a choice about which stats you max out?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Sadness.... and I just recently(~ 3 weeks ago) finished my 750 grind too.
Well I guess the very small upside is getting rid of the OCD I have sitting on hundreds of unusable samurai points.

Hope the level cap still shakes out so you can skill out everything important in the weapon trees. I enjoy endgame Nioh more having the flexibility of full weapon movesets to play around with.

Deku Tree

Other people told me the level cap is still gonna be 750. They just increased the cost of obtaining the higher levels after 233. Thus they are reducing the level of people who are above 233 and giving you a respec book to compensate. Not 100% sure either way.

SephiZack

Other people told me the level cap is still gonna be 750. They just increased the cost of obtaining the higher levels after 233. Thus they are reducing the level of people who are above 233 and giving you a respec book to compensate. Not 100% sure either way.

The level 400 I got was from the official translator on Youtube during the livestream (she might have been wrong but everything else she translated was spot on)

Deku Tree

The level 400 I got was from the official translator on Youtube during the livestream (she might have been wrong but everything else she translated was spot on)

Maybe they meant that a lvl 750 would be reduced to a level 400 after the update? Don't know just guessing.

Ogawa-san

I kept being frugal with my glory, expecting something worth buying but extremely expensive to come up at some point.

300k in the bank, and it's all going to vanish in about 10s after the patch.

Edit: yup.

8kGFxPV.png

Caim

Update is up.

Female skins cost 90k and 120k.

Bought the Ginchiyo skin and now I'm broke.

PVP is up!

You can set your second guardian spirit as well.

Caim

New item "Anima Stone"

"Used when forging equipment. This makes it easier to access useful special effects during battle. This stone materializes whenever two samurai cross in battle."

I guess you can also earn these in PVP.

They added new trophies as well like clearing all stages in Way of the Demon mode.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
level 750 gets downscaled to level 328

6.313GB download

Jesus.... Rip a lot of levels.... That kind of basically changes my build a lot.
On a different note is farming glory in duos more effective?
Level 750 players, prepare to cry and then rejoice again cause we get to do it all over again! All that good work, *poof* into thin air lmao fuck.
Hooooly shit that is some major respect and amrita leveling requirements now.
Lol I think I'm just going to give up on that unless farm methods/amrita yields are going to be super insane in way of the shura.
What helped me get through to 750 was basically ~10 minutes of farming being ~10 levels and even then I spread it out a lot.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Level 750 players, prepare to cry and then rejoice again cause we get to do it all over again! All that good work, *poof* into thin air lmao fuck.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Jesus.... Rip a lot of levels.... That kind of basically changes my build a lot.
On a different note is farming glory in duos more effective?

Lol I think I'm just going to give up on that unless farm methods/amrita yields are going to be super insane in way of the shura.
What helped me get through to 750 was basically ~10 minutes of farming being ~10 levels and even then I spread it out a lot.
Right there with ya lol. Not gonna go through that 750 grind again tbh. Might just play it for the story missions and not so much heavy PVP.

Deku Tree

People are saying they stop letting you level at 400 on way of the strong.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
People are saying they stop letting you level at 400 on way of the strong.
Ok your post and Zack's post are giving me hope. Dropping the cap to 400 with those ridiculous Amrita requirements and reworking the actual experience around that cap makes perfect sense. Please for the love of god let it be this. Cause a lvl 750 cap with these 100mil+ amrita per level sounds like hell lol.

Edit:

New Hidden Arts available in Learn Skills--> All the way at the bottom on weapon tabs in green color.

They are:
Melee Mastery I & II (melee attack increase)
Deadly Eye I & II (range weapons attack increase)
Fatal Fists I & II (bare-handed attack increase)

Didn't know and I think I wasted a ton of samurai skill points on the wrong one lol. Easy to respec though.

Top Bottom