• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT| Hello Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this game would be awesome if it had more detailed starship cockpits. I would just fly around all day.
Yeah, would really love to fully examine those displays and readouts and interact with them on some level. Also don't like how restricted your view is most of the time, and especially when landed or boosting/pulsing/warping.

Couple wishes

1. A sweet cargo ship

2. Lush green planet

3.WITH BLUE WATER!!!!

4. AND BLUE SKIES DAMMIT!

This is the closest I've found so far. This was one of the planets in the system that had my final Atlas Station. I loved it here, and the screenshots don't really do it justice. Funny how the rare item in such a beautiful place, though, was sac venom. Gross balls of poison every 10 feet.

FdkaRlV.jpg

Forgot to ask earlier....

I was flying around in space and I saw something that said "Distress Signal" it was a floating marker in the middle of nothing, when I approach it nothing happened, there was nothing there....?

Am I missing something here guys? I thought that the game had bounties of some sort later on, what that iy?

The distress signal is typically either a crashed ship or an abandoned building of some kind, at least from what I've seen. Also, the spot it's directing you to could be on the other side of the planet, but it's pointing you to the quickest "route" i.e. implying you'd need to blast a hole through the planet to the other side. It happened to me twice before. I just boosted to orbit and flew to the other side and found what it wanted me to find.

Is "Hide Discovery" broken for anyone else? I try to hide some of the systems discovered by other players by selecting "Hide Discovery," but then they are still in my list.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Just got into a dogfight with the sentinels I could handle so I escaped into a black hole. Perfect.

Edit: Broken Warp Reactor Theta.... not perfect.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa, a system I just punched through had tons of iridium that looked like this. Is this common?

Also, the Gek attendant in the station taught me the blueprint for Warp Reactor Sigma, so I don't have to hang onto this junker. Yessssss

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
The wings are on their heads and use them to fly around. Lol.

Also, there were a bunch of different creatures kind of roaming around this area. I tried to capture all of them in a single shot:

28404572164_5307b2823f_o.png

Whoa, a system I just punched through had tons of iridium that looked like this. Is this common?
Also, the Gek attendant in the station taught me the blueprint for Warp Reactor Sigma, so I don't have to hang onto this junker. Yessssss

I haven't seen iridium that looks like that, but I've seen gold that did.

RiZ III

This game is too damn addictive. I played it non-stop for 3 hours last night. I haven't done that with any game in at least five years.

Damn. That's beautiful.

Meliora

Couple wishes

1. A sweet cargo ship

2. Lush green planet

3.WITH BLUE WATER!!!!

4. AND BLUE SKIES DAMMIT!

I found a planet last night with 2. 3. and 4. It had a lot of rain storms aswell. It was funny, the temp was 0.0 celsius when everything was calm, but it looked tropical. When it was storming it was -89 and the temp in the water was -29 celsius. It didn't look like a cold place but I guess it was :p

Fairly. I see the "space crystals" frequently in orbit.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I found a planet last night with 2. 3. and 4. It had a lot of rain storms aswell. It was funny, the temp was 0.0 celsius when everything was calm, but it looked tropical. When it was storming it was -89 and the temp in the water was -29 celsius. It didn't look like a cold place but I guess it was :p

lol wut?! at least is looked nice

theWB27

I've been warping to the colored stars and besides the resources they haven't been terribly different from the regular stars and it's a bit disappointing.

Mind ultra-blown. So many hidden tricks to avoid the grinding. OMG.

I mean, it's convenient, but most of the elements you'll get from dismantling the ship upgrades are pretty common. I guess maybe a bit of Iridium and Chrysonite would be nice if there are good upgrades on the ship, as those are at less common and harder to track down.

Good trick if you're in a bind though.

I managed to complete the Atlas Path today, but since doing so I feel my interest in the game has taken a nose dive. It felt kinda lacklustre, and I feel a bit put off grinding to get to the centre.

Can someone you has gotten to the centre tell me the game opens up or gets more interesting?

Is there any clear information on the galaxy map and the color of the stars you see around you? Yellow is the only color you can go on at first right? Do the upgraded warp drives pertain to different colored stars you can go to or is it just based on distance?

I upgraded to a Sigma Warp and I think I could then go on a red star but can't remember. I then upgraded to a Tau Warp and I could then go on red, green and blue I think, so is it just distance based or am I missing something? The star colors confuse me.

brentech

I'm on a planet with 4 legged sentinals, but it is FULL of Sac Venom, which apparently sells for 26k units each, first time I've ever seen the item. It's everywhere!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think
they always show up in the system after your first Atlas station.
Could be wrong though.
Thank you for this! :D

Went to my first
Atlas interface (damn cool looking), turned tail and made one hop toward the center, and there were Nada and Polo just chilling.

I believe the flag to indicate that you will see them (for the first time) on your next jump is the message:
"Your Destiny lies in the beyond.
On PS4, having spurned the initial choice, I saw this message much earlier on.

This was the last puzzle piece I needed to write up a little mini guide on the AtlasPass. Now I'm properly spacefaring on both characters. Feels goooood.

Think I'll take a break, grab some lunch, type up that guide and then hightail it back to my starter system and explore it to my heart's content.
Is there any clear information on the galaxy map and the color of the stars you see around you? Yellow is the only color you can go on at first right? Do the upgraded warp drives pertain to different colored stars you can go to or is it just based on distance?

