• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes sequel announced for Switch [Up: Will begin development soon.]

Veal

That translator was amazingly hilarious. It sounds like either he got the Mic ripped away from him or he couldn't WAIT to get the fuck off the air bahaha!

Coda

That translator was amazingly hilarious. It sounds like either he got the Mic ripped away from him or he couldn't WAIT to get the fuck off the air bahaha!

Pretty sure Suda just went off script so it threw him for a loop haha.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Well... I did it. I preordered a Switch for no other reason than No More Heroes 3 (never been big on any Nintendo IPs, so...). Do right by me, Suda. Please don't cancel it or have it in limbo.

Shouldn't you wait until it's out of even the planning/concept stage? It's a late 2018/early 2019 game.

This is like you pre-ordering the 3DS for Mega Man Legends 3 lol (and that game had a 'demo' build)

IrishNinja

No+more+heroes+charge+gif+katana.gif

I worry the mini controller will slip from my head due to excessive....
Recharging

literally no way we're not double-fisting it this time

kunonabi

Why is everyone calling it nmh3? I thought he just said a game with Travis in it.

If Suda doesn't direct I'm not buying it. Not after that garbage fire that was nmh2.

Suda seemed so excited that the translator seemed to not be able to keep up. Haha...

Excited for these, even if it was just a tease. Love both NMH and NMH2. My favorite Suda games. Still need to play Killer 7 at some point.

Coda

Why is everyone calling it nmh3? I thought he just said a game with Travis in it.

If Suda doesn't direct I'm not buying it. Not after that garbage fire that was nmh2.

People are just calling it that because it doesn't have a title, what else would we call it for now? I feel like he has to be directing this game, he probably feels a need to direct a game on a new Nintendo platform.

One of the best announcements for me!!! I loved No More Heroes 1 and 2! This is so awesome!!! I thought they were done with Travis's story (even though it really wasn't) so they made me so glad!

Can somebody explain why the translator was so messed up?

Was Suda speaking gibberish or was the translator just out of his depth?

IrishNinja

yeah, 2 was a stepdown but totally worth playing, bosses weren't as good overall but dual wielding was fun. i just wanted more time with Travis.

People are jumping to conclusions.
It's not even a real game yet.

ITS REAL TO ME DAMMIT
and i read it as NMH3, which is definitely more than nagoshi gave me

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I fear this didn't even start its development, but still...EXCITED! The first one was a masterpiece, the second one a good sequel (more polished and more of the same, less unique, of course)

Day one, but really really hope that Suda is directing it.

I was pretty disappointed with two as well but Alice's level and dialog gave me enough of the feeling of what I was missing from the first game to get me back into it. Luckily for the game that was right near the end so I didn't have the bitter taste of like everything between Nathan's fight and hers still with me when I finished.

Piers

I do legit wonder if he was going through something traumatic just then because he sounded to me like he was trying to hold himself back from a break down.

Astarte

This game better have at least two kill the past references, Travis the assassinated ghost, and more weeb mini games for me to get over Suda never directing again

Based on what?

For real?

The thing I wanna know is why did the translator have problems with translating what Suda said? Could he just not keep up?

I would be hot and bothered too if Suda opened up a speech with a suave pose like that

Ramenman

Exactly. The problem with insta-posting threads during conferences.

It's clear by Suda's words and attitude that even he doesn't know what the game is yet. He even said the name isn't chosed. He just said there is Travis in it.

Yet here is this thread giving false hope to people who haven't seen the conference and browse gaf after the fact, saying "No More Heroes sequel" when not once was the title uttered.

I was glad to see Suda but that's about it for now, nothing has been announced, and they made it feel like nothing even exists yet.

Exactly. The problem with insta-posting threads during conferences.

It's clear by Suda's words and attitude that even he doesn't know what the game is yet. He even said the name isn't chosed. He just said there is Travis in it.

Yet here is this thread giving false hope to people who haven't seen the conference and browse gaf after the fact, saying "No More Heroes sequel" when not once was the title uttered.

I was glad to see Suda but that's about it for now, nothing has been announced, and they made it feel like nothing even exists yet.

If Travis is in it, and he is the main character, it's going to be seen as a NMH sequel, whether it's a numbered as such or not.

Kouichi

I didn't think we'd ever get another No More Heroes, so I am super happy about this. Got to replay the first two before this drops!

Also, I really need a better translation of what Suda said. All I could make out from that nervous translator was that he didn't know what the name of the game would be, and something about being inspired by indies, I think?

opricnik

Banned
Well... I did it. I preordered a Switch for no other reason than No More Heroes 3 (never been big on any Nintendo IPs, so...). Do right by me, Suda. Please don't cancel it or have it in limbo.

You should wait until when game really exist and release before making moves like these. Hell when this game released console will be much much cheaper , then if this fails/cancels we will see "i bought switch/xbone/wiiu for this but cancelled"

"But I will write all the scripts and I will do the direction for the first time in ten years."

Fuuuuck yes. That softens the blow that it hasn't started production yet.

Hype went way way up for this one. The original No More Heroes is the last game he directed himself, can't fucking wait.

jmizzal

http://www.4gamer.net/games/368/G036857/20170113148/

He is getting ready to start writing a plot. Will start development very soon.

Yea he is directing this one

"Suda said:
 can not say it yet.
 But I will write all the scripts and I will do the direction for the first time in ten years."

He also says he wanted it out this year for the 10th anniversary of NMH's but that wont happen, but will give info little by little

Hopefully next year and E3 we can see something.

Who is the publisher?

Who is crazy enough to pay for this series again? Bless them.

GungoHo owns Grasshopper now, they publish their games, they published Let it Die, which is doing very well on PSN, GrungHo makes a lot of money so they will be fine.

Top Bottom