• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America Press Event 2016 - February 22nd

Saphirax

Since they have yet to do a event where they announce nothing but ports, it is petty.

Oh yeah, they shouldn't be announced at a press event hosted by a publisher because "insert dumb argument here".

guys

you do realize

it's not "either/or", right? Announcing PC ports don't stop them from announcing new games, and announcing new games doesn't stop them from announcing ports.

NISA, no. But XSEED had a press conference where they announced nothing but PC ports. This isn't about either/or. No one is against PC ports, and we are aware that announcing PC ports does not stop them from announcing new games and vice versa. It's just that press conferences are usually for new games, so when you end up with a conference that consists of only/majority PC ports, people get disappointed.

SarusGray

Or you know, announce both ports and new games at the same press event
latest

LOL. Dunno, seems less insufferable than "please no steam ports please no oh my god this press conference ruined im 5 years old oh god" group.

ok can we just leave this out of the thread its getting ridiculous now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
said if its just a press event for steam ports obviously I'll be disappointed.

Yeah that's entirely reasonable, should have quoted the guy saying all PC ports should be announced silently on twitter some other time instead of being shown in the press conference.

oh come on Yian.
I can count a lot of things more insuffarable including your current attitude.

There's a reason I don't post in the Steam thread anymore, although i'm sure some people are happy about that.

Anway, the event is live tweeted, if a good part of the event is spent on ports it's gonna be boring as hell.

I WANT Steam ports, I even buy a lot of them. I just don't care that much that I want time spent on them at a press event

Is there a group more insufferable than people begging for Steam ports? I don't think so

The group that gets mad when Japanese games get ported to Steam. Thankfully some of the worst offenders have been banned.

Getting angry that a press event wasn't catered directly to your own needs is pretty silly too.

SarusGray

Yeah that's entirely reasonable, should have quoted the guy saying all PC ports should be announced silently on twitter some other time instead of being shown in the press conference.

lets just hold a press conference for every steam port announced then, wasn't that how disgaea was announced?

back on topic, what are the chances of Yomawari? Really want that game localized and surprised it hasn't been yet.

The group that gets mad when Japanese games get ported to Steam. Thankfully some of the worst offenders have been banned.

Getting angry that a press event wasn't catered directly to your own needs is pretty silly too.

You mean catered to the main demographic that buys their games that wants their titles localized so we ALL can play it? Didn't know that was so wrong to want.

Shizuka

You know what? Psycho-Pass is really damn surprising, I was not expecting that. I was ready to create a thread calling out on NISA saying that they'd bring more visual novels after Danganronpa's success.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
lets just hold a press conference for every steam port announced then, wasn't that how disgaea was announced?

back on topic, what are the chances of Yomawari? Really want that game localized and surprised it hasn't been yet.

Well or bundle the announcement/s with a press conference or such.
I see no problem with announceing it on twitter but I see no reason for them not to do this.

Of course having a press conference for only steam ports will be dissapointing for their main audience which most oftenly is ps4/psvita, no way around that and I'm not trying to argue about that either.

Jazz573

You know what? Psycho-Pass is really damn surprising, I was not expecting that. I was ready to create a thread calling out on NISA saying that they'd bring more visual novels after Danganronpa's success.

I've gotten the impression it's not a very good game.

SarusGray

Well or bundle the announcement/s with a press conference or such.
I see no problem with announceing it on twitter but I see no reason for them not to do this.

Of course having a press conference for only steam ports will be dissapointing for their main audience which most oftenly is ps4/psvita, no way around that and I'm not trying to argue about that either.

I just want localization, don't care what its for as I have a PS4/Ps Vita and PC. I'm a bit more optimistic about the event hearing Psycho Pass being released in the fall.

We already knew the game was getting localized. Is it really that shocking NISA is the one doing it?

honestly even if this press event ended up being nothing but pc ports it's still will be something compared to NISA's AX panel last year where they announced literally nothing

Shizuka

It's a VN game, it'll take most of their time. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the only announcement they had.

I don't think you know how this works. You don't spend the good part of the year only working on a visual novel, if you want to keep your business afloat.

We already knew the game was getting localized. Is it really that shocking NISA is the one doing it?

It is, very. It's 5pb and NISA, there have been no sign of communication or previous attempts at a relationship from them, specially since NISA just got into the visual novel genre.

18-Volt

I don't think you know how this works. You don't spend the good part of the year only working on a visual novel, if you want to keep your business afloat.

