• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
I honestly don't see how there can be any kind of discussion in this thread whatsoever. The attitudes of a lot of people here have turned this thread into some sort of paranoia pit. You can't even talk about what happened in the latest episode without being said to have spoiled something by someone who I'm not even sure actually watches the show.

"Man, it seems to me like Theon is getting pretty ambitious. Looks like he is going to gain the admiration of his crew by trying something extremely daring like attacking Winterfell or something."

"Ban this motherfucker!" "OMG!!! TEH SPOILERZ! Show ruined!"

Like somebody mentioned earlier, you're going to have to include a time stamp in every post just to prove what you were saying actually happened in the show. (22:50, by the way. At least, that is what I got out of that conversation between Theon and his first mate. Sounds like they plan to attack one place, knowing that they won't be able to hold it simply in order to draw the army's attention to one location, and then move on to the now undefended bigger prize. Add that to later conversation between that wildling chick and Bran....)

Is that plan going to even work? Hell if I know. I just know that that seems to be the plan. Theon's ship may get wrecked by Yara's fleet if anyone sees him going off the proper path and disobeying his father.

Omg are you kidding me? Overreact much? We just shouldnt have book readers come in and join in on discussion where it's unsure if a certain thing will happen or not. Book readers need to adhere, the other posters in here have had great discussion throughout all pages!

MMaRsu

Banned
BTW, this dude...

tumblr_m3asljeX0r1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

is a total creep. From his eyes to his voice, he seems like a naturally unsettling fellow. Brrr.

Reminds me of this fucking guy.. Mr Mystery Man....

mystery-man-encounter-lost-highway--large-msg-128818542561.jpg

Xrenity

Good episode, but the smoke monster... :\

Felt like nobody in the room was really surprised by it. I mean, there's a goddamn smoke monster in there killing someone, and they're like, 'oh ok that's too bad, let's go'.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Good episode, but the smoke monster... :\

Felt like nobody in the room was really surprised by it. I mean, there's a goddamn smoke monster in there killing someone, and they're like, 'oh ok that's too bad, let's go'.

They were terrified and unable to move.

That said, it was great seeing Brienne crushing fools left and right. That is one impossing lady. I hope she has a chance to kick more ass if those Pyke cunts dare to lay siege to Winterfell (I'm already feeling bad for half of the characters there, sigh).

They were terrified and unable to move.

That said, it was great seeing Brienne crushing fools left and right. That is one impossing lady. I hope she has a chance to kick more ass if those Pyke cunts dare to lay siege to Winterfell (I'm already feeling bad for half of the characters there, sigh).

Yup, she did a great job of showing off her skills.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I just realised that Littlefinger is in an awkward situation. What are the chances of him trying to marry Margaery to Joffrey? She surely looks determined to become the queen... I guess that could also be BAD NEWS for poor Sansa...

I saw bits of the Jack Black movie Year One in passing this weekend, and had to do a double take on Kyle Gass as the eunich. Thought it was the Spider at first.

82Qzf.jpg

Not so much in this picture but their mannerisms were very similar.

I just realised that Littlefinger is in an awkward situation. What are the chances of him trying to marry Margaery to Joffrey? She surely looks determined to become the queen... I gues that could also be BAD NEWS for poor Sansa...

If this happens, I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna kill you [/Neeson]

Petrichor

BTW, this dude...

tumblr_m3asljeX0r1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg

is a total creep. From his eyes to his voice, he seems like a naturally unsettling fellow. Brrr.

pretty sure the actor plays to that. I'm sure he played the lead villain in the excellent "the fades" :

the_fades_2.jpg

who interestingly later ends up looking like this:

tumblr_lt15ktqhxU1qmmugio2_500.jpg

small world (when you're a british actor anyway)

Petrichor

Waaaait, Joe Dempsie is the weird bloody bald guy?!

the actor who plays the creepy mage guy in game of thrones also plays the villain (called john) in the fades.... who later transforms, and is then played by joe dempsie. (Basically, actor who plays mage and joe dempsie play the same character in the fades)

Theon's really pissing me off... unless I'm missing some subtle details back through S1 to now.

I mean, I know Ned and Co. captured him as a young boy, but in turn didn't the Starks bring him up, raise him, train him, and eventually treated him as one of their own? He even became best pals with Robert, helped train Bran, etc.

