• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition -- JPN Port of US PS3 No More Heroes

Don

Margaret really should have been one of the five bosses just for her theme song.

Hopefully all of these additions will be included in the EU/US versions.

AAK

Can someone explain how the 5 boss fights from NMH2 work? How can you randomly place boss fights from a different game into this one? Is it like how Capcom ported Phantom from DMC1 into that demon's gate boss fight in DMC2 to work into the gameplay mechanics of DMC2? Or does the game engine change to fit NMH2's when you reach that level.

Also what about the narrative? Does it have the cutscenes leading up to that point? Or is it just like a boss rush mode where you can play against them?

devastatorprime said:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/21/no_more_heroes_red_zone_first_look/
More details from andriasang. The 5 bosses from no more heroes 2 are

Skelter Helter
Nathan Copeland
Kimmy Howell
Matt Helms
Alice Twilight

Im pretty damn excited that Alice is in as she was my favorite boss from NMH2. I hope forbidden mode is included in the update of heroes paradise thats coming to the west. Perhaps thats maybe why it got delayed?

No Margaret? No Captain Vladmir? No
Dr. Letz Shake
? Lame. At least it has Alice and Skelter Helter. The other three kind of suck.

Dascu

AAK said:
Can someone explain how the 5 boss fights from NMH2 work? How can you randomly place boss fights from a different game into this one? Is it like how Capcom ported Phantom from DMC1 into that demon's gate boss fight in DMC2 to work into the gameplay mechanics of DMC2? Or does the game engine change to fit NMH2's when you reach that level.

Also what about the narrative? Does it have the cutscenes leading up to that point? Or is it just like a boss rush mode where you can play against them?
They just appear in the boss rush mode.

randomwab

I'm almost 100% sure they've redone how the character self-shadowing looks. On the original PS3 version it's really noticeable and almost seems like too much. Looks like they've toned it down here, more than likely for the better.

On a side note, almost every UK retailer has this down for a May 20th release. Is this confirmed? If so, hot damn,

onQ123

devastatorprime said:
I guess it was a heavy day for the girl at :46
kobeyuck.png

Ridley327

randomwab said:
I'm almost 100% sure they've redone how the character self-shadowing looks. On the original PS3 version it's really noticeable and almost seems like too much. Looks like they've toned it down here, more than likely for the better.

On a side note, almost every UK retailer has this down for a May 20th release. Is this confirmed? If so, hot damn,
It also looks like they went back to how the Wii game controlled (for Move mode, at least), so they may have fixed the tedium they added to the port.

Perhaps we'll finally get a good port out of the game after all!

Isn't the western HD version coming out soon? I can't remember any previews at all, e.g. how it controls with Move. IIRC they said they would NOT just copy the Wii controls, so it would be interesting to know (1:1 sword control possible?).

Btw: Do we know how they will integrate the bosses of NMH2? I haven't played the games but it's hard for me to understand how that would fit story-wise. Or maybe it's just a bonus mode?
Also, this could mean that they won't port NMH2, but then it makes no sense to bring the franchise to other platforms if you already decided to discontinue it on them.

Dascu

SolidusDave said:
Isn't the western HD version coming out soon? I can't remember any previews at all, e.g. how it controls with Move. IIRC they said they would NOT just copy the Wii controls, so it would be interesting to know (1:1 sword control possible?).

Btw: Do we know how they will integrate the bosses of NMH2? I haven't played the games but it's hard for me to understand how that would fit story-wise. Or maybe it's just a bonus mode?
Also, this could mean that they won't port NMH2, but then it makes no sense to bring the franchise to other platforms if you already decided to discontinue it on them.
1) 1:1 sword control would require a rather drastic overhaul of the combat engine.
2) The NMH2 bosses show up in the boss rush/arena mode.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm curious how you'll brutally murder Kimmy Howell. I mean look at her!

RenderKimmy-620x.jpg

Dascu

ULTROS! said:
I'm curious how you'll brutally murder Kimmy Howell. I mean look at her!

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/162748-analyzing-no-more-heroes-2-part-1-the-bosses/RenderKimmy-620x.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
You didn't play the game, I suppose?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dascu said:
You didn't play the game, I suppose?

Nah, that's why I'm buying this version (NMH PS3 localized, don't have a Wii).

Hiltz

Skelter Helter's boss fight was alright but nothing memorable.

Nathan Copeland's battle is the most frustrating and cheap. At least his introduction is awesome.

Kimmy is one the more fun battles and her intro and ending were pretty entertaining.

Matt Helms was kind of tough depending on which beam katana you use to fight him with.
He felt like a throwaway type of boss.

Alice was similar to Nathan's in how cheap some of her attacks are.I didn't care much for her battle.

Holly Summers was annoying and cheap to fight against. However, her boss ending helped made up for it.

Harvey Volodarskii offered was one of the more unique battles.

Speed Buster's battle was boring.

Dascu

Hiltz said:
Skelter Helter's boss fight was alright but nothing memorable.

Nathan Copeland's battle is the most frustrating and cheap. At least his introduction is awesome.

Kimmy is one the more fun battles and her intro and ending were pretty entertaining.

Matt Helms was kind of tough depending on which beam katana you use to fight him with.
He felt like a throwaway type of boss.

Alice was similar to Nathan's in how cheap some of her attacks are.I didn't care much for her battle.

Holly Summers was annoying and cheap to fight against. However, her boss ending helped made up for it.

Harvey Volodarskii offered was one of the more unique battles.

Speed Buster's battle was boring.
I liked Matt Helms. Cool setting. Could've used some more exposition though.

Loved Alice. The fight could be pretty cheap, but her design, the setting, the music, the intro and ending cutscenes. Great stuff.

Dascu said:
I liked Matt Helms. Cool setting. Could've used some more exposition though.

Loved Alice. The fight could be pretty cheap, but her design, the setting, the music, the intro and ending cutscenes. Great stuff.

Alice is like top tier for all the meaning behind it. Actually Alice's fight meant more due to the tactics you could use, I was on the edge of my seat. Matt though? No thanks, I was far too stressed during the fight. Hell I'm not even sure if I'm doing the counter right.

Kinda disappointing the NMH2 boss characters are all just thrown in a generic cage match setting, and they're not actually inserted into the story at all.

:/

Criminal Upper said:
Kinda disappointing the NMH2 boss characters are all just thrown in a generic cage match setting, and they're not actually inserted into the story at all.

:/

I'm not surprised...I mean, the bosses are tied in with the story, there's no way you could move them between games without major tweeking

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will the JPN version have English subs? Any US/EU release date?

SaintZ

Zoramon089 said:
I'm not surprised...I mean, the bosses are tied in with the story, there's no way you could move them between games without major tweeking
Well, they could include Skelter Helter and Nathan Copeland (maybe Kimmy?) in the story since they are at the beginning of DS anyway but yeah, I thought you would be able to fight them in their original stages at least.

Dascu

SaintZ said:
Well, they could include Skelter Helter and Nathan Copeland (maybe Kimmy?) in the story since they are at the beginning of DS anyway but yeah, I thought you would be able to fight them in their original stages at least.
There'd have to be a time-skip. And remaking the stages would be a bit too much work for a port like this.

Bankoiia

Will be getting this for trophies alone, and I don't even particularly care about collecting them in the first place.

If they're going through the trouble of adding forbidden viewer mode they damn sure better make sure to have the save screenshot function in the XMB =) Hopefully at E3 Konami will let out all the details as to whether or not we will be getting the extra missionss, beam katanas and viewer mode. If not I might have to double dip and get red zone edition.

August 16 according to Amazon, which puts it about 2 or 3 weeks after Red Zone hits Japan.

To be honest, I might get Red Zone instead just because it'll actually be cheaper to import that than buy the domestic for $60.

PounchEnvy said:
Not sure about this but I doubt it. He wasn't involved with Paradise.
Hopefully all of his focus is right now on No More Heroes 3, or he is going to surprise us and is secretly working on Killer8. :O

Carnby

FYI: Last time I checked, No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise is up for pre order on Amazon for only 39.96.

Jigsaw

Banned
this game is so send to death,it comes out in 3 days in europe and no one knows,good job konami,releasing the same day as l.a. noire,what were you thinking :fp

apparently america needs to wait a few months longer

anyone bother to make an OT ?

the first 10 minutes of the european version (german subtitles)

http://www.gameswelt.tv/19988/no-mo...ersten-10-minuten-der-ps3-version.html?mode=1

the load times seem to have improved a bit

old ps3 japanese version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEwGyWDsDAY#t=3m28s

10 seconds vs 7 seconds

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I might pick this us. I have the Wii version, played a couple hours and really dug it, but the graphics are pretty ugly / blurry. PS3 verison looks nice

I think the move support will be ass for this game. I have NMH, NMH2 and NMH Paradise in my collection and only played the original NMH with the Wiimote, NMH2 with the classic controller and Paradise with a DS3. It just feels better for me.

I´m pretty sure you don´t miss out on this game if you buy it and don´t have a Move controller.

Top Bottom