• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition -- JPN Port of US PS3 No More Heroes

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I won't mind doing the OT though.

Edgeward

I sure hope on top of all the neat features not included in the original JP port, they also went ahead and cleared up the technical issues as well. Be day 1 perch if true.

StevePharma said:
I think the move support will be ass for this game. I have NMH, NMH2 and NMH Paradise in my collection and only played the original NMH with the Wiimote, NMH2 with the classic controller and Paradise with a DS3. It just feels better for me.

I´m pretty sure you don´t miss out on this game if you buy it and don´t have a Move controller.

I dunno, for me motion controls make NMH (and DS) so damn satisfying. I couldn't imagine it without them.

randomwab

Can't believe this is really coming out in a few days. I'd been checking a few sites over the past week waiting to see the date pushed back, if only because there was absolutely no word from Konami or coverage from any sites. Thought it was just a mass place holder.

Gotta pick this up now.

So... Konami themselves forgot about the game?

First gameplay impressions ever will come from preorder copies?

The UK shops don't even seem to have a packshot. Here's the German version:
xhFA5.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
_Alkaline_ said:
I dunno, for me motion controls make NMH (and DS) so damn satisfying. I couldn't imagine it without them.

Despite having the option, I wouldn't even touch NMH2 without the waggle.

To each their own, but the NMH series is one of the few games that gets motion controls right. They're so basic and dont add any real gameplay depth, but performing execution kills with a single slash or getting down with wrestling moves feels sooooooooo gooooooooooood.

Hmmm game instore dont even have this down as coming out on friday so they said it doesnt look like they will be getting any instore. Wonder if its going to be a limited release.

Canti

I thought this had been delayed (hence the lack of advertising for this week)?

Amazon.com now have the date down as August 16th 2011.

Jigsaw

Banned
the uk shops are shipping their copies now,shopto only has a few more copies in stock,so the initial shipment must be very small

is ultros making an OT or should we just use this thread instead?(in this case,can a mod change the thread title and make note that the game is out now in europe and australia?)

Gaogaogao

so the US version DOES have all of the extra stuff from Red Zone?

fuck yeah.

do it again for NMH2 please, not buying a wii anytime soon.

LiK

Gaogaogao said:
so the US version DOES have all of the extra stuff from Red Zone?

fuck yeah.

do it again for NMH2 please, not buying a wii anytime soon.

wait, it does? might cancel my jpn preorder now.

Jigsaw

Banned
Family Fry said:
Yeah even includes the japanese 1st run Ms. Sylvia’s 18 and up only pack.
Forbidden Viewer...yum.
nmhrze2.jpg

isn't this dlc and the first print has the code in the box?i wonder if it's included in the european version too

The viewer mode was confirmed by the ESRB for NA version, via this comment about rating.

"In a Character Viewer mode, a woman's buttocks is fully exposed"

Priceless.
Since it's been PEGI/BBFC'd 18 certificate, I would imagine it will also feature in UK/EU version.

Funtruck said:
im buying a move controller just for this
you and me both.

Hiltz said:
Skelter Helter's boss fight was alright but nothing memorable.

Nathan Copeland's battle is the most frustrating and cheap. At least his introduction is awesome.

Kimmy is one the more fun battles and her intro and ending were pretty entertaining.

Matt Helms was kind of tough depending on which beam katana you use to fight him with.
He felt like a throwaway type of boss.

Alice was similar to Nathan's in how cheap some of her attacks are.I didn't care much for her battle.

Holly Summers was annoying and cheap to fight against. However, her boss ending helped made up for it.

Harvey Volodarskii offered was one of the more unique battles.

Speed Buster's battle was boring.

image.php

i like how your av is from a show with a similar premise.

IrishNinja said:
TWO CHICKS ..well played.

Yuterald

I imported the Asian version on impulse a year ago thinking the PS3 version was never going to make it to NA. I remember there being something wrong with the controls, rotating the analog sticks to do wrestling moves demanded such odd precision. I was pretty disappointed.

I wonder if this version fixed any of the control issues. I mastered the fuck out of the Wii version and I still prefer the original version to this day.

So...is there or is there not limited time DLC for Red Zone?

Also there is a chance there will be multiple trophy lists/entries (noooo)...consisting of
JP NMHP
JP NMHP RZ
US/EU NMHP (or even that seperate)

Enough, now lets have NMH2 HD and Travis Touchdown and co avatars. Please.

F#A#Oo

Banned
holy crap the release of this came quick for EU...

LA Noire is what I will be picking up though...

This will have to wait...

Demathe

Neo Member
Will certainly double-dip, loved it on Wii (the sequel, while better in many aspects, just didn't do it for me. Final boss certainly didn't help).

I'll first try it with the DS3, yeah the finishing moves and wrestling smackdowns are better with motion but I'll go for a lazy playthrough first :)

Too bad Move doesn't have a speaker though, in the original I almost looked forward to Sylvia's calls more than the actual boss battles :p

"head for the garden of madness!!"

So let's put it this way. If you masturbate with any degree of regularity, you'll probably really enjoy No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise. And you can quote me on that.

Best closing statement of a Eurogamer review ever? I like to think so.

RPGCrazied

Wow.

EU is on a roll lately with games. Whats up with that?

Oh wait, this might be the first game I import. Already in english, plus not waiting 3 months. What are good import sites?

Wizpig

If i buy this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004P5OF6Q/

will i have the bosses from NMH 2 too? is it the version with those extras?
Also does it play fine with the regular pad?

NMH 2 sucked with the classic controller but i'm not going to buy a Move -- well, let's say i am, what's the price for the Move? thanks.

Wizpig said:
If i buy this

NMH 2 sucked with the classic controller but i'm not going to buy a Move -- well, let's say i am, what's the price for the Move? thanks.

I would say the pad controls for NMH:RZ would be even worse than the CC from Desperate Stuggle, as the port of Red Zone isn't handled by Grasshopper at all.

Wizpig

Criminal Upper said:
I would say the pad controls for NMH:RZ would be even worse than the CC from Desperate Stuggle, as the port of Red Zone isn't handled by Grasshopper at all.
Yaaaaaay. ugh.
Does this version at least contain the "new" bosses? don't know if want at this point.

randomwab

Wizpig said:
If i buy this

The EU/US release of Heroes Paradise is the same as Red Zone. Eurogamer clarified that a few weeks ago. After they released Heroes Paradise in Japan, Konami picked it up for Euro/US release and asked AQ to put more development time into it. This became the EU/US version of Heroes Paradise, which they're releasing as Red Zone in Japan 'cause there's already a Heroes Paradise there.

The additions so far are uncut gore, retweaked graphics and slightly better load times, NMH2 bosses in a boss run mode, masterba....I mean, model viewer and new bikes or some such.

As for the pad controls, I played through the original release of Heroes Paradise and, for the most, thought they were fine. Only problem I had was sometimes the sticks wouldn't register for the sword dual spin round part, like with the Shinobu fight.

FJ0372

AceBandage said:
A remake of a remake?

Sorry to go slightly off-topic but could someone please clarify this for me. I bought the original 'No More Heroes' on Nintendo Wii but never really got into it (I only defeated the first boss). I got sucked into running my Wii games on Dolphin after that and this game never got properly fixed to run on Dolphin so I never went back to it. Now that I can buy a HD version I think that's what I'm going to do as I already happen to have PS Move but what is No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (US/EU) in relation to the original? A straight port or a game includes part/ all of No More Heroes 2 too? Thanks.

Jintor

A straight HD port with added optional bosses (that exist purely as gameplay challenges)

/edit and the 'sexy mode' viewer I guess?

I imported the US version along with a freeloader once the game intially came out for Wii. I haven't played it since a software update killed the off the freeloader, so I might eventually pick this up for the PS3 along with a move controller. The only thing I will miss from the Wii version will be the phone calls.

randomwab

FJ0372 said:
Sorry to go slightly off-topic but could someone please clarify this for me. I bought the original 'No More Heroes' on Nintendo Wii but never really got into it (I only defeated the first boss). I got sucked into running my Wii games on Dolphin after that and this game never got properly fixed to run on Dolphin so I never went back to it. Now that I can buy a HD version I think that's what I'm going to do as I already happen to have PS Move but what is No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise (US/EU) in relation to the original? A straight port or a game includes part/ all of No More Heroes 2 too? Thanks.

It's the same game as the Wii version, with HD graphics, uncut gore (same as the US version), a boss run (which they've also inserted five NMH2 bosses into), online leaderboards and a few misc extras.

RavenFox

Banned
Noisepurge said:
atleast the PAL cover doesn't have any bullet points on special features beyond the Move-tab:
http://todellisuus.net/~malakai/random/nmh.jpg[/MG]

But is there blood in this :E The main reason i didn't want to buy the PAL Wii edition....
(atleast it is K18)[/QUOTE]
Wow sweet cover. Never played any of them but I just might give this a go. Good game Gaf?

LiK

RavenFox said:
Wow sweet cover. Never played any of them but I just might give this a go. Good game Gaf?
Combat is fun with waggle on Wii. The open world stuff sucks tho. Crazy story and characters.

I tested the original NMH on the Wii, I'll break it down like this:

No More Heroes was released in Japan in November 2007 Japan for the Wii, it only came out in an censored format; no gore, and cutcenes were slightly altered.

No More Heroes for NA was released a few months later, in Feb of 2008. It had some bug fixes and all the gore intact.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise was released in Japan for the PS3 and 360 last year. The game was a very buggy port by AQ. This featured pad support for both systems as well as HD visuals. The game had longer load times than the Wii version, screen tearing, and crashes. It did have unlockable costumes for all the girl characters though!

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise for NA and PAL was announced to be coming to the PS3 exclusively, with Move support. It was announced to have some bosses from No More Heroes 2, and the character model viewer thrown in for whatever reason. The European version is coming out tomorrow, but there's no definitive date set for the NA version as of yet.

No More Heroes: Red Zone
is the JPN port of the NA version of Heroes' Paradise. This includes the Move Support, NMH2 boses, and the character model viewer that were NOT in the original release of Heroes Paradise for Japan.

Suda 51 and grasshopper have nothing to do with these ports, and Suda has repeatedly washed his hands of it when asked about them in interviews (for good reason)

Top Bottom