• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

I have four slots in my teleporter list, but mine is bugged out, so the bottom two are both the first system I set up a base in and they never change. The upper two represent the most recent systems I've visited, but I lost out on a pretty cool system hopping around assuming the bottom two in the list would eventually be overwritten.

Ah. :/ I have a lot of sympathy for bugs arising from emergent open world stuff, or weird asynchronous code, but the teleporter list is basically a simple array. Whoever coded that was sloppy.

I've been searching for Candesium so I can build a landing pad at my base, and the struggle is real. I'll find a plant or two in one square kilometer. And of course these are on radioactive planets, so I can't exactly go walking around for 15 minutes, but the alternative is using a bunch of plutonium jumping around with my ship.

Flying around on this radioactive acid rain planet last night, the sound of the rain on the ship is really nice, but the lack of any raindrops hitting the windows kind of ruins the effect. I really hope they add this in. It's the little things sometimes that make the most difference.

If you just stock up everytime you are on a dead planet, you'll find you have so much you need to get rid of some honestly. Especially if you are like me and use carbon to fuel your gun/grenades. I got to the point that the horder in me couldn't get rid of the thamium but at the same time I needed those slots and barely ever used even one slot of thamium on my suit (especially if I picked up any thamium I saw). And I'm on survival mode.

Honestly, I think having 500 or maybe thamium on you just for backup and then just using what you find is a good balance. And you can easily get that much on a dead planet (which I find are not too rare. I seem to get one almost every system). Don't even have to have nothing else on them (usually they'll have two minerals and heridium but absolutely no life).

Yeah, but I was setting up a farm that was 150+ plants deep, most of which require some Thamium and some of which require a lot. Plus I was making lots of Warp Cells just to have a stock of them from all the Antimatter I'm pulling out of cylindrical tubes at settlements. I was going through Thamium at a pretty alarming rate. A similar thing happened when I went out for Antrium. Sure, it's everywhere, but I went out and scavenged a few thousand units, built a Landing Pad and planted a few Gravitino Balls and I'm back to zero in no time. Actually, the worst was Iron, which is literally everywhere, but I went through 10,000+ building the base I have now, and I'm planning expansions that will use 10,000 more. Making runs between my freighter and my base for storage purposes became required, which is marginally annoying. When I was just focused on exploring, I never bothered with more than 500 Thamium in the ship, because like you said, you just don't need that much. Crafting changes everything; turned me into a crazy hoarder.

I need a monstrous amount of Thamium to complete my freighter farm and I can never seem to find more than ~400 before I get tired of looking for more.

Ran into an odd issue on PS4. With a large farm room cube sides started randomly generating in the middle of planters and whatnot. Going to shrink the size of my main room and build supplemental farms.

If you come across a planet called Smurf Thamium, that one's got a ton.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah speaking of the flashlight,

why?

I don't think I've ever once had to use it. If I did I probably didn't realize it was on? Is it helpful in any way?

There's absolutely no reason to use it because caves are lit up like Santa's Grotto. Caves have been one of my main disappointments with this game and I can't understand why there's such a limited selection of aesthetics inside them. How about mineral deposits in the walls instead of stalactites and stalagmites? How about lichen and moss? How about roots dangling from the cave roof and nothing else but pitch darkness? How about some stalking predators down there and materials only to be found in those pitch black hell holes?

Caves have been one of my main disappointments with this game and I can't understand why there's such a limited selection of aesthetics inside them. How about mineral deposits in the walls instead of stalactites and stalagmites? How about lichen and moss? How about roots dangling from the cave roof and nothing else but pitch darkness? How about some stalking predators down there and materials only to be found in those pitch black hell holes?

Well, the limited cave aesthetics probably comes down to most other shortcomings in the game -- simply ran out of time. I mean, at least I hope they don't think seeing the same fixtures in every cave is exciting.

There are mineral deposits in cave walls now, post-Foundation. I found one a couple nights ago. Maybe it was just by accident -- a mineral vein intersecting a cave -- but it was there glimmering on the walls. I also found a cave last night up high in a mountain whose passages descended deep. Of course 'deep' was still above the bottom of the mountain, but it was nice to have more elevation changes in them.

