• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - Atlas Rises |OT| Nada, Polo and you no longer fly solo

13ruce

Banned
Now that i know decently hoe to craft stuff i will start a save on survival.

I read online when you get a few suit upgrades it becomes pretty manageable. And otherwise i still have the normal save always.

Btw came across a huge creature with a small AF head killed it before i could take a screen tho:(

mario_O

Should I get this on PS4 Pro (1080p) or PC (980 Ti 1440p) if I want the best graphics and performance?

980Ti here. I can't get it to run smooth at 1440p60. Playing at 1080p, and with some dips depending on the planet. Max settings though. Also, there's no HDR on PC.

I entered the galactic trading menu at a station on my starting planet and now I can't back out of the menu. Anyone else run in to this? I don't know how much this game autosaves as I haven't played it in forever so I'll just have to see how much progress I'm about to lose.

edit: ah nevermind you right click to back out. What the fuck is that.

Patrick S.

Banned
I've seen a used Limited Edition copy of this game for sale that comes with these two extras:

5IteAkd.png

98kmE2I.png

Did that stuff come as exclusive extra at some retailer, or is it something bought separately from the game?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah, no, I can't deal with all these bugs. Sucks, as I was really looking forward to getting into this again with all the new stuff. But it seems like they have focused too much on new content and too little on fixing all the broken shit.

Here's the turning speed bug I'm experiencing, described in a Reddit thread from a fucking year ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wulnv/controller_turning_speed_problems/

Come on, HG.

it's a huge update what do you expect? there will be bugs. get over yourself.

Looks like my base building quests are completely broken :-\

Every time I try to talk to one of them it says they are busy and shouldn't be disturbed...Already rebuild the base and everything.

Hope they fix this.

daxy

it's a huge update what do you expect? there will be bugs. get over yourself.

I think it's fair to expect the game to be in a fully playable/stable state, even though the update is significant. No need to get at each other's throats.

I saw someone on Reddit suggest turning off the Nvidia overlay in GeForce Experience under general settings to improve performance. It drastically improved performance on my 770. I now get a rock solid 60fps.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wish I could get another ship but everything is so expensive. I actually found a crashed ship with a bigger inventory and got excited, but I didnt have the mats to repair its systems and you can just switch out the ones on your good ship, which sucks :(
The only major repairs you'd need to do to get it to a space station would be the launch thrusters and pulse engine. You can likely just find the materials for this nearby.
Any specific methods on finding certain biome planets?
Scanning a planet in your crosshairs from orbit will tell you its biome and a few of the resources you can find there. Other than that I'm not sure- certain systems may have more planets of certain biomes/types since the system recategorization.
I'd like to know this as well. I have not played since launch but had a good sized ship and a decent amount of credits and inventory space. I'd rather not restart but I also don't want to miss out on all the new features/bug fixes/texture changes, etc. Is all of this implemented well with old saves or am I better off restarting entirely?
You don't miss out on any content, but there are some bugs you may only experience as someone on an old save, most specifically related to base building.
Has nobody else experienced this on PS4? It's driving me nuts. Restarted, no change.
never heard of that :( Do you have another DS4 to try by any chance?
It's also weird that they haven't fixed the mining beam cooldown glitch (where you can just stop mining and start again right away to skip the cooldown entirely) after all this time. Do they not consider it a glitch? Makes it kinda pointless.
Never thought of it as a glitch, just managing the heat of your multitool. The beam coolant upgrades are still nice in that it makes the heat bar fill slower, so you don't have to take your finger off as often.
Kinda sucks that right off the bat I can't really do much!
Can you describe a little better what you're experiencing? What's stopping you from leaving that planet if you're not equipped for it?

Looks like my base building quests are completely broken :-\

Every time I try to talk to one of them it says they are busy and shouldn't be disturbed...Already rebuild the base and everything.

Hope they fix this.

Same issue, assumed it was due to me moving to a new base planet and having new employees.

HeeHo

I haven't experienced anything bug related on Survival yet. It seems pretty smooth. I only played for like an hour though.

I did not have that quest objective glitch someone mentioned earlier either.

bosseye

Low fly is fantastic. Shame you can't fly under certain objects, but just having the ability to wind through canyons or between trees etc makes traversing in your ship so much more engaging.

4k pro performance has been fine for me too, I was expecting a slide show given some of the comments on here, but I've not really noticed any drops at all in 3 hours or play. Fov set to 90.

The improved textures are great too, it all looks much better.

Great update. Not sure how I'll afford a freighter though, 80,000,000 the first one I found, after 3 hours I have 350k units....Yeah.

Pixeltuner

Neo Member
Same issue, assumed it was due to me moving to a new base planet and having new employees.

Had the same when I recruited the Korvax scientist again in my new base. I got a Gek overseer after that and he triggered correctly. Gave me a science terminal blueprint (which I already had) and then the scientist started triggering the new 1.3 stuff after that. Maybe that helps for you as well?

Also, hello GAF!

DrBo42

I have no idea what I am doing. I just started and now I have to sit in my ship because it is too cold?
That'll happen. You can take shelter in buildings, caves, use zinc to recharge your hazard protection. Or crafting shielding items with iron and platinum? I think. Eventually if you get a grenade launcher addon for your multitool you can burrow and make your own temporary shelter. Find cold weatger protection blueprints for your suit via luck or nanite salesmen at stations. You have options, some just take longer or more RNG than others.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Low fly is fantastic. Shame you can't fly under certain objects, but just having the ability to wind through canyons or between trees etc makes traversing in your ship so much more engaging.
While it is great I am ashamed to say it made me realize I had become pretty dependent on the autocorrection before. i have very nearly crashed 3 times. :p
Had the same when I recruited the Korvax scientist again in my new base. I got a Gek overseer after that and he triggered correctly. Gave me a science terminal blueprint (which I already had) and then the scientist started triggering the new 1.3 stuff after that. Maybe that helps for you as well?

Also, hello GAF!
Hello! Right, I think this is the same thing as what you're saying, from Reddit:
build a new base and get new followers. Start doing the quests as if it where the first time. (Start with the gek overseer)

MattAces

Going to hold off for some bug fixes then, cheers.
PS4 Pro 1080p60. Few dips when I'm full speed in my hoverbike and extreme populated animals area, other than that smooth frame rate and very minor bugs, nothing critical that I can even remember. New save file though. I've played at least 10 hours since the update.

one year of updates.

Game still runs at sub-20FPS on planets on my GTX1070. everything on low.

I commend them for adding more content, but y'all gotta optimise, too. work on that next, please.

ParityBit

Can you describe a little better what you're experiencing? What's stopping you from leaving that planet if you're not equipped for it?

Well I am on a montain with unstable temperatures, so I can only stay out of the ship for so long. I went into the closest cave I could find and it was pretty hostile so I used a lot of resources to recharge my multi-tool.

I finally got to the point of building a Signal booster and the closest place to gather heridium is about 5 min away. I am not sure if I could make that. Plus I only have 25% live support and have not found anything to recharge that.

mandiller

Hello!

Thanks so much for all of your feedback following the launch of Atlas Rises, it’s great to see so many of you enjoying the update.

Today we’re releasing Patch 1.31 on both PS4 and Steam. This fixes a number of issues including:

Fixed an issue causing some players to crash when accessing the galactic map while having too many waypoints active
Fixed a crash some players experience when pinning certain tech
Fixed a crash which occurs when players with particularly long play-throughs attempt to save the game
Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in guild missions not crediting correctly

Still doesn't fix any of my issues. I can't buy a cargo slot for my exosuit and I keep falling through the ground when mining minerals.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
one year of updates.

I commend them for adding more content, but y'all gotta optimise, too. work on that next, please.
At what resolution and what CPU? That does not sound right.. at all.
Well I am on a montain with unstable temperatures, so I can only stay out of the ship for so long. I went into the closest cave I could find and it was pretty hostile so I used a lot of resources to recharge my multi-tool.

I finally got to the point of building a Signal booster and the closest place to gather heridium is about 5 min away. I am not sure if I could make that. Plus I only have 25% live support and have not found anything to recharge that.
Are you just trying to find the basic repairs for your ship to be able to get it off the ground for the first time?

Is this your first experience with the game and are you playing on Survival?

Patrick S.

Banned
one year of updates.

Something wrong with your PC. When it came out, I got to try it on my PC, at the time a 4690k at stock speed, a GTX 970 and 8gb RAM, and it ran flawlessly at medium/high settings.

ParityBit

Are you just trying to find the basic repairs for your ship to be able to get it off the ground for the first time?

Is this your first experience with the game and are you playing on Survival?

Yes, all basic and I am playing normal mode. Daytime temp is like -80 F.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

13ruce

Banned
Made it to my ship and found all mats to fix it i fortunately got a very resourcefull planet as a starting planet on survival now.

No glitches so far on og ps4.

I don't understand what the in flight in atmosphere scanner is for now. It keeps locating buildings 20+ minutes away. Yeah, not going to fly for 20 minutes in one direction. If you straddle atmosphere and space you can go ~10x faster to get there in 1-2 minutes, but most of the time I wind up out of atmosphere and the waypoint disappears. This is very frustrating. Think I'm going to be done with this game again, it's just so disappointing still.
Got the same thing, the scanner is a bit useless now. It doesn't catch nearby buildings and such, but is displaying for away ones. Bit annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, all basic and I am playing normal mode. Daytime temp is like -80 F.
Damn. Basically, you hit the anti-lottery in terms of starting planets. Since you have nothing to save so far, it's up to you if you just want to "re-roll" with a new game, likely getting an easier go of it, or stick it out to cut your teeth on a harsh planet. As soon as you have your launch thrusters and pulse engine you can leave that rock behind forever, but you got some reallllly bad luck to be having that much hazard/hostility on Normal.

ParityBit

Damn. Basically, you hit the anti-lottery in terms of starting planets. Since you have nothing to save so far, it's up to you if you just want to "re-roll" with a new game, likely getting an easier go of it, or stick it out to cut your teeth on a harsh planet. As soon as you have your launch thrusters and pulse engine you can leave that rock behind forever, but you got some reallllly bad luck to be having that much hazard/hostility on Normal.

lol Figures. how do I restart? At least I learned a little about the game setup.

Also, hello GAF!

None of them allow me to speak to them, but thanks anyway :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
never heard of that :( Do you have another DS4 to try by any chance?

Never thought of it as a glitch, just managing the heat of your multitool. The beam coolant upgrades are still nice in that it makes the heat bar fill slower, so you don't have to take your finger off as often.

It's not the DS4, it works great in other games.

It's gotta be a glitch. There's a cooldown animation of the heat meter, but if you start mining again it instantly drops to zero and then starts going up again. Certainly LOOKS like a glitch. Otherwise, why even have the cooldown animation?

13ruce

Banned
Okay this is very cool just got a free new multitool weapon from a alien in the first space station. And i do not even understand his language ha:p

ParityBit

OK, restarted. Temps are 110 F in the day. And my suit is burning down even faster!

Hahaha

Okay, 3rd time I am under 5.0 rad with volatile weather. Is this stuff normal? This is the 3rd try on restarting.
4th time is 53.5 Tox .....

ah do you happen to remember the step it glitched on? or what the quest you got right before it did was?

Submit it here if you remember any of those details: https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=167605

Seems like a pretty widespread issue so I imagine it is high on their priority list to fix.

Thanks, submitted a bug report. Plenty of other stuff to keep me busy in the meantime!

Anyone found a crashed freighter yet btw? How do you find them? Just follow the question marks and wait for on to pop up or something?

Thanks, submitted a bug report. Plenty of other stuff to keep me busy in the meantime!

Anyone found a crashed freighter yet btw? How do you find them? Just follow the question marks and wait for on to pop up or something?
I found two. Quest path pointed me to one. And another through one of those consoles in a planetary base.

But I can do little with it, since all the tech stuff seems to be underground and I can't demolish ground yet. Need some upgrades for that.

Unicorn

Looks like my base building quests are completely broken :-

Hope they fix this.
So, uh they basically reset the quest stuff as some crafting has changed ingredients. Rebuild and rehire the crew and gotta redo all the he quests.

What I've been doing the past hour. Luckily a lot of it will auto complete. Gotta make the certain mission your selected job in the menu and tends to update. Still need materials and to craft, but luckily I had most stockpiled.

Super frustrating and broken for continued saves. Still dislike the linear nature of base missions too, but not much to do about it.

Also, I have an water home world and still there will be invisible buildings for the missions. Got really pissed but when I walked to the spot it completed the objective... So maybe that's the "fix"?

OK, restarted. Temps are 110 F in the day. And my suit is burning down even faster!

Hahaha

Okay, 3rd time I am under 5.0 rad with volatile weather. Is this stuff normal? This is the 3rd try on restarting.
4th time is 53.5 Tox .....

Pretty normal, yeah.

It's a part of the progression in the game. You're constantly upgrading everything and getting more and more efficient.

Top Bottom