• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Finally got around to beating this. Definitely more streamlined than the first one, but I didn't really like the side jobs and missed the overworld. Totally missed fighting Kimmy and the revenge missions; that's a very glaring oversight. Didn't like Shinobu's platforming but she was pretty fun to play. Henry only got one fight and he wasn't that fun.

The last boss was ridiculous. I'd whittle his second form down and then he'd do the teleporting and knock me out the window. Even in his first form, I didn't know you had to saber-lock him when he got down to half health. Then again I played it on the easiest setting and didn't do any wrestling/dark stepping. The camera angles during that battle didn't help much either.

Is it just me or are some of the areas long and tedious. I can't believe how many enemies I had to fight outside the Supermarket. I must've gotten the Tiger mode 3 or 4 times and they still kept coming.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah the last boss (first time I looked at strategies online), and a couple others were truly awful for different reasons. The original is a classic imo, the sequel was fun and fan servicing in some ways but not as good. It's still worthwhile though. I loved some of the other bosses, like that robotic arms chick from the original NMH CG trailer. I liked the garbage, pest exterminator, and bbq side jobs. But I never got enough enough money to buy that weapon from Naomi (yet I kept visiting her... lol...). I liked the pay phone story stuff. Poor Sylvia. And I enjoyed the tweaks to the fighting with the saber switching and what not. I was sad about the ending the most, it wasn't super epic like NMH's. And yeah, the streamlining hurt it in some ways. They shouldn't have ditched the boss fight fees to make people do more side missions and stuff. I think they had to rush the game, I'm pretty sure the original plan was to have a better overworld and such rather than ditch everything and focus on the boss fights only...

Just started playing.

Amazing, but two things:

(1) Cut scene frame-rate drops? Normal?

(2) Why is there a pink line on the right edge of my screen? I fixed it with overscan, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the internets.

olimpia84

Took advantage of PSN being down to clear up some of my backlog and decided to beat this game. Overall, I think it's one of the best Wii games out there although I still like the first one better. I know people complained about the broken gameplay and the poor open world the first one had but I actually missed them...I know it sounds weird but I think that was part of the charm of the game. This sequel is much more streamlined which made the game lose a bit of 'soul' but I did like the whole retro vibe they went after with the side jobs.

The assassins in the first game are slightly better bit this one had some memorable ones (like #8,2 and 3). The final boss was annoying as hell but I guess that was an extra motivation to beat him. The ending was short but good.

_Alkaline_ said:
Just started playing.

Amazing, but two things:

(1) Cut scene frame-rate drops? Normal?

(2) Why is there a pink line on the right edge of my screen? I fixed it with overscan, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the internets.

1) yes
2) never had that problem

Hiltz

Yeah, the sequel suffers from several sections that are lengthy and tedious. The super market, abandoned building, and the mall levels were the worst. I thought they would never end.

Dever

Banned
Hiltz said:
Yeah, the sequel suffers from several sections that are lengthy and tedious. The super market, abandoned building, and the mall levels were the worst. I thought they would never end.

I thought the part where you fight at a parking lot was glitched because it took so long...

Proven

Dever said:
I thought the part where you fight at a parking lot was glitched because it took so long...

Lol, those were a bit on the tedious side, but I ended up swinging my arms like a mad man and enjoying myself anyway. Just had to let out that tiger spirit.

Just started this. Continuing to clear out my backlog. So far, it's ok. I thought I heard at first this game was going to be classic controller only but it seems the controls from part one are left in-tact. Thank goodness.

I love how they included a shooter mini-game in this though. Even if it's only one level.

Made it to rank number 4. Just three more to go! The game's more fun than I figured it'd be. Done all of the side missions and am at full health and power already too. The length seems just right.

I actually only started this because I accidentally put in this game instead of Sin and Punishment: Star Successor. Glad I did though.

Dascu

The last couple of assassins are fantastic. Careful with the final boss though. He's got a potential OHKO move that can be a pain to avoid.

Just beat it on Mild. Man the last boss kind of sucks. 2nd form was annoying. I also beat Skelter Helter on Bitter. Took way too long too. Not going to bother going through it on Bitter. Got too many games to play.

The game was fun overall. I was surprised at how addicted I was to the game. Very enjoyable. Glad to have completed it.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Smart man stopping on Bitter. Got to the second form of the final boss that way and almost broke my tv.

It took me some time, but never before has a boss frustrated me like that.

lunchtoast

Ranked 8th right now. Glad the Shinobu part is over, thought her controls and platforming were terrible. It improved over everything about the first one and I love the 8bit mini-games.

Top Bottom