• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was thinking about that too, did he leave Snow back at the wall? Why haven't we seen Snow at all? But they do talk about Robb's wolf all the time, its like his defining feature

edit: actually I take that back we did see Snow for like 3 seconds when the daughterwife got growled at and fatso shooed him away.

Jon's wolf's name is "Ghost".

In the season 1 finale, Commander Mormont in his speech about being more than just a bastard out for revenge tells him that he wants his beast with them when they go beyond the Wall to see what the hell's going on out there.

Nizz

I do feel like they should make a passing comment as such because it is a little odd how the wolf is supposedly so protective of Jon yet at certain moments like when the guy who screws all his daughters knocks him and drags him back to the rest of them, Ghost is nowhere to be seen.
Now that I think about it, it is a little weird that Ghost wasn't around when Snow was attacked by the man who breeds with his daughters. Maybe Ghost was kept somewhere for fear of him attacking someone from the village?

Magnus

The best I could muster with GIF Brewery.

ijyJhSUHOZe1Z.gif

edit- fuck, wrong thread. lol

abuC

I loved the conversation the Dothraki were having about the statute, the most efficient way to pillage is all that matters to them.

Jonm1010

Banned
Now that I think about it, it is a little weird that Ghost wasn't around when Snow was attacked by the man who breeds with his daughters. Maybe Ghost was kept somewhere for fear of him attacking someone from the village?

Which is all good, but it would be nice if a simple line of dialogue would clarify that for the audience.

Also lol at that GIF. Even in a miniskirt Tywin looks like someone you dont fuck with.

JGS

Banned
wow. I thought I remembered (obviously incorrectly) that there was some scene in The Golden Child where he was kind of mocked, but it's been so long since I've seen it.
There is a dream sequence involving mystical Foley, but it's not quite that surreal.

JGS

Banned
Which is all good, but it would be nice if a simple line of dialogue would clarify that for the audience.
I thought Ghost was shoo'd away from the girl with the rabbits by someone other than Jon.

The crew basically ignoring Ghost all the way around really indicates to me that he is a normal part of the group now. I wouldn't think that they even have caught on to the notion that there is a connection with Jon other than as a pet. Jon may not even know it,

Kozak

Banned
jumping in this thread!

Renley's death had a big impact on me :S So sudden. Definitely wasn't expecting anything close to that.

Definitely part of team Robb (!!!) but I can't even assume wtf is going to happen. I definitely feel the Stark's have a huge role to play in this series so I can imagine that their family will stick around. Lannister's seem like the next thing to go from the series. I mean, everything just points to their failure doesn't it? The king has no idea, Cercei seems to just enjoy being "Queen Regent" and Tyrion is trying to keep shit together while Tywin actually fights a war.

The show continues to surprise me. I can never guess what will happen next!

Kinyou

jumping in this thread!

Renley's death had a big impact on me :S So sudden. Definitely wasn't expecting anything close to that.

Definitely part of team Robb (!!!) but I can't even assume wtf is going to happen. I definitely feel the Stark's have a huge role to play in this series so I can imagine that their family will stick around. Lannister's seem like the next thing to go from the series. I mean, everything just points to their failure doesn't it? The king has no idea, Cercei seems to just enjoy being "Queen Regent" and Tyrion is trying to keep shit together while Tywin actually fights a war.
That's the feeling I'm getting as well. No matter who is going to win, the Lannisters are going to lose.

JGS

Banned
That's the feeling I'm getting as well. No matter who is going to win, the Lannisters are going to lose.
Its possible that Joffrey will alienate himself from the rest of the family too.

The Lannisters overall r too wealthy. They could buy their freedom many times over.

sangreal

I actually think that whoever wins, the Starks lose. I mean, they're not even trying to take the iron throne. Not sure what their goal is other than to get Sansa and Arya back, but I don't see any of the wannabe Kings letting them be independent. Also, they're on the front lines for whatever is going on north of the wall

JGS

Banned
I actually think that whoever wins, the Starks lose. I mean, they're not even trying to take the iron throne. Not sure what their goal is other than to get Sansa and Arya back, but I don't see any of the wannabe Kings letting them be independent. Also, they're on the front lines for whatever is going on north of the wall
That's what protects them the most. Being in hostile territory weather wise and semi-independent to begin with, most of the Kingdom has nothing to worry about as they keep to themselves and govern accordingly.

No one else can really control the North except the Starks & the Houses that pledge their support. If Winterfell ever fell, it would ruin everything else and even the lands that aren't supporting Stark directly due to their own ambitions (Theon and his family for example or the barbarians Tyrion befriended) would be compelled to fight against whoever is trying to rule from the Iron Throne (Plus no regard for the Wall- again spelling disaster).

aFIGurANT

Speculation is so annoying with this show - it's not as good of drama as some are acting like it is. I think having such short seasons with such long breaks is just killing this show for me personally. Anyone else in agreement with the idea that waiting a week for a couple of plots to twist here or there while knowing there about 7 more seasons of the same ahead is just for the birds? IDK but S1 was better for this reason imo, it had a better singular storyline.

Kozak

Banned

The fact that they're not trying to take the Iron throne is a huge positive for the Starks. The Starks are only out to avenge Ned's death as well as recover Sansa and Arya. I think they will end up being a host to Daenerys (spl?). I thought Renley seemed to be fine with the idea of "King of the North". I'm not too sure on this but it seemed like the North didn't really hold a lot of regard amongst the Nobles.

Stannis and the Lanissters are fucked when Daenerys' dragons grow.

Speculation is so annoying with this show - it's not as good of drama as some are acting like it is. I think having such short seasons with such long breaks is just killing this show for me personally. Anyone else in agreement with the idea that waiting a week for a couple of plots to twist here or there while knowing there about 7 more seasons of the same ahead is just for the birds? IDK but S1 was better for this reason imo, it had a better singular storyline.

Just view it like a movie

Puddles

Banned

It's about the characters. Understand that it's not about huge events and twists (although these happen). It's about characters.

If you love the show on that level, then you love the show. If you don't, well, there are plenty of channels of tv programming out there.

sangreal

The fact that they're not trying to take the Iron throne is a huge positive for the Starks. The Starks are only out to avenge Ned's death as well as recover Sansa and Arya. I think they will end up being a host to Daenerys (spl?). I thought Renley seemed to be fine with the idea of "King of the North". I'm not too sure on this but it seemed like the North didn't really hold a lot of regard amongst the Nobles.

Stannis and the Lanissters are fucked when Daenerys' dragons grow.

I thought about the Daenerys angle and that would work out since I think her dragons will be needed to fight the white walkers anyway. Regarding Renly, I didn't really understand his angle there because he said Rob can call himself king of the north... as long as he kneels to Renly and pledges fealty

jumping in this thread!

The show continues to surprise me. I can never guess what will happen next!

The Lannisters have been granted a huge reprieve after the events of this last episode. The alliance between the Starks and the Baratheons is broken (remember that Stannis accused Catlin of taking Renly's side, and Stannis also has no tolerance for Rob's "king in the north" posturing), and the Starks are going to be pulled away from the war to deal with the Greyjoys. The Lannisters don't have to worry about fighting a war on two fronts anymore and can focus on Stannis. Even better, Stannis is going to have to lay siege to king's landing, which will likely be a long and costly affair. With the advantage of wild fire, the Lannisters may be able to destroy Stannis' entire fleet.

But Stanis has a vagina daemon

Yea, but he's living the red woman behind. I'm not saying the Lannisters are absolutely going to win, I'm just saying that laying siege to a city is one of the most costly attacks an army can launch. It's extremely time consuming and there are usually a lot of casualties on the side of the attacker. The battle of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers movie actually did a pretty decent job of showing this. I don't know who's going to win, but Stannis is up against tough odds.

Kozak

Banned
I think the wildfire will actually play a major role in the upcoming episodes. It seems like it could do a lot of destruction and if word reaches out that below Kings Landing is a whole lot of explosives that could destroy the city who knows what the next course of action will be? I imagine Stannis and his demon woman don't really care for the city but more for the title of the Iron Throne.

edit:

I'm not entirely sure how Tywin will feel about it or even if he knows about it?

Jonm1010

Banned
I think the wildfire will actually play a major role in the upcoming episodes. It seems like it could do a lot of destruction and if word reaches out that below Kings Landing is a whole lot of explosives that could destroy the city who knows what the next course of action will be? I imagine Stannis and his demon woman don't really care for the city but more for the title of the Iron Throne.

Yeah that possible foreshadowing has me almost wondering if the city burns......that or stannis doesn't make it out alive this season. Then again he has the red woman who has vagina demons and shit, which has to count for something.

sangreal

Yeah that possible foreshadowing has me almost wondering if the city burns......that or stannis doesn't make it out alive this season. Then again he has the red woman who has vagina demons and shit, which has to count for something.

He left her behind though, which is why I suspect Davos will get rocked by the wildfire without the fire priestess around

MMaRsu

Banned
He left her behind though, which is why I suspect Davos will get rocked by the wildfire without the fire priestess around

Honestly I think that Stannis just said that to fuck with Stavos and he is bringing her along anyway. She will probably be useful against the uhm wildfire :).

Seguin

Banned

Imagine what it's like for us book readers to wait 5 years at a time...

JGS

Banned
Imagine what it's like for us book readers to wait 5 years at a time...
I don't know how you stand it. Book series are difficult for me to get into as it is, but an unfinished one where the writer takes his time is straight up torture. When it comes to books I like being lttp.

Furoba

Yea, but he's living the red woman behind. I'm not saying the Lannisters are absolutely going to win, I'm just saying that laying siege to a city is one of the most costly attacks an army can launch. It's extremely time consuming and there are usually a lot of casualties on the side of the attacker. The battle of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers movie actually did a pretty decent job of showing this. I don't know who's going to win, but Stannis is up against tough odds.

Unless of course, Stannis finds an open city gate... Figures like Littlefinger seem quite capable to do exactly that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
We all know that she's going to say Joffrey next, right? I mean she has to!

I'm guessing that she may want to go for an easier target, given that Joffrey is far away and surrounded by lots of soldiers. The Mountain and Tywin seem like better choices.

I'll be pretty damn pissy if they kill Tywin just like that, BTW.

JGS

Banned
It was a weird offer because the guys aren't super heroes so access to some people is going to be tough, plus it will end in their death too.

Irish

He made it pretty clear that he will take out anybody, I thought. Of course, he can't do it all in a day's time. May even take years, but he'll get it done.

JGS

Banned
Oh I agree it was pretty clear, I just can't see how possible it is. I imagine whoever has Needle is next.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm guessing that she may want to go for an easier target, given that Joffrey is far away and surrounded by lots of soldiers. The Mountain and Tywin seem like better choices.

I'll be pretty damn pissy if they kill Tywin just like that, BTW.

Why would she say Tywin though? He's just fighting the war but he had pretty much nothing to do with the death of Ned etc..

JGS

Banned
Hey, he's the one bragging about how he can kill anyone :p
He's like a a Westoros gangsta rapper. All talk... At the end of the day he was on his way to The Wall in a cage lol.

But there's no risk to Arya to take him up on the offer I guess.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Why would she say Tywin though? He's just fighting the war but he had pretty much nothing to do with the death of Ned etc..

He is the head of the Lannister family and wants to kill his brother Robb. With Tywin dead, Robb's war would be a cakewalk.

Ronabo

Anyone have the little finger "deal with it .gif" I've seen around here. It's cropped so brilliantly that it made me laugh so hard when I saw it first.

I was dumb and didn't save it.

JGS

Banned
Strategically, he's the one to kill. The Lannister army is not that good to begin with and he is the strongest one amongst them. I don't think Arya is thinking in those terms though and it may be she's looking for more personal choices. Joffrey would need to be on that list imo.

Kinyou

He's like a a Westoros gangsta rapper. All talk... At the end of the day he was on his way to The Wall in a cage lol.

But there's no risk to Arya to take him up on the offer I guess.
"THE LITTLE GIRL; IT WAS ALL HER PLAN; SHE ORDERED ME TO KILL THE KING!"

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom