• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
those guides on getting a ship quickly for free are great except that using the beacons are more a waste of time since they can pingpong you for a long time and end up even moving to the other side of the planet giving you towers to the ones you went to already.

SO
I have found a better way

Take note of the features of the transmission towers
Float along in each ship to the buildings that look the same as the first tower.

Then repair new upgrade = Profit

Trojan

those guides on getting a ship quickly for free are great except that using the beacons are more a waste of time since they can pingpong you for a long time and end up even moving to the other side of the planet giving you towers to the ones you went to already.

SO

Float along in each ship to the buildings that look the same as the first tower.

I know how I will be spending the rest of my night now...good advice

Should be required viewing for anyone who doubts they shot expectations sky high with those reveal trailers compared to what we actually got. Also fuckin LOL.

Reminds me of that Colonial Marines alien.

Yeah. The game was hyped to be Jurassic Park in Space while you explore it on the USS Enterprise doing your best James T. Kirk impression.

And now, it's um - mine shit for more inventory slots. Yeah...

Despite all this I'm still playing the game

Mindlog

Some of the worlds in this game are outstanding.
If you ever see the Green Duck star system stop by. Every body has something, but Donald is jaw dropping.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Yeah. The game was hyped to be Jurassic Park in Space while you explore it on the USS Enterprise doing your best James T. Kirk impression.

And now, it's um - mine shit for more inventory slots. Yeah...

Despite all this I'm still playing the game
I'm still playing it on and off too - now I almost want to fly to other planets just to see how many stupid creatures like that I can find. Comedy gold.

SO

...wut?

So, are you saying ...wut? Can you explain what you mean a little bit better.

Find the ship you want...and then travel until you see a tower....huh?

What's the deal with Signal Scanners? If there are two near each other will they reveal different locations? And if I pick Monolith twice on the same one is it going to try to find two different monoliths?

Muzicfreq

Banned
...wut?

So, are you saying ...wut? Can you explain what you mean a little bit better.

Find the ship you want...and then travel until you see a tower....huh?

use any ship and fly along till you find a building with a tower coming out the top
Each planet has a different looking tower type
go into them to find crash ship location
Go to crashed ship and if theres more space exchange for that one

repair the thrusters and then find the next tower.

Dont follow the beacon guide since it can be extremely buggy and pingpong you even through the whole planet.

Just float along till you see a transmission tower.

use any ship and fly along till you find a building with a tower coming out the top

Dont follow the beacon guide since it can be extremely buggy and pingpong you even through the whole planet.

Okay, I understand now. But floating along until you find a transmission tower to might seem like it would take awhile no?

Megasoum

Banned
So is there any known issues about possibly some species bugging out and not showing up on planets?

It's kinda ridiculous... I've been running around that planet for hours now with 12 out of 13 species...

Megasoum

Banned

What do you mean by "Tower" exactly? The things that looks like a bit bigger save points that when you activate make the came zoom out?

Muzicfreq

Banned
3 + 5 = 8
5 + 8 = 13
8 + 13 = 21
13 + 21 = xx

xnQEZZh.gif

Is there something you have to do get the space anomaly to spawn or is it just random? 've made over 20 warp jumps now and haven't seen it since that last time. I need that shortcut...

Kyoufu

I've got to the point where the game boils down to farming warp cores. I think that I might be done.

I'm a space pirate. The biggest asshole flying a ship is me. Anyone I see in my way gets gunned down swiftly, it's pretty fun, although Elite: Dangerous does that so much better than this game does, but still, a change of pace and makes things exciting when you have the entire star system after you lol.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Been playing on PC. Game is mega addicting. My starting system has 5 planets and they all are resource rich minus one. Gold and rare materials everywhere. Almost no sentinals. I found a tall mountain with a trade post on top and is easy to identify, and ive just been farming giant gold and aluminum everywhere and selling at +5% value on top of the mountain. Even better is ships are constantly flying in. I just bought a 23 slot one. Havent even built my hyperdrive yet.

oh yeah and the planet has those damn exosuit slot pods everywhere. Im already at 26 slots.

it's crazy that I only found one planet with no life on it besides you know people chilling in houses and whatnot

one planet was dead looking but had like 13 species on it and there were a ton of them

besides those 2, 1 paradise planet, and my starter planet all of my planets have been super lush, wet and poisonous as fuck

also is it normal to have of two of same exact planet in one system? It had the same species, same flora, same everything! I thought I was going crazy scanning creatures I apparently already discovered.

lt519

Gonna give the "post-game" one more try tonight. Read some interesting stuff on Reddit about the System Classes having different rarities, more flora and fauna, etc. Want to see if it is true.

There are four types of systems

Off to an OP7F now.

Edit: and it just crashed, fucking a, try and suck more fun out of this game Hello Games.

Edit: and it just froze on boot up.

Alright let's try a different O7.

DjRalford

Gonna give the "post-game" one more try tonight. Read some interesting stuff on Reddit about the System Classes having different rarities, more flora and fauna, etc. Want to see if it is true.

There are four types of systems

Off to an OP7F now.

Edit: and it just crashed, fucking a, try and suck more fun out of this game Hello Games.

Edit: and it just froze on boot up.

Hopefully it's not corrupted your save file.

Should be required viewing for anyone who doubts they shot expectations sky high with those reveal trailers compared to what we actually got. Also fuckin LOL.

Reminds me of that Colonial Marines alien.

That creature definitely had a bad roll of the RNG.

I'm yet to come across anything near as wacky as that. Everything I've come across has been pretty cool and varied. Only come across one really big dinosaur scale creature though.

Toki767

I actually might be done myself for the time being until more content is out there.

I enjoyed my time with the game a lot, but other than getting to the center of the galaxy, which I'd have to warp jump over 150 times at this rate, I don't really feel like there's much else for me to realistically do.

Poyunch

I spent the day on this moon after landing on it yesterday evening.

The "rare resource" of this moon was venom sacs that would attack you if you got close to them and unlike other rare resources they were abundant. I hated it. I had to walk around them constantly and mining them would trigger the Sentinels.

But then I found an outpost with a sales terminal and I ended up going from around 180,000 units to 5,000,000 units after a few hours of mining and dodging Sentinels.

The only thing left for me now is to find the last species. Outside of a few stragglers all the animals seemed to stick together so it was pretty easy at first. Now after spending so many hours here and getting so close to 100% the planet I'm going to make it my endgoal for tomorrow to find this last animal and finally get off this moon.

DjRalford

So I have a marker for a crash ship.... It's 1h away

My current ship is one hour away too but in the other direction lol... Fuck

is there no ship pylon or landing pad near by?
it calls for your ship and lands it there for you and costs a bypass chip iirc.

So I have a marker for a crash ship.... It's 1h away

My current ship is one hour away too but in the other direction lol... Fuck

Go back to your own ship .. it's always better to go back the way you came rather than to go in to the unknow like that for a reward that might be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom