• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Press Event 2016 - February 22nd

androvsky

well since visual novels are becoming more of a thing over here maybe they can revisit Sakura Wars oh god who am I kidding

Yes, I know there's a fan-translation in the works.

MUnited83

For you.
Someone said "Please no ports (I'd rather have new localizations)" and some Steam cheerleaders got really unreasonably upset about that. That's how this entire dumb argument even started.

But yeah I'm being ridiculous here.

I mean, if you like to literally make shit up, yeah, sure, you're definitely right. The guy said "Please no Steam ports.", but yeah man, let's just invent something because why not? Those damn Steam cheerleaders am I right? Hurr durr.

Let's be clear: the only one here making shit up, spouting inflamatory comments and acting like a cheerleader is yoy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
well since visual novels are becoming more of a thing over here maybe they can revisit Sakura Wars oh god who am I kidding

Yes, I know there's a fan-translation in the works.

Honestly would prefer an official version though but sales of V weren't too great. RIP

Nillansan

which they later clarified, but even that didn't stop people from being really angry at someone not being interested in PC ports.

I can't think of a more idiotic way of expressing that. It was almost as if he or she was baiting for a reaction from a sub-set of users. Also, the poster didn't edit their comment, of course people that are somewhat invested in Steam are going to react to that comment if that's first thing they see.

MUnited83

For you.
yeah I must have made this post up
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=196235318

also not sure who or what I am a cheerleader for? new localizations? I guess you could say that

Oh yes, that post, the post that thinks that magically a press conference clearly can only have or ports or new game announcements. A press conference never did both, it's phisically impossible! Now let's call all people who point that simple fact "steam cheerleaders" and "insuferrable beggars". Yeah, that will work.

Why are you clustering this thread this non-sense?
You could ask Yian that too, especially when he was the one starting with inflamatory comments.

seen this is what I'm talking about. That post says nothing extreme or outrageous, just a clear understandable preference. The discussion should've been over at that point, yet you go ham on it.

just calm down, it's gonna be okay.

this coming from the dude that comes with purposefully inflamatory comments is hilarious

Even more if you consider that if someone entered the thread and said "steam ports only pls" (a "clear understandable preference), you'd be the first one to shit on them and call out those damn "beggers" and "cheerleaders".

Oh yes, that post, the post that thinks that magically a press conference clearly can only have or ports or new game announcements. A press conference never did both, it's phisically impossible! Now let's call all people who point that simple fact "steam cheerleaders" and "beggars". Yeah, that will work.
seen this is what I'm talking about. That post says nothing extreme or outrageous, just a clear understandable preference. The discussion should've been over at that point, yet you go ham on it.

just calm down, it's gonna be okay.

Someone said "Please no ports (I'd rather have new localizations)" and some Steam cheerleaders got really unreasonably upset about that. That's how this entire dumb argument even started.

But yeah I'm being ridiculous here.

"Please no Steam ports" was the line. Could've just said "Please no ports" or "Please new games".
The people upset are the one begging for games to not be announced elsewhere.

I'm also not getting too hyped about this because nothing out of Nippon Ichi has interested me of late. Even skipped Disgaea 5.

Nillansan

"Please no Steam ports" was the line. Could've just said "Please no ports" or "Please new games".
The people upset are the one begging for games to not be announced elsewhere.

That poster was obviously baiting for reactions. I can't believe people are defending such moronic behaviour.

SarusGray

That poster was obviously baiting for reactions. I can't believe people are defending such moronic behaviour.

It's a post that literally could have been passed over instead of being made such a big deal. Person didn't want a press event just about steam ports, neither do I. I want localizations. Are you going to hang me for that?

Can they do both? Yes that would be great. Are some worried about being disappointed if they only do that? Yes. Do all of us want localization of games? Hell yes. Just move pass the subject, we'll know soon enough.

Nillansan

It's a post that literally could have been passed over instead of being made such a big deal. Person didn't want a press event just about steam ports, neither do I. I want localizations. Are you going to hang me for that?

Don't be silly. That person chose the most idiotic way of expressing that. That's what I've been saying all this time, I haven't said anything about wanting localisations is unreasonable. I can totally understand that.

dkoy

Awesome! Only company I buy from their own store rather than Best Buy or Amazon.

I would buy from their store but the EU store is ridiculous for having GBP as their price. I kind of understand since they operate out of Britain (presumably) but come on. I missed SoSC LE because of the pricing since I hesitated so much but luckily some peeps over at the vita thread pointed me towards VGP.

On topic, I'm hoping for some Exp. DRPGs, though with the way Operation Abyss performed and with how Ray Gigant is a Bamco thing I'll probably be waiting for Demon Gaze 2 before seeing any NISA/Exp. related announcements.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I would buy from their store but the EU store is ridiculous for having GBP as their price. I kind of understand since they operate out of Britain (presumably) but come on. I missed SoSC LE because of the pricing since I hesitated so much but luckily some peeps over at the vita thread pointed me towards VGP.

On topic, I'm hoping for some Exp. DRPGs, though with the way Operation Abyss performed and with how Ray Gigant is a Bamco thing I'll probably be waiting for Demon Gaze 2 before seeing any NISA/Exp. related announcements.

The only thing left at the moment is Babel really. Since outside of that Ray Gigant went to that Acttil company, there really isnt anything out yet. I wonder when Kadokawa plans on having Demon Gaze 2 localized.

dkoy

The only thing left at the moment is Babel really. Since outside of that Ray Gigant went to that Acttil company, there really isnt anything out yet. I wonder when Kadokawa plans on having Demon Gaze 2 localized.

Oh man I completely forgot Ray Gigant was already announced. Acttil's not really on my radar despite publishing SuperbeatXonic so that's probably why.

I doubt Babel is going to be localised given the performance of Abyss so yeah my comment on not seeing a NISA/Exp. related announcement until DG2 releases stands. Unless Kadokawa actually do open up a western branch.

There's always Yomawari and that spiritual sequel to the Firefly Diaries.

Oh man I completely forgot Ray Gigant was already announced. Acttil's not really on my radar despite publishing SuperbeatXonic so that's probably why.
Acttil has been practically silent after the announcement. I hope they show a bit of footage soon and at least get an active twitter or something

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wait I thought Yomawari was about a girl finding her sister and the sequel to Firefly Diaries was titled with Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight. Unless they're all made by the same team?

Oh wow I didn't see that before! Well I'll have to look into it more thanks. o/

Oh man. Just realized this is at 6PM PST. I won't have to miss it!

My first one of these kind of things as a bigger Japanese games fan + Vita owner :)

Any chance of a stream or will it be liveblogged?

My main request is for - Hayarigami (for Vita, obviously, I would have liked the DS and PS2 games but eh, I'll take what I can now), let's go. Visual novels I've wanted for a long ass time.

HI_1.jpg

52.jpg

xlarge.jpg

ME3050312917_2.jpg

Do it, NISA. Do it.

Shizuka

My main request is for - Hayarigami (for Vita, obviously, I would have liked the DS and PS2 games but eh, I'll take what I can now), let's go. Visual novels I've wanted for a long ass time.

HI_1.jpg

52.jpg

xlarge.jpg

ME3050312917_2.jpg

Do it, NISA. Do it.

It always irked me that while NISA is warming up to visual novels, they skipped every single one made by NIS so far, except for the one linked to the company's strongest property.

If they don't, they're not keeping their promise of more visual novels from their own company. I think Hayarigami definitely has international appeal due to its art style/presentation. So weird they've skipped over the series for so long.

Top Bottom