• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

What's the highest damage spear in the game? I'm almost done with my sword (+9) and want to start working on something new. I've been playing a bit with different weapons and I really like the move set for the spear. Is the Red Demon one any good or is there something better?

Also, if the weapon doesn't have a heart on it but instead it has body, strength and skill and I will roll in change to Heart A, which one will be replaced with it, the one with the highest value B+? or will Heart be added as a fourth one? Don't really get it lol

FrankWza

Not the same league of quality but the Lone Wolf & Cub series sure is entertaining and great. Referring to the films here, never read the comics.

I only know shogun assassin since Wutang and Tarantino reference it a lot. Niohs definitely got me wanting to watch more samurai flicks though. Speaking of which id like to see 1 of these expert nioh players do a vid with some wutang over it. Its overdue.

Kingo is probably best, as katana builds tend to be back attack focused due to how absurd Sword of Execution is.

thanks, ive been checking out that armor set you say and the divine skill i have active is dash i just like to be in and out of the mess in seconds

also this are my most important stats on my armor which i would like to transfer to whatever armor i have to switch because it's coming short the low level of it

QJAWc6F.png

oPXmduM.png

eBxRFZY.png

What's the highest damage spear in the game? I'm almost done with my sword (+9) and want to start working on something new. I've been playing a bit with different weapons and I really like the move set for the spear. Is the Red Demon one any good or is there something better?

Also, if the weapon doesn't have a heart on it but instead it has body, strength and skill and I will roll in change to Heart A, which one will be replaced with it, the one with the highest value B+? or will Heart be added as a fourth one? Don't really get it lol

For your second question, it doesn't replace one of your inherent stat bonus, it takes up another slot. A bonus-bonus if you will.

Zetta

Well I platinumed this so I'm ready for BOTW and the Nier. I for one am looking for a rest from gaming but all these games ; ;, I even had to skip on Berserk and Ys :(.

Not the same league of quality but the Lone Wolf & Cub series sure is entertaining and great. Referring to the films here, never read the comics.
The Lone Wolf and Cub films are like my favorite movies. I also just bought the Zatoichi box set. Really exited to watch all 25(or however many) films since I've only seen a couple of them.

knitoe

Tips for

Triple Kelley?

This shit suuuuuucks.

Clear the monsters in the test tubes, run forward to enable to fight, run back to where you get blocked in, stand in the left corner behind the broken test tube, and then, 1 Kelly will run to you. While trying to stay in the corner, kill it quickly. Repeat for the next one. If done right, you can them 1v1 the entire fight. If not, 1v1 then 1v2.

Another working week over.

Time to go home and spend the weekend playing Nioh, especially since I've cleared the For Honor campaign I can now dive full in to finishing the game. Maybe I could knock out the whole 5th region by Saturday.

IvorB

Soooo... why can I not find a decent kurisagama? When I go to my recipes I see so much good stuff there for sword but nothing for chain :-(.

Also I'm at region 4 now and there are still those basic yokia behind the yokai fog. I really miss the feeling from the demos of seeing that fog and feeling nervous. I would have thought they would all at least have a tongue guy or tengu by now. Or maybe two of those basic yokai, that could be interesting...

Soooo... why can I not find a decent kurisagama? When I go to my recipes I see so much good stuff there for sword but nothing for chain :-(.

Also I'm at region 4 now and there are still those basic yokia behind the yokai fog. I really miss the feeling from the demos of seeing that fog and feeling nervous. I would have through they would all at least have a tongue guy or tengu by now. Or maybe two of those basic yokai, that could be interesting...

They should be popping up soon, but not as frequent... though I remember a lot more of them in the side missions.

IvorB

They should be popping up soon, but not as frequent... though I remember a lot more of them in the side missions.

I would be really happy with even one recipe with some kind of elemental damage or other cool inbuilt attribute then I could reforge something great. There are so many swords like that but hardly anything for other weapons.

Grady

I finally beat the 3rd boss after taking like 3 weeks off from frustration. Had to switch to mid stance and a spear. Beat her with a sliver of health left and no health packs left. She still had 1/4 of health left and only had to hit me once. Thought for sure I would die.

Chorazin

And I'm done with this. Not finishing either of the double boss fights at the end because fuck that, I'll throw my controller against the wall if I keep this up.

I'm not sure how much I want NIOH 2 at this point.

Can someone please tell me what happens when you fill up the bar for finishing the missions of Way of the Strong? I just can't beat the last two side missions no matter how much I try T_T and now I'm starting to hate the game for how unfair those missions are. Like does another mission unlocks or do you get an item or something?

Deku Tree

Can someone please tell me what happens when you fill up the bar for finishing the missions of Way of the Strong? I just can't beat the last two side missions no matter how much I try T_T and now I'm starting to hate the game for how unfair those missions are. Like does another mission unlocks or do you get an item or something?

You get two smithing texts for a kodama bowl and the kodama material thing.

And I'm done with this. Not finishing either of the double boss fights at the end because fuck that, I'll throw my controller against the wall if I keep this up.

I'm not sure how much I want NIOH 2 at this point.
Haha +1
I killed the
Hydra
last night and that's it for me. I got solid 45 hours out of Nioh, whereas the last third really tested my patience too frequently for my liking.

I don't know if my gear was just bad but some yokai were way to resilient later on. It just felt like they doubled and triplet their health pools. My katana did 900dmg and had some fancy skills.

Espada

Just for shits and giggles I ran through
Azuchi castle
while I had Mizuchi equipped. Since there's no shrine until the castle proper (unless I opt to touch the initial shrine) my damage output was obscene.

I've never seen numbers like that outside of living weapon. I wonder if that Enemies Defeated Damage Bonus A would stack with the one from the Demon King's set. Mizuchi also works well on
Sawayama castle
and
Edo

For context: I had run those missions just before with Enko in order to earn some titles and decided to try this out.

Jingo

Can someone explain me something, i was on a submission, i ran out of elixirs so i died, but when i respawned i didnt had any elixirs, i eventually had to quit the mission and return to the map, there i already had 8 elixirs again,am i missing something?

Deku Tree

Can someone explain me something, i was on a submission, i ran out of elixirs so i died, but when i respawned i didnt had any elixirs, i eventually had to quit the mission and return to the map, there i already had 8 elixirs again,am i missing something?

You refresh elixers when you visit a shrine. Not sure what happened to you. Maybe a bug?

Jingo

Its the first time this happened to me, do you have to have elixirs in stock or the shrine always gives them to you?

Deku Tree

Its the first time this happened to me, do you have to have elixirs in stock or the shrine always gives them to you?

Shrine gives you three automatically. You can get up to eight automatically depending on how many Kodama's you have collected in that area.

Just need to do the epilogue and last sub missions to finish up a second playthrough, and I'm already thinking I want to do another. :/ Maybe use a spear and heavy armor.

This playthrough was absolutely fine with zero cheese (only magic was elemental talismans). Ninjutsu was enjoyable, weak, but the utility was nice. Low and high stance kusarigama was sexy as hell (high stance does insane damage), and dual swords probably has my favorite moveset so far, even if the damage seemed low on bosses for most of the game. Once damage increased, and I got God of Wind 3, it was all over, dear enemies.

Clear the monsters in the test tubes, run forward to enable to fight, run back to where you get blocked in, stand in the left corner behind the broken test tube, and then, 1 Kelly will run to you. While trying to stay in the corner, kill it quickly. Repeat for the next one. If done right, you can them 1v1 the entire fight. If not, 1v1 then 1v2.

This is what I did after the first nasty surprise. Seemed intuitive that you could
try to keep it generally contained to one monster/clone at a time
. And indeed that works.

Much better Demon King run... 28m from the beginning of the level to killing the four mini bosses and exiting level. No deaths. I wasn't quick enough to do it without having to use another amrita potion though.

Is there any better mission than "A meeting on the other Shore" to farm + equipment? They drop a lot of +5 and +6 for me, you can also get +5 gear as a mission reward. I was wondering what is the highest + gear they can drop, never got anything higher than +6 and those drop a lot.

"The Ghosts of Sawayama" is great for Amrita farm, you can get anything from 50 to 70 mil in just a few minutes but it doesn't drop any good items.

On "The Demon King Revealed" you can get 80mil +, even close to 100mil Amrita per run, even tho it takes longer to clear it you can get some sweet items here. I got two Magatamas +4 with 28.9% Amrita earned during living weapons and +14.8 Yokai close combat damage, which makes farming Amrita even faster and easier now.

Any other good places to farm Amrita or + gear?

Deku Tree

Much better Demon King run... 28m from the beginning of the level to killing the four mini bosses and exiting level. No deaths. I wasn't quick enough to do it without having to use another amrita potion though.

How do you know when your amirita potion expires? I drank the sake but I didn't notice a status effect icon anywhere...

Top Bottom