• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky "Path Finder" Content Update announced

mokeyjoe

Having played in survival with the vehicles a bit, they're not as OP as I thought.

Once you've built them they're great, but it took me a while to scrape together the resources. Actually got killed by an animal doing it.

I guess if I wasn't rushing so much, or i had the resources prepared it wouldn't have been so much of a problem, but i think I'll be using geobays as more of a 'base camp' thing, rather than a quick scout around on every planet.

Yeah, I agree. On Normal they're very well balanced and a lot of fun (which is the important thing!) - the fuel usage means I'm still walking on foot a lot as well. If it's a problem with Survival mode I'm sure increasing fuel usage would help, the same way Ships aren't as useful as they are in Normal mode due to fuel consumption.

Yeah, increasing the fuel usage in Survival would be an easy fix. Though I think fuel consumption should be reduced on normal mode. It's pretty dumb that the amount of plutonium needed to fill the tank for a 10 minute drive is the same amount used to warp thousands of light years across the galaxy.

The lack of plutonium post-Foundation is a problem, but my bigger issue is that I have 6 mil credits in the bank and have to scrounge for Pu everywhere I go. It's sort of a general problem I have with the trading system. If I have the money, I should be able to buy large quantities of the major resources. I'm fine with a system running low, and the price should go up to reflect that, but I shouldn't have to beg traders to give me 40 plutonium.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yeah, I agree. On Normal they're very well balanced and a lot of fun (which is the important thing!) - the fuel usage means I'm still walking on foot a lot as well. If it's a problem with Survival mode I'm sure increasing fuel usage would help, the same way Ships aren't as useful as they are in Normal mode due to fuel consumption.

You're the third person to say this. I haven't got a clue what you mean by 'fuel' shortages. It's an absolute breeze to keep them fuelled. I've always got a surplus of Platonium. There's no doubt about it, it's now too easy to traverse planets and the threats have been completely negated.

I hate getting scanned. I'm never combat ready and escaping is impossible.

Any drawbacks to throwing cargo in my freighter? Does it disappear on death? Do they become out of range when I'm on a planet? Does it even follow me to each system?

Basically, I just want a place to dump my atlas stones and other valuables that take up my exosuit slots.

Any drawbacks to throwing cargo in my freighter? Does it disappear on death? Do they become out of range when I'm on a planet? Does it even follow me to each system?

Basically, I just want a place to dump my atlas stones and other valuables that take up my exosuit slots.

The freighter is basically a mobile home base, it's just that it has its own inventory slots (you can also build storage containers, but you can't have the same numbered storage container both in your planetary home base and your freighter).

It doesn't disappear on death, and you get a new icon in the quick menu for spawning/teleporting your freighter wherever you are (any system) while flying (not too close to a planet, but still pretty close), so you can spawn it whenever and wherever you want, and it doesn't cost you anything. Transferring cargo to/from it however can only be done by talking to the captain of the freighter (you're basically hiring him and his ship to work for you), so it's kinda there to take trips from time to time and unload any larger caches of materials. I'm currently finding the storage containers to be a bit more useful than the freighter inventory, but I have a 13 slot freighter which isn't all that much I guess.

OuterLimits

Yeah, increasing the fuel usage in Survival would be an easy fix. Though I think fuel consumption should be reduced on normal mode. It's pretty dumb that the amount of plutonium needed to fill the tank for a 10 minute drive is the same amount used to warp thousands of light years across the galaxy.

The lack of plutonium post-Foundation is a problem, but my bigger issue is that I have 6 mil credits in the bank and have to scrounge for Pu everywhere I go. It's sort of a general problem I have with the trading system. If I have the money, I should be able to buy large quantities of the major resources. I'm fine with a system running low, and the price should go up to reflect that, but I shouldn't have to beg traders to give me 40 plutonium.

I mentioned in an earlier post that ice planets often have an abundance of plutonium for some reason. Plus you can spot the red from a distance easily on the white surface, which is a huge plus since the scanner sucks as identifying the resource now for some reason.

I often visit ice worlds on survival to stock up on plutonium when needed. Granted, occasionally it may not be as plentiful, but most ice worlds seem to have a lot in my experience. Not crazy amounts like before the Foundation update, but easy to find when walking around.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Noone is having their PS4 Pro fan run very audibly almost constantly while playing this except me?