I upgraded to a Sigma Warp and I think I could then go on a red star but can't remember. I then upgraded to a Tau Warp and I could then go on red, green and blue I think, so is it just distance based or am I missing something? The star colors confuse me.
Nope, you definitely need certain drives to access certain systems. The first letter in a system designation is its spectral class (F, O, M, K, etc.) and these seem to designate some common qualities between like systems. People are compiling info on this stuff now. Yellow stars (think this is only class E and F systems) are definitely the most common and the game's provided path toward the center seems to only take you through these systems.

dLMN8R

I managed to complete the Atlas Path today, but since doing so I feel my interest in the game has taken a nose dive. It felt kinda lacklustre, and I feel a bit put off grinding to get to the centre.

Can someone you has gotten to the centre tell me the game opens up or gets more interesting?

From what I understand, it's possible to finish the Atlas path (and other paths) without actually seeing more of the interesting types of planets and systems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xle85/psa_there_are_four_types_of_star_systems/

Not sure how true that is, but it does make me interested to travel more off the beaten path.

Grisby

Game is still making me a little sick each time I play. Hopefully they can implement an FOV slider for consoles down the road.

I also found the most beautifully planet. No environmental hazards and there's green grass everywhere. If the base building stuff was out I'd totally just set up camp here for a good long while.

People talks about The Atlas Path and other stuff, a friend of mine got to an Atlas station in his second system, and found an Anomaly in his third. Another friend jumped through a black hole. I'm 5 systems in with 40hs of game time (yes, I explore and do a lot of stuff) and have yet to find a lame Atlas Pass let alone any of the stuff I mentioned. The only out of place I've done so far is battling against 15 starships trying (and succeeding) to save a freighter.

Should I be patient and things will eventually show up, or I'm lacking something? I'm having a good time but keep waiting to special things that exist in the game to appear in mine.

(oh and so far I've been in only one moon with threatening sentinels and it's the only thing that counted in favour of the extreme survival achievement... at last).

Yellow stars (think this is only class E and F systems) are definitely the most common and the game's provided path toward the center seems to only take you through these systems.

Maybe I should start avoiding that path then...

I'm on a planet with 4 legged sentinals, but it is FULL of Sac Venom, which apparently sells for 26k units each, first time I've ever seen the item. It's everywhere!

I made millions upon millions on a planet exactly like that in no time, and died many times too. Sentinels really REALLY don't like you harvesting those lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People talks about The Atlas Path and other stuff, a friend of mine got to an Atlas station in his second system, and found an Anomaly in his third. Another friend jumped through a black hole. I'm 5 systems in with 40hs of game time (yes, I explore and do a lot of stuff) and have yet to find a lame Atlas Pass let alone any of the stuff I mentioned. The only out of place I've done so far is battling against 15 starships trying (and succeeding) to save a freighter.

Should I be patient and things will eventually show up, or I'm lacking something? I'm having a good time but keep waiting to special things that exist in the game to appear in mine.

(oh and so far I've been in only one moon with threatening sentinels and it's the only thing that counted in favour of the extreme survival achievement... at last).
Er, well did you choose the atlas path or not?
Maybe I should start avoiding that path then...
Hmmm. I mean if you haven't seen
Nada and Polo
yet they are probably along that path.

Er, well did you choose the atlas path or not?

I don't know... I didn't choose anything at any moment, I just accepted Atlas guidance at the start of the game, does that counts?

Edit: Only one time I read about
NADA
in one monolith or scientist, can't remember but it was just a text.

Two more trophies away from that Platinum! Just warp jumps and that will come normally with progression. The Extreme Survival one was the worst.

I don't know... I didn't choose anything at any moment, I just accepted Atlas guidance at the start of the game, does that counts?

Edit: Only one time I read about NADA in one monolith or scientis, can't remember but it was just a text.

Lol, same thing happened to me. I accepted Atlas at the start, started doing what it told me but somehow somewhere things just stopped. I swear I picked up an Atlas Stone too but now it's nowhere to be found and I never sold it. Not really sure what happened.

Zafir

I made millions upon millions on a planet exactly like that in no time, and died many times too. Sentinels really REALLY don't like you harvesting those lol

I found if you aggro'ed one of the flying robots, then ran around picking them up, the tougher sentinels wouldn't spawn unless you let the bar fill up on them before killing.

I made quite a bit from a similar planet, but eventually got bored after a while and went back to exploring. :p

Lol, same thing happened to me. I accepted Atlas at the start, started doing what it told me but somehow somewhere things just stopped. I swear I picked up an Atlas Stone too but now it's nowhere to be found and I never sold it. Not really sure what happened.

I've seen stores selling those but I didn't buy anything seems it doesn't have a use to me right now... :/

IvanJ

Banned
I have a couple of questions about Atlas Path:
1. Anomaly - I know it's RNG. I have collected 5 Atlas Stones so far (so basically I'm in my 5th warp and 5th system. But, several times when I opened the galactic map, an icon "Anomaly detected" popped up. I couldn't figure out if it was somewhere on that map, but when I close the map and scan with L3, nothing shows up.
What am I doing wrong?

2. When I arrive at Atlas station, and talk to the pyramid, it says "Accept (xy rank)". Does this mean that I will eventually have to rank up or get locked out of progressing. I am currently Galileo, but have done all the milestones through regular play. I'd really hate to be forced to stay on extreme planets or to fight pirates.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like No Man's Sky is the new Star Wars Battlefront for GAF. Expect to see a lot of hate threads for half a year.

I really don't get it. Many of the things people claim aren't in the game have pictures of them in the photo thread! It's just a video game but some people seem to have completely lost their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom