• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

pbayne

Its weird seeing Okada so jacked up lol. His undercard matches are unmissable just to see that strange shit hes doing.

Well I guess I'm an idiot.

nGjiKeh.gif

pbayne

lol at Elgin getting yanoed.

Edit: man that EVIL/Omega match made me a bit uncomfortable. Either it was awesome selling or EVIL was knocked for six. Im not liking how dangerous Omega is getting at times regardless.

Most of that main event seemed to be an attempt to one up Cena's drop last night. I'm shocked Kenny survived that snap German and that ending was horrible to watch.

lol at Elgin getting yanoed.

Edit: man that EVIL/Omega match made me a bit uncomfortable. Either it was awesome selling or EVIL was knocked for six. Im not liking how dangerous Omega is getting at times regardless.

Yeah, Omega and Ibushi moveset can be quite dangerous at times, and the scary thing is that they keep doing the same spots but adding a new layer of dangerousness.

Decent show, almost time for the last nights.

Raw64life

Just finished Omega/EVIL. Seems like Omega had the right idea to just try and pin him after he was knocked out, but when the ref wouldn't count him with his hand under the rope and EVIL got up again. But then for whatever reason Omega decided to knee him in the head again before doing his finisher. Probably should've just went right to the finisher.

Glad to hear EVIL is ok, although I hope he actually got proper testing done. I hope they didn't just have Shibata take a look at him and ask Shibata if he thinks EVIL should keep wrestling.

Hex

Banned
yikes, some of that was just unnecessary in that evil/omega match. come on.

Japanese table was trying to take someone out.
Metal bar did not break away, huge jagged screws hanging out of the top and something tried hard to take Evil's eye

pbayne

Da meltz has nagata and ishii pegged as possibly his 2 mvps so far. Hard to argue with it really but your spoilt for choice atm.

Da meltz has nagata and ishii pegged as possibly his 2 mvps so far. Hard to argue with it really but your spoilt for choice atm.

Ishii is always a MVP candidate in this events, he deserves so much more, but NJPW will never reward him with a IWGP HW run. Nagata is having a great G1, and something tells me his match wit ZSJ will be great, a technical masterpiece.

Here's the card for tonight's show in Ehime,

(1) Tomoyuki Oka and Katsuya Kitamura vs. Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi
(2) Michael Elgin, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado
(3) Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. SANADA & BUSHI
(4) Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
(5) Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano vs. EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi
(6) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. Kota Ibushi
(7) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale
(8) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hirooki Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI
(9) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(10) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe

Not a great show, but Naito vs. Sabre is the definite standout. Nagata vs. Ibushi should be a lot of fun, Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI should be interesting, and Fale vs. Ishii should be a good hoss match. Probably the weakest match is the main event, but Tana and Makabe have had great matches against each other in the past, maybe they can kindle that again.

shaowebb

Here's the card for tonight's show in Ehime,

(1) Tomoyuki Oka and Katsuya Kitamura vs. Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi
(2) Michael Elgin, Tiger Mask IV & Hirai Kawato vs. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado
(3) Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. SANADA & BUSHI
(4) Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
(5) Kazuchika Okada & Toru Yano vs. EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi
(6) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Yuji Nagata vs. Kota Ibushi
(7) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale
(8) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hirooki Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI
(9) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(10) G1 A BLOCK MATCH: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe

Not a great show, but Naito vs. Sabre is the definite standout. Nagata vs. Ibushi should be a lot of fun, Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI should be interesting, and Fale vs. Ishii should be a good hoss match. Probably the weakest match is the main event, but Tana and Makabe have had great matches against each other in the past, maybe they can kindle that again.

Nagata and Ibushi is another likely standout IMO. Ibushi does all those back and forth strikes spots and Nagata does that face slap back and forths. It'll have some good showmanship and toughman spots to be certain. Man Nagata has really pushed hard this G1. Its been nonstop great stuff from him. Both him and Elgin have had on point solid work in every matchup.

Jerm411

That uranage off the apron in the EVIL/Omega match.....ugh. Ending left me a bit sour too, EVIL was knocked damn silly....

Can't wait for ZSJ/Naito and Ibushi/Nagata....should be great.

That saito suplex...

Edit: Love Ibushi but I'm not a fan of his knee finisher. He has one of the best looking powerbombs ever then finishes his opponent with a weak ass knee strike to the shoulder.

That saito suplex...

Edit: Love Ibushi but I'm not a fan of his knee finisher. He has one of the best looking powerbombs ever then finishes his opponent with a weak ass knee strike to the shoulder.

Think it's dependent on camera angle, the one on Tanahashi looked much better. Also, he probably didn't want to piss off old man Nagata by kneeing him in the face haha.

Another low-key great match from ZSJ though I wish there was more story to it than a flash finish (though flash finishes against Sabre make sense given how he has an easy time controlling his opponent with his submission switching/countering, but looks like he has the durability of a cardboard stand-up of himself) Plus the crowd cheering for Naito despite the fact he spits on everybody is my favourite thing.

pbayne

Naito really selling that arm. Maybe itll be to give him something/disadvantage in the closing nights. Ibushis knee finisher is a bit bollocks, bust out the phoenix splash you handsome devil.
Thought Ishii/Fale was a belter, really enjoyed that match, both guys busting out some shit you dont usually see from them.

lol Makabe is the best.

"fuck you man" gets me everytime

I just realized there were like 10 people squatting and holding the barrier in place on both sides of the entry walkway.

And those people were there EVEN DURING MATCHES. That must be such a shitty job. EDIT: But I guess they do get a good view of the match.

Hex

Banned
I just realized there were like 10 people squatting and holding the barrier in place on both sides of the entry walkway.

And those people were there EVEN DURING MATCHES. That must be such a shitty job. EDIT: But I guess they do get a good view of the match.

The life of a young lion.

The life of a young lion.
Oh shit, those were young lions?

I knew they're at ringside and help keep the crowd back when the match spills out of the ring and other stuff but I didn't know they have to sit there for hours holding the barricades too.

EDIT: I think they're the staff, because the Young lions are usually wearing black and are at ringside. These guys are wearing white shirts.

LTTP Kenny/Evil but my god that OWA at the end was an awful idea. EVIL was out but Kenny just had to use that move.

I love how much more brutal NJPW is over the American garbage but I just felt for EVIL there. You could tell the dude was fucked up bad after that match. He took almost all the hard bumps.

Top Bottom