I agree on putting more nasty things in caves. I'm sick of those crabs. But if they do that, there needs to be more reward for the risk. Right now there's not much in caves worth going into except the glowy plants and a lot of iron. And frankly the combat system needs more strategic/defensive options before they pit us against more deadly/smart creatures.

I only have the first Atlas Pass, and I have four slots in my teleporter list. I don't think my fauna achievement is very high. It might just be a bug.

From what I've seen, once you hit the maximum, the oldest system is pushed off the list at the bottom. The most recently visited system is on top.

Yeah, you're right, it might just be a bug after all. I've also had the problem of the oldest not being pushed off the list at the bottom, instead the middle of the three was erased which kinda screwed me over, but it's not that big of a deal.

This tendency of not having total control over such QoL options is not a very good idea, I think. I get that they're committed to a certain design philosophy of keeping things simple, but I wish they'd give us more control over these things, especially regarding orientation and travel. They don't have the menu structure for it right now, but I'd love to at least have a "memorize station teleporter" toggle button, so you're manually populating a very large, scrollable list (teleporting from a station could potentially automatically mark that teleporter the first time you use it). It's the same way for the galactic map, star system or plane surfaces (although building permanent beacons on planets is at least a step in the right direction).

Based on the Foundation update, it seems they'd like to populate the universe with more things to fiddle around with in a more localized region of space, so it would really be beneficial if they revamped the galactic map with more information, better visibility and letting you manually plot routes, mark permanent/toggleable waypoints and chart the galaxy in a much easier way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
a way to either permanently waypoint from within, or preferably select from the discovery menu to set a waypoint, any previously visited system is the number one QoL thing I want at the moment. Getting attached to and wanting to someday make a return journey to a system is really the game at its finest, why not encourage it

eYu24Q6.jpg

It's really frustrating that when you build something, you don't get back the base elements. You can build a landing pad without intermediary crafting steps, but if you destroy it, you don't get Candensium and Antrium, you get a backpack full of Non-ferrous Plates. 😒

edit: also why is the landing pad so damn small? Most trading ships' landing gear don't even fit on the raised circle...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's really frustrating that when you build something, you don't get back the base elements. You can build a landing pad without intermediary crafting steps, but if you destroy it, you don't get Candensium and Antrium, you get a backpack full of Non-ferrous Plates. 😒

edit: also why is the landing pad so damn small? Most trading ships' landing gear don't even fit on the raised circle...
At least you get the same amount of non-ferrous plates back when you delete it. That's very useful for when you decide to move the structures. Actually I think it's main reason why you get 100% of the ingredients back.

Mindlog

This is really starting to get annoying.
Really really annoying.

Found out there's a barren Thamium/Candesium rich world in my Rigogen system. THe system that keeps on giving. Just my freighter lab for some reason keeps developing random walls.

At least you get the same amount of non-ferrous plates back when you delete it. That's very useful for when you decide to move the structures. Actually I think it's main reason why you get 100% of the ingredients back.

Sure, that's fine. But if you're like me and wanted to delete a landing pad in order to use the Candensium to build a Trading Terminal, you're SOL. I just want the raw materials back.

Not sure if it was already posted but that Jeff Minter guy that had photos with the Hello Games team at the party has said that a PS4 Pro update is in the works apparently.

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/809137811710427140

Bleh...nice for Pro owners I guess, but I'd rather that they focus on the game and fix the performance issues on vanilla PS4. Since the Foundation update, some forest worlds are slideshows. And fix all the crashing bugs.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
How do you restore a ship's hit-points?

Sure, that's fine. But if you're like me and wanted to delete a landing pad in order to use the Candensium to build a Trading Terminal, you're SOL. I just want the raw materials back.
I had to build my trading terminal two days ago, and the fastest way to collect the 500 or so condensiums needed for all the intermediary ingredients is not through farming or dismantling, but gathering. I picked a condensium rich planet and gathered everything in less that what it would take to grow a single plant.

How do you restore a ship's hit-points?

I had to build my trading terminal two days ago, and the fastest way to collect the 500 or so condensiums needed for all the intermediary ingredients is not through farming or dismantling, but gathering. I picked a condensium rich planet and gathered everything in less that what it would take to grow a single plant.

Pretty sure the ship's HP gets restored when you land at a space station (possibly a freighter as well, though I'm not sure because since the Foundation update my ship has never lost a single unit of health).

As far as Candensium (or any other farmable item), I highly recommend gathering enough to start a small farm, and then just keep harvesting and saving until you have 1,000 units (enough to fill a single unit in your vault or freighter). Need Candensium in the future? Take out some of those units, start a farm plot real quick, collect what you need and then stick your original 1,000 back in storage. You'll never need to go searching for it again. It's like investment; never touch your principal and you'll never be wanting.

Tigress

Pretty sure the ship's HP gets restored when you land at a space station (possibly a freighter as well, though I'm not sure because since the Foundation update my ship has never lost a single unit of health).

As far as Candensium (or any other farmable item), I highly recommend gathering enough to start a small farm, and then just keep harvesting and saving until you have 1,000 units (enough to fill a single unit in your vault or freighter). Need Candensium in the future? Take out some of those units, start a farm plot real quick, collect what you need and then stick your original 1,000 back in storage. You'll never need to go searching for it again. It's like investment; never touch your principal and you'll never be wanting.

I don't know about the space station but it doesn't heal by landing at trading posts. What I have found though is if you leave your ship long enough (go out exploring) it eventually heals on its own. So I think it heals while you are not using it. And maybe an instant heal at the space station (I'll have to try that next time).

This thread doesn't seem to be moving half as fast now that it's in community :(

I had every intention of putting in some effort to find a decent planet to build a base on during the Christmas break but Titanfall 2 and it's double XP weekend has just taken up all my time. Then there's the Overwatch Wonderland event, Christmas challenge in Siege, New Life Festival in ESO... where are we meant to find the time to do everything?! :(

2AdEPT

This thread doesn't seem to be moving half as fast now that it's in community :(

I had every intention of putting in some effort to find a decent planet to build a base on during the Christmas break but Titanfall 2 and it's double XP weekend has just taken up all my time. Then there's the Overwatch Wonderland event, Christmas challenge in Siege, New Life Festival in ESO... where are we meant to find the time to do everything?! :(

I agree...Ive been playing this new version for 4 days or so now...I found one place that said I could make it a "base" but there were no spots for any helpers (whom I met at the space station but I couldn't hire because i had no base) Now I have this small little bubble for a base with nothing to do there as I cant teleport yet nor can I move supplies because it was my first and only base. THe helpers still wont come. I am I missing something or is there an acceptable base out there in every system, or is there only one poor pone per system. I have enough to buy a freighter but thought I would wait until I got a base...does your freighter go with you in between systemS?

I really hate limited inventories in games (and there aren't mods on PS4 to make it unlimited!) Should I play creative mode for the first time or I should play normal mode before that?

somme

I really hate limited inventories in games (and there aren't mods on PS4 to make it unlimited!) Should I play creative mode for the first time or I should play normal mode before that?

You can increase your inventories by a lot. Do you want any challenge? If not play creative.

2AdEPT

I agree...Ive been playing this new version for 4 days or so now...I found one place that said I could make it a "base" but there were no spots for any helpers (whom I met at the space station but I couldn't hire because i had no base) Now I have this small little bubble for a base with nothing to do there as I cant teleport yet nor can I move supplies because it was my first and only base. THe helpers still wont come. I am I missing something or is there an acceptable base out there in every system, or is there only one poor pone per system. I have enough to buy a freighter but thought I would wait until I got a base...does your freighter go with you in between systemS?

OK figured it out...I didnt realize you press up on the D pad to interact with terminals at bases. I can do it now..found my first black hole as well...finally makng progress. Almost ANY
terminal if you press up on D pad you can create tech. If you create the range increasor you can directly ask to find a home base
. COol.

Scrapped the entirety of my farm, which was diversified and growing a little bit of everything except Albumen Pearls, and replaced the entirety of it with... Albumen Pearls. They are a righteous bitch to collect items for (mainly the Rigogen, which not only takes a long time, but uses SO MUCH Titanium or Zinc to refill your breathing apparatus upgrades and it's three pearls to plant a single plant) but my farm now has 173 plants going and every last one of them is an Albumen Pearl (no cheating, either; that's purely me gathering Rigogen and Thamium while my farm grows pearls for replanting). It's about half the ROI of Mordite on a pure per-minute basis, but the nice thing is it's harvest and sell; no crafting involved. No more constantly opening up the crafting menu, selecting the next screen, then holding A until the Lubricant is done. Which means I can watch Netflix or whatever and still make 10 million per hour or so. Much more convenient.

If you're trying to make money by the boatload, Mordite is still the way to go. But it requires a lot of hands-on "harvest, craft, sell". Temerium is similar for making Acid, although it doesn't grow nearly as fast as Mordite. But both of those require a bunch of navigating the crafting menu a few dozen times as you sell off your wares, and that's not only tedious, it's boring. For crops that require no crafting at all, Albumen Pearls are your best bet, being worth three times as much as Gravitino Balls or Sac Venom. Any one of those three is a plant it, fuck off for 15 minutes to watch Top Gear (or whatever), come back, harvest, sell, repeat. And it's so much more fun to watch a show for 20 minutes than spend it crafting Lubricant because, hey, double the money.

The big problem I'm running into now is that even if you disable base limits, the game self-imposes base limits because after your base reaches a certain complexity, things just flat out stop working. You'll make a room, the game will act like the room doesn't exist in places, you'll fall through the floor, and any attempt to correct it by deleting pieces doesn't work because the game doesn't think they're there. So you get places you can see, but can't access or delete. It's kind of a bummer.

2AdEPT

Scrapped the entirety of my farm, which was diversified and growing a little bit of everything except Albumen Pearls, and replaced the entirety of it with... Albumen Pearls. They are a righteous bitch to collect items for (mainly the Rigogen, which not only takes a long time, but uses SO MUCH Titanium or Zinc to refill your breathing apparatus upgrades and it's three pearls to plant a single plant) but my farm now has 173 plants going and every last one of them is an Albumen Pearl (no cheating, either; that's purely me gathering Rigogen and Thamium while my farm grows pearls for replanting). It's about half the ROI of Mordite on a pure per-minute basis, but the nice thing is it's harvest and sell; no crafting involved. No more constantly opening up the crafting menu, selecting the next screen, then holding A until the Lubricant is done. Which means I can watch Netflix or whatever and still make 10 million per hour or so. Much more convenient.

If you're trying to make money by the boatload, Mordite is still the way to go. But it requires a lot of hands-on "harvest, craft, sell". Temerium is similar for making Acid, although it doesn't grow nearly as fast as Mordite. But both of those require a bunch of navigating the crafting menu a few dozen times as you sell off your wares, and that's not only tedious, it's boring. For crops that require no crafting at all, Albumen Pearls are your best bet, being worth three times as much as Gravitino Balls or Sac Venom. Any one of those three is a plant it, fuck off for 15 minutes to watch Top Gear (or whatever), come back, harvest, sell, repeat. And it's so much more fun to watch a show for 20 minutes than spend it crafting Lubricant because, hey, double the money.

The big problem I'm running into now is that even if you disable base limits, the game self-imposes base limits because after your base reaches a certain complexity, things just flat out stop working. You'll make a room, the game will act like the room doesn't exist in places, you'll fall through the floor, and any attempt to correct it by deleting pieces doesn't work because the game doesn't think they're there. So you get places you can see, but can't access or delete. It's kind of a bummer.

Just started playing this...I started in a place with a homebase that I thought sucked, but there was a farmer in the space station. I found a black hole, I moved, now there is no farmer. Will my new area get a farmer eventually or will I have to find a new system with a farmer in the space station from scratch? even with two black holes I am getting no where near the centre....guess Ill keep plugging away...man I hate grinding games, but these one is intriguing.

Just started playing this...I started in a place with a homebase that I thought sucked, but there was a farmer in the space station. I found a black hole, I moved, now there is no farmer. Will my new area get a farmer eventually or will I have to find a new system with a farmer in the space station from scratch? even with two black holes I am getting no where near the centre....guess Ill keep plugging away...man I hate grinding games, but these one is intriguing.

You can only find farmers and builders in Gek systems, armorers in Vy'Keen systems, and scientists in Korvax systems. Once you hire someone (hire isn't really correct since it costs nothing), they'll turn up whenever you build the appropriate terminal. You should hire them as soon as you meet them; you can always replace them later. They basically act as quest givers to help unlock additional blueprints and technology; after you've finished up their respective quest lines they have no purpose and you can delete their respective terminals.

A word of caution about grinding to the center; the game makes it seem like this is the goal, but realistically the goal is exploration of procedurally-generated worlds. If that aspect doesn't appeal to you, there's nothing at the center that's going to change your mind. I wouldn't stress grinding to the center. Just go out and try to find some trippy stuff.

2AdEPT

You can only find farmers and builders in Gek systems, armorers in Vy'Keen systems, and scientists in Korvax systems. Once you hire someone (hire isn't really correct since it costs nothing), they'll turn up whenever you build the appropriate terminal. You should hire them as soon as you meet them; you can always replace them later. They basically act as quest givers to help unlock additional blueprints and technology; after you've finished up their respective quest lines they have no purpose and you can delete their respective terminals.

A word of caution about grinding to the center; the game makes it seem like this is the goal, but realistically the goal is exploration of procedurally-generated worlds. If that aspect doesn't appeal to you, there's nothing at the center that's going to change your mind. I wouldn't stress grinding to the center. Just go out and try to find some trippy stuff.

thanks...although I could predict the centre will be anticlimactic, I am enjoying the various tidbits HG are throwing in there...like space anomalies, and trying to figure a way to set up a logical base. Unfortunately I hit a couple black holes and wont easily get back to the gek world where I found a farmer....ill just find a new one I gather....just inthe process of trying to make my base on the freighter as large as possible...thank goodness it didnt take too long to learn to delete!

just btw....the builder always shows up in every system....yes he is always gek but not to mislead other noobs like me!!!

Kagrra

Neo Member
thanks...although I could predict the centre will be anticlimactic, I am enjoying the various tidbits HG are throwing in there...like space anomalies, and trying to figure a way to set up a logical base. Unfortunately I hit a couple black holes and wont easily get back to the gek world where I found a farmer....ill just find a new one I gather....just inthe process of trying to make my base on the freighter as large as possible...thank goodness it didnt take too long to learn to delete!

just btw....the builder always shows up in every system....yes he is always gek but not to mislead other noobs like me!!!

Before foundation update center of galaxy was more or less in line with the rest of the experience. Now it is somehow lacking as the rest of the game is more engaging.

I think I've found my farmer in Korvax system. Just warp around and you'll find the guy you need in the space station. Did you find black holes by yourself?

There are quite a few ministories scattered around. If you have a chance try visiting abandoned buildings these are probably my favorite (and you'll get some useful upgrades). Nada and Polo throws some interesting lore questions, but other than answering with "Yea, I did a LOT of those!" they doesn't seem to lead to any conclusions.

putermcgee

Nice. I've only seen a ship with those wings once, and I've played countless hours.

I would love it if you could treat your freighter as a garage, and if you could move ship parts/upgrades to a new ship if you find one you like. As it stands, I can't be bothered to gather and craft the resources to upgrade yet another ship that is nothing more than a visual upgrade. I know you can tear down your existing upgrades and transfer the materials, but you don't get everything back that way.

somme

Nice. I've only seen a ship with those wings once, and I've played countless hours.

I would love it if you could treat your freighter as a garage, and if you could move ship parts/upgrades to a new ship if you find one you like. As it stands, I can't be bothered to gather and craft the resources to upgrade yet another ship that is nothing more than a visual upgrade. I know you can tear down your existing upgrades and transfer the materials, but you don't get everything back that way.

Best thing to do is make sure you always have 1000 of each rare mineral in your freighter. That way if you do buy a new ship you can upgrade it all pretty quickly.

I hope they add ship crafting soon. I'd much rather tweak my ship than my planetary base or freighter. I've had a 48-slot fighter model for ages now, but I've never been thrilled with the appearance (the wings are way too tiny and the nose could be a better shape, not to mention it's an off-putting shade of green). Let me upgrade my ship without having to scrap it entirely. Craft some new wings, a new nose, give it a paintjob... Seems reasonable enough.

My teleporter woes continue; now only the top slot on the teleporter in my base ever updates, so I'm limited to exploring a single distant system at a time. It loses some of it's appeal when you can only alternate between two systems; I feel like I'm ready to move on, but I don't want to lose the Rigogen-rich system I'm in now.

Best thing to do is make sure you always have 1000 of each rare mineral in your freighter. That way if you do buy a new ship you can upgrade it all pretty quickly.

I don't have 1000 of each rare mineral anywhere. I just don't really enjoy farming for resources in this game -- firing lasers at rocks for half an hour at a time (or actual farming) is not my idea of a fun experience. Unfortunately farming has become more central since the Foundation update.

Sean was always quick to say that you could spend all your time in space just trading or pirating, never going down to planets. That was possible pre-Foundation, though not a fast way to make money or uprade your equipment. But since the update and all the new rare elements I'm not even sure that path is possible anymore. I really hope they will now focus on making the space portion of the game more profitable, viable, and interesting.

Kagrra

Neo Member
I don't have 1000 of each rare mineral anywhere. I just don't really enjoy farming for resources in this game -- firing lasers at rocks for half an hour at a time (or actual farming) is not my idea of a fun experience. Unfortunately farming has become more central since the Foundation update.

Sean was always quick to say that you could spend all your time in space just trading or pirating, never going down to planets. That was possible pre-Foundation, though not a fast way to make money or uprade your equipment. But since the update and all the new rare elements I'm not even sure that path is possible anymore. I really hope they will now focus on making the space portion of the game more profitable, viable, and interesting.

Is it really that different? Without landing on planets your only way of progressing would be buying new ships with better equipment. Now it seems to be easier thanks to more freighters in space, more pirate attacks and bounty missions.

Also, if you have experience, is there any way to make trading viable? I spend a couple of minutes on stations with +100% on resonators but running from landing zone to terminal is not very fun.

Is it really that different? Without landing on planets your only way of progressing would be buying new ships with better equipment. Now it seems to be easier thanks to more freighters in space, more pirate attacks and bounty missions.

Also, if you have experience, is there any way to make trading viable? I spend a couple of minutes on stations with +100% on resonators but running from landing zone to terminal is not very fun.

It may be somewhat easier to make money via space combat now, but upgrading your ship and equipment is still a slog if you're a trader or pirate. I think I'd prefer Hello to add a mechanic shop on space stations where you could just pay money for them to install upgrades. They need to move away from the crafting-heavy focus of the game, as it holds back the game from larger gameplay possibilities. If I'm a combat pilot or a trader, my job isn't to farm and craft things; let me pay cold hard credits I earned for tech or base/freighter expansion instead of gating access to technology behind crafting requirements.

Might as well add some other NPC shops as well while they're at it; the space stations are giant, but all we see is a hangar and a couple of rooms. I'd love to see them become more busy trading hubs, with NPCs walking around, weapons shops, a bounty hunter guild, a proper bar where you could sign on to jobs with a dynamic quest system, a place to hire pilots and traders for your freighter, etc.

somme

It really doesn't take that long to mine, especially if you've upgraded your multi-tool. And if you do a little bit here and there, rather than grind non-stop, you'll accumulate more than you think, whilst also varying what you do.

It really doesn't take that long to mine, especially if you've upgraded your multi-tool. And if you do a little bit here and there, rather than grind non-stop, you'll accumulate more than you think, whilst also varying what you do.

I have a nice Rubeum planet I've been farming at; last time I was there I farmed about 1m credits worth of the stuff and it took me 30-40 mins or so just melting rocks. I have to grind because I need a freighter in order to fix my broken pearl farm quest. I never used the money exploits, so as of right now I only have about 3.7m credits.

I never grinded pre-Foundation, but now I really have no other choice. Sure, I could just go explore and slowly grab a bit of money, but it'd probably take me a few months of that to get enough for a freighter, and honestly there's not enough to do in NMS to keep my attention that long without some more concrete goals. That's why we need a dynamic job system and the other stuff I mentioned in my last post.

somme

I have a nice Rubeum planet I've been farming at; last time I was there I farmed about 1m credits worth of the stuff and it took me 30-40 mins or so just melting rocks. I have to grind because I need a freighter in order to fix my broken pearl farm quest. I never used the money exploits, so as of right now I only have about 3.7m credits.

I never grinded pre-Foundation, but now I really have no other choice. Sure, I could just go explore and slowly grab a bit of money, but it'd probably take me a few months of that to get enough for a freighter, and honestly there's not enough to do in NMS to keep my attention that long without some more concrete goals. That's why we need a dynamic job system and the other stuff I mentioned in my last post.

I've never used any exploits either. I don't see the point myself. I do make most of my money through mining, but I tend to do it as I'm exploring, so it doesn't feel like work, but rather a pitstop on my way to more exploring.

2AdEPT

Before foundation update center of galaxy was more or less in line with the rest of the experience. Now it is somehow lacking as the rest of the game is more engaging.

I think I've found my farmer in Korvax system. Just warp around and you'll find the guy you need in the space station. Did you find black holes by yourself?

There are quite a few ministories scattered around. If you have a chance try visiting abandoned buildings these are probably my favorite (and you'll get some useful upgrades). Nada and Polo throws some interesting lore questions, but other than answering with "Yea, I did a LOT of those!" they doesn't seem to lead to any conclusions.

YEah I did. made it a fun experience. I kinda dislike breaking my ability to find the planets I was on earlier though. My main base is on my freighter so I keep a home base in any system I want to return to.

I have perfected the abuse of the resonators...I have some footage that I might upload soon, but basically you dont have to run to the terminal. Just learn which ships at which port sell either 3 or 4 resonators at a time for cheap, and which ships buy for the higher rate. there are 2-3 of each kind ALWAYS landing in the spaceport so you never have to run very far. In fact if you have a large inventory you can easily run between the ones that sell four, get 16-20 damn fast, then sell for HUGE profit. The ships usually come in waves and the same ship even comes in when there is already a skin of the last one there....all the spaceports use the same algorithm for this and they are all the same despite that the skins of the ships are different...there are at least 2-3 that sell 4 at a time, and 2-3 that buy for the higher rate...learn to avoid those smaller ships that sell only 1-2 resonators at a time...waste of time when there are usually lots of ships coming in that have what you want, i.e 3-4. A couple of times the spaceport seems dead but I just do something else for a bit then come back and it seems like your activity spurns more activity.

I can usually make 3-4 M before getting bored of the grind. Takes between 20-30 minutes depending on luck of the right ships showing up a the right time.

edit: ..actually just did a video of it but not uploaded yet..took 5 minutes to get 1 million new record! was also looking for crysonite so it took longer than I wanted it to on that front, but a couple times I was waiting fo the right ships regardless and slipped int eh crysonite deals ;)

Edit 2 - Here is the resonator video

Had to polish off some holiday keg beer and made a drunk no man's sky demo. Dont click if you dont like swearing in the videos but I was able to show off my awesome starship and freighter base, showed the anomaly and a few fighter rounds. Even got a bit of Trump commentary in at the end! LLOL

Do I have to go back to the first star system in order to get my base or whatever?
Edit: Nevermind. I found it.
All signs point to yes

-The garage building has a retractable door for some sort of vehicle
-Dune Buggies have been datamined in the game

It definitely coming

Ohhhh can't wait!!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Unfortunately I'm taking a break from this game until the next major update. I enjoyed all the new additions, but after completing 90% of the NPC missions, I found myself in an endless Mordite grind to earn money to buy a better ship and a freighter. Which if I end up getting will feel like a hollow achievement because I personally have no further goal to pursue. So I'm hoping the next update will provide an even bigger sense of purpose.

I will say though, it was a good effort on HG to repair the game's image and do good on their promises. They're not there yet, but now I think it's within reach.

Top Bottom