• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Deku Tree

Thanks!

If you level magic really high then do you spells become more powerful? Do more damage? Or last longer?

Or is it just to unlock more spells? and weapons that scale with the stat become stronger?

I just got a cool idea for guardian spirits in Nioh 2- instead of just living weapon we can have the option to choose to make "living armor" and get badass abilities like flight or super dash.

IvorB

I'm on the submission, The Seven Good Tidings, and I just don't know what to do. I've wandered around this level so much and I have no clue. Anyone know where to go?

Edit: Never mind. Googled it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Have ascended to walking deity level and haven't even forged +10 anything lol. Gonna take a break till the DLC and start Horizon now. What a fun ride it has been so far, this game is still addicting as ever.

Man I got fucked six ways to Sunday in
Sekigahara

It was suppose to be an easy mission but I keep getting killed by basic soldiers lol.

Optional end game boss fights down without magic this time. Two Kings was pretty easy, while it took me a few tries with the other fight to down one, without the other killing me with projectiles. It's a hard, fun fight, that is on the edge of feeling unfair at times, but just avoids it. I'd give the double Tengu fight the "you cheap bastard" award over O&Y to be honest.

Spear guy, or NG+. Spear guy, NG+. I can't decide.

Gator86

The last stage is pretty terrible.
Ignoring the boss, the fact you don't get access to the shrine is stupid.

The last 3 or 4 levels were awful for me. Just astoundingly unremarkable stages where it's easy to get lost and a complete lack of anything remote interesting in terms of enemies encounters. The back 5th of the game is kind of trash, so if anything, they actually did a great job replicating Souls 1.

Jimrpg

Just finished region 1 in 18 hours but it feels on the slow side considering I'm hearing people clear the game in 20-25 hrs. I did stuff up my stats so I had to take a while to farm and level up again.

How long did it take you guys to beat region 1?

And how's region 2, is it more of the same? Loved the third stage in region 1. Such a cool level.

Just finished region 1 in 18 hours but it feels on the slow side considering I'm hearing people clear the game in 20-25 hrs. I did stuff up my stats so I had to take a while to farm and level up again.

And how's region 2, is it more of the same? Loved the third stage in region 1. Such a cool level.

Region 2 has some pretty memorable stages. One of my favorite regions.

The last 3 or 4 levels were awful for me. Just astoundingly unremarkable stages where it's easy to get lost and a complete lack of anything remote interesting in terms of enemies encounters. The back 5th of the game is kind of trash, so if anything, they actually did a great job replicating Souls 1.

I was okay with the second to last stage. Probably the only one in the final region where I wasn't lost at any point.
Also Orochi is so much cooler than Hundred-Eyes

I took a while for Region 1 for two reasons- finding Kodama and side quests. After that I learn to just brush through side quests.

Region 2 has some 'interesting' gimmicks. I think it's from this point that maps have some gimmicks of sort now

Gator86

Region 2 has some pretty memorable stages. One of my favorite regions.

I was okay with the second to last stage. Probably the only one in the final region where I wasn't lost at any point.
Also Orochi is so much cooler than Hundred-Eyes

Too accurate. I was lost most of Region 6. The game ending felt merciful by the time I finished the epilogue. For how great so much of it is, a weird set of stages to close things out on.

Grassy

The last stage is pretty terrible.
Ignoring the boss, the fact you don't get access to the shrine is stupid.

Yeah that's straight-up bad design. At the very least there should have been a shrine
outside the door to the final boss, so you could go down the stairs and farm the revenants if you wanted to.

Jimrpg

I took a while for Region 1 for two reasons- finding Kodama and side quests. After that I learn to just brush through side quests.

Region 2 has some 'interesting' gimmicks. I think it's from this point that maps have some gimmicks of sort now

Yep I have so much to play I might just have to do side quests on another play thru sometime. The game is still going to take me 80-100 hrs to finish at the rate I'm going.

Made a lot of progress past few days. Just beat
Ogress
. I assume I have at least passed the halfway point?

Gotta say it must have been the easiest boss thus far. Usually bosses have some sort of retaliation quick turn but this one you could just camp behind her without much risk.

Finally defeated the (Region 5 Last Boss)
Gashadokuro
, took me awhile to figure out that the remaining
weak spot were on the hands and had to bait it to slam down
. But man did it have some goofy tracking lol!

FrankWza

Finally defeated the (Region 5 Last Boss)
Gashadokuro
, took me awhile to figure out that the remaining
weak spot were on the hands and had to bait it to slam down
. But man did it have some goofy tracking lol!

Same here. 1 time i had him down to barely any health and im trying to figure out what to hit to trigger something. I was shooting the stomach spot with arrows getting harassed by archer and flying heads hahahaha

kromeo

Is there any difference between having 31% weight and 69%? Like if you're already over the 30% is it best to just go for full medium gear?

JJShadow

Is there any difference between having 31% weight and 69%? Like if you're already over the 30% is it best to just go for full medium gear?

I think there is no difference at all, only thing that matters is in which range of % weight you are: 0-29% for A agility, 30-69% for B and 70-100% for C

It's definitely worth going for full medium gear (~69%) if you're already over 30%

orkanamn

Banned
Is it bad in any way to attack other red clans when you're in the red camp? Or do you only get less glory? I thought it was vs everyone else.

Anyone running 3 sets with 3 pieces each with Yasakani Magatama? Was thinking about redoing my build and go with Warrior of the West, Yatagarasu and Red Demon.

Nami-Oyogi Kanemitsu + Warrior of the West Bow + Warrior of the West Head piece
Ravenwing Rifle + Haccho Nenbutsu + Yatagarasu Armor Do
Red Demon Gloves + Red Demon Pants + Red Demon Boots

Those three sets would give me 30% close combat damage and other bonuses as well, + 20% close combat damage from weapon + 12,5% close combat attack from Kato +29.6% damage to Yokai from Magatamas, +10% damage to Yokai from Agyo and +10% damage to Humans from Ungyo.

In total it would be over +100% damage to Yokai and over +70% damage to humans, I think that's a really good combination.

You can add another 7% from the Water debuff and 15% from the Agility bonus from rifle if it works with melee weapons, Sword of Execution Mystic Art and all sort of +% from passives, that's a lot of extra damage on the top of already massive damage boost,

Anyone running similar setup? Let me know what do you think guys as I'm ready to redo all my gear :)

Atolm

Got the platinum yesterday. About 115h invested and enjoyed it a lot. I finished with 3 weapons upgraded to +5 (Nami-Oyogi, Shiranui kusarigama and the fire Dual katanas) and all my gear to +5 or +6. Full Naomasa set, one of the few that allows A agility with very few points invested.

Can't wait for patches and DLC.

orkanamn

Banned
you get less glory slaying same clan dudes, like half of what you would get killing the same level renevant but in a different clan

Okay, cool. I saw some revenant "was killed by Blabla because of his naughty behavior", so I was thinking that might have something to do with attacking same clan/camp revenants.

Edit: Why did it say that, though? I saw someone else was killed because of his "neutral behavior", too.

Anyone running 3 sets with 3 pieces each with Yasakani Magatama? Was thinking about redoing my build and go with Warrior of the West, Yatagarasu and Red Demon.

Nami-Oyogi Kanemitsu + Warrior of the West Bow + Warrior of the West Head piece
Ravenwing Rifle + Haccho Nenbutsu + Yatagarasu Armor Do
Red Demon Gloves + Red Demon Pants + Red Demon Boots

Those three sets would give me 30% close combat damage and other bonuses as well, + 20% close combat damage from weapon + 12,5% close combat attack from Kato +29.6% damage to Yokai from Magatamas, +10% damage to Yokai from Agyo and +10% damage to Humans from Ungyo.

In total it would be over +100% damage to Yokai and over +70% damage to humans, I think that's a really good combination.

You can add another 7% from the Water debuff and 15% from the Agility bonus from rifle if it works with melee weapons, Sword of Execution Mystic Art and all sort of +% from passives, that's a lot of extra damage on the top of already massive damage boost,

Anyone running similar setup? Let me know what do you think guys as I'm ready to redo all my gear :)

Have you tried this set-up at all? I was doing something similar, but the auto-target bonus from the Yatagarasu set wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I also don't think the Red Demon bonus is worth it unless you wear enough to get the scorched perk, but then it's not that flexible of a build.

I decided to stack as much final blow damage and behind the back damage as possible so I went with the crossed sickles (5 pieces - Kingo) and the red devotion (1 piece). You can get one piece each with the ranged set bonuses as well. The damage output is crazy, especially if you like to parry.

Have you tried this set-up at all? I was doing something similar, but the auto-target bonus from the Yatagarasu set wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I also don't think the Red Demon bonus is worth it unless you wear enough to get the scorched perk, but then it's not that flexible of a build.

I decided to stack as much final blow damage and behind the back damage as possible so I went with the crossed sickles (5 pieces - Kingo) and the red devotion (1 piece). You can get one piece each with the ranged set bonuses as well. The damage output is crazy, especially if you like to parry.

Yeah I'm using it right now, I only did it for the flat 30% extra damage, don't care about other bonuses, auto aim is ok but I never use it. Red Demon's scorched perk is useless for me, as you need at least 3 to 4 hits to set them on fire and get scorched bonus, most of enemies dies in 2 to 3 hits some 3 to 4 hits with the new setup. I do close to 5K damage from behind to yokai and over 2K from the front, depends on enemies of course.

Audioboxer

Maaan, some of these later missions/side missions are brutal. Maybe I need to grind some more levels out. At 94, and doing the watcher in the darkness side mission (req 115). Game is relentless now with big enemies.

