• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Climax 27 [OT] It's a Real-Life Tournament Arc!!!!!

Anth0ny

aaaaaaaaaaand I've been up for 24 hours straight

it's been a pleasure watching this work rate with you all

long live the great okada run of 2017

long live this new japan run

good bye and good. night.

TRANQUILO

Does New Japan even have heels in their main event scene lol

It's as if well thought out booking with significant payoffs and storytelling complete with some of the best matches on the god damn planet somehow, someway got everybody over.

tenor.gif

Foggy

Back to back 5+ star matches on consecutive days 2 years in a row after notoriously grueling tournaments. Gotta wonder who the last guy to do that was.

Regardless it's Naito's time and if NJPW has any sense, Naito needs to win at the Dome.

Back to back 5+ star matches on consecutive days 2 years in a row after notoriously grueling tournaments. Gotta wonder who the last guy to do that was.

Regardless it's Naito's time and if NJPW has any sense, Naito needs to win at the Dome.

It's so weird because the Okada story screams Omega is the one but you're also right

miserable

Nakamura had 5 star matches in 2014 and 2015 finals

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
STOP DROPPING OKADA ON HIS FUCKING NECK KENNY JESUS CHRIST

(im a little behind fam)

I just want say that everyone who has joined me on this journey is amazing and I love you all :)

I hope you all enjoyed the thread! Sorry if I couldn't keep up sometimes but I tried my best. But you guys are all awesome.

Jashobeam

That match had me at the edge of my seat the whole time, like both guys were fighting at the brink of death I felt. Any where to get translation of that post match promo? Seemed like he droped a few bombs going by the crowd reaction.

Best tournament in the history of wrestling?

must be a contender.

I think so, my friend. Many, many very compelling stories. Many people getting over. Many great matches.

Nagata's story and the way his final match end was one of the better wrestling stories in years, to me.

Absolutely one of, if not the best tournaments in history and possibly the best year wrestling has ever had.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

This is pretty much what they wanted at WK8 only now Naito is actually over.

Goddam this is a story 4 years in the making.

Top Bottom