• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I see that TOHOKU REGION greyed out. Come on! Just lemme play it already so I can dive in that NG++ Demon Hell Fire Storm. And rage once more.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy a trophy for beating all mission in way of the demon.
Makes me actually not want to jump in right now. I have a different game on priority and I know my OCD will kick in and swap that priority + I really don't feel like doing all the mission again x_X.

Lots of exciting stuff though much more than I was expecting. Was kinda thinking and old hunters kind of deal but given the diablo esque aspects of the game this won't be a fast one and done but more like grinding to perfect build satisfaction.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I can't choose which one is best-o-girl in the female skins. God damnit.
Also like how we went from 20K glory for most expensive skin to 90K minimum for the female skins up to 120K max. I see you, Team Ninja.

Ogawa-san

I thought the extra difficulty would be baseline but it seems it's tied to the DLC. There's even a new achievement tied to clearing it.

Also, I haven't played in a couple months and I'm surprised there are so many people still playing it, summons as random visitor are still almost instant. Looking at the streams every now and then, usually there are less than half the people streaming either BB or DS3.

So I might be remembering wrong, but the most glory I ever remember getting from a revenant is around 130 (if they're of the opposite clan color).

So by my calculation, I'll have to fucking murder NINE HUNDRED SIXTY REVENANTS OF THE OPPOSITE CLAN COLOR to be able to afford Okatsu.

God.

Fucking.

Damnit.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So I might be remembering wrong, but the most glory I ever remember getting from a revenant is around 130 (if they're of the opposite clan color).

So by my calculation, I'll have to fucking murder NINE HUNDRED SIXTY REVENANTS OF THE OPPOSITE CLAN COLOR to be able to afford Okatsu.

God.

Fucking.

Damnit.

My gut reaction is that PVP will likely give out way more glory? That would be too insane otherwise.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

God.

Fucking.

Damnit.
Around 400 was the most glory I got from Rev(lvl 750) I think. The glory and Amrita requirements for higher levels are now ridiculous. I'm glad I got enough glory to buy all the female skins and have some left over. But can't say the same for Amrita lol. Even sold all my Amrita gear cause thought I'd never need em since level 750 lol.

Caim

God.

Fucking.

Damnit.

Depending on how fast the runs are you can get anywhere from 800 to 1k ish glory from coop runs via Yokai Realm with Companion.

The mission "The Ogress' is one of if not the fastest mission.

You may be able to get even more it's been awhile since I've played though.

-------------
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/68qf2q/list_of_inheritable_guardian_spirit_effects/

List of guardian spirits for when they are your secondary.

It does lists the new guardian spirit's effects too, I figured I'd mention this for those who don't want that spoiled.

Phloxy

Ok so some quick answers for you guys.
You keep your gear and whatever items or spells you have equipped but it's all rebalanced for pvp.
There is dedicated servers so it feels very smooth.
You get items and Amrita even if you lose.
Battle mode even lets you use secret words so you can duel your friends or setup 2 v 2 with your buddies.
New titles are unlocked through this mode as well.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I started playing this yesterday, and I know there is a learning curve to the combat. I just feel like the stance changes are like one level of complexity more than I can handle. So far I'm just sticking with a mid-stance. Is that a legit tactic? Is that a thing you can do, or will that come back to bite me in the ass?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just to add, EVERYBODY who participates in a fight contribute to your combat title progress. So you don't have to join every clan to get those clan-specific titles, for instance.
Thank godness.

Wow all your old gear is trash now compared to what you can get in the DLC.
Oh damn, that bad huh? :(

Edit:
So I started playing this yesterday, and I know there is a learning curve to the combat. I just feel like the stance changes are like one level of complexity more than I can handle. So far I'm just sticking with a mid-stance. Is that a legit tactic? Is that a thing you can do, or will that come back to bite me in the ass?
Getting familiar with the stances is a great idea, but don't worry about it too much cause with time your playstyle might change once you're more familiar and comfortable with the game. Nailing Ki Pulse and learning how to Ki Flux takes the game to a deeper level though; master these techniques because they are essential.

I switch between mid and high. Mid is normal speed + damage whereas high stance is slower but offers more damage output. That got me through the game just fine. I never use low stance.

Sarcasm

I use mid and low.

Mainly because I am use to dodging in soulsborne games. Which low stance enables.

Ogawa-san

Almost 3k for winning a 2min 1v1 between two baddies. 2k earlier from being obliterated in 1min by a magic user.

Yep, farm glory with these battles while you can. Considering how little co-op and revenants give in comparison, it's not gonna last.

Or they'll just price hike everything instead :p

PvP balance is absolutely comical as expected, even without magic. Here's hoping it doesn't spill over PvE too harshly when the "balancing changes" come.

Trakan

PvP balance is absolutely comical as expected, even without magic.

Yeah....

65j5yls.gif

Ogawa-san

Anyone having issues trying to queue for anything after a while?

Every 2 or 3 sessions of PvP battles, random visiting says there are no matches and queueing for battles do nothing. I have to close the game and restart to fix it.

Caim

Anyone having issues trying to queue for anything after a while?

Every 2 or 3 sessions of PvP battles, random visiting says there are no matches and queueing for battles do nothing. I have to close the game and restart to fix it.

Yeah it took a couple of tries to get into a match, I still haven't been able to do 1 v 1.

xuchu

lol pvp does look comical as expected. Hard to balance in a diablo game though. Probably won't be able jump into Nioh any time soon though.

How are you guys finding the new missions and way of the demon?
What does the nodachi scale with?

Just to add, EVERYBODY who participates in a fight contribute to your combat title progress. So you don't have to join every clan to get those clan-specific titles, for instance.

Nope, I was wrong about that final bit. Did not read the titles correctly.

There is a set of titles specifically for BEING in a clan and winning fights, then there is a set of titles specifically for KILLING members of other clans.

Syntsui

Wow, PvP looks bad, not touching it until they balance it. Just simply make all gear irrelevant with only skills being accountable. That's the only way to make it not a joke.

Wow, PvP looks bad, not touching it until they balance it. Just simply make all gear irrelevant with only skills being accountable. That's the only way to make it not a joke.

Alternatively they could offer preset archetypes. Like perhaps allow you to select in game figures for their skill sets and weapons (i.e. Hanzo, Muneshige, Sakon etc) and balance those sets against each other. That way you can still have a wide variety of play styles accounted for while also balancing appropriately.

I just got into a pvp match with JoeFenix.

I expected it to be a straight duel because, well, it's JoeFenix.

And it was in the first round. Then in the second round he started using ninjutsu and spamming guardian spirit talismans.

Sigh.

EDIT: Welp, I had more Glory than I thought I did. I thought I was zeroed out from crafting sake but I actually had 100k. I've pvped enough to make up the 20k to get Okatsu, so I guess I'm done with pvp.

PLAYING AS OKATSU IS AWESOME.

Naite

Been a while since I last played. Did they nerf evasion ki usage? I have it on all my gear before as well as the ninjutsu passive and I thought my character could evade without using up any ki.

xuchu

I just got into a pvp match with JoeFenix.

I expected it to be a straight duel because, well, it's JoeFenix.

And it was in the first round. Then in the second round he started using ninjutsu and spamming guardian spirit talismans.

Sigh.

EDIT: Welp, I had more Glory than I thought I did. I thought I was zeroed out from crafting sake but I actually had 100k. I've pvped enough to make up the 20k to get Okatsu, so I guess I'm done with pvp.

PLAYING AS OKATSU IS AWESOME.

Lol even the level 1 runners succumb but I'm sure if you took off your armour and showed him William's glorious buttcheeks he would've obliged.

Ogawa-san

Heh, I just saved a video from my last fight, being juggled from 100 to 0... Good times.

But to be honest, it's not even the balance that's been spoiling it for me, but not being in US/EU/Japan and so far from a server. This game is too fast for hit confirms 200ms behind, I can't dream of parrying anyone on purpose, even something super telegraphed.

Makes me wish it had P2P for 1v1... At least I could have decent matches vs people nearby.

Lol even the level 1 runners succumb but I'm sure if you took off your armour and showed him William's glorious buttcheeks he would've obliged.

To be clear, I'm not throwing shade at him. When he started using ninjutsu/onmyo, so did I.

I was just looking forward to a straight melee duel and it's my fault for assuming that's what it would be.

He won the first round, I won the second, then I got destroyed by the mizuchi guardian spirit talisman in the 3rd. I dodged like 3 of them before getting clipped, and that spirit forces a knockdown, and of course his final blow is an instant kill.

Milijango

Damn, the first DLC mission is by far the best level they've done. Great enemies. The boss one shots me but, yeah, I'm 40 levels under.

Top Bottom