My red demon armour set, with spear seems to be increasingly hitting weaker, so I might need to try and farm revenants for higher level pieces. Don't want to waste crafting materials until NG+. Overall, trying to mess about with armour/builds seems a bit pointless until NG+ starts. Just trying to scrape by and complete NG still lol.

Yeah I'm using it right now, I only did it for the flat 30% extra damage, don't care about other bonuses, auto aim is ok but I never use it. Red Demon's scorched perk is useless for me, as you need at least 3 to 4 hits to set them on fire and get scorched bonus, most of enemies dies in 2 to 3 hits some 3 to 4 hits with the new setup. I do over 4K damage from behind to yokai and close to 2K from the front, depends on enemies of course.

I see, that is pretty good then if you want to stick to mostly light armor.

I actually double checked now and it's close to 5K from behind and over 2K from the front. Yeah I only use light armor, the only mid piece I have is the Head piece from warrior of the West and because of that I had to put some points into stamina to stay in A Agility.

| don't really use grapple or final blows, the only counter I use is the water shadow as it stacks with damage from behind and +% skill damage and +% close combat damage, it can do a massive damage and everything dies in one hit.

giphy.gif

It can do a lot more than 18K I did here, really best parry in the game but the parry window is really small.

Okay, cool. I saw some revenant "was killed by Blabla because of his naughty behavior", so I was thinking that might have something to do with attacking same clan/camp revenants.

Edit: Why did it say that, though? I saw someone else was killed because of his "neutral behavior", too.

usually those are hints that those wall yokai are nearby, basically you have 1 chance for a wall yokai to let you pass or you will have to fight him

the way it works is using emotes
blue (friendly)
yellow (neutral)
red (hostile)

if someone was killed by his neutral behavior then you should use friendly (blue emote) or hostile (red emote) you only have 1 chance to mess it up if you fail two in a row prepare to fight

Nurikabe.png

http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Nurikabe

Defeated Nioh and Husband & Wife in one try. Enko Guardian Spirit is OP vs human opponents if you can aim it. Guarantees a knockdown. No Sloth necessary (don't even have it unlocked)

Deku Tree

So basically nothing actually worthwhile? Thats a bummer.

These numbers make me so embarassed of mine lmao.

Some consumables are good if you want to grind to higher levels or attract a lot of enemies for a challenge.

Cosmetics are also fun if you want to keep playing the game.

So I would call them worthwhile. But that's up to your interpretation.

Some consumables are good if you want to grind to higher levels or attract a lot of enemies for a challenge.

Cosmetics are also fun if you want to keep playing the game.

So I would call them worthwhile. But that's up to your interpretation.

You can get 160 weapons from there as well, I got three myself, you just have to be lucky I guess, same as with forging.

Kar L

I have just been having a fun time going through regions 4 & 5 on NG+ in full ' of the Exceptional' set reforged to get +item drop rate on every single piece, and then +19% human item drop rate on both accessories. I've got many of the Smithing Texts now without much work. That's Mitsunari's set.

I also destroy revenants with ease with the -25% ki used from heavy attacks. Stagger them with 2-3 rapid heavy sword slashes and then grapple. You need to get a sword with +break and +high stance or heavy attack break. Atlas Bear also one shots them with Guardian Talismans. Talisman use knocks them down and you Finishing Blow them once and they're dead.

It has been a great all-purpose farm set with 'B rank' agility.

Number45

I'm in the Ocean Roars Again mission, and I seem to be trapped. Near the beginning (after you double back on yourself over the roof) there's an area with a hot spring (and the last of the three fires I've lit on the level) but I can't see any way of getting out again. I got in by dropping into it from a damaged ship.

The best I can see is a section of wall that's cracked (near a chest that was guarded by a Yokai) but I've thrown a bomb at that with no success. Any guidance?

Kar L

I'm in the Ocean Roars Again mission, and I seem to be trapped. Near the beginning (after you double back on yourself over the roof) there's an area with a hot spring (and the last of the three fires I've lit on the level) but I can't see any way of getting out again. I got in by dropping into it from a damaged ship.

The best I can see is a section of wall that's cracked (near a chest that was guarded by a Yokai) but I've thrown a bomb at that with no success. Any guidance?
face towards the boss area right near where that planter is that you can't jump over or get past. Go left. On the wall is a talisman you click to pull off a Nurikabe wall yokai to create a door for you to pass.

Number45

face towards the boss area right near where that planter is that you can't jump over or get past. Go left. On the wall is a talisman you click to pull off a Nurikabe wall yokai to create a door for you to pass.
Thanks! I even saw those eyes while I was on the other side...

orkanamn

Banned
usually those are hints that those wall yokai are nearby, basically you have 1 chance for a wall yokai to let you pass or you will have to fight him

the way it works is using emotes
blue (friendly)
yellow (neutral)
red (hostile)

if someone was killed by his neutral behavior then you should use friendly (blue emote) or hostile (red emote) you only have 1 chance to mess it up if you fail two in a row prepare to fight

Nurikabe.png

http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Nurikabe
Thanks, dude!

Top Bottom