• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No One Lives Forever Trademark Filed By Night Dive Studios (System Shock 2 Steam)

Mikey Jr.

At first I was like "The fuck? There were 4 games?" and I got excited that maybe I missed one.

But no....only 3.

Grief.exe

I feel like Night Dive is mainly a legal department that goes and tracks down where these games are located.

I mean no one knew where the System Shock 2 license resided, turns out it was with some obscure insurance company. Not even Activision knew where the No One Lives Forever licence was and Night Dive managed to dig it up.

I'm a bitter, cynical person who has had his hopes crushed too many times, but...

ILdgw8T.jpg

I feel like Night Dive is mainly a legal department that goes and tracks down where these games are located.

That's pretty accurate, but that's pretty much what we actually needed. We have plenty of companies with the technical chops to upgrade and repackage old games, but nobody but Night Dive has been effective yet at chopping through these Gordian licensing knots.

Miker

I played the first (loved it) and never finished the second because I didn't gel with the stealth -> alarm -> enemy respawning system. I'd love to give it a second shot though.

Also, Monolith :( from SHOGO and NOLF to really dark, gloomy stuff like FEAR (which is awesome, don't get me wrong) and LOTR-AssCreed-thing.

All God's children are watching you now, Night Dive. Do not fail us!

I can't wait to play these games. My playthrough of Blood is going very well, and a bona-fide package for these two games is much more interesting than Shogo or Blood II.

Grief.exe

That's pretty accurate, but that's pretty much what we actually needed. We have plenty of companies with the technical chops to upgrade and repackage old games, but nobody but Night Dive has been effective yet at chopping through these Gordian licensing knots.

The hero we deserve.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I mean no one knew where the System Shock 2 license resided, turns out it was with some obscure insurance company. Not even Activision knew where the No One Lives Forever licence was and Night Dive managed to dig it up.

And god bless them for it.

Imagine the amount of extras GOG would have for this release. There's a metric fuck-ton of digital feelies available for System Shock 2, they've gotta top that!

Most of all, though, I want to play System Shock the original with the Portable mouselook mod built into the DOSBox app.

HOLY.

SHIT.

I'm actually crying here just at the thought of actually having them on Steam/GOG.
Well, not really, but almost.
Well maybe my eyes got just slightly wet here..

No but seriously, the first game was so fucking amazing. Haven't got my hands on the second game yet, but man...

Fugu

This is some bizarre timing. I'm about halfway through the first one right now having sat on playing it for at least ten years. What a great game. Hopefully when it comes time for me to play the sequel I can just buy it off of GOG.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Time to take my smoking jacket and cravat out of the wardrobe. A game with style and panache.

Top Bottom