• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Holy fuck Suzuki just Jason Voorhees'd his way back into that sleeper

What a gorgeous dropkick from Suzuki

What a fantastic corpse sell from Suzuki on that knee trigger.

Damn that finish kinda sucked though.

kiguel182

Great match. Susuki is a fuckinf badass and Omega is the best. Only match I catched live, will watch the rest on the archive.

The very very end yeah kinda.

Botched reverse rana. And didn't like the look of that last knee.

I'm not a big fan of a two move come backs and then finish.

The potential botch was immediately covered by Omega selling his knee.

Those last two knees were savage enough for me not to be too unhappy.

**** for me.

CDiggity

Bah, I wanted Suzuki to win. Can't complain because it was a good match, but it does bring up the question on who in the block can even stop Omega besides Okada.

YTR pls

The potential botch was immediately covered by Omega selling his knee.

Those last two knees were savage enough for me not to be too unhappy.

**** for me.

Oh 4* easy. I'd go 4.25-4.5

Did like the covering of the botch for sure. Shows how Omega is so brilliant thinking on the fly.

Second to last knee was good. Last one wasn't.

Though I'll retract calling it a 2 move comeback. Rewatched and it was the end of a clear Omega offensive run.

It just felt like there was a good 3-7 minutes of match left when it finished.

Jashobeam

I get the feeling that they are setting up for a feud between the two, that match didn't seem very long and Kenny was injured early in the match and also the whole Suzuki-Gun interference, there's a whole lot more story they could tell between the two. I'd love to see that match again for sure.

Oh 4* easy. I'd go 4.25-4.5

Did like the covering of the botch for sure. Shows how Omega is so brilliant thinking on the fly.

Second to last knee was good. Last one wasn't.

Though I'll retract calling it a 2 move comeback. Rewatched and it was the end of a clear Omegs offensive run.

The last knee wasn't so bad, to my mind anyway.

Either way it was a fantastic match and another awesome as fuck show.

The next few days will be great.

I think that is my favorite Suzuki match of the year, alongside the Okada match and DDT match.

I get the feeling that they are setting up for a feud between the two, that match didn't seem very long and Kenny was injured early in the match and also the whole Suzuki-Gun interference, there's a whole lot more story they could tell between the two. I'd love to see that match again for sure.

A feud between Omega and Suzuki would be amazing and it wouldn't surprise me if it happens too.

On another note, Omega and Okada wrestled a 60 minute draw at Dominion and when they face off here it has a 30 minute time limit. It will be interesting to see how they sell it and how long they sell injuries for to play into the story of that match.

The last knee wasn't so bad, to my mind anyway.

Either way it was a fantastic match and another awesome as fuck show.

The next few days will be great.

I think that is my favorite Suzuki match of the year, alongside the Okada match and DDT match.

Heh you just listed like 3 out of like the 5 big Suzuki single matches this year ;)

Last knee just looked like it got mostly shoulder (which I mean I'm sure they all dobut they shouldn't look like it)

Ending just felt abrupt. A good few more minutes to get to the OWA would have been cool.

5Qm45Tq.gif

I was only able to catch that last match, is the rest of the show worth watching?

Definitely, all five matches tonight were good to great, you can probably skip the undercard.

Oh, by the way, if you noticed no intermission, there was a reason for that - all G1 shows from now until the end will have no intermission.

I really love how the story coming into Omega vs Suzuki was that Omega was really scared of Suzuki. In a lot of subtle (and maybe not so subtle) ways it played throughout the whole match.

It was really, really good.

One of the most legit looking flash KO sell jobs I've ever seen. I agree that it could've worked as a finish.

Given that frankly the finish was mostly out of the blue anyway and given the story of the match and the Suzuki style, a "fluke" KO would have been phenomenal finish.

kiguel182

Sanada v Evil totally delivered for me. They pulled some awesome stuff.

Not a fan of the Elgin match. I felt like it took too much time to get going.

Foggy

Agree that the finish felt a bit quick, it definitely felt like they could have gotten a little bit more out of the match. But man, Keeny's selling to save the botch was so smart. Honestly I don't even know if Suzuki can take that rana.

Overall, really good G1 matches. Not as high as the highs in night 1 but more consistent.

Oh and that opening tag match was real fun.

Another great show, I agree the finishes were a bit weak but it was a nice change of pace from the constant neck drops of night 1.

Yano was screwed though! I really thought the finish should have been a double count-out when everyone in the arena took low blows.

I kinda wished they'd have booked Yano to beat both Okada and Omega but no one else and book Okada and Omega to beat everyone else but Yano

Top Bottom