For comparison, i play Horizon in 4K HDR for hours and i rarely hear my fan at all....seems odd and hopefully something they can patch. Its making me concerned to where i dont want to play NMS at all for fear its damaging my system

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
OK, I've been thinking about the idea of having vehicle damage and I think that would create a decent alternative gaming loop. If the wheels and body could get damaged and what you need to repair them was rare then there would be a risk/reward aspect to vehicle traversal. You may end up on a planet with very little if any of the resources required, meaning you might get stranded miles away from your ship or base. Yep, I'd be happy with that. It gives us a perfect reason to upgrade the suit still while allowing us the freedom of using the vehicle. Someone send that idea to Hello Games.

Unicorn

The GALACTIC trade network should have more than just 40 zinc or 3 modules.

Should be at least 100x that. Let me use my money.

Also, a request system through a broker would be tight. Put out a request for geknip and get offers back of varying price based on quantity. Make me wait 20 mins or an hour per request or something or make prices vastly higher to balance for that easier access.

Being a space trader is not viable at all due to constrained quantities of the trade stations. Sure, I could mine on planets and return to sell or sell at base, but if I wanted to be a space only trader, I'm fucked to just trade small quantities for pittance. Payout is ridiculous too. At least have some cultural economics, such as materials and items for war are worth way more to Vykeen. Or geknip gets way higher prices when selling directly to certain gek pilots.

Having constructed items for bases such as exobay and mining units be tradable would make that production worthwhile outside of using them.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Noone is having their PS4 Pro fan run very audibly almost constantly while playing this except me?

For comparison, i play Horizon in 4K HDR for hours and i rarely hear my fan at all....seems odd and hopefully something they can patch. Its making me concerned to where i dont want to play NMS at all for fear its damaging my system

Silent as always here. (1080/60)

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Mine seems normal. Is there a specific situation it's happening or just all the time? If there's some specific point I'll check it out (well assuming that's even possible) HDR was such a good choice for this game. I'm so happy they patched it in

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Mine seems normal. Is there a specific situation it's happening or just all the time? If there's some specific point I'll check it out (well assuming that's even possible) HDR was such a good choice for this game. I'm so happy they patched it in

I am too, its gorgeous!!! I just wish it wouldnt send my fans into overdrive. Honesty, they start to ramp up as soon as i pick my mode and the world im on starts. It makes no sense because the system cant be overheating....it did it today as soon as i started it up and it was the first game i played today.

I quit that and played horizon for 2 hrs and my Pro was near silent the entire time

OuterLimits

Your ship will let you know about 20 seconds before a pirate scan will happen. Once the circle disappears, the first message appears.

Early on in survival mode, I try to get near a planet or space station when I first see the white circle appear on the ship dash. Once u get notified that a scan is about to commence, going into a planet or space station will cause the scan to fail. On Survival pirates(or bounties) will appear every couple minutes unfortunately. If a planet is more than a minute away from my current position, I will usually just avoid the planet(unless absolutely necessary) in the early game until my ship is better able to battle the pirates.

I don't have a freighter, but I imagine cargo is safe on their and not too difficult to access.

OuterLimits

My original PS4 is super loud when playing the game. The fan never stops until I exit the game. It usually kicks on within minutes of playing.(sometimes immediately during the intro sequence) I'm hoping when I get the Pro upgrade, it doesn't have the issue as well, but I guess it may since you are experiencing it.

The GALACTIC trade network should have more than just 40 zinc or 3 modules.

Should be at least 100x that. Let me use my money.

Also, a request system through a broker would be tight. Put out a request for geknip and get offers back of varying price based on quantity. Make me wait 20 mins or an hour per request or something or make prices vastly higher to balance for that easier access.

Being a space trader is not viable at all due to constrained quantities of the trade stations. Sure, I could mine on planets and return to sell or sell at base, but if I wanted to be a space only trader, I'm fucked to just trade small quantities for pittance. Payout is ridiculous too. At least have some cultural economics, such as materials and items for war are worth way more to Vykeen. Or geknip gets way higher prices when selling directly to certain gek pilots.

Yeah, certainly some systems should have limited/no quantities of some resources, but the basic resources that everyone uses, like Plutonium, Zinc, and Iron, should be plentiful in pretty much every system. I should be able to buy 1000 Plutonium anywhere. Because as you say, traders don't have time to go collecting Pu from crystals. They've got trade routes to manage.

Hello seem to be kind of obsessed with putting every activity behind a crafting gate. It's a bit too much busywork when I just want to dip in and have some fun. If I have the money, I should be able to circumvent the collecting/crafting prison by buying resources. After all, Sean told us that if we want to just be a space trader and never land on a planet, we can do that. I'm not even sure how viable that still is.

mokeyjoe

It's possible, but completely impractical.

I think there may be some balancing issue they're considering with the consumable resources like Plutonium and the ability to buy massive amounts.

Personally i think you should at least be able to trade in large quantities if you have a freighter.

Make it a freighter NPC quest or something like on bases, to get your 'trading license' or something.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was thinking it could be interesting to have some asynchronous multiplayer aspect in the game. I was thinking of something like Ingress, where players don't necessarily fight each other directly, but capture and defend portals for their faction, and link them together to capture space. I can see how something like this could work with the systems in NMS.

Started playing on Permadeath...
First time died at two days because I was minding just about stuff for my future ship until I noticed I was dying out of lack of life support. At the end sentinels killed me because I was too greedy.
Second time lasted two days because I didn't find fuel for my life support thing...
Can't wait to get on the flow of the game before I get angry. :p

OmegaDL50

Yeah, certainly some systems should have limited/no quantities of some resources, but the basic resources that everyone uses, like Plutonium, Zinc, and Iron, should be plentiful in pretty much every system. I should be able to buy 1000 Plutonium anywhere. Because as you say, traders don't have time to go collecting Pu from crystals. They've got trade routes to manage.

Hello seem to be kind of obsessed with putting every activity behind a crafting gate. It's a bit too much busywork when I just want to dip in and have some fun. If I have the money, I should be able to circumvent the collecting/crafting prison by buying resources. After all, Sean told us that if we want to just be a space trader and never land on a planet, we can do that. I'm not even sure how viable that still is.

Agreed.

I just started an entirely new game and my starting planet had almost no Zinc at all. I had to walk almost 30 minutes straight with constant scans just to fine enough Zinc to fix my engine to get off the planet.

As compared to my old save which had a bunch of stuff on the Atlas Path. I just wanted to start new to relearn everything with the new systems and base building stuff.

I died almost killing a bounty, was oddly excited to see what happens when you die now. And that would be wakeup under the world, drowning! Although with the use of my jet pack and grenades I somehow managed to escape. When I found my ship the problem was obvious. It was buried sideways in the ground. So I did what any one would have done...tried to get in. This resulted in me seemingly flying into the air, but really I was back under the world again. Again I escaped, but died of the heat, so I was respawned on a hostile planet in a storm with little life support and no fuel. Also my scanner was broke, but I managed to fix it while I hide under an archway. Fuel was nearby and again I somehow got back to the ship. I tried to collect enough resources while darting in and out of a cabin.

Here's a tip if you ever find yourself in the same position, trapped under the world. Don't get into your ship, because the reason you were trapped is because of its position (assuming you manage to escape in the first place). And most importantly, and obviously...

USED THE PREVIOUS SAVE!!! Don't waste half an hour trying to escape like a idiot! Load the last save, because the game will forget the stupid position it put the ship in. Which is what I did. It was still buried in the ground but the right way up with the cockpit showing.

Half an hour Steve McQueening it for no reason at all! :D

Haven't played since launch week, my inventory is full everywhere. I'm currently at a space station but there are no ships to buy (if I even have enough money) is there something I could do to stash my inventory? Build a base?

I haven't played in so long I'm kind of lost. Is there a benefit to starting over now that so much has updated? (Would I theoretically be able to find the planet I'm currently near?)

The freighter is basically a mobile home base, it's just that it has its own inventory slots (you can also build storage containers, but you can't have the same numbered storage container both in your planetary home base and your freighter).

It doesn't disappear on death, and you get a new icon in the quick menu for spawning/teleporting your freighter wherever you are (any system) while flying (not too close to a planet, but still pretty close), so you can spawn it whenever and wherever you want, and it doesn't cost you anything. Transferring cargo to/from it however can only be done by talking to the captain of the freighter (you're basically hiring him and his ship to work for you), so it's kinda there to take trips from time to time and unload any larger caches of materials. I'm currently finding the storage containers to be a bit more useful than the freighter inventory, but I have a 13 slot freighter which isn't all that much I guess.
Thanks for the informative reply. I appreciate it. I also only have a 13 slotter. Bought it real cheap.

Your ship will let you know about 20 seconds before a pirate scan will happen. Once the circle disappears, the first message appears.

Early on in survival mode, I try to get near a planet or space station when I first see the white circle appear on the ship dash. Once u get notified that a scan is about to commence, going into a planet or space station will cause the scan to fail. On Survival pirates(or bounties) will appear every couple minutes unfortunately. If a planet is more than a minute away from my current position, I will usually just avoid the planet(unless absolutely necessary) in the early game until my ship is better able to battle the pirates.

I don't have a freighter, but I imagine cargo is safe on their and not too difficult to access.

And thank you, too. Problem is, It seems to happen just as I run out of pulse juice and the asteroids give me x9 at most so it's even hard rebuilding my shields. Learning from my mistakes and stocking up on iron before space travel from now on (damn inventory management in my sci-fi getaway and chill game >=[).

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Agreed.

I just started an entirely new game and my starting planet had almost no Zinc at all. I had to walk almost 30 minutes straight with constant scans just to fine enough Zinc to fix my engine to get off the planet.

As compared to my old save which had a bunch of stuff on the Atlas Path. I just wanted to start new to relearn everything with the new systems and base building stuff.

Sentinels now drop Zink which is another great risk/reward addition.

OK, I've been thinking about the idea of having vehicle damage and I think that would create a decent alternative gaming loop. If the wheels and body could get damaged and what you need to repair them was rare then there would be a risk/reward aspect to vehicle traversal. You may end up on a planet with very little if any of the resources required, meaning you might get stranded miles away from your ship or base. Yep, I'd be happy with that. It gives us a perfect reason to upgrade the suit still while allowing us the freedom of using the vehicle. Someone send that idea to Hello Games.

Ugh.... the last thing we need in this game is another mineral farming mechanism.

Having to go fetch minerals for every thing in the game is what's holding it back to be honest.

mokeyjoe

Ugh.... the last thing we need in this game is another mineral farming mechanism.

Having to go fetch minerals for every thing in the game is what's holding it back to be honest.

Yeah. Having been messing around with the vehicles in Survival for a good while now i think they're fine. The fact that you need a Dynamic Resonator to build a pad (and you can't get the resources back) means you're committing something to exploring a planet.

I've actually got myself into more threatening situations buzzing around in my buggy than i usually do creeping around repeatedly charging my hazard protection, I've just managed to explore more and have more fun while doing it. I'm pretty sure they tweaked the Roamer handling in the last update, you can pull off some pretty cool slides now.

There's also something fresh about exploring this way. There's a different feeling taking a long 'road trip' on a planet, you're experiencing the world on a different scale to flying or on foot. Somehow the outside environment feels even more threatening and alien now, as you huddle in the safety of your buggy.

Land vehicles are a great addition, they're a genuine injection of fun into the game.

Looking forward to submarines next.

mokeyjoe

Haven't played since launch week, my inventory is full everywhere. I'm currently at a space station but there are no ships to buy (if I even have enough money) is there something I could do to stash my inventory? Build a base?

I haven't played in so long I'm kind of lost. Is there a benefit to starting over now that so much has updated? (Would I theoretically be able to find the planet I'm currently near?)

Yeah, start a base and do the first couple of quests and you'll be able to build storage containers. You may have to ditch/sell something first though. Don't worry too much about that, you'll pick up plenty more.

Fredrik

The time attack quest for the buggy nearly had me stop playing the game.

I had a base at a pretty but rocky planet, peaks everywhere but also caves everywhere. Having to race that surface to the check point was no easy task... or fun... I got stuck between several peaks losing like a minute before getting lose, fell into holes for caves and tried bombing myself out but eventually had to restart etc. I managed to complete the quest eventually but I swapped to a flatter planet afterwards. This was plain bad quest design if you ask me, they shouldn't just assume that it's easy to travel by buggy on all planets.

Surprising bonus though, I now have an even prettier planet with nice big areas with water for the hover craft and smooth hills with grass on the ilands for the buggy.

I had a base at a pretty but rocky planet, peaks everywhere but also caves everywhere. Having to race that surface to the check point was no easy task... or fun... I got stuck between several peaks losing like a minute before getting lose, fell into holes for a caves and tried bombing myself out but eventually had to restart etc. I managed to complete the quest eventually but I swapped to a flatter planet afterwards. This was plain bad quest design if you ask me, they shouldn't just assume that it's easy to travel by buggy on all planets.

Vehicle protip: if you get stuck in a cave, if you press X (vertical boost) while driving forward against a wall, you can usually climb up and out.

But yeah, that time trial quest does not give you enough time at all. It's hard to believe they even QA'd it. The easiest thing is to just do a scan in the vehicle and then fly there.

mokeyjoe

I had a base at a pretty but rocky planet, peaks everywhere but also caves everywhere. Having to race that surface to the check point was no easy task... or fun... I got stuck between several peaks losing like a minute before getting lose, fell into holes for a caves and tried bombing myself out but eventually had to restart etc. I managed to complete the quest eventually but I swapped to a flatter planet afterwards. This was plain bad quest design if you ask me, they shouldn't just assume that it's easy to travel by buggy on all planets.

Surprising bonus though, I now have an even prettier planet with nice big areas with water for the hover craft and smooth hills with grass on the ilands for the buggy.

You know i think you can cheese it by just using your ship.

Fredrik

Vehicle protip: if you get stuck in a cave, if you press X (vertical boost) while driving forward against a wall, you can usually climb up and out.

But yeah, that time trial quest does not give you enough time at all. It's hard to believe they even QA'd it. The easiest thing is to just do a scan in the vehicle and then fly there.
Bah! Didn't know about the X or using the ship :/ Oh well I have a nice vehicle friendly planet now so I guess I should be thankful or something.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
You're the third person to say this. I haven't got a clue what you mean by 'fuel' shortages. It's an absolute breeze to keep them fuelled. I've always got a surplus of Platonium. There's no doubt about it, it's now too easy to traverse planets and the threats have been completely negated.
They're the third person to say it because its a big galaxy/universe and not everyone is experiencing the same degree of Pu surplus you seem to have. And if you've got such a surplus, it's just as easy to then hop around from place to place in your ship, get out quick, grab what you need and get back in, needing barely any suit mods at all to survive the brief moments outside.

mokeyjoe

Plutonium levels seem about right to me. You have to keep an eye out for it but you're rarely left stranded. It's hardly Zinc levels of scarcity.

On that note, making sentinels drop zinc was a great idea.

This update is buggy as hell. Crashed during startup, which I haven't seen since the first time I loaded it on launch day. Then it hung (video freeze, but audio still going) while I was headed towards a freighter distress call. Base PS4.

I don't know what's up with their QA process, but they need to test their shit more before they release updates.

This update is buggy as hell. Crashed during startup, which I haven't seen since the first time I loaded it on launch day. Then it hung (video freeze, but audio still going) while I was headed towards a freighter distress call. Base PS4.

I don't know what's up with their QA process, but they need to test their shit more before they release updates.

Yeah I've noticed crashing on PC a lot since the update too. At first I assumed it was just the planet I was on (some are more intensive than others) but with all these crash reports I guess it's the update.

PC performance has been awful ever since the Pathfinder update though. FPS drops are affecting almost everyone, regardless of hardware.

Had the exact same thing yesterday. On Pro.

Here's Sean GDC talk: http://gdcvault.com/play/1024514/Building-Worlds-Using
Still watching it so I can't do a summary

Really good but I was a bit stunned when he was talking about training terrain generators by using real world terrain data, as he said "It looks super realistic, but the problem with this is... the real world is boring. I mean, have you ever been for a walk?"

Holy crap. Yeah, if you use terrain data from somewhere as flat as Utah, you can expect that. But there are some STUNNING real world locations that would be perfect for this. Madeira is a really small island with something crazy like 20+ micro climates due to the elevation. It would be perfect for NMS-style alien environments. The Quiraing from Scotland would be another crazy awesome opportunity for this, as the terrain is frequently used in films looking for alien environments (like Prometheus and Transformers).

Seriously, I need to march to his office and slap him with a wet fish until he goes back to this concept with the right terrain data:

Madeira-Tours26.jpg

AJT_7148-Edit-Edit.jpg

How do I get blueprints? I'm so lost right now :(

Collecting Nanite Clusters and trading them for blueprints at space station vendors is the most reliable way (and lets you choose which blueprints to obtain). You can still find them on planets but they're rarer - some NPCs will give them to you, and I've found some in locked facilities (where you shoot the steel door to get in).

jiiikoo

Banned
Collecting Nanite Clusters and trading them for blueprints at space station vendors is the most reliable way (and lets you choose which blueprints to obtain). You can still find them on planets but they're rarer - some NPCs will give them to you, and I've found some in locked facilities (where you shoot the steel door to get in).

Ah okay! I'll go hunting then! Thanks.

So.... I'm a few systems away from my home planet and when replenishing my ships thrusters with plutonium I can acces the stock I have in my Exocraft?? That's seems.....odd?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
More plutonium, more Zink, vehicles to make it less dangerous ...

Sounds like some of you just want to turn Survival into the 'Chill' mode.

Read again. I'm not asking for it to be implemented, I'm curious why I can replenish my thrusters from the plutonium stack in my Exocraft. In others words: I don't like it.

My main gripe with survival so far is how quick life support drains. Essentially it forces you to walk instead of run and it's incredibly annoying and takes away from the experience. The plutonium doesn't bother me too much although it was frustrating on the first couple of planets.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Read again. I'm not asking for it to be implemented, I'm curious why I can replenish my thrusters from the plutonium stack in my Exocraft. In others words: I don't like it.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you. It's just something you learn to take into account and so manage your inventory accordingly.

My main gripe with survival so far is how quick life support drains. Essentially it forces you to walk instead of run and it's incredibly annoying and takes away from the experience. The plutonium doesn't bother me too much although it was frustrating on the first couple of planets.

That's the point of Survival. There's the Normal mode if that's your thing. People pick Survival because it's 'hard', although it hasn't been so hard since the small update that came out just after the Foundation update. There WAS a game breaking problem, a situation in which resources could be depleted between treks out into the wilderness and then on returning and saving, you would find you had less life and less resources each time. This lead to situations in which you ended up with a slither of health and no way to replenish it. This was patched and now you'll always find 'just' enough to get by, if you're sensible.

Survival should not be made easier, just manageable. for instance, they've balanced the Zink out by allowing us to take on Sentinels and get some Zink that way, although there's a risk, and that is exactly what you want in Survival mode. I've played this game for 300+ hours now (travelling though 5 galaxies) and watched well over 500 hours on Youtube ... I'm addicted to watching other people's journeys and seeing how they cope with what appears to be an almost insurmountable problem to begin with. In every single case, eventually they 'get it' and survive. Part of the problem was people continued to play as they had done in Normal mode, even strolling past Plutonium or Zink or Thamium while on their trek to the ship. It was fun to watch, and still is.

Another problem I'm seeing (and not just on here, on other forums and Youtube) is people assuming the experience with Survival mode is always going to be the same as the beginning and so they're worried they'll have to struggle throughout the mode. ... They don't. Once you've upgraded a little, got used to the routines, found a base, a decent ship or a manageable planet, you can continue to improve your durability with relative ease. It then just becomes a case of good management, and it's not even that constant, it's just an occasional thing you have to take care of.

Here's one problem I faced early on in Survival mode: I landed on a planet with very little plutonium (pre patch), found NO zink and got into a death loop. After dying several times (I'd learned not to save. DON'T SAVE in this situation), I was worried that was it. What I ended up doing was breaking ALL of my upgrades down and managed to just get enough resources to escape the death loop I was in. 'Phew' ... But it was FUN and EXCITING.

That might not be your idea of fun and exciting but if that's the case, don't choose Survival. Survival was added for those of us who DO want that sort of thing. I'm now trying Permadeath and that's frigin' scary as hell. I just watch DM21 crash and burn after 20 hours, and just like the trooper and lover of challenge he is, he just started again and accepted his fate.

Just stick with it and learn the game loop. The beginning hours are the hardest but it grows easier as you progress. Platinum and iron are your friend. They make shielding shards.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I am too, its gorgeous!!! I just wish it wouldnt send my fans into overdrive. Honesty, they start to ramp up as soon as i pick my mode and the world im on starts. It makes no sense because the system cant be overheating....it did it today as soon as i started it up and it was the first game i played today.

I quit that and played horizon for 2 hrs and my Pro was near silent the entire time

Hey, I know I'm super late but I can say mine is going crazy too actually. I don't know what the difference is, maybe I was just paying attention this time. I'm sure it's because 4K mode is uncapped. I'm going to try to shoot them an email, hopefully it's something they can fix. Anyway you weren't crazy!I guess I just wasn't really paying attention the first time I played

Top Bottom