I'd love to be wrong, but it seems AniHawk was right. A VN and no Vita only stuff. Only Psycho-Pass leaking is a little suspicious, it's best to keep our expectations low.

BTA

Mandatory Shin no kamaitachi no yoru(think of a weird and serious danganronpa without minigames) localization beg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-LNH4XZV4
pa.206002.1.jpg

Also uppers, net high, ukyo no roushi/shinshi, and many more.

I think it's too early for Danganronpa 3, we haven't seen anything yet!

Wouldn't any Kamaitachi game likely be from Aksys (if it were to ever happen), given that they did the iOS one?

Anyway, PP's a surprising but interesting choice; hopefully we get more VNs in general from NISA going forward. For today, I'm at least hoping for Yomawari and Root Letter, with a unlikely to be satisfied wish for Hero Must Die... though that's based on the premise alone; no idea if it's actually good, I guess, hmm.

Wouldn't any Kamaitachi game likely be from Aksys (if it were to ever happen), given that they did the iOS one?

Anyway, PP's a surprising but interesting choice; hopefully we get more VNs in general from NISA going forward. For today, I'm at least hoping for Yomawari and Root Letter, with a unlikely to be satisfied wish for Hero Must Die... though that's based on the premise alone; no idea if it's actually good, I guess, hmm.

Root letter was already announced by Kadokawa games's western branch.

BTA

They don't exactly have a western branch, they just announced a worldwide release, which could be published in the West by another company.

Yeah, this was my line of thought.

Though, to clarify, it's not like I want NISA to be releasing it specifically. I just want a full announcement and ideally a date sometime soon!

Endesu

If Yomawari is a lock, here's hoping for Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight (though it might be a bit early) and Hayarigami. Any Hayarigami. The old trilogy. The new Vita game. Any of them.

I'm begging you, NISA.

I'm keeping my expectations extremely low because I always end up disappointed by these press events. I almost wouldn't be surprised if Psycho Pass was the only game they mention.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
A date for Hotaru no Nikki PC would be nice. If they make the Lumen controls better via mouse too it'll be waaaaaaaay less frustrating to play. Hoping for some Yomawari info as well.

HGH

Banned
honestly even if this press event ended up being nothing but pc ports it's still will be something compared to NISA's AX panel last year where they announced literally nothing
Is that the one where they had a sign telling people they're listening about Soul Nomad or am I imagining things out of a feverish desire for more Soul Nomad?

Is there a group more insufferable than people begging for Steam ports? I don't think so

Yes: Those who gets physically ill when a Steam port is announced. On the only one game leaked, its also a Steam announcement. Can we please stop with the port begging accusations ?

Sheeesh I swear. Some people just feel insecure because their favorite platform wont be the only one to get a game.

We already know Sword of Stranger City, Phantom Brave and htol niq are coming. Where's the port begging ??

Yes: Those who gets physically ill when a Steam port is announced. On the only one game leaked, its also a Steam announcement. Can we please stop with the port begging accusations ?

Sheeesh I swear. Some people just feel insecure because their favorite platform wont be the only one to get a game.

We already know Sword of Stranger City, Phantom Brave and htol niq are coming. Where's the port begging ??
Someone said "Please no ports (I'd rather have new localizations)" and some Steam cheerleaders got really unreasonably upset about that. That's how this entire dumb argument even started.

But yeah I'm being ridiculous here.

NateDrake

This year, we'd like to thank you, and give you a chance to meet with our special guest, Tomohiko Deguchi. Mr. Deguchi is a former Vanillaware director on Grand Knights History, and the driving force behind one of our biggest titles of 2016, Grand Kingdom!

So, what else does this night hold? Wonders galore of course!

Face-to-face meet and greet time with Tomohiko Deguchi, the director of Grand Kingdom, Kazuhiro Watanabe, the producer of Grand Kingdom from Spike Chunsoft, as well as the always friendly NIS America staff!
Brand-new game announcements that will make you toss your Prinny!
Hands-on with some of our upcoming games including Grand Kingdom, Disgaea PC, and some of our new announcements!

Additional details about the event.

Nillansan

Someone said "Please no ports (I'd rather have new localizations)" and some Steam cheerleaders got really unreasonably upset about that. That's how this entire dumb argument even started.

But yeah I'm being ridiculous here.

That someone said, please no Steam ports. That's when the argument started. Thanks to that stupid ass comment. And yes you are being ridiculous.

Top Bottom