...and now he's going to fight against them, on commands of his asshole father, given the shittiest ship in the fleet, all the while being endlessly mocked by his shithead sister, just because... uhh... bloodright?

Make the right decision, Theon. Fight for the family that truly cared for you. :(

the actor who plays the creepy mage guy in game of thrones also plays the villain (called john) in the fades.... who later transforms, and is then played by joe dempsie. (Basically, actor who plays mage and joe dempsie play the same character in the fades)

That makes a lot more sense, ignore my temporary stupidity. Poor guy, he must actually look something like that in real life.

Jonm1010

Banned
Theon's really pissing me off... unless I'm missing some subtle details back through S1 to now.

I mean, I know Ned and Co. captured him as a young boy, but in turn didn't the Starks bring him up, raise him, train him, and eventually treated him as one of their own? He even became best pals with Robert, helped train Bran, etc.

...and now he's going to fight against them, on commands of his asshole father, given the shittiest ship in the fleet, all the while being endlessly mocked by his shithead sister, just because... uhh... bloodright?

Make the right decision, Theon. Fight for the family that truly cared for you. :(

I may be one of the few people that partly sympathize with him.

Yeah they brought him in but Theon was still seen as a semi prisoner and would always be in the shadows of the Starks and seen as the son of a dishonorable family by that community.

There is probably something appealing to the idea that through the philosophy of paying the iron price he can earn the affection, admiration and true sense of belonging he would of never achieved in the stark family. At least that's my thought process on the matter.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My sympathy for Theon plummeted when he was stopped by Maester Luwin from abusing Osha during S1.

tumblr_llmqn6P2Xs1qis07wo1_1280.jpg

Fuck Theon. The salty cunt.

I thought Cercei was the one. She's good with sneaky stuff and she is implicated in at least 3 dirty dealings (Brann, Robert, &/or The previous Hand).

But how does she benefit from her brother being framed? It seems like that would (and did) just cause a lot of trouble for her family.

I don't quite get why Cat didn't just stay or at least go back to Stannis since he was ready to forgive (Why she went with Renly to meet him anyway is a question mark) and she still needed the army.

Stannis could have executed her for murdering his brother in order to divert suspicion away from himself.

JGS

Banned
But how does she benefit from her brother being framed? It seems like that would (and did) just cause a lot of trouble for her family.
Well, both her and Jaime hate tyrion and would be fine with him dead. However, no one, not even Ned, predicted that Cat would man up at such a stupid time and actually have him arrested. To be fair to Cat, she was afraid she was found out about the crime as well.
Stannis could have executed her for murdering his brother in order to divert suspicion away from himself.
That's definitely true, but both Stannis and she could have used each other to defeat the Lannisters. It would have been a back hand deal but no one would have suspected she was the murderer anyway.

I'm not quite sure what was said at the meeting between Renly & Stannis, but ned favoring Stannis could have resulted in some goodwill. Robb is going to have to go down and jkiss his butt anyway for assistance.

If he was treated anything like Jon Snow then i can't blame him.

Enosh

he was a hostage, a well treated one, but still a hostage
plus the Starks killed his older brothers as a punishment for the rebellion

JGS

Banned
If he was treated anything like Jon Snow then i can't blame him.
The main one that treated him like garbage was Cat. At the same time, from the moment the lannisters arriver (Even Tyrion) to him going to the Wall, I couldn't help thinking how tough it is to be him and being called bastard all day long.
he was a hostage, a well treated one, but still a hostage
plus the Starks killed his older brothers as a punishment for the rebellion
Well, it was because his father gave him up. I have mixed emotions about him honestly. I think overall he's a not bad apple but he carries a lot of baggage. He doesn't really know how to be noble. Even his royal lineage is a bunch of hillbillies.

Like I said before, he reminds me of a better developed Anakin, so it's hard for me to imagine he'll be anything but bad.

It doesn't help that I will always favor the Starks (Who will eventually pledge their support for Dany)- This is joke specualtion

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I love Brann's ability to be a level headed ruler while the grown ups are gone. He didn't even need his steward and the reasonsing for assisting the one village was spot on even if it opened up a danger for Winterfell.

Nizz

The main one that treated him like garbage was Cat. At the same time, from the moment the lannisters arriver (Even Tyrion) to him going to the Wall, I couldn't help thinking how tough it is to be him and being called bastard all day long.
Well, it was because his father gave him up. I have mixed emotions about him honestly. I think overall he's a not bad apple but he carries a lot of baggage. He doesn't really know how to be noble. Even his royal lineage is a bunch of hillbillies.
Yep. Poor Snow is dumped on for something that was completely out of his control.

Like I said before, he reminds me of a better developed Anakin, so it's hard for me to imagine he'll be anything but bad.

It doesn't help that I will always favor the Starks (Who will eventually pledge their support for Dany)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I love Brann's ability to be a level headed ruler while the grown ups are gone. He didn't even need his steward and the reasonsing for assisting the one village was spot on even if it opened up a danger for Winterfell.
Umm, is this speculation on your part?

Violet_0

Banned
Theon is a bit of a dick most of the time, but I'm actually starting to like him more in season 2. True, he has many flaws, but he's also one of the more believable characters in the show. And then there was this badass scene (one of the very best so far).

e: I think he's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters

The actor playing Theon is one of the ugliest people in the show. Dude looks like a cracked-out Mick Jagger. And recently the directors have decided to use these close-ass shots of his face. Seeing his penis last season was bad enough, I don't need your camera 2 inches from his face in every shot.

It's disgusting.

JGS

Banned
Yep. Poor Snow is dumped on for something that was completely out of his control.

Umm, is this speculation on your part?
Definitely (I should have put lol). That series is too long and unfinished for me to be interested in. The show is doing for me at this point.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Theon is a bit of a dick most of the time, but I'm actually starting to like him more in season 2. True, he has many flaws, but he's also one of the more believable characters in the show. And then there was this badass scene (one of the very best so far this).

The music during his baptism is pretty great. Actually, it was during the last episode that I realised that each nation has its own theme.

The actor playing Theon is one of the ugliest people in the show. Dude looks like a cracked-out Mick Jagger. And recently the directors have decided to use these close-ass shots of his face. Seeing his penis last season was bad enough, I don't need your camera 2 inches from his face in every shot.

It's disgusting.

It blows my mind that he is Lily Allen's brother. Granted she is not the prettiest girl out there, but she is not the ugliest neither.

lily-allen-15.jpg

I mean, wut?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

It's disgusting.

wow

Nizz

It's disgusting.
The one guy who makes me want to punch my tv is Joffrey. That smug look the little bastard always has on his face, it burns me up. Perfect casting!

Definitely (I should have put lol). That series is too long and unfinished for me to be interested in. The show is doing for me at this point.
Oh, ok. I'm loving the show format too. I'd rather take in this story and characters this way as opposed to the books.

As a stark he'll always play second fiddle to rob, he's been back with his "true" family for a few weeks and has already been given a ship, crew and a chance to make his own way in the world. They're hillbillies, slavers and rapists...but i like them, maybe because they're all out of fucks to give.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wonder if there are any laws in Pyke preventing Theon for cutting the throat of his crew of rebellious douchebags without due process.

Man, as much as I hate him he gets shat on by everyone.

Road

Title should be changed to 'NO BOOK TALK WHATSOEVER AT ALL'

Having only "spoilers" make people think it's ok to discuss the books, when it is not.

This thread is a lost cause anyway. I don't know why I'm still checking on it. =P

JGS

Banned
I'm thinking I made a mistake saying something about the book at all so sorry.

However, I hope speculation will remain alive and well. At some point there has to be a trust system in place regarding it and I think most posts have been sincere.

Nizz

Title should be changed to 'NO BOOK TALK WHATSOEVER AT ALL'

Having only "spoilers" make people think it's ok to discuss the books, when it is not.

This thread is a lost cause anyway. I don't know why I'm still checking on it. =P
Nah, this thread is great.

I've been pretty impressed with the CG so far. The dragons and the Dire wolves look great. I understand that because of budget/schedule they can't probably do a full on battle scene but it would be so awesome seeing Robb's army with Grey Wind charging towards the Lannister's army. That would be epic.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Apparently Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Doomsday) directed an actual battle for what is left of S2.

I'm hyped as fuck. Marshall is fantastic with tight budgets and ultraviolence, so HBO and TV seem like the perfect medium for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom