• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started playing. The constant drone attacks are already making me hate the game.

I barely ever find myself attacked by drones/sentinels, unless I'm on a planet stealing rare resources or the planet warns me that the sentinels are on high alert or whatever.

Once you leave your first planet you'll be fine.

lt519

Second planet in O0pf is also extreme but with Frozen, so there goes the 0-9 being hot/cold. 2 for 2 on Extreme. But it does have these creepy as hell things floating in the air I can't even scan. Wtf.

Edit: ah shoot them for Radnox material. So 2 for 2 on rare resources too.

Just started playing. The constant drone attacks are already making me hate the game.

Reroll for a better spawn. My starting planet was freezing so I had to continually apply resources to life support but the sentinels were docile and animals were non-threatening. You don't want aggressive sentinels on top of all the nonsense you have to do right at the start.

Either that or just stop doing things in front of them. Real easy to avoid getting shot if they never see you break the law.

mulac

Anyone else getting lost when you come back to a planet (before hyper-drive out of the system) and try to find a building you already discovered?

lt519

Game just froze after farming a ton of that Radnox. This is just unacceptable. Neat that the star system thing seems to work for rarity/extremes, but I'm done until they patch this up. 3rd crash in 30 minutes tonight.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can the highest level warp reactor, Theta, go to all stars? Or do you need to keep the Sigma and Tau installed as well?

2AdEPT

Oh...Oh man. I need money. Glad I'm on my new home planet.

I was just on an expedition looting as many Vortex Cubes and Aqua Spheres I could find since my current world is filled with them and has docile Sentinels.

Soon as I cash in my rewards, this guy just shows up on the landing pad.

I need only another 17 Million....yeesh!

I hate that I have access to so many slots but my tiny little bug of a spaceship is the only one that had a warp enhancer already installed. Feeeling like I had a lucky break on one hand, but I cant be stuck with only 18 slots forever!!!!! Litterally no other ships in thi ssystem have the thing installed except for mine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Game just froze after farming a ton of that Radnox. This is just unacceptable. Neat that the star system thing seems to work for rarity/extremes, but I'm done until they patch this up. 3rd crash in 30 minutes tonight.
Wow, that really sucks. I just want to thank you for taking the time to check the planets and report back though.
Oh wow. That's why some of the ringed white dots never seem to disappear. That is maybe the least obvious feature in a game full of non-obvious features.
One of many but it's a contender

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can the highest level warp reactor, Theta, go to all stars? Or do you need to keep the Sigma and Tau installed as well?
Not only do you need them installed to visit certain systems, all of your warp upgrades (like all upgrades) are cumulatively impacting your hyperdrive power, so you can warp further total distances with all installed.

muteki

Found a wall multi tool upgrade box that crashes the game 100% of the time. Really wondering what is in there.

Got more jet packs, stamina, and warp upgrade tau tonight.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Not only to you need them installed to visit certain systems, all of your warp upgrades (like all upgrades) are cumulatively impacting your hyperdrive power, so you can warp further total distances with all installed.

Ah okay, thank you.

2AdEPT

Yeah they aren't continuous...I am going to upload a video on how to break through steel reinforced doors and blow away sentinels with my virtually starting multi-tool....upgrade your multi tool with plasma grenades and OHK those suckers out of oblivion....they drop good shit like neutrino casings and titanium etc. THe
terminal inside this doors
often lets you get a signal for a crashed ship, which even if you dont trade, always has great tech to loot.

E92 M3

I noticed the crashing happens when the discovery page is opened. Not all the time, but it seems to be a trigger - at least for me.

AHK_Hero

Found a wall multi tool upgrade box that crashes the game 100% of the time. Really wondering what is in there.

Got more jet packs, stamina, and warp upgrade tau tonight.

This just happened to me too. Tried to open it three times. Every time was an immediate crash.

Haven't had any problems with stability otherwise.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This just happened to me too. Tried to open it three times. Every time was an immediate crash.

Haven't had any problems with stability otherwise.
Make sure to report these bugs with the video snippet if you can, super easy if you're on PS4. Seeing the easily repro ones will be super helpful to HG.

lt519

Creepy Radnox source.

rw1qGtt.jpg

I wonder if my crashes have to do with network features. I'm in a flaky connection in a hotel. I've been hit pretty hard by them the whole week.

Rudiano

Banned
Guys my game is no longer saving :-( Its 5.30am where I am, but my current and previous saves are from 4.42 am even though I went to some beacons and went in and out of my ship. So I loaded my 4.42am previous save and BAM I've lost an hour of exploring. I then explored a bit and then saved again, but it still says my last save is 4.42 am WTF?
edit: Nevermind. I restarted the game and my new saves are now working. Sucks though it randomly stopped working and luckily I only 1 hour of gameplay

So in an O0pf system you had two planets with extreme weather, each of which also had a very rare material or resource, right?

I'm on my first O system planet (already turned the game off for the night so I don't remember the rest of the system code) and it has extreme radiation and Calium sources every 10 feet.

So in an O0pf system you had two planets with extreme weather, each of which also had a very rare material or resource, right?

O systems are all resource heavy. They supposedly require theta drives but I'm getting into them with a tau. Apparently there are B class stars that are theta only as well but I've not found in yet.

OuterLimits

I must have the most bugged copy around, this shit happens every hour or so:

gJjmB3.gif

Sometimes I get lucky and stay in the atmosphere, other times I get launched right into space.

This happens to me a fair amount also. I would say when taking off from a planet I get ejected into space about 25% of the time. Annoying.

wiibomb

I've seen there's a message out in space which says "Distress Signal" but when I actually get to the place, there is nothing to interact, what are those?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm on my first O system planet (already turned the game off for the night so I don't remember the rest of the system code) and it has extreme radiation and Calium sources every 10 feet.
Thank you. Cool

I'm thinking the spectral class (the first letter) indicates a set of possibilities that are common to all systems in that class, and the other letters/numbers actually indicate how likely certain things are on any given planet.
Just got the blueprint for AtlasPass V1....

Let me guess.... Those are a one time use right?
No. It's like a keycard, as long as you have it crafted in your inventory you can open all V1 doors and red barrels on the ground.

lt519

Yeah, third O system (3 planets total) in a row I had visited but that's one more extreme/rare planet then I've accidentally bumped into in the past 30 hours on the Atlas Path.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
O systems are all resource heavy. They supposedly require theta drives but I'm getting into them with a tau. Apparently there are B class stars that are theta only as well but I've not found in yet.

Yeah, third O system (3 planets total) in a row I had visited but that's one more extreme/rare planet then I've accidentally bumped into in the past 30 hours on the Atlas Path.
Was there only 1 planet in the first two systems?

Possible that in any given system- in either direction on the scale- you might have outliers. Like, a resource-rich extreme planet in a typical F system, very rarely, or an occasional barren nothing planet in an E class system.

AHK_Hero

I've seen there's a message out in space which says "Distress Signal" but when I actually get to the place, there is nothing to interact, what are those?

From what I've seen after a bit of time space pirates will warp in and try to attack nearby freighters. If you defend them you will get a reputation boost with the faction in that system.

The longer I play the more I start to dislike nigh time and being in space. I am so tired of the colored skyboxes. ]:

As anyone come across a solar system that...was you know...black and dark?

Like this:

lead_planet_9_art_1_-1200x800.jpg

Everything thus far has been like I'm exploring the official Skittles Galaxy of the entire rainbow color spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom